• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Rep's made some comments alluding to cut content (maybe coming later?), which is likely reflected by the datamined stuff... I'll toss it in a spoiler tag.

View attachment 336781
View attachment 336782
View attachment 336783
View attachment 336784
View attachment 336785
View attachment 336786

I am guessing that he's referring to items here, as there was a full set of them datamined including some models. I could see Nick having problems with them playing too loose with some of the iconic items from the franchises...

I could see them having a "No! Only Squidward is allowed to play Squidward's Clarinet! Don't use that item!" moment... kind of defeats the point of a crossover game if you don't let them cross over fully, but eh. There's sure to be weirder restrictions out there...

Someone did acknowledge that they think they knew what was cut and Rep just responded by acknowledging the simple truth...
View attachment 336787
(I made the meme; he actually just sent the emote related to it.)
Kinda Stinks for this fact, Some of the items listed on here almost feels like they would work as stand-alone items to use for every character, though it does seem pretty smart to give them to the fighters of their respective universe since it brings some creativity for their moveset(I Wonder if Rocko will get the Suck-O-Matic when he shows up).

If items are the [REDACTED] pieces of content being added in, then they might still use some of the items that either aren't with the character(Sandy's Rocket) or would work on their own(Krabby Patty) with some new items they could include, maybe even the other ones(Except Bahduce) not included in the datamine picture here.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Rep's made some comments alluding to cut content (maybe coming later?), which is likely reflected by the datamined stuff... I'll toss it in a spoiler tag.

View attachment 336781
View attachment 336782
View attachment 336783
View attachment 336784
View attachment 336785
View attachment 336786

I am guessing that he's referring to items here, as there was a full set of them datamined including some models. I could see Nick having problems with them playing too loose with some of the iconic items from the franchises...

I could see them having a "No! Only Squidward is allowed to play Squidward's Clarinet! Don't use that item!" moment... kind of defeats the point of a crossover game if you don't let them cross over fully, but eh. There's sure to be weirder restrictions out there...

Someone did acknowledge that they think they knew what was cut and Rep just responded by acknowledging the simple truth...
View attachment 336787
All this potential insight and information and all I can do is laugh my ass of about Garfeldi

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kinda Stinks for this fact, Some of the items listed on here almost feels like they would work as stand-alone items to use for every character, though it does seem pretty smart to give them to the fighters of their respective universe since it brings some creativity for their moveset(I Wonder if Rocko will get the Suck-O-Matic when he shows up).

If items are the [REDACTED] pieces of content being added in, then they might still use some of the items that either aren't with the character(Sandy's Rocket) or would work on their own(Krabby Patty) with some new items they could include, maybe even the other ones(Except Bahduce) not included in the datamine picture here.
I can see them use the pie bomb and krabby patty if they can't get anything else from SB, at the absolute minimum.

I just wish the game would get some sort of new content by next year...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1.0.3. Patch is out:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1.0.3. Patch is out:

Seems the update we got for Switch was 1.0.3 too.

EDIT: Nope, checked the CSS

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

View attachment 336781
View attachment 336782
View attachment 336783
View attachment 336784
View attachment 336785
View attachment 336786

View attachment 336787
I hope the "keep it on-brand" stuff was a legal thing and not just a creative one.
I hate it when companies stifle their developers and artists over things the average consumer isn't going to care about.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I guess Nick must've wanted Reptar from Reptar, not Reptar from Rugrats
...while still letting his home stage be a location more relevant to the babies than Reptar. Guess Nick didn't really care what the stages were as long as they were from Nick shows.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can kinda imagine both blasts being green milk with cereal flying out of it it, and the explosion of the mega-blast being a giant cereal piece.

