• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KatKit

Smash Lord
What if they added in Karai with her design from Shredder's Revenge as DLC?
I was thinking her Tournament Fighters design, especially since it's close to the 80's TMNT and referenced alot in April's moveset, but your suggestion is way better! If they ever add Karai (and they totally should), her Shredder's Revenge version is a solid loophole, ahaha

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, gotta say my quick thoughts on the stupid cat

1. I hate his new neutral special. It's dumb, makes no sense, and looks like a pain in the ass to deal with.
2. His super is just straight up lame. At the very minimum, the foods should look like they're having more of an impact, not just lightly brushing against the target.
3. Good to know they aren't wasting a slot on Odie.
4. The pirate outfit makes me happy as that's one of the few Garfield specials I actually like.
5. The mechanic is interesting though I'd say it seems a little unnecessary.
6. New version of Sweet Dreams music is nice, and the stage looks a lot better when it doesn't look so saturated.

As for other things we saw, we got a look both at a new part of Loud Castle and confirmation on the return of Hardcore Chores, which is just fine by me as I liked that stage.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There's something funny about both feline characters getting Shines in this game

Also there's, like, no way that Food mechanic doesn't end up being absolutely insane, right? It's like Shulk's Speed Monado Art on steroids lmao.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's something funny about both feline characters getting Shines in this game

Also there's, like, no way that Food mechanic doesn't end up being absolutely insane, right? It's like Shulk's Speed Monado Art on steroids lmao.
Both? You mean all three.

El Tigre, Stimpy, and Garfield all have one.

...they did it on purpose, I'm sure. And if CatDog would've gotten in I bet they would've too.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm really not feeling that neutral special either, it doesn't fit his character, reference nothing and just feels forced to have classic Garfield in some way there but the transformation make no sense. I think Pookie was way more fun.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The general consensus I've seen so far is that his new moveset is a letdown, but I think there's a lot of interesting stuff going on here and overall feels more true to Garfield as a character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I mean, we don't know how frequent it'll come up, but also the speed up didn't seem 'that' fast. I would've taken faster :p. I like acceleration.

Also, the shine special is funny :D.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm liking how Garfield looks. While I'm definitely sad that Pooky is gone, his new Down Special looks like it'll be fun to play around with, and I also like how the three pies each have their own unique properties now (instead of just the two types of pie from the first game). And honestly, I think the new Neutral Special just looks hilarious. As for the Super, it did look a bit off in the video, though hopefully this is something that's made better by the time the game releases.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how Garfield plays this time around.

Also, kudos to the team releasing Garfield's showcase on a Monday.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I believe the new super was a last-second addition, and it was already mentioned that there was a scrapped version of the move which only healed Garfield and nothing else.

EDIT: pipe real

EDIT 2: Remember that one dabbing Garfield comic everyone made fun of a few years back?
1695665476712.png

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I believe the new super was a last-second addition, and it was already mentioned that there was a scrapped version of the move which only healed Garfield and nothing else.

EDIT: pipe real

EDIT 2: Remember that one dabbing Garfield comic everyone made fun of a few years back?
View attachment 378316
Thats it, we've gone too far, shut it down

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Nahhh, y'all are trippin' if you don't think that Neutral Special's the funniest thing ever. I can't wait to hit the 1-frame Garfpose after every stock.
I'm a little torn on Garfield's new moveset. I was a big fan of the more technical Garf we saw in NASB1 - Pooky will be sorely missed - but this new rushdown-flavored Garf seems pretty nuts in his own right. I dunno which I'll prefer in the end, but I think I'm just sort of neutral on the changes overall. His super does look awful, but if anything, that's just further incentive to spend meter on cool stuff like cancels and airdashes.
I also like how the three pies each have their own unique properties now (instead of just the two types of pie from the first game).
Garfield actually had three pies in NASB1, one that pops people up, one that's a weak spike, and one that pushes away as a multihit. I am glad the cream pie from the first game is still in, even if as part of the Slime variant. It really was way better than the other two.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I am surprised at how much they changed Garfield considering he was probably the best-received fighter in NASB1 in terms of moveset. I don't think changing his entire archetype was necessary, but eh. We've got like, five cool zoners to choose from.
NASB2 Grand Finals @ EVO 2024

Top Bottom