• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Huh. For the DLC character who I'd say is the one I was least interested in, I have to say that they at least did a good job of giving Rocksteady some interesting tools to work with to presumably offset him being big and bulky. If nothing else, it seems like he'll be interesting to mess around with. I also like how his Super is just blasting someone with the Technodrome; that's just cool!

Also, I actually had a bit of a double-take when I realized that him and Squidward were fighting on SpongeBob's neighborhood, which prior only appeared briefly at the start of the campaign. I was not expecting it to become a proper stage. That's pretty neat!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Rocksteady looks pretty awesome, and eyyy, Conch Street!

I'm rooting for a second pass. Wording seems to imply it's planned and it looks like they're not done adding in modes and content yet. I hope this game gets to have the long life of content updates NASB1 was supposed to have. It deserves it.

Does anyone know if there any references to TMNT video games in Rocksteady's moveset?
His specials seem to be mostly references to Shredder's Revenge.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Rocksteady looks pretty awesome, and eyyy, Conch Street!

I'm rooting for a second pass. Wording seems to imply it's planned and it looks like they're not done adding in modes and content yet. I hope this game gets to have the long life of content updates NASB1 was supposed to have. It deserves it.

His specials seem to be mostly references to Shredder's Revenge.
We already know that we're getting completely new modes and stages, so more new characters isn't out of the question.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
One thing I noticed in Rocksteady's reveal trailer (I think) is that there's a point where Rocksteady grabs Donnie and almost immediately afterward releases his Down Special explosives to catch Raph before doing what I'm guessing is his backthrow.

Does that mean there are certain actions that Rocksteady can unleash his bombs while doing other moves?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The stages will be launching next patch, not with Rocksteady

I checked the NASB discord earlier, and I found info that the new stages do not have unique songs. Conch Street uses the Jellyfish Fields theme and Stardial uses the credits theme.
So they don't even have new music? I guess we're not getting much in the way of truly "new" content going forward.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Let’s not immediately assume that there isn’t going to be any more DLC or updates just because a few bonus stages don’t have unique music.
I was talking about new content that isn't repurposed from elsewhere in the game. I'm starting to think that all the characters in the second pass would be NPC promotions.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
What's that? We can dream about extra DLC character passes?

Okay! I'm gonna do 2 returning characters per pass till I'm out of returning characters.

Character Pass 2:

Returning Characters:
1) Leo
2) Mikey
3) Snap (Chalkzone)
4) Ickus

Character Pass 3:
1) Toph
2) Oblina
3) Eliza Thornberry
4) Dudley Puppy

Character Pass 4:
1) Sandy
2) Helga
3) Cowman/Otis (Barnyard)
4) Mikey Simon (Kappa Mikey)

Character Pass 5:
1) Shredder
2) Powdered Toast Man
3) Bebop
4) Sartana of the Dead

Character Pass 6 (Only 1 returning character, I'm out after this):
1) Hugh Neutron
2) Reggie (Rocket Power)
3) Timmy Turner
4) Cynthia (Rugrats)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Rocksteady looks very neat, actually! I'm a big fan of all the ways he has of controlling space; he gives me Dedede vibes in how he plays, Next time I pick up this game, I'm definitely giving him a spin. I'm sorry for ever doubting you, Peaksteady.

Also I didn't know until watching this trailer that Rocksteady is voiced by ****ing Freddy from Back at the Barnyard. That's awesome, genuinely.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Copying my message from the MVS thread because I wrote in the wrong thread.

Counch street is genuinely a super cool adition, but if more dlc is on the way I do hope they add more content for smaller franchise or unrepresented franchise, because for now every post launch content was from the big 3 (Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT), which obviously I get it, but it would be nice to give a little bit more to other too.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Apparently this patch also added an All Star equivalent mode called "Gauntlet", anyone here try that out yet?

Top Bottom