• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

I guess we can use this roster as a reference for what we are likely to get in the full game
Regarding Loud House
Lincoln's a no brainer
The Lucy push continues; guess's she more popular compared to her sisters

Wonder if NASB will get Clyde. From what I remember watching TLH myself, Clyde can be pretty fragile...

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
They got a character from AAAH! Real Monsters in, which had never before been represented in any Nicktoons crossover games.
Ickis actually appeared as a playable character in the very first Nicktoons Kart Racer for PlayStation but yeah since then never and certainly not Oblina

GilTheGreat19 GilTheGreat19 I could totally see us getting Ronnie Anne, kind of a tough tomboy girl, Lincoln's girlfriend and was popular enough to get her own spin-off show

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Ickis actually appeared as a playable character in the very first Nicktoons Kart Racer for PlayStation but yeah since then never and certainly not Oblina

GilTheGreat19 GilTheGreat19 I could totally see us getting Ronnie Anne, kind of a tough tomboy girl, Lincoln's girlfriend and was popular enough to get her own spin-off show
Were they not in Nicktoons baseball and 3D Toon Maker?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Seems the two biggest requests right now are Hugh Neutron and Jenny Wakeman.

Both would be brilliant fighters methinks. I kinda see Jenny as "skinny K. Rool" gameplay wise - an ultraheavyweight with a ton of ridiculous weapons and abilities you'd never expect from a heavy, fitting for a robot with a ton of elaborate and ridiculous weapons - and Hugh could throw pies, summon ducks, and throw around donuts/donut boxes as "Donut Boy", likely with a tricky but still shoto-like stat set akin to Luigi

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
From the looks of it it appears that Nick wants to focus more on nostalgia with this game versus representing new faces. I think that's the reason behind some of the weirder picks as well as why the TMNT characters use their designs from the 80s rather than their designs from the newer shows.
It makes sense, nostalgiabucks help keep Nickelodeon alive in a post-cable world, and Nick nostalgia comes in more flavors than Rugrats and classic Spongebob.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the characters who have been officially disconfirmed are:

Donnie
Raph
Tommy
Arnold
Alex Mack
Fanboy and Chum Chum
Is there a Nickelodeon crossover game that didn't have all 4 turtles playable in it? It would just feel incredibly weird not to have all of them playable in NASB.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't seen y'all discuss this..

But what non-Nicktoons characters could we get?
The game/devs never said it's Nicktoons exclusively (though if they did VERY RECENTLY, please share with the board)

Tbh, I could see Kid Danger or heck even Jojo happen.
Iirc the IGN video mentions Nick Jr so Dora is an absolute must. I can see it now, ",Can YOU block this mixup?"

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Seems the two biggest requests right now are Hugh Neutron and Jenny Wakeman.

Both would be brilliant fighters methinks. I kinda see Jenny as "skinny K. Rool" gameplay wise - an ultraheavyweight with a ton of ridiculous weapons and abilities you'd never expect from a heavy, fitting for a robot with a ton of elaborate and ridiculous weapons - and Hugh could throw pies, summon ducks, and throw around donuts/donut boxes as "Donut Boy", likely with a tricky but still shoto-like stat set akin to Luigi
I was almost certain that Hugh is gonna be this games Waluigi but yes many seem to want him. Though Timmy and Jimmy are also heavily requested

It makes sense, nostalgiabucks help keep Nickelodeon alive in a post-cable world, and Nick nostalgia comes in more flavors than Rugrats and classic Spongebob.
I though they were just pulling TMNT models from the latest TMNT game coming this year, which is inspired by the 80's TMNT. Not that I'm complaining

Is there a Nickelodeon crossover game that didn't have all 4 turtles playable in it? It would just feel incredibly weird not to have all of them playable in NASB.
No, they've been in 3 at this point and all have been present in all

Iirc the IGN video mentions Nick Jr so Dora is an absolute must. I can see it now, ",Can YOU block this mixup?"
This is actually a popular misconception where IGN does something dumb. They put the same "Nickelodeon/Nick Jr" thing on both Nickelodeon Karts Racing games but neither of those have any Nick Jr characters in them, it doesn't actually mean anything

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
SpongeBob, Patrick, Nigel, Reptar, and anybody called Powdered Toast Man are enough to make me sit up and pay attention.

If Squidward, Aang, Zuko, Sheen Estevez, and Carl Wheezer make the roster, I'll probably pick up the game at some point when it goes on sale.

If Hugh Neutron, Sokka, or Fred (MY LEG!) somehow make the cut, I will buy it new.

If Patchy the Pirate, Potty the Parrot, Hans the Hand, DoodleBob, Painty, the Cabbage Salesman, or Paul are in the game in any capacity, I will pre order.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It would be disappointing for them to leave out the 2 better turtles.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're coming JUST to reuse assets.

