• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
Which is pretty fair and logical, since I wouldn't want to see the collective disappointment of Jenny fans.

Not to mention that we still don't know how the DLC structure will be like or how long it goes for. 👨‍🔧👩‍🔧👷‍♂️👷‍♀️
I will say what I said about Garfield earlier in this thread: Given the development team, I would be honestly shocked if they didn't pitch Jenny to Nick. The question is what Nick says back to them...

So quick question: Does anyone know if the Day-One patch has dropped yet?
Mostly! The Xbox version is apparently missing some of the patch features for some reason, so it's more like a Day .5 patch over there.

How does the game run on Switch? I'm currently debating whether to play on that or on PS5 - it would certainly run better on the PS5 but the Switch Pro Controller is more comfortable for me to hold.
Matches run very smoothly, but I've found the menus stutter a bit and loading times are just a bit longer then would be ideal.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ultra big brain conspiracy: What if the Garfield leak was half right with the models ripped from the game while Garfield was ripped from another game but was still real?

Like, i get the feeling whoever leaked it used a really old build and grabbed a model of Garfield Kart of some stuff like that and cobbled up something together that was legit but not so legit.

It's the perfect leak.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Ultra big brain conspiracy: What if the Garfield leak was half right with the models ripped from the game while Garfield was ripped from another game but was still real?

Like, i get the feeling whoever leaked it used a really old build and grabbed a model of Garfield Kart of some stuff like that and cobbled up something together that was legit but not so legit.

It's the perfect leak.
So, it would be a Palutena smash 4 leak? Sounds funny.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>big-shoed key boy got announced
Pretty much my biggest low-key want, so I'd say I'm cool with it. Would have liked some Org. XIII songs though.

It's the perfect leak.
So, it would be a Palutena smash 4 leak? Sounds funny.
A mix of that and Cacomallow, I would say.

But really though what I'm most interested about is if the Shredder leak is actually real enough.

Coincidentally or not, the Frederator YouTube Channel came back after a year of going silent ( seemingly they got the internal issues in the company sorted out) right around the time of launch for this game, so hopefully that means now Nickelodeon and the devs can properly make negotiations for the characters like Jimmy Turner and Jenny Wakeman so that we can get them into the game.
Well, looks like I can hope for a certain someone after all. 😼

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Finally got to try the game. Not sure how I feel about the game yet. Air dahes aren't not quite like I thought, though I think I'll get used to it.

So far Korra feels pretty slow XD. I'll see how it feels with a bit more time. Lucy has better range than I thought, can see why people felt she was good, with her teleports too.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I'm probably going to hold off on getting this game for a month or two because I pre-ordered the Extra Special S****y Coffee Mug Edition of Dread and I wanna savour it.
7258~2.jpeg

For anyone who already has the game, have there been any characters that you thought you wouldn't like but ended up enjoying?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm probably going to hold off on getting this game for a month or two because I pre-ordered the Extra Special S****y Coffee Mug Edition of Dread and I wanna savour it.
View attachment 333382
For anyone who already has the game, have there been any characters that you thought you wouldn't like but ended up enjoying?
Mikey is fun as hell.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So dataminers have coded the game to not only try out what was done on Garfield, but his stage as well

Well then, guess I have to believe who's coming for that one XD.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
stage you wouldn't expect: an unfinished Double Dare stage!

1633471538873.png

and finally, we have the uncensored version of this straight from the leaker. Great starting line-up!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

View attachment 333387
and finally, we have the uncensored version of this straight from the leaker. Great starting line-up!
adult nermal in nick brawl (real)

Double Dare stage looks amazing too.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Part of me wishes I hadn't spoiled it, but it's nice to know who the last two are.

Not gonna watch Spongefield's footage because I wanna see the moves on the completed character, but I'm excited that Garfield is going to be in a platform fighter and that his home stage is tournament legal. This game really is a ****post.

No offense to anyone who wanted Shredder, but I was honestly hoping for another Nicktoon before him. 80's TMNT doesn't scream Nickelodeon the same way I have memories of watching Garfield and Friends on Nick as a kid. Plus, the age old question, four Ninja Turtles slots and only two Ninja Turtles?

That Double Dare stage is sick as hell too.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Oh good, the game shows ARE getting representation. Wonder if it'll be the exception to Stage Theory.

So uh...anyone else like how they streamlined wavedashing?
If it's as easy to perform as people have been saying then that's good. It shouldn't be an excessively difficult/arduous tech to perform. Though from what I've been hearing, air dash use seems more important than the wave dashing overall and using your air mobility to it's fullest will be key.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord

View attachment 333387
Okay, usually I'm all about leaks but now I'm legit starting to feel sorry for the devs. So...
This means Garfield, Shredder and I guess Double Dare are the free DLCs? I assume the other names found in the datamine are still just placeholders or whatever Rep called them.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, uh, those sure are big leaks! The stages look very cool though. They're really going all out with the silliness on that Garfield stage...

Oh good, the game shows ARE getting representation. Wonder if it'll be the exception to Stage Theory.

So uh...anyone else like how they streamlined wavedashing?
Home stages are so weird to me. Like, I enjoy having them in games usually, but this game has them and then the Arcade mode... doesn't use them at all. So, uh, that's an oddity...

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Well, uh, those sure are big leaks! The stages look very cool though. They're really going all out with the silliness on that Garfield stage...

