• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I've kind of just been silently watching this thread for the past several days or so, but regarding the supposed El Tigre leak:

If it's fake: Damn, that's a pretty good fake!

If it's real: Neat! While I wouldn't call El Tigre one of my all-time favorite Nicktoons, I still recall enjoying the show a fair bit, and having a superhero like Tigre be in a fighting game roster makes sense. So, yeah, in terms of just the basic idea, I'm in!

Now to keep my fingers crossed that A. All the fighters from the first game come back, and B. Snap from Chalkzone has a chance!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I think my current prediction is

1. Raph
  2. Donnie
  3. Tigre
  4. Vlad
  5. Jimmy
  6. Squidward
  7. Odie
  8. Either Arnold or a Rugrat
  9. Otis
  10. Zuko
10 newcomers is kind of a lot, but since the last game launched with a rather ludicrous 20 characters I don't think it's impossible.
I’ll say it before anyone else does: those 20 characters also weren’t the best they could’ve been

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think any new series will likely be from the 2000s. Angry Beavers is the only new 90s series I see us getting (maybe Rocket Power by that's a weird half and half case anyway). 90s rep will mainly take the form of extra reps for existing series.

On the new series note I have a good feeling about Snap for no real reason

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In addition to the five that have been leaked so far, these are my predictions for the rest of the base roster. It'll be funny to see how well or poorly this ages. Gonna go with a 12 newcomer prediction.

6. Donatello
7. Zuko
8. Reggie Rocket
9. Odie
10. Kitty Catswell
11. Rudy or Snap
12. Either Mr. Krabs OR a Plankton + Karen tag team (if they want another villain)

Honorable mentions go out to Arnold and Dib Membrane. I think if any characters not on here get in, it would be them...or someone from The Loud House/The Casagrandes, but I didn't watch those shows because they're after my time lol.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I also think Kitty has a chance yeah. She was often mentioned on fake leaks or wishlists along with Jimmy, Vlad so I think there's some clear interest there

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Here's my shot at a roster prediction, not counting who we already got. Assuming we get, say, 12 newcomers in the base roster.

6. Zuko
7. Donatello
8. Angelica
9. Rocket Power character
10. Daggett
11. Otis
12. Snap

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's my shot at a roster prediction, not counting who we already got. Assuming we get, say, 12 newcomers in the base roster.

6. Zuko
7. Donatello
8. Angelica
9. Rocket Power character
10. Daggett
11. Otis
12. Snap
I'm not really expecting Angelica to get in due to her being too young to be playable, which was one of the reasons why I believe Reptar got in instead of any of the Rugrats kids themselves.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not really expecting Angelica to get in due to her being too young to be playable, which was one of the reasons why I believe Reptar got in instead of any of the Rugrats kids themselves.
Do you really need to bring this up every time a second Rugrats rep is even mentioned in passing?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB fans explaining how Garfield eating lasagna next to Tommy is comparable to a Mortal Kombat Fatality

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Okay, so my prediction(Besides all the veterans returning)
  1. Jimmy Neutron(...)
  2. Vlad Masters/Plasmius(Danny Phantom)
  3. Squidward Tentacles(Spongebob Squarepants)
  4. Raphael(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  5. Donatello(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  6. Zuko(Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  7. El Tigre(...)
  8. The Angry Beavers(...)(if it comes down to them as a duo it better be similar to Pyra and Mythra were they swap together with their own movesets).
  9. Otis(Barnyard)
  10. Either Kitty Katswell or a Chalkzone Rep

LimeTH

Smash Lord
They've been in Nick fighting games before, it really doesn't matter the way you think it does.

Pretty sure Reptar was picked because he's cool.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB fans explaining how Garfield eating lasagna next to Tommy is comparable to a Mortal Kombat Fatality
In fact this whole ordeal made me want to make this meme:
attacks in nasb.jpg
(and yes I said anyone under 13 instead of a Rugrat because I've seen it happen with characters that are just slightly older than them too)(I should've probably remembered Jimmy and Timmy are under 13)

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
When in doubt, speculate Rugrats eligibility for the 1000th time

They explicitly say in Lincoln’s character showcase in regards to Lily Loud:

“Looks like Lily’s itching to join the fun. Probably for the best she can’t.”

Not isn’t, not won’t, can’t.

I’ll admit I’ve probably underestimated Angelica’s chances of getting in (heck she’s actually in the games concept art) but the intent of that statement seems pretty obvious otherwise, as it wasn’t made about the other Loud House character cameos on that stage

Not gonna entertain this debate anymore. If it happens it happens but Super Brawl Universe has been the exception, not tradition. And tradition is that Rugrats don’t really show up in playable form in Action/Adventure Nicktoons games (and that’s not the same kind of tradition as “all 4 turtles are always playable”).

Edit: All this to say regardless whether we think Rugrats are eligible or not, I feel like they’ve already made their stance on it

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

I’ll admit I’ve probably underestimated Angelica’s chances of getting in (heck she’s actually in the games concept art) but the intent of that statement seems pretty obvious otherwise, as it wasn’t made about the other Loud House character cameos on that stage

Not gonna entertain this debate anymore. If it happens it happens but Super Brawl Universe has been the exception, not tradition. And tradition is that Rugrats don’t really show up in playable form in Action/Adventure Nicktoons games (and that’s not the same kind of tradition as “all 4 turtles are always playable”).