Their models are practically already made, and Leo/Mike moves that don't involve their signature weapons could be reused, just like with Injustice 2.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Their models are practically already made, and Leo/Mike moves that don't involve their signature weapons could be reused, just like with Injustice 2.
Apparently they aren't reusing assets.

EDIT: Never mind, misread. You mean the Turtles' themselves can reuse assets between one another.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

One thing worth noting is that one of the turtles shows a move from the arcade games of a different turtle entirely and the devs just said not to expect certain characters just because someone they're paired with is in the game

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
One thing worth noting is that one of the turtles shows a move from the arcade games of a different turtle entirely and the devs just said not to expect certain characters just because someone they're paired with is in the game
this is true, but I kind of figured they were talking more about like expecting Eliza Thornberry with Nigel Thornberry or Arnold with Helga

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
this is true, but I kind of figured they were talking more about like expecting Eliza Thornberry with Nigel Thornberry or Arnold with Helga
That's not a bad mindset but it's worth keeping in mind just in case.

Also great googly moogly I want this now
K.Rool is Smash's take on Juggernaut btw

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I am so beyond sick of Fire Emblem being the punching bag of the Smash community. It's an amazing franchise that doesn't deserve the attitude.
That's more the fault of Nintendo marketing for pushing FE and Sakurai's for being complacent in it - not the series or its devs. There's also the unavoidable reality that FE's aesthetic is an acquired taste for US audiences so even if FE just had 1 or 2 reps people would still find it a little jarring at best next to Mario and Sonic or even the similarly realistic but not-as-heavily-Japanese Link and Samus

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, around how many characters are we supposed to get? 25? 30? 40? Just to give me an idea on the roster.
As it's a new game made from the ground up entirely on a budget, I'd say 25 is rather optimistic, maybe I'm just pessimistic though, but keep the lower than average price tag in mind, especially as we likely don't get voice clips or music from the shows
That's more the fault of Nintendo marketing for pushing FE and Sakurai's for being complacent in it - not the series or its devs. There's also the unavoidable reality that FE's aesthetic is an acquired taste for US audiences so even if FE just had 1 or 2 reps people would still find it a little jarring at best next to Mario and Sonic.
How dare a company market a game they're putting out. This thread has no place for these tired and flatout wrong arguments

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
As it's a new game made from the ground up entirely on a budget, I'd say 25 is rather optimistic, maybe I'm just pessimistic though, but keep the lower than average price tag in mind, especially as we likely don't get voice clips or music from the shows
I agree with this philosophy to a certain extent. Since we most likely aren't getting voice clips from the characters (like how the racing games were), I suspect that this would allow the dev. team to implement more characters into the game. However, I'm not as confident in this assumption as I am with others I've made. Honestly, I'm predicting 20 at the fewest, 30 at the absolute maximum.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I agree with this philosophy to a certain extent. Since we most likely aren't getting voice clips from the characters (like how the racing games were), I suspect that this would allow the dev. team to implement more characters into the game. However, I'm not as confident in this assumption as I am with others I've made. Honestly, I'm predicting 20 at the fewest, 30 at the absolute maximum.
We also have to remember that sure, we know for a fact we're getting certain characters announced later like Ren and Stimpy, Korra, Aang and Catdog, but we're not supposed to know about them yet, it's why the devs constantly dodge the question on discord, you'd be surprised how much legal ****ery they'd get into if they talked about them

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

How dare a company market a game they're putting out. This thread has no place for these tired and flatout wrong arguments
I think 25 is a fair guess. We already basically have 20 and PSASBR had 24 while Punchtime Explosion had 26

also I'm pretty sure all he was saying about Fire Emblem was that it's just not for everyone (which admittedly can apply to a lot of franchises but most franchises have been A-listers for Nintendo for decades)

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I mean, we know for a fact from the boxart Aang, Korra, Ren, Stimpy, what seems to be live action Dora, CatDog, and maybe Krumm on the box art. Krumm is the most awkward to see but the rest are all clearly there. That already brings the roster up to 20, or 19 if Ren and Stimpy are a team character.

I would say expecting at least 25 characters seems like a safe bet. If I had to name names, I would say Donnie, Raph, Arnold, Rocko, Ronnie Anne, another spongebob rep,and Garfield are the safe bets. I also am personally betting on Jimmy Neutron and Jenny XJ9 as well, which would make us at around 29 ish characters. Which to me seems like a healthy amount to expect.

FOP is weird and I could see it getting vetoed by nick because they are rebooting it, I don’t think Timmy is in the reboot iirc. I could see Timmy being a popular dlc candidate if the game does well, which given the hype I think it will certainly make a profit and succeed if it is good.

Attachments

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

So, I just found this video of the characters being given voice lines in the trailer and wow. The voices really do make the trailer seem so much more lively

Top Bottom