• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I genuinely don't understand the push for Sonic in this game some people have. When it comes to licensing characters from other companies, someone like Po, who had a Nicktoon, would make more sense. Hell, even if you just wanted a character with loose "Paramount" connections instead of Nick ones, why not Clone High's JFK at that point? Or Beavis and Butthead?

Sonic has so many more leaps in logic as a crossover character and wouldn't fit at all.
The people who ask for Sonic don't really care about "logical picks". They just want a cool character in that'd elevate the roster to them. I don't have a stake in this personally, to me, Sonic would just be like Garfield: unexpected but jives with the 90s icons well enough.

Yes, let's celebrate a stupidly out of character sticking with their awful moveset

The way Avatar is treated here is honestly trash
You're so right lol, if Avatar characters really don't get a rework or new moves at least, I'm going to be real disappointed. At least try to rep your characters properly.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
You know I never hear people talk about it nowadays but I always thought Catstatch was entertaining. Not like the best Nicktoon or anything but I wouldn't change the channel if it was on or anything.

...was Mr. Blik voiced by Wayne Knight? If not it was a stellar impression.

I could see Waffle getting in as a WTF pick, though he's far from my most wanted, or even top 20. But I wouldn't hate it
Catscratch is pretty entertaining true but I can think of 3 reasons why it’s not talked about nearly as much

1) As far as I’m aware it’s not on Paramount Plus, not sure if it’s even been on any streaming services? So people aren’t coming around and finding it nowadays by happenstance unless they really get into Nicktoon history or something

2) The show only got 1 season, so there’s a good chance a lot of Nick fans just never saw it or those that did forgot about it over time

3) The creator turned out to be a colossal POS (same creator as Earthworm Jim unfortunately)

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, upon further review I kinda get the appeal for Sonic even if I'm not one of his supporters. Sonic does pair extremely well with Nickelodeon's cast of characters. Arguably the best out of Smash and MVS' rosters imo. Aesthetically, the majority of this roster kept a similar 90s design aspect in personality and design, meshing with Sonic's too cool for school attitude. There's a lot more anthropomorphic creatures in this game and there's a lot less superheroes for a change, just normal everyday characters. One of Sonic's most common pair ups is everyday individuals. They're also the cartooniest and Sonic's super cartoony.

But drop the idea that he needs to be Movie Sonic. Just use regular Sonic like the devs would realistically do.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I haven't shared this yet but a reviewer named QG made a roster tierlist prediction for some of the nickelodeon characters for NASB 2
Thoughts on it?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
I haven't shared this yet but a reviewer named QG made a roster tierlist prediction for some of the nickelodeon characters for NASB 2
Thoughts on it?
Ember is one of my most wanted, though I feel like he may be overshooting her chances.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
huh, the more you know i guess

poor pichu

i didn't only air there did it? i swear i've seen that before
Meaning that that's the only place it aired on Nick. In the US for example, I'm pretty sure it was on Kids WB.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Thoughts on it?
This thing has separate portraits for Fanboy, ChumChum, Timmy, Cosmo, Wanda, Lola, Lana and each Catscratch cat and it still crams the Angry Beavers into a duo?!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Thoughts on it?
Hi

Anyways um a more accurate title for this vid would’ve been roster probability prediction

And as I’ve made evident my actual roster prediction doesn’t necessarily align with it lol

Faso115

Smash Lord
I still think Angelica has a fair shot.

Why would you deny thousand of Rugrats fans the chance to punish that annoying brat? /s

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Catscratch is pretty entertaining true but I can think of 3 reasons why it’s not talked about nearly as much

1) As far as I’m aware it’s not on Paramount Plus, not sure if it’s even been on any streaming services? So people aren’t coming around and finding it nowadays by happenstance unless they really get into Nicktoon history or something

2) The show only got 1 season, so there’s a good chance a lot of Nick fans just never saw it or those that did forgot about it over time

3) The creator turned out to be a colossal POS (same creator as Earthworm Jim unfortunately)

Which is odd, since they ranked 25th on the Mega Poll, showing that people do still remember and love the show despite not talking about it much.