Edit: All this to say regardless whether we think Rugrats are eligible or not, I feel like they’ve already made their stance on it
Look, I really don't want to fan the flames of another Rugrats debate, but your smoking gun is a humourous quip from promo material??? Come on.

Ignore this

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I guess we aren't getting Raphael, Donatello, and/or Squidward, they wouldn't add characters just to "complete a group" after all

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One thing I will say about pattern arguments, in general, not just Rugrats-related issues, is that not only are the pre-MLB games from a very different time period for Nick and, of course, had different devs, but they also had next to no nostalgia content. Some 2000s-era cancelled shows here and there, especially going later into the Unite series, yes, but not much 90s aside from Stimpy, Rocko, and some assorted blue-tinted JPGs in Toybots, and by extreme technicality, Arnold and Otto in Freeze Frame Frenzy (both of whom's shows were still on at the time) - even the holdover shows like Thornberrys and CatDog got very minimal representation. Meanwhile, NASB is all about the nostalgia, regardless of it's leaning more towards 2000s or 90s, so circumstances are very different. In the case of Rugrats, the earliest crossover games (aside from Racing and 3D Movie Maker) were coming out around the point they wanted to promote AGU as the new "replacement" versions of the characters, and by the time they started having more than 4-to-5 shows in a single game, AGU was off the air too.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
When asking for Tommy and the like, I always gotta ask the same question: what are they gonna do? Throw ****-filled diapers at people? It's bad enough one character already does that. I guess they could attack with toys but that's already been done, and unless it's a tou that's unique I don't see a point in doing it in the first place. Like, we already have people with sports equipment and plushies, the ball is already an item, Reptar is literally a character and 90% of the toys in Rugrats are themed after him as is. What unique can Tommy or another Rugrats bring to the table?

As for Angelica, do we need another bully archetype when we already have Helga who's infinitely more interesting? Reptar is the only representation Rugrats needs imo, at least character wise. Another stage would be more than warranted though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've been thinking - Slap City doesn't have assigned character home stages, I wonder if NASB 2, with its presumed bigger budget, will have more stages than fighters? Mostly bringing this up because a lot of Slap City's stages use recycled assets from story mode (or maybe it's the other way around lmao)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Here's who I'm expecting for the base roster besides who we already know are here:
  • Zuko (will be genuinely surprised if he's not here, in base game or DLC)
  • Timmy (still not convinced this is as impossible as people are assuming)
  • Donatello (say what you will about the funny turtles and visual variety, but it'll be Hell on Earth if the other turtles are here and he isn't)
  • Otis (popular request with funny meme appeal and matches the overall vibe of the game better than practically anyone else)
  • One or both of the Angry Beavers (which one? idk lol)
  • Maybe Mr. Krabs? (depends if they wanna double up on SpongeBob reps)
DLC for this game's gonna be where things get interesting since we're getting a lot of "obligatory" picks and obvious frontrunners out of the way in base. Folks like Snap I think will stand a really good chance for DLC. For non-age-related reasons, I am explicitly predicting no Rugrats reps, in base or DLC. We'll see what happens.

As far as character reworks, I'd really like to see Ren & Stimpy get some touchups. I remember a lot of their animations being really janky and most of their moves feeling undertuned and not great to use. Other than that, I'd love to see SpongeBob's Down Special get changed. It's kind of a lame reference and I've never been able to find a use for it. I actually really hope Aang doesn't get reworked; I get where people are coming from with that idea, but my god rushdown Aang is such dumb fun and I'd miss his moveset so much.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Really I just want Tommy or Angelica just to end the arguments over anything else. Because people will keep arguing about whether or not it's too violent to have April O'Neil take pictures of a baby until it happens, let's face it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Really I just want Tommy or Angelica just to end the arguments over anything else. Because people will keep arguing about whether or not it's too violent to have April O'Neil take pictures of a baby until it happens, let's face it.
Also it's not like the baby isn't going to be wholly capable of fighting back in turn.

You people really want to deny us the hilarity of watching Tommy Pickles kick the **** out of the Shredder?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Imagine if Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks were included but there was a contractual obligation to have him exclusively referred to as Alvinnn!!! in all material surrounding him, including his character select portrait and the reveal splash screen, as cross-promotion for the acquired animated series Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Imagine if Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks were included but there was a contractual obligation to have him exclusively referred to as Alvinnn!!! in all material surrounding him, including his character select portrait and the reveal splash screen, as cross-promotion for the acquired animated series Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks
The announcer voice lines would be godly.

Anyway, I don't really think "no moveset potential" is really an issue for this game, given that its movesets focus less on characters' powers or abilities and more on their memorable gags and personality traits.

"Helga is also a bully" and "Lincoln also plays with toys" seem like non-issues to me, those are both very standard kids cartoon tropes, and we already have two argumentative dog-cat duos and two goofy dads, which - while also common tropes - are way more specific. At that point you may as well have only 2 2000s characters like base game given that almost all the 2000s Nicktoons have practically the same premise (imaginative, well-meaning but often selfish child with a secret double life of unlimited power yet major responsibility)

Last edited:
Top Bottom