• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
NASB and MVS is still such a weird comparison. One is a fast-paced 1v1 game based on perfecting a character's tools and movement, and the other is a slower 2v2 game based around enhancing and wisely picking options from a character's skill tree.
If I had to guess, it’s because MVS technically counts as a CN Punch Time Explosion successor because CN characters… even though the game itself is for all of WBD and not just CN.

But yeah I never understood the comparisons either (and this is coming from someone who likes MVS).

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
NASB and MVS is still such a weird comparison. One is a fast-paced 1v1 game based on perfecting a character's tools and movement, and the other is a slower 2v2 game based around enhancing and wisely picking options from a character's skill tree.
Yeah, but people just think "Platform Fighter" and never take any further differences into account in these situations. There's really nothing you can do about that.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This might be me wishful thinking, but with the game seemingly not releasing this year and having longer development time make me think if Timmy Turner have a bigger shot this time. More development time and bigger budget also means more time to deal with the licencing issues the character have. Also we know that they really want to go with big community pick, just with the DLC we had Jenny Hugh and Rocko who were 3 big requests and according to leaked characters other big requests are coming. And sure he wasn't in any of the Kart racers game, but he was in the Tennis game of all thing. I remember when Timmy got announced for the Tennis game Rep made a comments that hinted that the team tried to get him for the first game but couldn't. Maybe this time they'll figure something out.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Fields is referring to how next year is when MVS gets released For Real This Time™.
I'm not too worried about it, to be honest. Even if MVS's relaunch turns out amazing, I feel the damage is already done by how quickly they lost people the first time. Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, hopefully NASB2 will be given a few months to breathe rather than being smothered by a Smash announcement day 1 like the first game was.
Totally not silly to release NASB 2 between the massive and reworked Multiversus and Rivals of Aether 2.
I'm honestly not even expecting Rivals 2 next year at this point. It's been three years and we've seen a whopping five characters and, what, four stages? We'll see what next year's Rivals Direct brings, but I'd expect NASB2 and R2 to release on opposite ends of the year, if anything.

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Also would have been cool seeing the Dreamworks Interactive characters show up to race in a diffrent timeline where that subsidiary didn't shut down (who btw are owned by EA now)
Dreamworks Interactive.jpeg

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Alright time for the part where I look back at prior Dreamworks game crossovers for hints only for them to amount to nothing:

Madagascar Kartz - Mostly just Madagascar characters, but Shrek and BOB were also playable as guest characters

Dreamworks Super Star Kartz - This game had the Shrek, Madagascar, How To Train Your Dragon and Monsters vs Aliens franchises crossover, it had the following roster:
Shrek - Shrek, Donkey, Fiona
Madagascar - Alex, Marty, Skipper
HTTYD - Hiccup, Toothless
MvA - BOB

Weirdly enough the DS version of the game had a bunch of exclusive characters, but all of them were only from Madagascar, those being Gloria, Melman, King Julien and the two monkey characters Phil and Mason (they share a kart)

Finally that leaves the big one, this one being a mobile game:

Dreamworks Universe of Legends (released in 2017)
This mobile game has a whooping 40+ playable characters, but I’ll try my best to name as many as I can find

Madagascar: Alex, King Julien, Marty, Mason, Maurice, Makunga, Nana, Skipper

Shrek: Shrek, Donkey, Gingy, Three Little Pigs, Lord Farquaad, Pinocchio, Snow White (how tf was **** in Boots never in these games…)

Kung Fu Panda: Po, Mr Ping, Tai Lung, Tigress, Monkey, Viper, Commander Vachir

HTTYD: Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, Stormfly, Eret, Hookfang, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Barf & Belch

The Croods: Eep, Guy, Chunky, Douglas, Punch Monkey

The rest: Megamind, Jack Frost, Turbo, Mr. Peabody, Sherman

Of course nothing is set in stone and with how few Dreamworks crossover games there have been it’s very hard to gauge anything but still figured it was worth bringing to discussion

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
MultiVersus isn't exactly a competitor to NASB. MultiVersus is a free to play live service, which offers a completely different experience from NASB despite them both being platform fighters. Plus, MultiVersus has greater emphasis on 2v2 matches and has upgrades and skill trees. Unless NASB2 also goes the free to play live service route it's in no danger from losing out to MultiVersus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, it's obvious the two games are ones that would ultimately garner separate core audiences, but to the average casual fan, there's absolutely an overlap simply due to their shared genre of "crossover platform fighter." While it's ignorant to say they're exactly the same game, it's also ignorant to say they're not competing at all for mindshare, as unfair as that may be.

