• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Not much of an Avatar guy but Aang definitely looks better and has a much more natural kit. Though I don’t recall seeing any earth bending, is that his weakest bending style or something?
He’s got an Earthbending move, it’s just with green crystals rather than brown stones. It’s a reference to his fight with Azula at the end of season two.

FazDude

Smash Master
Honestly, this Aang is a big step-up in pretty much every way, but the emphasis on the earthbending move with the stone pillars has me intrigued. I try not to be all "the sky is falling" whenever something so much as hints as a cut, but this may not bode well for Toph. Would love to be wrong, though.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Honestly, this Aang is a big step-up in pretty much every way, but the emphasis on the earthbending move with the stone pillars has me intrigued. I try not to be all "the sky is falling" whenever something so much as hints as a cut, but this may not bode well for Toph. Would love to be wrong, though.
Its probably just a coincidence.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Toph can do way more than make stone pillars with earthbending.

It's a single move on his kit dawg

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The Earthbending move uses crystals, not boulders, it's referencing this scene from the show.

1694458168425.jpeg

It looks different enough from what Toph usually does that I think she should be safe, depending on what they do with Korra.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This game has really been stepping it up with the 2000s Nick love which I am just completely here for.

SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre, Teenage Robot, Danny Phantom, and Avatar were my favorites as a kid other than like, Ben 10, so the fact that they've all been added, added to, or revamped to feel better looking and more in character... it's good for my soul, just like a delicious Krabby Patty.

Good ****ing ****.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
After thinking about it, yeah, "Aang has a earthbending move =/= No Toph" was kind of a stretch. Like I said, I don't put too much thought into cuts, but I guess the severity of the changes made to Aang in comparison to everyone else caught me a little off-guard, so my bad.

Anyway, Aang's new kit is stellar, to be clear - Aang's NASB1 kit isn't awful from a function standpoint, but hyperfocusing on air honestly makes the set feel a little meh thematically. Most of that set's moves don't really feel airbendery and more like him using regular moves with flashier motion lines.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm pretty mixed on the Aang changes. His moveset certainly looks better from a visual standpoint, though I'm not a fan of how they oversaturated basically all of his light aerials with wind effects. That I think was pointless and only really looks good on Up and Down air. The extra jump is neat and I like how they replaced his one lame special from NASB1 with Sheik needles, though the new Side Special is kinda underwhelming. I probably won't play him as much in this game since I rarely like chippy defensive characters, so I'm probably the one person who'll miss his old kit at least a little bit. Maybe he'll still be fun, I dunno.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Their facial animations are ****ing ridiculous good god

Also a completely perfect choice for their super

Also what the hell a Dark Danny skin????

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Wrong yet again
First of all, visually, they look fantastic.

Their moveset looks.... basically the same as it did in NASB1. I didn't really notice anything new. Besides the super which, well, what else were they gonna go for, it's the perfect choice for them!

Also it looks to me like they have the toast shine added to the fart counter now. Hoo boy...

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Also it looks to me like they have the toast shine added to the fart counter now. Hoo boy...
I'd normally say that this hints at the characters in the Kevin Story Mode image being cut, but that doesn't explain the Helga website leak.

That aside, I really love the way the Dalmatian alt looks on them!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'd normally say that this hints at the characters in the Kevin Story Mode image being cut, but that doesn't explain the Helga website leak.

That aside, I really love the way the Dalmatian alt looks on them!
I’d say I can’t believe I live in a world where I said the phrase “added the toast shine to the fart counter” completely seriously.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like how they have a move that's just them sniffing rancid stenches

I do hope we get to see some more offense-based characters soon. I really hope they haven't over-corrected into a hyper-defensive game like modern Smash.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Ren & Stimpy time. Also, hey it's Coney:
  • The amount of alternate costumes we see here is off the charts (cowboy ren & stimpy, dalmation ren & stimpy, space Ren & Stimpy, dark danny, blue pants patrick)
  • I knew Ren & Stimpy's facial expressions and animations would be top tier quality since we saw Plankton, and they did not disappoint.
  • HOLY COW!! REN ACTUALLY HAS THINGS TO DO NOW!!! That was my biggest complaint about the characters from the first game. He's not just "riding Stimpy and that's basically it" anymore.
  • We finally get to see more of Powdered Toast Trouble. Love the detail on the sizzling eggs and sausage on the pan.
  • That booger idle is so gross lol. Why does it have a tiny face
  • The down special also has a meter tied to it on the HUD! Always a good thing.
  • For the up-special, it looks like you can now delay the button push and it stops Ren & Stimpy in place in the air.
  • Okay, Ren & Stimpy have the best super in the game. Calling it right now.
Overall, Ren & Stimpy look so much better than how they appeared in the first game, both in animation, as well as in execution of their moveset. Geez, the characters that I did not care about at all in the first game have now become the characters I'm the most interested to try out (first Aang, now R&S)

