• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Although of the kid/baby characters in Smash only Ness and Lucas are human.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Then again Smash Bros. featured Ness, Lucas, the Inklings, and Toon Link who are all kids, plus Smash Bros. has a baby on its roster with Pichu.
did ESRB even rate Super Brawl Universe though? that'd be my only question cause if not then I could see that being a hurdle they'd want to avoid

Faso115

Smash Lord
You can maybe excuse it as Cartoon Violence. It's likely that maybe they are trying to broaden their options and potentials obvious choices might be relegated for far more obscure characters. The fact that they started with Powered Toast Man over Ren and Stimpy makes me think this is the case.

Also this thread is far more interesting than the regular speculation thread lol

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
You can maybe excuse it as Cartoon Violence. It's likely that maybe they are trying to broaden their options and potentials obvious choices might be relegated for far more obscure characters. The fact that they started with Powered Toast Man over Ren and Stimpy makes me think this is the case.

Also this thread is far more interesting than the regular speculation thread lol
I think it helps that the series is brand new. Plus Smash Ultimate's been going on for a few years now with 1 character to go, things would naturally be winding down by now

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

Not only is this thread really engrossing, but I'm surprised at just how many memes have sprouted about this game in such a short span of time lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

It's possible based on the cover that Ren and Stimpy might also be playable characters themselves, perhaps as a 2-in-1 fighter similar to the Ice Climbers.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I haven't seen y'all discuss this..

But what non-Nicktoons characters could we get?
The game/devs never said it's Nicktoons exclusively (though if they did VERY RECENTLY, please share with the board)

Tbh, I could see Kid Danger or heck even Jojo happen.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

The game/devs never said it's Nicktoons exclusively (though if they did VERY RECENTLY, please share with the board)

I doubt we'll get any human sitcom characters due to 1. the concerns of beating up a real person's likeness, let alone a real child's, and 2. the controversy these shows seem to get into every single day - but non-sitcom live action characters who are more prone to adventure and violence in their shows, puppet characters, and animated/costumed characters from said sitcoms could happen - live action Dora seems highly likely from the box art silhouettes, and I wouldn't be opposed to Josh and Parker or the Dancing Lobsters. Sky Narwhal from Game Shakers was also in one of the Super Brawl games. Kid Danger is a weird middle point I feel

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Kid Danger had a cartoon so maybe but I don't think they'd put in Jojo. Aside from that I think Nick Jr characters are possible, though they may try to avoid sitcom characters

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I doubt we'll get any human sitcom characters due to 1. the concerns of beating up a real person's likeness, let alone a real child's, and 2. the controversy these shows seem to get into every single day - but non-sitcom live action characters who are more prone to adventure and violence in their shows, puppet characters, and animated/costumed characters from said sitcoms could happen - live action Dora seems highly likely from the box art silhouettes, and I wouldn't be opposed to Josh and Parker or the Dancing Lobsters. Sky Narwhal from Game Shakers was also in one of the Super Brawl games. Kid Danger is a weird middle point I feel
Fair points
I agree with you that Live Action Dora is very likely.
I could see them avoiding sitcom characters, but I don't think they'd necessarily do it out of avoiding controversy. They could simply just want to focus on the cartoon characters and live action fictional characters.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman

I could see Tak from Tak & the Power of Juju, Olmac from Legends of the Hidden Temple (with a Nickelodeon Guts stage), a monkey from Monkey Quest, Rango, Kid Danger and someone from the Nicktoons Unite series. Apparently someone found evidence that Nick Jr. will be in the game in someway. If it's really a character it would mostly likely either be someone from Dora or Blue's Clues as they are both relevant to younger and older viewers or Paw Patrol just because of how successful it is and how it's getting a movie.

Worst comes to show we get another Instagram star like how Jojo is in the last Nick Karting game.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You know what. I wouldn't even be against it considering she played as Kat in both Victorious and Kat & Sam so it would oddly fit.
Actually, if they can whip up a moveset based on an adequate amount of scenes where they fight or do something convulsive or something....
And if copyright issues are avoided...
Characters like that could happen.
I haven't touched those shows in years so I can't think of any references to anyone off the top of my head.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If we get more Spongebob representation, Which I think we will, While I would still love Squidward, I'm really hoping and pulling for Mr. Krabs, That "Crustaceous Cheapy the Cheapskate" never fails to make laugh.

Not to mention his Taunts and Victory Dances.

