• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If there are bosses in the game, I think it'd be really cool if they were PM Wario Man/Giga Bowser style variants of the existing cast based on all their evil clones and brainwashed forms - Dark Danny, Plankton's robot SpongeBob, Evil Jimmy, Power Trip Rocko, so on. Maybe throw in Primal Self Garfield if you want to get really deep with the cuts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If there are bosses in the game, I think it'd be really cool if they were PM Wario Man/Giga Bowser style variants of the existing cast based on all their evil clones and brainwashed forms - Dark Danny, Plankton's robot SpongeBob, Evil Jimmy, Power Trip Rocko, so on. Maybe throw in Primal Self Garfield if you want to get really deep with the cuts.
How do you know those villains on the leak aren't the bosses?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well considering one of the new villains is known for hypnosis I think brainwashing is likely

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Let me ask you something here: Do you have people you regularly play NASB with? Locally or online? Because that's the problem here. I don't. And I will continue to not have people to play the game with as long as NASB is associated with the first game's launch.
My answer to that is "no" for the simple reason that I haven't played NASB regularly in ages (for reasons unrelated to its playercount). If I did decide to boot it up again, I have friends who own it. Even if I didn't, there's nothing wrong with sending out a matchmaking ping, or even just a simple "anybody want some games?" That's how most fighting games are; you'll genuinely have more luck finding a game throwing out a ping in the Discord than you will hopping on Casual. Fans of niche FGs like any non-XV King of Fighters do that stuff all the time, and they get a ton out of their game in spite of double-digit playercounts. That's what I mean when I talk about enjoying a game in spite of how unpopular it is. (That, and just ignoring what haters who've never touched the game and never will have to say about it - the past few generations of Pokemon taught me that one.) This game HAS a dedicated playerbase; ya just gotta be willing to go out and find it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have friends who own it.
Well I do too, they just don't wanna spend money on 2 unless it "redeems" the series in the eyes of the public. And keep in mind they're willing to play niche fighters, just not ones featuring SpongeBob unless they're NOT niche. Don't ask me why.

Furthermore, I would be more willing to ping the Grinders server or keep my matchmaking tag for those times when matchmaking pings happen when I'm awake, but I get more motivation to play fighters when I know I can get the chance to have local tournaments for them. And the only local tourney I could ever go to for NASB1 was in its launch month.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Furthermore, I would be more willing to ping the Grinders server or keep my matchmaking tag for those times when matchmaking pings happen when I'm awake
I got a Grinders ping seconds before you posted this.

Anyway, your problem with your friends not wanting to play a niche SpongeBob game is a you problem that should be sorted out personally, not inflicted on everyone else. It's a lot more convenient to just try and convince your friends to play a funny spob game than to force every other NASB fan to care when they - as you've already pointed out - clearly don't. If they're adamant on not playing, just stop asking and either adjust to CPU play or settle with a game they can get behind.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's a lot more convenient to just try and convince your friends to play a funny spob game
No, it isn't when despite preferring it over Smash they jumped off when everyone else did.
than to force every other NASB fan to care when they - as you've already pointed out - clearly don't
Despite my exaggerations about what NASBcord is like, there are people in there who wish the game was more popular, they just aren't willing to promote it.
either adjust to CPU play
Nah, too boring. These are multiplayer games, you should want to play them with multiple people. SP content is just a bonus.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Actually, the amazon leak shows veterans that were present during the first trailer correct? Not a single new confirmation outside of that (and obviously newcomers)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Actually, the amazon leak shows veterans that were present during the first trailer correct? Not a single new confirmation outside of that (and obviously newcomers)
Yep. The only veterans present were those that were shown in the first trailer (aside from ones that only appeared in NASB1 footage).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Seeing this, it kind of makes me glad we only got 2 new shows in base NASB's roster, since all the remaining shows Ludosity and Nick would care about adding are all in the top row, with the possible exception of Glitch Techs. We'd be running out of new shows to add faster than you could say "Canceled during season 1"

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Seeing this, it kind of makes me glad we only got 2 new shows in base NASB's roster, since all the remaining shows Ludosity and Nick would care about adding are all in the top row, with the possible exception of Glitch Techs. We'd be running out of new shows to add faster than you could say "Canceled during season 1"
the **** is a huntik

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Talk about running low on noteworthy options lmao.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally the only unrep shows I would like to see representation are Fairly oddparents, Rocket Power, Glitch techs, FanBoy Chum Chum, Barnyard and Sanjay and Craig.

I do hope that if there's a third game (or maybe with DLC but I doubt it) they're going to open the door to Nick Jr. And Live action stuff. This would bring way more potential on the table like Dora, Blue, Backyardigans, ICarly, Alex Mack etc.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who says they want to bury US Acres? Did they chop the segments out of Garfield and Friends reruns or something?
No, but outside of being 33% of Garfield and Friends it's always been overshadowed by Garfield, and Paws Inc acting like "the Garfield and nothing else company" for decades isn't gonna help that.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
No, but outside of being 33% of Garfield and Friends it's always been overshadowed by Garfield, and Paws Inc acting like "the Garfield and nothing else company" for decades isn't gonna help that.
There's also few ways to get it now. It was taken off the comics hosting site it was on and Garfield. Com redirects to a Nick site now

Baysha

Smash Ace
Even though it's going in a direction much more similar to Smash, I can at least appreciate them changing things up and experimenting from the last game even though I'm not a fan of the particular direction they're going in.