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
So far we got 10 characters that haven't been showcased. It seems they are choosing at random at this point.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I like how they have a move that's just them sniffing rancid stenches

I do hope we get to see some more offense-based characters soon. I really hope they haven't over-corrected into a hyper-defensive game like modern Smash.
i’m sure there’ll be plenty offensive characters in time - aang’s new defensive capability i think was in interest of representing his character ,, whereas ren and stimpy probably needed to be retrofit into the new game’s mechanics and philosophy. that’s my theory at least

i agree though, its definitely not as hyperaggro as the previous game but im sure the developers still have that core ideology at heart for bulk of the roster

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, I think I'm safe to say I don't think we're getting everyone back now. Some cuts are happening, and sadly, looks like PTM was one of them. Would love to be wrong though.

I actually don't think that image including PTM means anything, I think the point of said image is just to explain the plot of the story. That or, once again, just to troll us.

The stage theme is a remixed version of the original, so not every track is gone that isn't Jellyfish or Sweet Dreams, that makes me happy.

Glad to see they at least got the Space Madness outfits as a costume to reference the iconic episode.

The animations look infinitely more deranged and gross, very fitting for them.

I'm hoping the cuts are minimal. I think this bodes well for Toph seeing as so far none of her kit has been out into Aang or Korra from what we've seen.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since classic Rooftop is back, I guess that's confirmation that the competitive forms will have more than just the layouts seen in the Harmonic video?

Also makes me wonder what the casual forms of stages like Jellyfish will look like.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While it's not something that effects me in particular, it is a little weird how none of the marketing has shown off items, and the voices seem to be on low most of the time in the showcases.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Well, I think I'm safe to say I don't think we're getting everyone back now. Some cuts are happening, and sadly, looks like PTM was one of them. Would love to be wrong though.

I actually don't think that image including PTM means anything, I think the point of said image is just to explain the plot of the story. That or, once again, just to troll us.

The stage theme is a remixed version of the original, so not every track is gone that isn't Jellyfish or Sweet Dreams, that makes me happy.

Glad to see they at least got the Space Madness outfits as a costume to reference the iconic episode.

The animations look infinitely more deranged and gross, very fitting for them.

I'm hoping the cuts are minimal. I think this bodes well for Toph seeing as so far none of her kit has been out into Aang or Korra from what we've seen.
I guess its safe to assume that anyone who's in the NASB1 footage is safe. Helga and Linc have evidence of their inclusion and are on that list. PTM has evidence of exclusion and is not on that list.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's literally disconfirmed. Not even a theory or speculation.
It literally is not, as they have not made any public announcement about that. Stop spreading misinformation.

We're making a guess that R&S having the toast shine means PTM isn't in, but until we get confirmation either from word of mouth of the devs or the games release, these remain speculative inferences.

I personally believe that this is a sign that he's out, but there's always the possibility that they could just both have the move. Not a likely possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
I'm not a big Ren & Stimpy fan but they look great, their super is that funny thing I like in a Final Smash like Ridley's or K. Rool's where they have the power to repeatedly destroy the same thing, but with the entire world.

Aang looks great too, I think they finally did him justice and it's funny to contrast with his super that's a genuinely badass attack.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It literally is not, as they have not made any public announcement about that. Stop spreading misinformation.

We're making a guess that R&S having the toast shine means PTM isn't in, but until we get confirmation either from word of mouth of the devs or the games release, these remain speculative inferences.

I personally believe that this is a sign that he's out, but there's always the possibility that they could just both have the move. Not a likely possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.
What I said has nothing to do with PTM, it has to do with the interview quote.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What I said has nothing to do with PTM, it has to do with the interview quote.
You mean the dodgy, "avoid a yes or no answer" that he gave?

Saying "we looked at the reception to the first games roster when deciding the roster of this game" is not the same as directly saying "yes, some characters got cut" or "no, everyone returned."

Top Bottom