• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It would leave a sour taste in my mouth, given how badly I want a Nick Jr rep, but Swiper would work great as a common enemy. He takes one of your perks and tries to run off with it, but if you can attack him in time you get it back plus some extra goodies. Kinda like Poppant in Subspace, or more accurately, Tac in Smash Run.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
On the subject of enemies I had another thought, in a couple episodes of Garfield and friends and in that one game on the GBA there was a guy who built robot duplicates of odie

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, you know what, I’m down with this. At least they aren’t superglued together like Ren and Stimpy are. Aegis/PT style was my best case scenario for a duo Beaver situation. I still would have preferred separate slots but at least I can make them fight each other.

Their stage is kind of lame, though. I always thought the Dam should have been a Tomodachi Life kind of deal where you actually go inside.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Is that actually Nick Bakay doing Norb? I can't tell, sounds like him.

Also I see what they did there having most of the trailer be them fighting ZIM.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can make them fight each other
You better have a friend who's willing to never tag out/use assists, because I doubt the AI will act like they can only play as Norb or Dag.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Also I see what they did there having most of the trailer be them fighting ZIM.
If it's not him he's a perfect soundalike. The inflections are so spot on that I'd be floored if it wasn't him.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure, his tone sounds exactly like him. The devs have been doing a very good job to get every OG voice actor on board as they possibly can. I know Nick Bakay is still active in the entertainment business so I wouldn't be surprised that is him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If it's not him he's a perfect soundalike. The inflections are so spot on that I'd be floored if it wasn't him.
I'm pretty sure, his tone sounds exactly like him. The devs have been doing a very good job to get every OG voice actor on board as they possibly can. I know Nick Bakay is still active in the entertainment business so I wouldn't be surprised that is him.
On more watches, yeah that's absolutely him. That actually has me very excited, since most of his work in recent years has been behind the scenes rather than in acting.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Hopefully we'll get their spotlight video tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing how many moves I got right in my old movesets. I saw at least two in the trailer already.

Leak talk
it’s now become apparent why Catdog wasn’t prioritized with Angry Beavers taking the stance playstyle
CatDog's stance gameplay was honestly unique enough to stand apart from the Pyra/Myhtra thing the Beavers got going on. In general CatDog was a very unique and cleverly designed platform fighter character, still gonna miss them.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'd say the Beavers are looking pretty good!

Their in-game models look nice, and them being essentially akin to Pyra/Mythra and the Pokemon Trainer works to differentiate them from Ren & Stimpy. Although I'm curious how the attacks that involve the other beaver are going to work. And honestly, in a way, they're looking like a fully realized version of what I was hoping CatDog would be like, so even if the latter is cut, it looks like the Beavers are carrying the torch proudly (while including their own twist on the concept, of course).

Also, Richard Horvitz returning for Dag makes sense, and I appreciate that he makes Dag sound like Dag instead of sounding more like Zim. As for Norb's VA, I'm not quite sure, but that definitely sounds like Nick Bakay (or a really damn good impression of him), so that's neat.

All in all, I think Dag & Norb look like fun, and considering like "Aah, Real Monsters", their show hadn't really been seen or referenced in any video games since the original Nickoons Kart Racer, I'd say the devs did a good job with them!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It might just be me, but every time I see Reptar in this game it looks like he's gotten bigger than last time.

EDIT: I just realised that the Beavers' dam stage is literally just the Metroid stage from Smash 64. Same layout, same gimmick. Awesome. Always liked Zebes better than Brinstar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom