• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Oh my GOD Glove World's music is depressing. Like I know we heard it already in Sandy's showcase, but holy ****, hearing this without any sound effects or narration over it makes me feel like a clown on anesthesia.
Yeah it feels like it should be the first part of a song that actually..... starts at some point. Right now it's actually kind of unsettling lol

A lot of the themes slap tho

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, having listened to every stage theme let me give a quick top 7.

7. The Loud House
6. The Flying Dutchman's Ship
5. Ghost Zone
4. Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch
3. Space Madness
2. The Dump
1. Harmonic Convergence

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Zim's is good, but it takes too long to get to the good part, would've rather had it open with alarm noises and a more intensive beat like the theme song

The Zim and Danny themes are already good, but they would slap even harder if they incorporated the theme songs, imagine the remix you could make out of this:

They did a good job with the Loud House remix after all. I feel like they could also do something really cool with Catdog potentially.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

7. The Loud House
5. Ghost Zone
3. Space Madness
2. The Dump
1. Harmonic Convergence
I am glad to see that te Dump is in the top 3. I love what they did there.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

7. The Loud House
5. Ghost Zone
3. Space Madness
2. The Dump
1. Harmonic Convergence
Royal Woods Cemetery isn't on your list
How dare you.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some more thoughts

1. Oblina is a PITA (Pain in the aahrealmonsters) - fastest character to my knowledge
  2. Menus are beautiful but clunky - for some reason the Ready to Fight bar from SSBU is back and worse than before...
  3. Sports Ball is a bit hard to figure out, but is probably extremely fun once you know how to get the ball where you want it. You can select different balls including Tommy's ball, a Plankton-themed ball, a yarn ball (is this from any show?), and an American football with a cute Arnold cap. Each has unique qualities, but there is no randomise upon respawn or multiball.
  4. Wavedashing is extremely easy, though actually using it is still pretty advanced.
  5. Fast as hell, playing is like a Frosty Freezy Freeze-fuelled adrenaline rush. A fast attack in Smash is a slow attack here
  6. Patrick is bad even on a casual level, do not play Patrick.
  7. No hints on how to unlock new PFPs and gallery images
  8. No alts nor unlockable moves
  9. Eliza, Arnold, the babies, and the remaining two monsters don't appear in any form (at least judging from the PFPs I've unlocked) - though Donnie and Raph appear in a shared PFP with the other turtles.
  10. Lincoln is fun, nothing like Ness
  11. Can't really figure out PTM but he doesn't play like either Fox or Captain Falcon as far as I can tell
  12. Korra is basically just fast Ganondorf
  13. Reptar is slow, REALLY slow.
  14. Ren & Stimpy are also slow, but not as slow
  15. Hey Arnold stage is great - it's less like Big Blue and more like Mute City SNES combined with Jungle Japes
  16. Real Monsters stage is probably the best casual stage.
  17. Space Madness is more Rainbow Cruise than Pac-Land or Poké Floats. If anything it's like Pac-Land mixed with Rainbow Cruise.
  18. Mikey can't be hit by his pizza slice as far as I can tell.
  19. Like Oblina, Zim is annoying - but not as annoying. Once air grabs are in my instinct he should be easy
  20. Cat feels faster than Dog, but I haven't played as CatDog enough to say.
  21. No tap jump. Controller binding is somewhat limited.
  22. Level 0 CPU is an idle CPU, set it any higher and they'll fight back even on training
  23. C-stick can do strongs on ground, but does lights in the air
  24. In-game movelists don't have many details but there is a bit of info not told in the showcases
  25. Something called "critical KOs" in settings screen. Might be Stamina? Haven't tried it.
  26. Toph platforms stay out for REALLY long and can be used by anyone.
  27. Options menu, on console, only provides audio options
  28. Smug-ass Korra is the default PFP.
  29. No CPU vs, CPU, but there seems to be an online spectator function - can't figure out how to use it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Three notes about Nigel, could edit this in like I did with the CPU vs. CPU and Korra PFP notes but everybody's probably read mine by now.
  1. Up B is a lot better than it looks. Incredible offensive move even if recovery is lacking
  2. Air scorpion kick spikes
  3. Flick is easier to pull off than Rest but not as powerful, only KOs at relatively high percents.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Some more thoughts

1. Oblina is a PITA (Pain in the aahrealmonsters) - fastest character to my knowledge
  2. Menus are beautiful but clunky - for some reason the Ready to Fight bar from SSBU is back and worse than before...
  3. Sports Ball is a bit hard to figure out, but is probably extremely fun once you know how to get the ball where you want it. You can select different balls including Tommy's ball, a Plankton-themed ball, a yarn ball (is this from any show?), and an American football with a cute Arnold cap. Each has unique qualities, but there is no randomise upon respawn or multiball.
  4. Wavedashing is extremely easy, though actually using it is still pretty advanced.
  5. Fast as hell, playing is like a Frosty Freezy Freeze-fuelled adrenaline rush. A fast attack in Smash is a slow attack here
  6. Patrick is bad even on a casual level, do not play Patrick.
  7. No hints on how to unlock new PFPs and gallery images
  8. No alts nor unlockable moves
  9. Eliza, Arnold, the babies, and the remaining two monsters don't appear in any form (at least judging from the PFPs I've unlocked) - though Donnie and Raph appear in a shared PFP with the other turtles.
  10. Lincoln is fun, nothing like Ness
  11. Can't really figure out PTM but he doesn't play like either Fox or Captain Falcon as far as I can tell
  12. Korra is basically just fast Ganondorf
  13. Reptar is slow, REALLY slow.
  14. Ren & Stimpy are also slow, but not as slow
  15. Hey Arnold stage is great - it's less like Big Blue and more like Mute City SNES combined with Jungle Japes
  16. Real Monsters stage is probably the best casual stage.
  17. Space Madness is more Rainbow Cruise than Pac-Land or Poké Floats. If anything it's like Pac-Land mixed with Rainbow Cruise.
  18. Mikey can't be hit by his pizza slice as far as I can tell.
  19. Like Oblina, Zim is annoying - but not as annoying. Once air grabs are in my instinct he should be easy
  20. Cat feels faster than Dog, but I haven't played as CatDog enough to say.
  21. No tap jump. Controller binding is somewhat limited.
  22. Level 0 CPU is an idle CPU, set it any higher and they'll fight back even on training
  23. C-stick can do strongs on ground, but does lights in the air
  24. In-game movelists don't have many details but there is a bit of info not told in the showcases
  25. Something called "critical KOs" in settings screen. Might be Stamina? Haven't tried it.
  26. Toph platforms stay out for REALLY long and can be used by anyone.
  27. Options menu, on console, only provides audio options
  28. Smug-ass Korra is the default PFP.
  29. No CPU vs, CPU, but there seems to be an online spectator function - can't figure out how to use it.
Besides Level 0, what level of CPU would you recommend for practicing? I assume Level 1 isn't that aggressive?

Yeah, uh, the eShop is good at taking its sweet time with these things.

Also, alleged datamines are already out and about.
Would you say the stage there resembles Pokémon Stadium 2's Ice version?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Would you say the stage there resembles Pokémon Stadium 2's Ice version?
Nope. It resembles normal non-ice Pokemon Stadium 2... The person has also posted announcer lines since too, but we've seen those can be meaningless already.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've lurked this thread for quite a while ever since the reveal trailer for this game came out. Mostly for character speculation and the opinions on the game, cause I can't find any other site that discusses these topics as thoroughly as here.

I'm just here to say that I'm extremely ecstatic to see this game actually happen.

My want for a Nicktoons Smash game goes way back in 2012, I think some time before I became a Smash speculator.

And I made an old fan roster and a couple of series icons for a potential Nick Smash game:

phzzK.jpg

Source: https://www.sbmania.net/forums/threads/nicktoons-smash-art.30374/

That desire was in the back burner after I started speculating for Smash 4 and onwards. But then July 13th happened, and an actual Nick Smash game happens, and it happened to actually be a quality game. It's actually surreal hearing about stuff from Ludosity and Nickelodeon in terms of making this competitively viable, and that coming to fruition with all the gameplay impressions out today.

This game is a dream come true for me personally. And I'm really happy to see that this game is gonna be successful enough for there to be character DLC.

Currently, my biggest personal wants is mostly Rudy Tabootie from Chalkzone, Squidward Tentacles, and Arnold from Hey Arnold.

If I could get those characters, I would be fully content with the roster. 😊

Now I'll be off playing some Nick Brawl on my PC. Have fun everyone.

amageish

Smash Master
Hit me with proof fam
It's in the comments of the same post I linked to.

Rep did say in the Discord that he thinks the announcer may have been asked to record a bunch of extras not the game back during the previous alleged datamine discussion; he expressed surprise at the concept of them being accessible from the public builds of the game though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
the vibe i'm getting is most of these codenames/announcer clips were either:

1. Just in cases
2. For some sort of scrapped modes
3. intentional misleads for dataminers

I would be shocked if Cindy Vortex and Filbert were chosen above all else, even with Powdered Toast Man in the game

the only 2 that seem to be more than that with lots of data and evidence are

Garfield and Shredder who are almost 100% are our 2 freebies

wouldn't be shocked if Jimmy was in the DLC at this point tho haha

Top Bottom