• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
MVS is pretty good about not cramming pairs of characters together unless absolutely necessary. It's more fun to play co-op as Finn and Jake, which is something me and a friend did often, than it would be to play as both at once while my friend plays as Batman or something.

My question to these people though is, how the hell would a trio of Eds even work? Would they all be huddled together like the Ant Hill Mob or stacked into a tower or something? That would look stupid. How would they attack if all three of them are glued together? They would have to give them a bunch of generic "swing each other around" moves or the most basic EEnE references possible that could apply to all three.

Same thing with Mordecai and Rigby, the PPG, Gumball and Darwin, why do they want the whole game to be duos?

Only one I can kind of get is the Warner siblings as a Pokemon trainer kind of deal, since I guess there wouldn't be much to differentiate all three of them from Bugs on their own, but even then, that's still just putting them together because there's more than one of them.

I think actually fitting candidates for duo/teams would be like, Cosmo and Wanda (with or without Timmy) or Sanjay and Craig.
There is only one instance where I’ve seen a trio character (that isn’t tagging in/out between the three) work, and that’s, weirdly enough, Super Brawl 3 Rabbids. But that’s because stacked on top of each other not only feels mildly in character but also looks appropriate

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Do you think we'll be getting extra TMNT stages for Raph and Donnie? I personally hope so, since Sewer Slam and Rooftop Rumble have awesome music.
Depends on if they bring the stages from 1 back or not. Even if they do, I could see at least one new TMNT stage for the sake of having something new to represent the show besides characters.

Been a while since I last saw that film back in 2016.

He could make for a fun fighter, using his tentacles to hit with as well the truck to ram and drive around.
(Having his head pop out from the hood to bite and chomp)
I mean, if live action characters were off the table for NASB as a whole, this is one of the few ways we can get a live-action property besides a Henry Danger rep that looks like the 2018 cartoon spinoff, or Ed from Good Burger.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
put the concept art version of monster trucks monster in nasb you cowards

When it comes to loophole-y LA reps, Sky Whale wouldn't be a half bad pick - he has a fun body shape with the horn, and his SB4 moveset is quite amusing, regardless of the quality of his source material(s).

at the very least he isnt a racist stereotype so he has that over tak for a gaming rep

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Depends on if they bring the stages from 1 back or not. Even if they do, I could see at least one new TMNT stage for the sake of having something new to represent the show besides characters.
Tbh I'm pretty sure every stages of the first game will come back. I don't see the point of cutting any of them since they cover pretty much the basis of Nickelodeon, just like the characters. The only stages that I could maybe see not coming back is Showdown at teeter totter gulch being changed for another Rugrats stages.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Tbh I'm pretty sure every stages of the first game will come back. I don't see the point of cutting any of them since they cover pretty much the basis of Nickelodeon, just like the characters. The only stages that I could maybe see not coming back is Showdown at teeter totter gulch being changed for another Rugrats stages.
Due to the home stage thing I'm not expecting a stage to be cut unless they also remove the corresponding character.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm personally hoping they don't bring back the home stages concept - on one hand, I do love the whole concept of having a stage specifically themed on Lucy/PTM/Hugh/whoever, but on the other I would really like more game show/sitcom stages, and extra stages for series that may not be able to get more characters.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Ohohohoh, please let it be Nick All-Star 2

When is this?
The San Diego Comic Con lasts from July 20th, to July 23rd. Nick has a whole bunch of panels sprinkled throughout the days. I did find a whole bunch of merch that will be sold there:
1689715623674.png

1689715651434.png

1689715747962.png
1689715786442.png
1689715896510.png
1689715932926.png

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I just don't see a sequel being announced at San Diego Comic Con, it's too big a venue lmao

Also... What's with all the random Purple Reptar love lately?
Merch wise, easy repaint/chase variant,

No idea why it was in KR3, though,

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Paramount are at the licensed video game panel with Star Trek and Avatar so I'd say thats th most possible place if it was gonna be at comic con

Faso115

Smash Lord
Is purple Reptar an actual character in Rugrats?

Cause it would be funny if he (or she) ends up being a character

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Is purple Reptar an actual character in Rugrats?

Cause it would be funny if he (or she) ends up being a character
Yes and no.

1689726997250.png

I believe "the purple one" was in only one episode, and is technically just a differently colored Reptar toy that Tommy has.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Imagine if Rugrats gets another character after all the arguing over the logistics of having a baby in a fighting game and it's just Purple Reptar.
Yes, even though he's already a costume. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone remember how long it usually took between NASB videos being added to the playlist and being made public?

If that game panel does have Nick stuff, I could perhaps see a NASB 2 reveal alongside an extra Quest for Balance announcement, or maybe a reveal trailer for NASB 2 and a story mode trailer.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel that a lot of the "cram into a duo/trio fighter" mentality comes from the fact that these games typically have limited slots (especially in DLC, imagine how much backlash there'd be if two of the last game's three slots were Angry Beavers) and budgets, and there are plenty of duos/trios where it feels weird to not have the whole set, so a lot of people want to have the whole set represented while not having to give 2-3 extra character slots to a given IP just to fulfill that. Not saying that it's good or anything, just putting in a theory as to why people think the way they do. I can get how to put Zim and Gir together, along with Ren and Stimpy, but I can't see any way to put the beavers into one character without it looking awkward.
Well I really doubt resources not spent on solo Norbert would go to a character from an unrepped show since it looks like there isn't just one single Nicktoons license you pay for and get every character you want. I'd explain what makes me think that again but I have an appointment right now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not to mention that there's still no placeholder pages on any store page, so I think that those privated videos are for Avatar: Quest for Balance.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What assurance do we have that this is being announced anytime soon or even this year at all?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well it may finally be time to get off the hopium, GameMill’s Trailers playlist just added two private videos, something that pretty much always happened before NASB reveals

View attachment 374899
View attachment 374900
So apparently 2 more private videos were added and then subsequently deleted shortly afterwards. So that makes a total of 4 private videos at some point, but now back to 2. According to users in the Discord, it was the most recent 2 that were removed

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I highly doubt it won't release this year. We had a Nickelodeon crossover games every year in October for 3 years now.
Although this year we have two regular Nick games. We've got SpongeBob Cosmic Shake earlier this year and now we have Avatar: Quest for Balance coming out this holiday season.

Top Bottom