• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It could also be a hint for Lisa Loud, especially considering that both Dexter's Lab and the Loud House featured Chris Savino as a part of their production teams.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Need I remind y'all of the random capital L tweet? Y'know, the one people here spread like wildfire insisting it had to be a hint toward a Loud sister or something only for it to be a mistake/red herring that had nothing to do with the reveal itself?
I REALLY doubt this "Back to the lab again" thing constitutes anything more than maybe a cheeky reference to a Smash streamer's recent goof-up. Ludosity/GameMill haven't done hints in the past and I don't know why they'd start with such an incredibly obvious one.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Did GimR do something lately? Because this not being a Jimbo hint would make more sense then.
I think it's

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It could also be a hint for Lisa Loud, especially considering that both Dexter's Lab and the Loud House featured Chris Savino as a part of their production teams.
Lisa's resemblance to Dexter definitely adds to it. Still, it's probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They'll get over it quickly if she's cool and fun to play as, like what happened with Byleth in Smash Ultimate.
Smash is big enough to get away with anything. NASB needs at least the Big Four before it continues experimenting with unusual character picks.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Sorry, dude, but I have to agree with the others here; having Lisa (or any of the other Louds) be the first proper DLC character would be a pretty bad idea.

With Smash 4 and Ultimate, their respective starting DLC characters (Mewtwo and Joker) were either highly-requested or very popular, and I feel All-Star Brawl should probably do something similar, and I feel Jimmy fits both those criteria.

I'm pretty sure they're going to start on a "safe" nostalgic foot, one way or another. Though I also could see them teasing or even announcing beyond that if this game does use a Season Pass format; most fighting games don't do the "We reveal every character, one at a time, within weeks of release" thing Smash DLC did.
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if there'll be at least two characters released at once for each Season (since I honestly can't see the game profiting off the one-at-a-time thing Smash Ultimate did), and considering what I pointed out earlier with the "lab" thing, and this might be a bit of a long-shot, but it'd be crazy if Jimmy and Jenny were the first two DLC fighters.

Probably not gonna happen that way, but a guy can dream.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sorry, dude, but I have to agree with the others here; having Lisa (or any of the other Louds) be the first proper DLC character would be a pretty bad idea.

With Smash 4 and Ultimate, their respective starting DLC characters (Mewtwo and Joker) were either highly-requested or very popular, and I feel All-Star Brawl should probably do something similar, and I feel Jimmy fits both those criteria.
Has any fighting game ever started out its DLC with something like...adding another Loud sister when NASB has a vocal hatedom who loves to **** on the game for things such as its lack of the -immies?

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Here's a new angle I've been meaning to bring up for a while regarding speculation:

I think Jimmy is more likely to come before Rocko, Jenny and Timmy, and I say this for one good reason: dev time.

Think about Rocko's Modern Life and My Life as a Teenage Robot for a second. Rocko tends to be pretty expressive, to the point of having bizarre visuals such as those seen below:

View attachment 344272

it's probably safe to assume that Ren & Stimpy took more dev time than most fighters right? And part of that had to do with the fact that they were very very expressive. I feel like the same logic would apply to Rocko, and thus, I feel like he'd be a character that would take a bit longer to work on

I think the same logic applies to Jenny and Timmy, but instead of in how expressive they are, it applies to their potential movesets. Jenny can essentially morph her body to do just about anything, which likely means a lot of appendages assets would need to be created for such a character, not to mention her distinct artstyle. And the same goes for Timmy I feel, only I can't imagine him working without a bunch of new assets needing to be created for his moveset. And, while I don't really like bringing this up, we don't really know the situation with Frederator/Nelvana/Whatever either, which in Jenny and Timmy's case could delay them a bit

So that leaves Jimmy. Not only did he just recently get a complete series DVD release, not only is he one of the only series repped in that online crossover series absent in NickBrawl, not only is he and Rocko the only not yet repped series in the voiceline clip files, not only would he not be as hard to literally create compared to the previous three mentioned, and not only is he debatably the most requested character for the game, but Ludosity and Gamemill almost certainly know people want Jimmy both for peoples requests for him and the large amount of requests for Hugh as well

In conclusion, I think it's a safe bet that Jimmy will be the next DLC character just based on a multitude of factors
As far as predictions go I’m sticking to this

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Smash is big enough to get away with anything. NASB needs at least the Big Four before it continues experimenting with unusual character picks.
That and Byleth's stigma never really wore off anyway.

But yeah, as much as I love Lisa she wouldn't be a good way to start things off.
All bets are currently on Jimmy or Rocko.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I REALLY doubt this "Back to the lab again" thing constitutes anything more than maybe a cheeky reference to a Smash streamer's recent goof-up. Ludosity/GameMill haven't done hints in the past and I don't know why they'd start with such an incredibly obvious one.
It's kinda weird they'd reference something that specific on their Twitter account. Like, Smash and NASB are two completely different communities. Obviously some people would't understand the reference and think it's a hint.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And it's not like they've done hints before. They hinted at Shredder by posting a picture of the CSS that showed P1, P2, and P3 selected the three TMNT reps in the game at that point (Leo, Mikey, and April) and the P4 spot being blank.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
It's kinda weird they'd reference something that specific on their Twitter account. Like, Smash and NASB are two completely different communities. Obviously some people would't understand the reference and think it's a hint.
GimR's pretty well known in the platform fighting scene as a lab monster. Considering these devs are coming from the Smash community themselves, it's not too far-fetched especially considering he's been in the news recently.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
And it's not like they've done hints before. They hinted at Shredder by posting a picture of the CSS that showed P1, P2, and P3 selected the three TMNT reps in the game at that point (Leo, Mikey, and April) and the P4 spot being blank.
Plus, didn't Rep comment with a quote from Garfield before he got revealed?