Home stages are so weird to me. Like, I enjoy having them in games usually, but this game has them and then the Arcade mode... doesn't use them at all. So, uh, that's an oddity...
I guess it's done that way so Arcade mode doesn't get stale as quickly.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I guess it's done that way so Arcade mode doesn't get stale as quickly.
But at the same time, they specifically said each stage is meant to be a specific fighter's home stage, which I don't know how they'll handle for
The Double Dare stage unless Marc Summers is somehow able to be a DLC fighter.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
But at the same time, they specifically said each stage is meant to be a specific fighter's home stage, which I don't know how they'll handle for
The Double Dare stage unless Marc Summers is somehow able to be a DLC fighter.
I hate to say this but...

shredder on double dare what will he do

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I hate to say this but...

shredder on double dare what will he do
I think that Shredder's stage hasn't been seen yet and it might be Dimension X. The Double Dare stage I believe will be a bonus stage not assigned to a character like the Miiverse stage in Smash 4. It even uses its own codename (Life) rather than Shredder's codename (Cheese).

Teeb147

Smash Legend

View attachment 333387
I don't really get it. something doesn't align or seem right with this one.
(really doubt that pic. why would it be renders and then cartoon pics?)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think that Shredder's stage hasn't been seen yet and it might be Dimension X. The Double Dare stage I believe will be a bonus stage not assigned to a character like the Miiverse stage in Smash 4. It even uses its own codename (Life) rather than Shredder's codename (Cheese).
I'm all for stages that don't line up with specific characters. There are a lot of cool locales we'd miss out on otherwise.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Reviews seem to be trickling out, so here's...

The Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl Review Drinking Game!
Take a shot when a reviewer:
  • Spends the entire review harping on the lack of voice acting
  • Makes backhanded comparisons to Smash Bros
  • Docks points for including certain characters they don't like
  • Docks points for excluding certain characters they do like
  • Acts like something that the devs said they'll fix later is a serious, game ruining flaw
  • Very obviously brushes it off as shovelware without actually digging into it

Any legitimate criticism doesn't warrant a shot.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

• Acts like something that the devs said they'll fix later is a serious, game ruining flaw

No Thanks, I'm No Drinker(Plus, i don't wish to deal with hearing criticism in a moody attitude)

Also, Why is it that everytime i promise myself not to see a leak, i break that promise and view it myself?

I. Am. Not. In. Highschool

amageish

Smash Master

Yeah, uh, I am not surprised that the game wouldn't review well, but some of the "objective" takes on the roster are... bold!

I also really feel like anyone actually in games journalism should know what the word shovelware actually means. Passionate indie developers failing to churn out a AAA product is not shovelware; that term does have an actual specific useful meaning that is just constantly being diluted...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, uh, I am not surprised that the game wouldn't review well, but some of the "objective" takes on the roster are... bold!

I also really feel like anyone actually in games journalism should know what the word shovelware actually means. Passionate indie developers failing to churn out a AAA product is not shovelware; that term does have an actual specific useful meaning that is just constantly being diluted...
Yeah, I haven't even played the game yet, and even I can tell that this isn't just some throwaway game (which is what I assume "shovelware" refers to), and frankly I feel like expecting almost every game to be of AAA quality is setting expectations more than a little too high if you ask me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, having Y instead of B for specials throws me off something fierce, but otherwise the game plays best on a standard Switch controller setup, I think.

About the leak.

Honestly, people knowing about Garfield ahead of time will be helpful for publicity and the devs' livelihood. At least he's not from a more divisive property like Sanjay and Craig. Plus there'd be meme nostalgia for Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

Now I really want to see if they announce the bonus characters this week.

Also, I could understand assigning Shredder to the Double Dare stage, since I believe that he used ooze-based devices in 87 TMNT.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anything there'd be serious nostalgia for Garfield & Friends, especially if you watched it on Nick when it reran in the late 90s.
That too, yeah, though it's still funny that he and Mikey can interact under the same roof now.

Okay, usually I'm all about leaks but now I'm legit starting to feel sorry for the devs. So...
This means Garfield, Shredder and I guess Double Dare are the free DLCs? I assume the other names found in the datamine are still just placeholders or whatever Rep called them.
Covering all bases. Aside from the DP villains, they do feel like what would have been in the dev-claimed "predictable" roster.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, I haven't even played the game yet, and even I can tell that this isn't just some throwaway game (which is what I assume "shovelware" refers to), and frankly I feel like expecting almost every game to be of AAA quality is setting expectations more than a little too high if you ask me.
Shovelware originally was a term specifically for things being "shoveled" out, trying to sell a large quantity of units without care for the optimization of how the game/software/etc actually runs on the platform it has been shoveled onto... but now it just means "Any game developed on a budget that is smaller then the GDP of a small nation," it seems.

Covering all bases. Aside from the DP villains, they do feel like what would have been in the dev-claimed "predictable" roster.
I am curious about who picked the characters that got extraneous voicelines, as Rep didn't even know who was on it and seemed only vaguely aware of their existence before they leaked.

The list seems to have a serious 2000s bias tho. There's several supporting Danny Phantom characters, mostly villians as you noted. Jimmy Neutron and Cindy Vortex are both there. And the Avatar roster is crazy: Roku, Azula, Iroh, Jet, Katara, King Bumi, Sokka, and Zuko. Frankly, it seems almost rude to Suki to have recorded lines for the rest of Team Avatar, a handful of supporting characters, a villain, and both a joke character like Bumi and a lore character like Roku, but not her.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So does the game not have the option to customize your control scheme? If not, I'm hoping it gets patched in at some point soon.

Top Bottom