catscratch.PNG

Throw in the Rabbids from TMNT Smash Up, have them fight the turtles a third timeView attachment 374175
It's not impossible, Rabbids Invasion DID air in Nick in the US!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I'm going to try to do a predictions too for the full roster and stage selection. I'm assuming there's no characters and stages cuts. I'm going with 10 new characters and stages, but to be fair I could see us having less. I'm sticking with the concept of the first each game with each stage being associated with a character, but I'm breaking the rule twice since the first game also break it with Shredder and Double dare.It's in spoiler because I mentioned leak:

-Jimmy Neutron and Jimmy's lab
-Squidward with either Krusty krab or Goo lagoon (I feel like Krusty krab makes too much sense, but since they skipped it for the first game maybe will also go with something else this time around? Also Goo lagoon would be a unique beach themed stages).
-Donatello and Legends of the hidden temple stage (similar to Shredder, I think we have enough TMNT stages so it's a good opportunity to represent a show that will have no characters)
-Raphael and a Jojo Siwa themed stages (like Dreamland from Kart racers)
-Vlad Plasmius and ??? (I honestly have no real idea for a Danny Phantom stages, maybe they'll do like Shredder and do something random? But with Danny Phantom only having 1 stage they could probably come up with something)
-Zuko and Fire nation stage
-Luan Loud and Loud castle (From the movie)
-Either Dagett or Angry beavers as a duo and The dam satge (Yeah, I know there's a strong case that could be made for them being separate but with only 10 newcomers on my prediction, and realistically we could have less than that, I don't see it happening. Either we're getting one or both as a duo, not both separately).
-El Tigre and Miracle city volcano
-Otis and barnyard stage

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So I'm going to try to do a predictions too for the full roster and stage selection. I'm assuming there's no characters and stages cuts. I'm going with 10 new characters and stages, but to be fair I could see us having less. I'm sticking with the concept of the first each game with each stage being associated with a character, but I'm breaking the rule twice since the first game also break it with Shredder and Double dare.It's in spoiler because I mentioned leak:

-Squidward with either Krusty krab or Goo lagoon (I feel like Krusty krab makes too much sense, but since they skipped it for the first game maybe will also go with something else this time around? Also Goo lagoon would be a unique beach themed stages).
-Donatello and Legends of the hidden temple stage (similar to Shredder, I think we have enough TMNT stages so it's a good opportunity to represent a show that will have no characters)
-Vlad Plasmius and ??? (I honestly have no real idea for a Danny Phantom stages, maybe they'll do like Shredder and do something random? But with Danny Phantom only having 1 stage they could probably come up with something)
-Either Dagett or Angry beavers as a duo and The dam satge (Yeah, I know there's a strong case that could be made for them being separate but with only 10 newcomers on my prediction, and realistically we could have less than that, I don't see it happening. Either we're getting one or both as a duo, not both separately).
-Otis and barnyard stage
Seems we agree on everything except Zuko instead of Mr. Krabs/another SpongeBob character

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

-Otis and barnyard stage
i'd either give the krusty krab to mr. krabs or even bikini bottom cemetery

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
How about the Krusty Krab comedy club? A little more of a specific reference, but not too specific as it was in two episodes, and gives the game something I feel it needs: a stage with an audience. Goes along well with SB's grounded down light too.
That's a cool idea! Represents the Krusty Krab well while adding some nice atmosphere and a unique setpiece to the stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
How about the Krusty Krab comedy club? A little more of a specific reference, but not too specific as it was in two episodes, and gives the game something I feel it needs: a stage with an audience. Goes along well with SB's grounded down light too.
It’s pretty neat but I’d prefer this as a Squidward stage I think

darkvortex

Smash Lord

-Otis and barnyard stage
Aside from the JoJo Swia stage this feels pretty possible. I'd probably give that spot to another game show stage, a KCA stage or something from a sitcom like the Icarly set or good burger.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
A stage I want to see is the Pinwheel foster house. Imagine if characters from the short film segments made cameos in the background or hazards.
Wait, no! I have something better: A kockásfülű nyúl for NASB2.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Aside from the JoJo Swia stage this feels pretty possible. I'd probably give that spot to another game show stage, a KCA stage or something from a sitcom like the Icarly set or good burger.
I think another game show stage is fair, but honestly I just don't think we'll see any content from live action sitcom like ICarly. It would be cool, but I'm just not really feeling it for a prediction.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we're talking stages from misc. shows, I'm surprised people don't bring up the idea of Nick Jr. just being repped with a stage and not a fighter - probably not gonna happen obviously, (if it could, I imagine we would've gotten a Jr. track in the Kart games by now) but there's a lot of fun locales in the block (the Blue's Clues house being the obvious example) and it wouldn't put off anyone who wouldn't want to see Shredder beat up Dora. In fact, we did entertain the idea of a Blue's Clues stage during the great Molly McGee Abraham Lincoln debacle, heh.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If we're talking stages from misc. shows, I'm surprised people don't bring up the idea of Nick Jr. just being repped with a stage and not a fighter - probably not gonna happen obviously, (if it could, I imagine we would've gotten a Jr. track in the Kart games by now) but there's a lot of fun locales in the block (the Blue's Clues house being the obvious example) and it wouldn't put off anyone who wouldn't want to see Shredder beat up Dora. In fact, we did entertain the idea of a Blue's Clues stage during the great Molly McGee Abraham Lincoln debacle, heh.
Nice reference in that last sentence