View attachment 375100
so any guesses on who’s left :4pacman:
I'm willing to hedge my bets:
  1. Alex the Lion
  2. Skipper
  3. B.O.B.
  4. Eep Crood
  5. King Julian / Diane Foxington / Lucky Prescott & Spirit / Barry B. Benson / Captain Underpants / Everest (Abominable)
  6. Turbo / Jack Frost / Moon Boy / Gabby / Ruby Gillman / Miguel & Tulio
  7. She-Ra / Mr. Peabody / Waldo / LarryBoy / Lance / Felix the Cat / Casper / Postman Pat / Noddy / Woody Woodpecker / Curious George / Gru
Or for short, at least two Madagascar racers, B.O.B. and Eep, a fifth sensible pick, a dream pick, and a rep from a different Universal studio.

The funny thing is that I didn't even know Classic Media was on the table before someone jokingly said VeggieTales was possible.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I hope the Kamp Koral leak is real for three reasons:

1. Unique wavedash character animations is such an incredible idea that I'm shocked it's took this long for a platfighter to do, and will probably be done really well if the strafe animations are anything to go by.
  2. baby clone funny.
  3. 2018 facebook mum memes funny

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Jack Frost feels possible. Captain Underpants I don't see but its not impossible

Chicken Run would rock but they're not involved with the sequel so

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A Chicken Run race track would be incredible - going through the narrow edges of the coop yard into the conveyer belt-filled pie factory, and then teleporting into the paradise island.

If Dreamworks still had the rights to the old Jay Ward stuff that could be pretty fun too. I assume Illumination is off-limits, but if they did have their films it'd be cool if the Dreamworks characters teamed up with Trolls while the Illumination characters teamed up with Minions (or ducks I guess, if they want to have playable Minions.)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Oogway is a cool but kinda weird choice, especially when we have Shifu too. Is there memes or just a general fan follwing around the character? I know he has a bigger role in the third film, which I never saw

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If Dreamworks still had the rights to the old Jay Ward stuff that could be pretty fun too. I assume Illumination is off-limits, but if they did have their films it'd be cool if the Dreamworks characters teamed up with Trolls while the Illumination characters teamed up with Minions (or ducks I guess, if they want to have playable Minions.)
WildBrain nowadays has the global distribution rights Jay Ward's cartoons.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well just as I was heading to bed I saw this…long Twitter post from the guy who gave us the following leaks:

• The first boxart
  • Danny sword
  • The second boxart
  • Also seems to support the original Squidward, Patrick and Danny leaks

There is a lot to digest here….stuff I will digest tomorrow lol, feel free to discuss anyone that’s still up ig

Edit - And if you’d rather not use Muskrat app here’s some screenshots:

“Originally I was going to post this before the El Tigre leak was outed as fake, but I was doing other stuff and reacting people's mental breakdown about it. I present to you why the NASB 2 leaks on Reddit was obviously fake.”
IMG_9118.jpeg

IMG_9119.jpeg

IMG_9120.jpeg

IMG_9121.jpeg

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well I understand why this guy likes Kevin so much. His writing sounds just like him.

That said... He seems to imply it might get revealed at Evo. Which would be pretty cool. One of my friends is going, wish I could tag along. I don't know what to make of the wording on "unpredictable at it's worst."

Still hoping Manny is in the game regardless.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
"Who would want to make a fake leak for a dead game??"

A lot of people, it appears.

also rip unique wavedash animations

EDIT: Since this says "early build", perhaps the 2024 speculation has a bit more weight to it?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well just as I was heading to bed I saw this…long Twitter post from the guy who gave us the following leaks:

• The first boxart
  • Danny sword
  • The second boxart
  • Also seems to support the original Squidward, Patrick and Danny leaks

There is a lot to digest here….stuff I will digest tomorrow lol, feel free to discuss anyone that’s still up ig

Edit - And if you’d rather not use Muskrat app here’s some screenshots:

“Originally I was going to post this before the El Tigre leak was outed as fake, but I was doing other stuff and reacting people's mental breakdown about it. I present to you why the NASB 2 leaks on Reddit was obviously fake.”
View attachment 375149
View attachment 375150
View attachment 375151
View attachment 375152
is it me or is this guy very salty?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Evo reveal would make sense since they did have Hugh and it feels like Riot \ Sony era Evo have been giving a lot of time to "indie" fighters but we'll see

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It says the 3D cover is the "Old cover", so that must mean the 2D cover is final or at least newer. I'm assuming Otto and Tigre aren't in from the "speculation is wrong" thing.
I figured the "speculation is wrong" part went hand in hand with the "unpredictable at worst" claim. That is, that many people are expecting a predictable set of the most requested characters, but the actual roster has some oddballs. It's vague either way though, so it could even be something else entirely lmao.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That trailer makes me very anxious. Specifically the moveset revamps, stage layouts, and the lower colour saturation.

EDIT: Looks a lot better now I'm watching it at 1080p. Still don't like the stages, but there don't seem to be that as many moveset changes. All the new moves they showed seem to be replacements for the identical-looking air moves. I like how Aang seems to be the same just with his staff changed to elements.

A lot more confident now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom