• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not exactly info, but this is super good to hear

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...Um, pardon my asking, but can someone elaborate on what Rep's talking about here with intervals and stuff?
It's a lot of internal politics jargon, but basically Nick has no internal gameplan for this game post-launch and they just aren't releasing the patch for whatever reason even though it's apparently been finished for weeks.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
...Um, pardon my asking, but can someone elaborate on what Rep's talking about here with intervals and stuff?
In a well-managed project, there would be consistent deadlines for each patch so that your team can decide how much stuff they should realistically try to put in each patch and how hard they should work on it.

If it is random, you tend to either work too hard and realize that there was more time than you anticipated, such that your crunching was wasted and that you could've worked at a more reasonable pace (which is what happened here,), or, you work too slowly and then find out that the deadline is super close, and so you have to crunch super hard.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's a lot of internal politics jargon, but basically Nick has no internal gameplan for this game post-launch and they just aren't releasing the patch for whatever reason even though it's apparently been finished for weeks.
Isn't Nintendo the problem here, with how long it takes for them to approve game patches?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Isn't Nintendo the problem here, with how long it takes for them to approve game patches?
If that were true, we'd at least have the patch on PC by now. The issue here is specifically with internal deadlines, which aren't being set or communicated adequately to the NASB team.

Last edited:
Because SFVCE and MKXL still got unique promo/cover art.

In my theory, if NASB were to do the same thing, it should enforce the fact that items and the Big Four are now in, to attract new customers.
**** no. NASB is not in a similar caliber as those fighters. It would not get away with that after charging a $50 game only to shoehorn another with a few changes and additions. It's already common knowledge that this game costed 50, just add stuff in over time.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
They don't have to use the same words as Smash. Besides, couldn't "to the lab" mean Jimmy?
The little teaser messages they have along with these announcements never have anything to do with the character that gets revealed. If it is Jimmy, it'll be pure coincidence.
My money's on either Jenny or Rocko. Let's do this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rocko is still my current bet for the first character. I think Timmy's gonna be held out on for a bit

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just so everyone knows, “Back to the lab” is referring to GimR (the Smash player known for running Videogamebootcamp) and when he was supposed to show a new tech he found for Smash Ultimate a day ago but failed but he’s showing it again today.
IIRC GimR's quote was itself reference to the Dexter's Lab music video - not really relevant though.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Woo, new character news!

Gotta be honest, when I first read that line, I immediately thought of the song related to Dexter's Lab, but of course that wouldn't make sense for a Nickelodeon game, so maybe we're gonna get Jimmy as one of the first DLC characters.

amageish

Smash Master
View attachment 351884
Okay this definitely screams new character.
Oooooo! This is exciting. I wonder if it'll be a Season Pass format or individual DLC or what-have-you...

Hopefully this doesn't leak beforehand and they get a true reveal out of this, as if they're announcing paid DLC... it's always possible something goes up for pre-order somewhere early and it gets spoiled.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oooooo! This is exciting. I wonder if it'll be a Season Pass format or individual DLC or what-have-you...

Hopefully this doesn't leak beforehand and they get a true reveal out of this, as if they're announcing paid DLC... it's always possible something goes up for pre-order somewhere early and it gets spoiled.
Let's Hope it doesn't happen, and if it does...well i'll be keeping myself away from checking it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
In the meantime though, place yer bets. Who do you think it's gonna be?

The specific GimR/Dexter's Lab reference makes me think of Jimmy Neutron, but for some reason I feel like they'd want to start with Rocko. My guess is either of those two.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Considering the reference to a "lab", I'm gonna guess either Jimmy Neutron or Jenny Wakeman (she's a robot whose mom has a lab).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering the reference to a "lab", I'm gonna guess either Jimmy Neutron or Jenny Wakeman (she's a robot whose mom has a lab).
It's totally an indication of Bill, the Lab Guy.

Wanted The Flesh or Meltman? Or a Nick character you actually recognized? There's nothing I can do.

Top Bottom