Last edited:
Most of these have cult followings at best, and I didn't even know they made games besides Monkey Quest. I didn't even know they owned Neopets at one point.

Still, I get the feeling they'd rather give CatDog a second slot on the roster than give some of these the time of day. The biggest game-sellers left would be Timmy, Otis, one of the Rocket Power kids, Rudy or Snap, Miko, and maybe Fanboy and Doug. Everyone else is best suited for the Assist Trophy role right about now.

And with four DLC slots and a host of existing franchises to pull from? It doesn't look good to be an unrepped series right about now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Most of these have cult followings at best, and I didn't even know they made games besides Monkey Quest. I didn't even know they owned Neopets at one point.

Still, I get the feeling they'd rather give CatDog a second slot on the roster than give some of these the time of day. The biggest game-sellers left would be Timmy, Otis, one of the Rocket Power kids, Rudy or Snap, Miko, and maybe Fanboy and Doug. Everyone else is best suited for the Assist Trophy role right about now.

And with four DLC slots and a host of existing franchises to pull from? It doesn't look good to be an unrepped series right about now.
Especially if we don't get any new stages alongside them. I can't really see them adding a fighter without a stage to represent their franchise.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Everyone else is best suited for the Assist Trophy role right about now.
And that's assuming they can even get the license for that. They wanted to include beating up Buhdeuce from Breadwinners as an item, and GM never making games featuring BW characters is likely to have been just as much of an issue as the concept of that item sounding more like what you'd see in a Newgrounds cartoon instead of an officially licensed game.

It's something I've considered regarding why Nick would initially say no to Oblina just because she's from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. It's weird because they feature the monsters in 90's merch all the time, but when Nick Kart Racers didn't feature ARM content until NASB did, I assume licensing has something to do with it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I didn't know myself, I googled it and apparently Viacom (now Paramount) bought Neopets in 2005 and sold it back in 2014. Not sure why it's in the image at all tho because as far as I'm aware Nickelodeon never made a Neopets show despite being owned by Viacom. That would be like putting the musical comedy Grease on the image because Paramount owns it, it doesn't make sense to have it in the game if Nickelodeon made nothing with it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
And that's assuming they can even get the license for that. They wanted to include beating up Buhdeuce from Breadwinners as an item, and GM never making games featuring BW characters is likely to have been just as much of an issue as the concept of that item sounding more like what you'd see in a Newgrounds cartoon instead of an officially licensed game.

It's something I've considered regarding why Nick would initially say no to Oblina just because she's from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. It's weird because they feature the monsters in 90's merch all the time, but when Nick Kart Racers didn't feature ARM content until NASB did, I assume licensing has something to do with it.
Angry Beavers and El Tigre content incoming for Kart Racers 4 lets ****in' gooooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know myself, I googled it and apparently Viacom (now Paramount) bought Neopets in 2005 and sold it back in 2014. Not sure why it's in the image at all tho because as far as I'm aware Nickelodeon never made a Neopets show despite being owned by Viacom. That would be like putting the musical comedy Grease on the image because Paramount owns it, it doesn't make sense to have it in the game if Nickelodeon made nothing with it.
I put Neopets there Nick while they did not make a show for it, they DID promote it with their brand, back then you can find cards with the Neopets along with Monkey Quest and other Nick characters, Nick promoted Neopets with Monkey Quest toghether once in Comic Con, they even had a collab with a special Spongebob plush in the game
video_image-XJNjcZTlo.png

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
While Neopets didn’t have much presence on Nick, there were some Nick promotions on Neopets during the time Viacom owned it.

Viacom later sold Neopets to JumpStart, then JumpStart itself later got bought out by NetDragon, then NetDragon eventually shut down JumpStart but kept Neopets, and recently they sold Neopets to the guy who was running their short-lived metaverse project, so it’s technically indie nowadays I think? It probably wouldn’t be too hard to get a licensing deal for Neo if they reeeeally wanted a Neo rep, but as aforementioned, it wasn‘t a big part of Nick’s history, so I don’t see why they would.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Most of the modern shows ain't getting representation.

Too bad every Nicktoon not named SpongeBob and The Loud House or doesn't get ratings become screwed over without mercy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't think, outside of Glitch Techs, anything after T.U.F.F. Puppy will get anything. I honestly think Kitty's got a decent shot, same with Fanboy and Chum-Chum, but that's it.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I have a feeling NASB 2 will be one of those "bad sequel, great game in it's own right" games, which I'm personally OK with.
Honestly, I agree with the video title, the first game's complexity was fine. Turning the game into a platformer Guilty Gear will probably turn off a lot of people, given how centralizing the meter is.

Top Bottom