"Oh Yeah Mr. Krabs !!! Get that money !!!

tenor-2.gif
Kr4dDx.gif

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I could see Tak from Tak & the Power of Juju, Olmac from Legends of the Hidden Temple (with a Nickelodeon Guts stage), a monkey from Monkey Quest, Rango, Kid Danger and someone from the Nicktoons Unite series. Apparently someone found evidence that Nick Jr. will be in the game in someway. If it's really a character it would mostly likely either be someone from Dora or Blue's Clues as they are both relevant to younger and older viewers or Paw Patrol just because of how successful it is and how it's getting a movie.

Worst comes to show we get another Instagram star like how Jojo is in the last Nick Karting game.
Paw Patrol is actually a Canadian show so I think it's considered acquired programming, similar to how Total Drama is acquired programming for Cartoon Network

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

We're gonna get Spencer Shay, and his gimmick is that any item he picks up spontaneously lights on fire.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Do we know much about how many inputs each character will have? We know about air grabs, and I think universal counters in place of shields were confirmed at some point. I'm thinking of making some movesets so that's why I ask.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
The devs implied that if they had more control, Fanboy and Chum Chum would be included.
This is a fear of mine with the game. I hope it isn't true as I would want them to have as much freedom as possible while developing the game. But I guess it is entirely possible that Nick may have limited their choices. Whether that be on shows that weren't received that well or ones they have no interest in. But then again we have Ren & Stimpy representation despite John K being the awful individual that he is.

I hope they aren't limited but it is a real possibility.

I know what he's talking about and you can interpret for yourself

View attachment 322844
Dang, I just hope they weren't too limited on their choices. Maybe if the game does well they can get more freedom for DLC or a potential sequel.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
This is a fear of mine with the game. I hope it isn't true as I would want them to have as much freedom as possible while developing the game. But I guess it is entirely possible that Nick may have limited their choices. Whether that be on shows that weren't received that well or ones they have no interest in. But then again we have Ren & Stimpy representation despite John K being the awful individual that he is.

I hope they aren't limited but it is a real possibility.

Dang, I just hope they weren't too limited on their choices. Maybe if the game does well they can get more freedom for DLC or a potential sequel.
I'm not expecting any characters from shows that only got 1 season. After all, the website's description says "Face off with a power-packed cast of heroes from the top shows within the Nickelodeon universe, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Invader Zim, and many more, to determine the ultimate champion.". I'd say characters from only 2 seasons as well but we already got Invader Zim

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting any characters from shows that only got 1 season. After all, the website's description says "Face off with a power-packed cast of heroes from the top shows within the Nickelodeon universe, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Invader Zim, and many more, to determine the ultimate champion."
True, I just hope they were able to get fighters from a majority of their library. I'd love to see XJ9 and El Tigre be in. And I'd hate to see them left out for some arbitrary reason Nick enforced.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
True, I just hope they were able to get fighters from a majority of their library. I'd love to see XJ9 and El Tigre be in. And I'd hate to see them left out for some arbitrary reason Nick enforced.
They got a character from AAAH! Real Monsters in, which had never before been represented in any Nicktoons crossover games.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I hope they aren't limited but it is a real possibility
Hey at least Nick's choices include Nigel and Oblina.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I know what he's talking about and you can interpret for yourself

View attachment 322844
I don't know why else picks could be italicized like that.
But alright.

Though it seems Nickelodeon may not want to add characters or franchises that they think were an "embarrassment"...?
I'm pretty sure Fanboy and Chum Chum are strongly disliked by many.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
If Korra and Aang are getting in, I hope Zuko gets in eventually.

Also I don't want this game to be overloaded with Spongebob characters, but Squidward, Mr Krabs and Plankton should all get in this game.
Personally I'd love to see Fire Lord Ozai as a villain rep. Zuko would be cool though! I'm hoping for some Danny Phantom baddies. I know most likely if we get any it'll just be Vlad but I'd love to see some others with fun mechanics make it in. Like Ember, Skulker, Dark Knight, Pariah Dark or Dark/Future Danny

They got a character from AAAH! Real Monsters in, which had never before been represented in any Nicktoons crossover games.
Hey at least Nick's choices include Nigel and Oblina.
This is true! They've made some good choices so far. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
From the looks of it it appears that Nick wants to focus more on nostalgia with this game versus representing new faces. I think that's the reason behind some of the weirder picks as well as why the TMNT characters use their designs from the 80s rather than their designs from the newer shows.

Top Bottom