• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It would be weird if this game still had Bentley Griffin voicing Lincoln when he gets a new voice actor on the show. I think that Lincoln will get new voice clips provided by his new voice actor unless Bentley is still voicing Lincoln by the time this game comes out.
I don't think that really matters. It's not like they go back and redub all the reruns with the new actor.

Unless you're Robot Jones.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that really matters. It's not like they go back and redub all the reruns with the new actor.

Unless you're Robot Jones.
I don't know if the games would want to be out of date when it comes to voice actors. KR3 got Jaeden White to voice Clyde and he only had the role for a few months at that point.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I think you're underestimating popularity. Think about how many ninja turtles fans like myself were disappointed when their favorite turtle wasn't there. And the playing similarly thing really only makes sense for Raph, not for Donnie, who has both inventions AND wields a staff, which yes, Aang does wield, but their styles are completely different.
I mean, let's not forget Rocksteady was originally the pick instead of Shredder. It's not like I'm opposed to more TMNT characters, I just don't think it's a given is all, especially when they apparently considered adding April, Shredder and even Rocksteady instead of them

And yes the characters in general are popular, but they're not top placers in polls. Speaking of maybe a new poll should be conducted for a hypothetical NASB 2

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, let's not forget Rocksteady was originally the pick instead of Shredder. It's not like I'm opposed to more TMNT characters, I just don't think it's a given is all, especially when they apparently considered adding April, Shredder and even Rocksteady instead of them

And yes the characters in general are popular, but they're not top placers in polls. Speaking of maybe a new poll should be conducted for a hypothetical NASB 2
Yes, he was considered for the launch roster, but the devs can see what fans are asking for and no normal people are voting for Rocksteady.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Any chance we'd get another Danny Phantom rep in a sequel?

Also I'm really not liking the possibility of Squidina getting in over Squidward/Krabs... Same with Asami, who'd want her as a non-bender character instead of SOKKA? Especially since the game's more than likely gonna have VA at launch and thus Sokka can really shine! Then again, Sokka placed way higher than Asami on the poll anyway, and I've never really seen much interest in another Korra rep.

Fan demand shines in this game, no way in hell are we getting Rocksteady over the remaining turtles! XD

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Any chance we'd get another Danny Phantom rep in a sequel?

Also I'm really not liking the possibility of Squidina getting in over Squidward/Krabs... Same with Asami, who'd want her as a non-bender character instead of SOKKA? Especially since the game's more than likely gonna have VA at launch and thus Sokka can really shine! Then again, Sokka placed way higher than Asami on the poll anyway, and I've never really seen much interest in another Korra rep.

Fan demand shines in this game, no way in hell are we getting Rocksteady over the remaining turtles! XD
I think Vlad Plasmius is fairly likely. It's hard to tell because like I said in my previous post, I'm not expecting really more than 6 newcomers which is very not a lot of spot. That being said, Danny Phantom has a huge following and Vlad was a fairly big request.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Weren't your NASB2 newcomer predictions partially based on potential asset reuse anyway? And isn't the way Raph and Don can reuse assets...extremely obvious?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, here are the sort of likelihood tiers I see for potential newcomers.

S Tier Likelihood: Squidward

This one is fairly self explanatory. The entire reason we're talking about a potential sequel is because of the supposed leak, and if you think it's real, then that would mean Squidward is in the game.

A Tier Likelihood: Jimmy Neutron, Zuko

These are the two other newcomers that, in my opinion, have the most going for them aside from Squidward. They're some of the most requested characters that didn't make it into the first game, and asset reuse from Kart Racers 3 is possible should the need arise.

B Tier Likelihood: Donatello, Raphael, Odie

When it comes to further expanding existing series, I think these three stick out. Donnie and Raph aren't as requested as the three above, but they're super close, and their omission is very similar to Jimmy or Squidward in that it really stuck out. Odie, meanwhile, has the necessary pedigree (hah), but Garfield being a DLC addition last time didn't really leave a spot for Odie. That can change now.

C Tier Likelihood: Mr. Krabs, a Rocket Power character, Vlad Plasmius (or any other Danny Phantom antagonist)

Mr. Krabs has an okay shot I think. I just put him lower because we already know we're getting Squidward should the leak be real, and if so, I'm not sure they'd double dip here considering how conservative the first game's SpongeBob roster was. With Rocket Power, I think it's the most likely new series to be represented, but that's not saying much. I think most additions would be from existing series. As for who, they could go for Reggie for a more traditional rep and a new female character, or they could go for Tito for a fan favorite silly pick. Vlad is a reasonably popular request, and is a good choice if they want a villain (as Plankton would reasonably be behind Squidward and Krabs in the pecking order).

D Tier Likelihood: Arnold, Clyde, Dib or Professor Membrane, Plankton (+ Karen), Katara, Sokka, Rudy and/or Snap, Dagget and/or Norbert, Henry and/or June, Otis

This is now getting into "will only really get in if we get like 10+ newcomers" territory. These are the longshots. The wildcards. This is where I put all non-Rocket Power new series additions, more low-key additions to existing series, or in the cases of SpongeBob and Avatar, characters that aren't Squidward, Zuko, or Mr. Krabs.

F Tier Likelihood: Live Action characters, Timmy Turner (or other Fairly Odd Parents characters)

The former were explicitly disconfirmed during the first game, and Dan Schneider's legacy's continued dive into the abyss only further strengthens the idea of them never being acknowledged here. And for FOP...well, the writing is on the wall.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Timmy Turner (or other Fairly Odd Parents characters)

And for FOP...well, the writing is on the wall.
Nelvana's stinginess/GameMill's hesitance to work with them is rather overstated. Nelvana handled MLAATR overseas, and I think Invader Zim as well since they had full episodes of the show on their YTV YouTube channel.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nelvana's stinginess/GameMill's hesitance to work with them is rather overstated. Nelvana handled MLAATR overseas, and I think Invader Zim as well since they had full episodes of the show on their YTV YouTube channel.
My thing is like...it really does feel like if it was possible, it would've happened last time. There'd be no reason to skip over the franchise that was simultaneously the most requested to appear and was also the second most prominent Nicktoon of all time if there wasn't something blocking it.

Timmy is firmly in the tier of "I'll believe it when I see it."

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
second most prominent Nicktoon of all time
Kinda irrelevant and not related to Timmy's NASB chances, but TBH I highly doubt FOP is the "#2 biggest Nicktoon of all time". Rugrats has a Hollywood walk of fame star and made box office records; Ren & Stimpy made national headlines and was once the highest rated show on cable; and the Avatar universe has the same sort of "God, please let me live in this universe" fandom culture as Harry Potter or Star Wars; not even mentioning acquirred IPs.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda irrelevant and not related to Timmy's NASB chances, but TBH I highly doubt FOP had the same level of impact as Rugrats; Ren & Stimpy; or even Avatar. It's a big show and was a very big deal in the 00s, but it's certainly not the "#2 biggest Nicktoon of all time".
I'm referring to episode count and air time. Fairly Odd Parents is tied with Rugrats for being the Nicktoon with the second highest episode count after SpongeBob, and is second place for longest air time, lasting from its debut up until 2017.

Impact is subjective, but it being the second longest running Nicktoon is like...objectively true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My thing is like...it really does feel like if it was possible, it would've happened last time. There'd be no reason to skip over the franchise that was simultaneously the most requested to appear and was also the second most prominent Nicktoon of all time if there wasn't something blocking it.

Timmy is firmly in the tier of "I'll believe it when I see it."
Well to be fair, Rep's reaction to seeing Timmy be able to get into a mobile tennis game...doesn't seem like good news for his chances anyway

I dunno if Nelvana holds FOP in higher regard than other Nicktoons they distribute considering like you said it's the second biggest Nicktoon, but they are at least able to let Nick put Timmy in mobile games.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The problem with Donnie and Raph imo is that if we do indeed get a very small amount of newcomer (like 5-6) will the team really want to give 1/3 of the new spots fot the turtles? Also this is the franchise that already has the most amount of characters (because I highly doubt they will cut characters). So if they add 2 turtles, we will end up with 6 TMNT characters against 4 (or 5 at best) spongebob characters.

Personally, here are the sort of likelihood tiers I see for potential newcomers.

S Tier Likelihood: Squidward

This one is fairly self explanatory. The entire reason we're talking about a potential sequel is because of the supposed leak, and if you think it's real, then that would mean Squidward is in the game.

A Tier Likelihood: Jimmy Neutron, Zuko

These are the two other newcomers that, in my opinion, have the most going for them aside from Squidward. They're some of the most requested characters that didn't make it into the first game, and asset reuse from Kart Racers 3 is possible should the need arise.

B Tier Likelihood: Donatello, Raphael, Odie

When it comes to further expanding existing series, I think these three stick out. Donnie and Raph aren't as requested as the three above, but they're super close, and their omission is very similar to Jimmy or Squidward in that it really stuck out. Odie, meanwhile, has the necessary pedigree (hah), but Garfield being a DLC addition last time didn't really leave a spot for Odie. That can change now.

C Tier Likelihood: Mr. Krabs, a Rocket Power character, Vlad Plasmius (or any other Danny Phantom antagonist)

Mr. Krabs has an okay shot I think. I just put him lower because we already know we're getting Squidward should the leak be real, and if so, I'm not sure they'd double dip here considering how conservative the first game's SpongeBob roster was. With Rocket Power, I think it's the most likely new series to be represented, but that's not saying much. I think most additions would be from existing series. As for who, they could go for Reggie for a more traditional rep and a new female character, or they could go for Tito for a fan favorite silly pick. Vlad is a reasonably popular request, and is a good choice if they want a villain (as Plankton would reasonably be behind Squidward and Krabs in the pecking order).

D Tier Likelihood: Arnold, Clyde, Dib or Professor Membrane, Plankton (+ Karen), Katara, Sokka, Rudy and/or Snap, Dagget and/or Norbert, Henry and/or June, Otis

This is now getting into "will only really get in if we get like 10+ newcomers" territory. These are the longshots. The wildcards. This is where I put all non-Rocket Power new series additions, more low-key additions to existing series, or in the cases of SpongeBob and Avatar, characters that aren't Squidward, Zuko, or Mr. Krabs.

F Tier Likelihood: Live Action characters, Timmy Turner (or other Fairly Odd Parents characters)

The former were explicitly disconfirmed during the first game, and Dan Schneider's legacy's continued dive into the abyss only further strengthens the idea of them never being acknowledged here. And for FOP...well, the writing is on the wall.
I agree with most of this, although I would have put Otis a bit higher (like C or even arguably B).I feel like Jimmy could be S, it just make too much sense with Hugh being DLC and the team must know that he's one of (if not THE) most requested characters and I'd be shocked if he's not in. And unfortunately I agree with you on Timmy, I'd be surprised if he makes it. I feel like Angelica Pickles could be C tier too, like Vlad she's a reasonably popular request and is a good choice for a second rep of a franchise with one character.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm referring to episode count and air time. Fairly Odd Parents is tied with Rugrats for being the Nicktoon with the second highest episode count after SpongeBob, and is second place for longest air time, lasting from its debut up until 2017.
Though even then, that title is on a timer now.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah, as The Loud House will surpass them in Season 7, which is confirmed to happen.
This is technically true but I definitely wouldn’t equate episode count to overall popularity

90’s Nickelodeon was television gold, no hyperbole, shows like Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy dominated cable ratings. 90’s Nickelodeon was truly on another level compared to modern day Nickelodeon (though I think people undersell their popularity, they’re definitely no 90’s Nick)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
This is technically true but I definitely wouldn’t equate episode count to overall popularity

90’s Nickelodeon was television gold, no hyperbole, shows like Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy dominated cable ratings. 90’s Nickelodeon was truly on another level compared to modern day Nickelodeon (though I think people undersell their popularity, they’re definitely no 90’s Nick)
I could say the same about 2000's Nick easily. 90's was also helped by the fact that CN and Disney hadn't really risen to prominence yet, and the edgier shows stuck out more in the Bartmania 90's (and most of Ren and Stimpy's """substance""" came from its shock value). 2000's shows were great without needing to rely on that edge, and same goes for Rugrats and Spongebob.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
what about the Nick All-Star Sequel leak? i don't know if you talked about it already nor have i heard of it before.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
D

Deleted member

That'd be easier to answer later in development when there's more content that Paramount owns and isn't in NASB.
There's a trailer on YT that confirms Jimmy Nutron and Luan Loud, and some other not Nick characters

on an unrelated note, a fan game made by some friends of mine called Toon All Star Slam just released their first demo today! https://calcobeater.itch.io/toon-all-star-slam

with that being said, is there anything Nickelodeon related or just in general from this game you'd like to see in this hypothetical NASB 2?
View attachment 367408
This is really cool! I like the unconventional fighter picks and the art is really nice

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's a trailer on YT that confirms Jimmy Nutron and Luan Loud, and some other not Nick characters

This is really cool! I like the unconventional fighter picks and the art is really nice
Yeah. From what I know there are at least twelve playable characters and it covers all of the big three children's cartoon channels in the US, those being Nick, CN, and Disney Channel, with four reps for each. The roster, from what I know, is:

SpongeBob
Luan Loud
Jimmy Neutron
Jenny Wakeman
Eddy
Grim
Dexter
Mordecai and Rigby
Mickey Mouse
Star Butterfly
Anne
Kim Possible

Based on the currently revealed stages, I also believe that Zim and Phineas will be playable, or at least this game will have reps of Invader Zim and Phineas and Ferb.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Based on the currently revealed stages, I also believe that Zim and Phineas will be playable, or at least this game will have reps of Invader Zim and Phineas and Ferb.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa back up

Where was this revealed?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If NASB2 does exist I'm expecting it to be revealed around the summertime. I'm not really expecting much out of it as I'm thinking that it would basically be an updated rerelease of the original that's being packaged as a sequel.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If NASB2 does exist I'm expecting it to be revealed around the summertime. I'm not really expecting much out of it as I'm thinking that it would basically be an updated rerelease of the original that's being packaged as a sequel.
Seems reasonable, they don’t usually give the pre-release frame for Nick game releases too long

Top Bottom