Anyways I think a Nick Jr stage would be really cool, it’d probably be a completely unique concept where you can mix together a bunch of IP’s rather than one set location if I had to guess

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
sorry for double posting but I thought of something based on the leaks that I thought could be something to consider regarding speculation

So we haven't really seemed to discuss or try to deduce who's in the deadspace on the parts of the boxart we haven't seen yet.

Here's a reminder of the mock-up:

1688488611083.png

so anyways it just occurred to me that there's no one on this cover that we've seen so far that's like, dominantly 90's Nicktoon
  • Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward are all here and technically 90's, but Spongebob isn't usually roped into the 90's Nicktoon merch and stuff, he's usually excluded despite premiering before Rocket Power, which usually is included. Plus like, Spongebob characters were gonna be on the boxart no matter what
  • Jimmy, Jenny and Vlad are definitely 2000's
  • Korra is 2010's
  • TMNT and Garfield both existed before 90's Nicktoons and were acquired by Nick

So it makes me wonder if the dead space yet to be seen on the box art may be hiding some 90's Nicktoons characters

It's not a guarantee of course but you have to admit it's definitely a noticeable omission based on what we've seen so far

Thoughts?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
sorry for double posting but I thought of something based on the leaks that I thought could be something to consider regarding speculation

So we haven't really seemed to discuss or try to deduce who's in the deadspace on the parts of the boxart we haven't seen yet.

View attachment 374294

so anyways it just occurred to me that there's no one on this cover that we've seen so far that's like, dominantly 90's Nicktoon
  • Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward are all here and technically 90's, but Spongebob isn't usually roped into the 90's Nicktoon merch and stuff, he's usually excluded despite premiering before Rocket Power, which usually is included. Plus like, Spongebob characters were gonna be on the boxart no matter what
  • Korra is 2010's
  • TMNT and Garfield both existed before 90's Nicktoons and were acquired by Nick

So it makes me wonder if the dead space yet to be seen on the box art may be hiding some 90's Nicktoons characters

It's not a guarantee of course but you have to admit it's definitely a noticeable omission based on what we've seen so far

Thoughts?
What I want to know is how they were only able to get two segments of the box art and not the entire thing.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

View attachment 374294

• Korra is 2010's

Thoughts?
If I had to guess, Lincoln and Ren & Stimpy are probably on the box art given they're arguably the biggest originally created Nick IPs besides Bob and Avatar. (and hell, you could argue R&S to be more well known than Avatar) Possibly CatDog given how big their silent fanbase is (seriously, look at the "most viewed" section on the NickRewind YouTube page - there's a LOT of CatDog on the upper echleons, probably the third most videos behind iCarly and Victorious) - then again, all 3 of those were MIA on NKR3's box art so maybe it's another "we just put together who we thought were most aesthetically pleasing" situation.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If I had to guess, Lincoln and Ren & Stimpy are probably on the box art given they're arguably the biggest originally created Nick IPs besides Bob and Avatar. (and hell, you could argue R&S to be more well known than Avatar) Possibly CatDog given how big their silent fanbase is (seriously, look at the "most viewed" section on the NickRewind YouTube page - there's a LOT of CatDog on the upper echleons, probably the third most videos behind iCarly and Victorious) - then again, all 3 of those were MIA on NKR3's box art so maybe it's another "we just put together who we thought were most aesthetically pleasing" situation.
Wouldn't doubt ZIM might be there too, given IZ's long standing cult following.

Top Bottom