I guess Nick must've wanted Reptar from Reptar, not Reptar from Rugrats if that makes sense. Not a call I agree with, but at least one I can understand.
...while still letting his home stage be a location more relevant to the babies than Reptar. Guess Nick didn't really care what the stages were as long as they were from Nick shows.
I really do wonder if we're going to ever find out why the babies aren't in here, some day. Even if it's something as simple as the staff forgetting about them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I really do wonder if we're going to ever find out why the babies aren't in here, some day. Even if it's something as simple as the staff forgetting about them.
What we really oughta wonder is why the title screen credits Klasky-Csupo for creating Rugrats, but not the other KC Nicktoons. Is it something to do with the reboot, and how KC itself was somewhat rebooted several years ago and the "new" KC never touched The Wild Thornberrys and Aaahh! Real Monsters?

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
View attachment 336875
Garfield grabs Ren & Stimpy on Powdered Toast Trouble (2022) (Colorized)
There's a Devil May Cry anime coming soon and they actually specified that Chris Pratt wasn't going to be in it.

Kinda funny that he would have fit in better there than his other recent VA roles
ezgif-7-40bdbe83430c.gif
FrankAptKingsnake-max-1mb.gif

amageish

Smash Master
Well, uh, apparently it works as a sort of item virus? Some mods make items turn on and once they're on they will randomly spawn in all matches you play (minus ones done online in Competitive mode)... and if you play it with someone who also has items on online, then the items will turn on for you too.

Anyway, uh, here's Rep being confused!

1636486871501.png

1636486890323.png

1636486923781.png

1636486948503.png

1636486995453.png

1636486968702.png

He also notes that this isn't planned for release in the near future, though doesn't say if they're never coming back or not.

1636486746608.png

1636487077494.png

So, uh, yeah, that's awkward! I imagine this is an unfun day to be a Ludosity or Fair Play Labs employee, especially if the reason that the items were cut was because Nick didn't like their branding...

Attachments

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I just wonder if items are part of the plan for eventual additions to the game.
They might be if they can make the items according to Nick's requirements, I suppose. But it might not be a priority for them at this point when they've got other matters to tend to.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Why is the online for the switch version so god awful, it's actually somehow worse than smash ultimate, and that's saying a lot

It's definitely not my connection as I got full green bars when playing, yet it's lagging and delayed so much that I end up dying from it

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Why is the online for the switch version so god awful, it's actually somehow worse than smash ultimate, and that's saying a lot

It's definitely not my connection as I got full green bars when playing, yet it's lagging and delayed so much that I end up dying from it
The Online wasn't awful for me when i first played it, the only negative i got was being thrown into the hands of a dirty player.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace

Then it's not you it's your opponents. You can have all the green bars in the world but if they have none then you get a cruddy experience. Rollback isn't a cure all. It's merely the best solution possible at the moment. Nothing can fix bad internet, especially those who Wi-Fi over using a $10 LAN adaptor.

Most my matches are perfectly playable but now and then I still get a stutterfest. The problem is Switch being owned by so many younger folk who don't know or care about LAN adaptors or people, in general, who don't have a good set up for accessing their router directly for their devices. Most put it in a widely accessible spot in the house but no where near the TV/game system/PC they use regularly. Meanwhile, troglodites like myself who rarely leave their room besides food, bathroom, showers, work, a few errands and meager socialization with my room mates I have my router right beside my PC and systems with everything hard wired in.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Patrick got some good buffs, but Toph and Korra will have to wait.
If I understand the patch notes Korra got fixed at the very least as they said they fixed hurtboxes to be more in line with their models. So one, if not her biggest weakness of being far 'bigger' than she needed to be is alleviated. But otherwise her kit untouched and overall probably still crappy. XD

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I was up looking at All Star Brawl reddit posts and I came across this one:

I never seen the ultimate and nasb renders put side by side till now. Most of NASB's renders are definitely of high quality.

If I sent this to my past self a year ago, I would've almost believed it.
I need one of Bowser/Yoshi vs Reptar and my life is complete

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If I understand the patch notes Korra got fixed at the very least as they said they fixed hurtboxes to be more in line with their models. So one, if not her biggest weakness of being far 'bigger' than she needed to be is alleviated. But otherwise her kit untouched and overall probably still crappy. XD
First, her show isn't as beloved as the original, now this. Korra has it rough.

Top Bottom