• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean it's not super unheard of. Even in Ultimate it's entirely possible to unlock Chrom before Roy (and I think it's also possible to get Ken before Ryu but I could be wrong) even though Chrom is an echo fighter of Roy. Not exactly the same situation, but Lincoln being unlockable isn't the absolute most ridiculous thing ever.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean it's not super unheard of. Even in Ultimate it's entirely possible to unlock Chrom before Roy (and I think it's also possible to get Ken before Ryu but I could be wrong) even though Chrom is an echo fighter of Roy. Not exactly the same situation, but Lincoln being unlockable isn't the absolute most ridiculous thing ever.
It would be like if Smash made Link or Pikachu unlockable.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
how about instead of going on and on with Riley's endless tug of war about Lincoln we instead talk about
How they might justify having Helga and Gerald both on the roster, judging by the datamined Helga page and that alleged leak where the MIA vets have turned evil

I'm thinking Helga's going to go all-in on bullying with her redesigned moveset while Gerald gets the sports-related stuff

LimeTH

Smash Lord
how about instead of going on and on with Riley's endless tug of war about Lincoln we instead talk about
How they might justify having Helga and Gerald both on the roster, judging by the datamined Helga page and that alleged leak where the MIA vets have turned evil

I'm thinking Helga's going to go all-in on bullying with her redesigned moveset while Gerald gets the sports-related stuff
One of the captions on the leaked page was "Shove it". Which would fit well for Helga having a more bullying-centric moveset.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Based on some ideas thrown around the Subreddit, some base roster characters probably unlock their counterparts in said story mode:
  • Spongebob/Patrick - Sandy
  • Raphael - Leonardo
  • Donatello - Michelangelo
  • Lucy - Lincoln
  • Gerald - Helga
  • R&S - Powdered Toast Man
  • Jimmy - Hugh
  • Aang - Toph
  • Angry Beavers(?) - CatDog (iconic 90's animal duos)
  • ??? - Oblina
Shredder's probably a part of the story mode villains like Vlad, Ember, Plankton, or Azula. Aside from him and Oblina, every unconfirmed veteran has a character to be rescued by. It also matches up to the image very nicely.
Maybe Reptar for Oblina? they're both creatures

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wonder what's up with the Loud Castle stage if Lincoln really is gone.
It will be the home stage of my OC, Loudon Linc.
loudon linc.png

He is completely unrelated to and bears no resemblance to any preexisting Nickelodeon characters! What are you talking about?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
At this point I hope Lincoln gets revealed next just for the kid to shut up about it
Then there will be "There might be a patch that removes him"

You gotta admit, him blowing off all the scolding and clowning and keeping on with it is pretty admirable in a way.

Though it's also made me worried about coming off similarly when I talk about the Angry Beavers, so I've been choking down my copium over that mostly by myself.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Then there will be "There might be a patch that removes him"

You gotta admit, him blowing off all the scolding and clowning and keeping on with it is pretty admirable in a way.

Though it's also made me worried about coming off similarly when I talk about the Angry Beavers, so I've been choking down my copium over that mostly by myself.
Admirable certainly wouldn't be the first word to start with "a" that I would use referring to him

I wouldn't worry about it, you're a lot more reasonable and self-aware than he is

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
At this point I hope Lincoln gets revealed next just for the kid to shut up about it
Its antics like his that gets the character so much undeserved mockery - even in the Loud House's fanbase itself.

Trust me, not all Linc fans are like this.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think we should all do a better job at ignoring it. Myself included, I know I'm guilty of further derailing the thread to go after the guy and it's getting to where I feel like I'm wasting my time dunking on some kid.
At this point the thread is just becoming non-stop arguing with this one dude. Just... don't look at it.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Gonna be real.... I think the first NASB2 article talking about the characters was the worst thing about this whole thing.
Definitely, it bred a lot of uncertainty. We had a lot of content in the first game that was hidden until close to release, so if it weren't for Diego's non-answer people would assume that the missing veterans are gonna be revealed later and thus would be much calmer.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m just gonna share my two potential roster predictions now without elaboration because that’s funnier
Scenario 1: Vlad isn’t playable and we’re getting separate Beavers
image.png

Scenario 2: Vlad is playable and Beavers are a duo
image.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, if some of the missing veterans are be shown off in the story mode trailer, we can probably agree that anyone not seen in that trailer is gone, right?

If the veterans are the ones in the leak, I wouldn't mind too much. No Oblina and CatDog is a bummer and no Mikey - while not impacting me - makes absolutely no sense, but I still think this is a good selection of returnees from an inclusion perspective - I can't really consider function or how much I like playing as characters since everyone's being reworked, so sorry Linc.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Ugh, I don't know whether to be less or more nervous about this leak.

So, if some of the missing veterans are be shown off in the story mode trailer, we can probably agree that anyone not seen in that trailer is gone, right?

If the veterans are the ones in the leak, I wouldn't mind too much. No Oblina and CatDog is a bummer and no Mikey - while not impacting me - makes absolutely no sense, but I still think this is a good selection of returnees from an inclusion perspective - I can't really consider function or how much I like playing as characters since everyone's being reworked, so sorry Linc.
If the four missing from the picture really are gone, then watch them be the four characters in the Season pass.

In regards to Linc, I hate to sound like Riley, but if he ever does get cut (for whatever reason) he's basically screwed for good. There'd be little to no demand to bring him back (especially in comparison to someone like Mikey or CatDog), and it'd be evidence that even corporate's not protecting him.

Also, only three of the four turtles is exactly the kind of tone deaf "sacrifice decency for a quick laugh" move I'd expect from the devs.

Anyway, surprised we didn't get Ember's showcase today, given we got El Tigre's last Friday.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'd probably want Lincoln back if there weren't moveset revamps, and that's not even because of the function alone - I really like Lincoln in NASB 1 partially because of his turtle playstyle, but also because of how generic he is. This is most likely actual contrarianism speaking, I'll admit, but there's just something bold and fun about beating up a Ninja Turtle with what seems like the most boring, bland audience surrogate character imaginable (not saying that he actually is, just that NASB makes him seem like it) from a show filled with infinitely more intricately themed side characters, if he got ghost hunting gear of whatever, I wouldn't find as much charm in his inclusion over a second sister, which was kinda unnecessary in the first place IMO.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well screw Vlad, then! Get him outta there! No Vlads Club!
Broke: Wanting Beavers to be Separate and Nixing Vlad because of it
Woke: Wanting Beavers to be Separate and Vlad to show up
Bespoke: Wanting Beavers to be Separate and Vlad and Gir to show up alongside the entire cast from the first game returning

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Either way, hopefully the veterans in the pic are just the ones he happened to choose for the picture and the specifics don't mean anything.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Bespoke: Wanting Beavers to be Separate and Vlad and Gir to show up alongside the entire cast from the first game returning
This is literally my ideal. I want separate Beavers, playable GIR might be the one thing I want even more than that, and there's no reason not to have Vlad or all the veterans.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The reason is called budget and limited time.
Though from what we can tell, the 98% figure is a bit of an exaggeration. For example, Spongebob keeps most of his moves from the previous game (so its not like every character is getting overhauled), and they stated that Jenny's model is her NASB1 model with enhancements. Its not like they're scrapping everything, there's clearly still asset reuse.

Top Bottom