• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
Anyway, this was announced last week, but I missed it...

Square Enix is working on an Avatar... mobile game! Well, uh, hopefully it ends up better then a lot of the previous mobile game offerings from Nick and Square Enix. This is part of a new London-based mobile game studio by Square...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

New character soon. 👀

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

New character soon. 👀
I'm gonna guess [REDACTED] refers to alts, since the mods confirmed on the Discord a while back that they would apparently be coming "very soon". Fairly excited for that.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Some other interesting news

I mentioned before but Viacom has been pretty interested in the Alvin and the Chipmunks IP since they had that new show plus reruns of the classic show, so it's likely that Viacom will buy the rights.

I did say I wanted Alvin and the other chipmunks in the game so, here's the chance for that to happen I suppose lol

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I mentioned before but Viacom has been pretty interested in the Alvin and the Chipmunks IP since they had that new show plus reruns of the classic show, so it's likely that Viacom will buy the rights.

I did say I wanted Alvin and the other chipmunks in the game so, here's the chance for that to happen I suppose lol
Yeah Viacom's buying the Chipmunks.
And if Alvin and/or the Chipmunks show up in this game, I don't think I'll know how to feel.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind seeing Alvin & The Chipmunks in this game, But My Brother Would Be Angry if They Did Cause He REALLY Doesn't Like Them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have no clue why they'd need to censor the fact that alts are coming even though they told us about that being addressed before they even got leaked, but okay.

As far as I see, it's a "Bethesda owned by Microsoft" sort of deal. As in, I wouldn't hold my breath on these guys showing up in NASB's near future depending on the timing of the eventual buyout, but maybe much much later down the road several years later.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

New character soon. 👀
View attachment 336574

We're also only a few days away from 1.0.2 on Switch!

I'm unsure what the [REDACTED] is on 1.0.4. It could be a character (or characters), the alternate colours/costumes, or maybe even both? Who knows what they're prioritizing!
Oh finally!

Here's hoping [REDACTED] is something good. I don't think it's Garfield just yet but the meme potential alone would probably boost the numbers back up.

Dave, how could you?!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I have no clue why they'd need to censor the fact that alts are coming even though they told us about that being addressed before they even got leaked, but okay.

As far as I see, it's a "Bethesda owned by Microsoft" sort of deal. As in, I wouldn't hold my breath on these guys showing up in NASB's near future depending on the timing of the eventual buyout, but maybe much much later down the road several years later.
I don't think it would be that long before they would be added, probably just a little over a year I'd say if the deal happened, 2 years tops

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Reminder the person who voiced Lincoln from Loud House is the same voice actor for Doomsday from Teens Titan Go.

I'm not making this up, they both have the same actor who voiced them.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Reminder the person who voiced Lincoln from Loud House is the same voice actor for Doomsday from Teens Titan Go.

I'm not making this up, they both have the same actor who voiced them.
Hearing that fact about Go's Version of Doomsday is...Bizarre. Also, What's Happen to Lincoln in your profile? did the Glitch Monster from Pibby eat him?
Looks like Portal Chase is back.
View attachment 336618
(Not mine, I found it while on a Discord server.)
Staring at the kid in the left
Who the f*** are you?

amageish

Smash Master
So, this has been implied a lot, but I think this is the first time I've seen Rep 100% directly acknowledge that Ludosity had wanted the game delayed, but publishing/network issues made that impossible.

1635982849175.png

1635982868568.png

This... makes a lot of sense. I mean, it's obvious the game needs polishing and, while I really enjoy playing it, this does feel much more like an Early Access product then a complete game.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hearing that fact about Go's Version of Doomsday is...Bizarre. Also, What's Happen to Lincoln in your profile? did the Glitch Monster from Pibby eat him?

Staring at the kid in the left
Who the f*** are you?
The kid I think is from Henry Danger.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The kid I think is from Henry Danger.
I Don't Think It's Him, The Clothing isn't the Kid Danger Suit or Henry is in his normal attire? it's confusing. There's also the one kid on the right i just realized so they might be avatars for this game.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Cool news. Been busy yesterday with some dental appointment and its seems like I missed some interesting news. A new patch coming, updates for switch and even potential new IPs for the game. So much happened and people say news are slow! :shiro:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Gonna join this thread because I like Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl and want it to succeed. With the possible acquisition of Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise by Viacom, I can imagine a stage where the Chipmunks or Chipettes sing on stage in the background kinda like K.K. Slider on Smashville.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, this has been implied a lot, but I think this is the first time I've seen Rep 100% directly acknowledge that Ludosity had wanted the game delayed, but publishing/network issues made that impossible.

View attachment 336654
View attachment 336655

This... makes a lot of sense. I mean, it's obvious the game needs polishing and, while I really enjoy playing it, this does feel much more like an Early Access product then a complete game.
Once again, it goes to show just how much pixel-based games have it easier nowadays. Even Paprium, with its constant delays eventually resulting in a Kickstarter campaign so that it can actually be properly finished and get the developers out of debt.

Really though, DotEmu and Tribute Games making Shredder's Revenge a 16-bit game turned out to be an insanely brilliant move besides the homage aspect, given these circumstances.

It does make one wonder just how The Cosmic Shake is going to fare. 🤔

amageish

Smash Master
Two things:
1) The patch is out now on Switch, everyone! Woo-hoo!
2) I almost don't want to point this out as I'm sure someone somewhere will use it as ammo for their "Nintendo is purposefully trying to sabatoge Nick All-Star Brawl" conspiracy board, but look what turned up in Nintendo's financial report!
1636051311533.png

I personally kind of doubt that the SpongeBob platform fighter is going to get people to buy Switches, but, hey, it's cool to see it there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Two things:
1) The patch is out now on Switch, everyone! Woo-hoo!
2) I almost don't want to point this out as I'm sure someone somewhere will use it as ammo for their "Nintendo is purposefully trying to sabatoge Nick All-Star Brawl" conspiracy board, but look what turned up in Nintendo's financial report!
View attachment 336699

I personally kind of doubt that the SpongeBob platform fighter is going to get people to buy Switches, but, hey, it's cool to see it there.
Multi-platform games that show up on Switch typically have more buyers than other versions, so it makes sense. Even games that only are otherwise released on PC like Panzer Paladin get this.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So after looking over the patch notes again, I have a quick question: what's the difference between a hitbox and a hurtbox?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
So after looking over the patch notes again, I have a quick question: what's the difference between a hitbox and a hurtbox?
Hitboxes are the visual area where attacks (or grabs) make contact with other objects like fighters. Hurtboxes are the area where characters take hits, basically their entire body.

There is hitbox visualization in the training mode for NASB. Hitboxes are red, hurtboxes are yellow, grabs are pink, I-frames are blue. There is a purple hurtbox on Strong attacks which I believe are for the RPS mechanic.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
To be honest, I'm not really expecting any of the Chipmunks being in the cards right now, especially since according to that tweet, the Chipmunks haven't actually been bought up yet.
Well i know they haven't been bought up yet, i was just speculating that Viacom will most likely buy them, and then they would be in the cards after that should it happen.

obviously right now nothing has happened so they aren't a possibility yet, but it does seem like Viacom is more than likely gonna buy the IP since they have already made a few deals with the current owners as of late to get that new show a while back and also reruns of the classic series. Only other company that may be interested is Disney since they own all the live action movies after the fox acquisition, but considering they didn't bother trying to pursue Garfield either despite owning the live action movies now, i'd assume they wont bother with Alvin and the Chipmunks either.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I began playing Nick All-Star Brawl Again, It's been a while since i've tried it as the rest of my gaming october was with Dead by Daylight(Mikeala Reid)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Rep's made some comments alluding to cut content (maybe coming later?), which is likely reflected by the datamined stuff... I'll toss it in a spoiler tag.

1636082394746.png

1636082472745.png

1636082500312.png

1636082520617.png

1636082538452.png

1636082571663.png

I am guessing that he's referring to items here, as there was a full set of them datamined including some models. I could see Nick having problems with them playing too loose with some of the iconic items from the franchises...

I could see them having a "No! Only Squidward is allowed to play Squidward's Clarinet! Don't use that item!" moment... kind of defeats the point of a crossover game if you don't let them cross over fully, but eh. There's sure to be weirder restrictions out there...

Someone did acknowledge that they think they knew what was cut and Rep just responded by acknowledging the simple truth...
1636082787117.png

(I made the meme; he actually just sent the emote related to it.)

Top Bottom