Not to mention, he commented on this announcement tweet remarking that this would be the kind of tweet he'd put out.

As far as predictions go I’m sticking to this
So since it was brought up in the tweet you're quoting, can I get a refresher on what exactly Timmy's legal situation is and how that might affect his chances? Because I've heard conflicting ideas with some saying it would greatly affect his chances and others saying it wouldn't.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Plus, didn't Rep comment with a quote from Garfield before he got revealed?

Not to mention, he commented on this announcement tweet remarking that this would be the kind of tweet he'd put out.

So since it was brought up in the tweet you're quoting, can I get a refresher on what exactly Timmy's legal situation is and how that might affect his chances? Because I've heard conflicting ideas with some saying it would greatly affect his chances and others saying it wouldn't.
Fairly OddParents is distributed outside of America by Nelvana (and has even been broadcast on Cartoon Network and Disney Channel in certain countries), they'd need to contact Nelvana to release his DLC outside of America is what I gather.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't have anything against Loud House, but I agree, they really shouldn't start there. That would get a negative reaction since Loud House is not all that popular with the game's target audience, which would doom the DLC's overall sales.

If "lab" is indeed a hint, it's absolutely hinting at Jimmy Neutron.
The TLH hate is vastly overblown. If it was that unpopular it would have been shipped off to Nicktoons and died after its second season, and we would have never gotten the Casagrandes, The Loud House Movie, or A Loud House Christmas. It's telling that it's the only post-2005 show repped on the roster.

D

Deleted member

Definitely think a LH character is possible but they won't start with it. Any time you saw a reaction video the loud House character where usually met with a "who?" If they want to get a general audience back they need a rocko/timmy/jimmy. A LH character is definitely possible for later on though

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The TLH hate is vastly overblown. If it was that unpopular it would have been shipped off to Nicktoons and died after its second season, and we would have never gotten the Casagrandes, The Loud House Movie, or A Loud House Christmas. It's telling that it's the only post-2005 show repped on the roster.
why is that giving me fire emblem in smash vibes?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not saying the Loud House is unpopular, but this is a game that is trying to appeal to older Nick fans more than the current-day Nick audience, and TLH - while it does have an adult/teen fandom, as all kids shows will - doesn't really have the multi-generational appeal something like SpongeBob had when it debuted. There will absolutely be more TLH positivity when the show's audience grows to become nostalgic, but now's not the time

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not saying the Loud House is unpopular, but this is a game that is trying to appeal to older Nick fans more than the current-day Nick audience, and TLH - while it does have an adult/teen fandom, as all kids shows will - doesn't really have the multi-generational appeal something like SpongeBob had when it debuted. There will absolutely be more TLH positivity when the show's audience grows to become nostalgic, but now's not the time
Also, you need to keep in mind that Ludosity had to fight with Nick just to have a Loud sister in the first place. If Lucy required it despite TLH's popularity and her inclusion in Kart Racers 2, who's to say another Loud sister will be any easier?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, you need to keep in mind that Ludosity had to fight with Nick just to have a Loud sister in the first place. If Lucy required it despite TLH's popularity and her inclusion in Kart Racers 2, who's to say another Loud sister will be any easier?
The exact reason why the devs had to fight for Lucy is currently unknown. We can only speculate.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The exact reason why the devs had to fight for Lucy is currently unknown. We can only speculate.
I swear you've posted this exact same message before, either ITT or on the Discord.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I swear you've posted this exact same message before, either ITT or on the Discord.
But it's the truth. They never disclosed the reason why they had to fight for these characters. And it might not be that Nick only wanted Lincoln to rep TLH.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I don't think the first DLC character should be a Loud House character. Not because of the fact that I don't like the show/characters, but because I think we should have a character from a show that hasn't been represented yet. Some Nick fans straight up don't play the game because their favorite show doesn't have any representation. They should go for those kind of characters first instead of adding characters from a franchise that already has 2 or more characters.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
But it's the truth. They never disclosed the reason why they had to fight for these characters. And it might not be that Nick only wanted Lincoln to rep TLH.
The fact they had to fight for Lucy speaks enough since they didn't have to fight for 4 TMNT reps or Garf in any capacity lol.

Loud House would be a god awful start for DLC. You need GOOD first impressions not dumb divisive picks.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Looks like most of the community has accepted that the reason why Ludosity had to fight for Lucy is because Nick just wanted Lincoln to rep TLH.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Looks like most of the community has accepted that the reason why Ludosity had to fight for Lucy is because Nick just wanted Lincoln to rep TLH.
You know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, right? Especially when there are tons of other things going against further TLH rep in DLC, especially this early.

Top Bottom