• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Mean, it's not exactly a staple not to mention it was halfassed in Smash 4
This is true. However, I think what had most people up in arms about it was that some news article (I think it was IGN, but don't quote me on that) said in the article that the characters had moves that you could unlock

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Terry wanted me to ask if you're OK. Are you okay?
Would have been perfectly fine and if Sakurai would have just added more stuff to do in Ultimate before Ultimate got released instead of making it the Street Fighter 5 of Smash games.

The one with barely anything to do in in it that has even less content than Pong.

A game that's only supposed to have one single player mode.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Would have been perfectly fine and if Sakurai would have just added more stuff to do in Ultimate before Ultimate got released instead of making it the Street Fighter 5 of Smash games.

The one with barely anything to do in in it that has even less content than Pong.

Honestly I feel SSBU had way too much single player content. They could've included more new characters and stages if WoL got the axe and classic mode lost its per-character customisation.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
THIS JUST IN!! It looks like the devs have just confirmed that custom/unlockable moves for characters may not be a thing in the game

It's confirmed because they...denied it?

I don't know how an individual can look at Smash and make the general statement, "this game is short on content."

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I'm wondering if this whole issue about live action characters is really as big as everyone says it is.

Another game, Dead By Daylight, was able to acquire the character of Laurie Strode from Halloween but not the likeness of Jamie Lee Curtis:
Sele%3F%3Fo_de_personagem_-_Laurie_Strode.png
image.jpg

As long as Nick holds the full rights to the characters and changes their appearance enough to not resemble their actors (which should be easy with how cartoony this game is), then it should be fine.

Then again, I'm not a legal expert so what the hell do I know?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

How did you survive Smash 4? Or fighting games from other companies that don't focus on singleplayer at all?

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
How did you survive Smash 4? Or fighting games from other companies that don't focus on singleplayer at all?
At least games like Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Injustice 1, and PlayStation All Stars gave me online multiplayer that you could play for free as opposed to paying 60 bucks a month for.

At least Injustice 1 had those Star Lab Missions and a good story mode.

Smash Ultimate had nothing.

I mean for Greg's Sake!!

Where's Break The Targets?

Where's A Boss Rush?

Where's Smash Run?

Where's Board The Platforms?

Where's Race To The Finish as a separate mode?

Where's A good story mode?

Where's decent online multiplayer you can jump into for free?

Where's anything resembling a fun game?

Where???

Where???

Where????

Falls through a roof like Squidward in one episode.

To the folks running Nick All Stars!

I want some single player modes!!

I want some Single Player Modes!!

I want some single player modes!!!

I want my Break The Targets!! I want my Race To The Finish!!

I even want Home Run Contests!!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
At least games like Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Injustice 1, and PlayStation All Stars gave me online multiplayer that you could play for free as opposed to paying 60 bucks a month for.
Last response I make to you, but PSASBR's online wasn't free - there was a free code in some physical copies, but not true free online. Also, NSO isn't 60 a month, at least where I live.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean for Greg's Sake!!

Where's A Boss Rush?

Where's Smash Run?

Where???

Where???

Where????

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. The examples listed have paid online that costs more than Smash while also having delay based netcode. This alongside throwing a fit about Steve's meat despite your avatar literally being 2 teens in bed and demanding this game which is so blatantly low budget have more content than the biggest game of one of the biggest names of an industry for an entire year should make it clear this is trolling

There was another one which includes codenames for characters not yet seen.
I haven't seen this, as it wasn't included in the initial batch directly from the site I'm assuming it's a 4chan rumour

Last edited:

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Last response I make to you, but PSASBR's online wasn't free - there was a free code in some physical copies, but not true free online. Also, NSO isn't 60 a month, at least where I live.
At least All Stars Online was functional and fast.

As opposed to slow. Laggy. Glitchy. And about as functional as my old broken toilet seat.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace

As opposed to slow. Laggy. Glitchy. And about as functional as my old broken toilet seat.
Playstation 3 having fast and functional online? Not from my own experience it wasn't.

And frankly my experience with Switch online, even with Smash, has been far better than not. But in Smash I also don't join Quick Battles or 'Ranked' because that's a huge gamble. Arenas tend to be far more stable because, typically, arenas are set up for people wanting more competitive oriented matches and they are hardwired (Mostly, but even my laggier experiences in arenas are exponentially less frequent or terrible than Quick Play/Elite Smash).

Glitchy? In what way? Never experienced 'glitches' in my online play in any Switch game.

Don't be hyperbolic to 'justify' your saltiness, yeah?

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

I mean for Greg's Sake!!

Where's A Boss Rush?

Where's Smash Run?

Where???

Where???

Where????

Nothing Smash Ultimate has:
-Personalized classic mode
-Home-run contest
-Mob smash (3 different modes century, all smash, cruel)
-World of Light
*Spirit board
-Best and most customizable stage builder ever created

And some cool multiplayer modes:
-Smash
-Squad Strike
-Smashdown
-Custom Smash
-Super Sudden death

How is all of this nothing? How?
-Tourney

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 323147
I think I came up with a possible solution to the TMNT debate, thoughts?
Seems like a waste of effort honestly and a little too jarring for my taste to have one set of turtles be their 80s self while drastically changing the other two. Just make them all 80s turtles, that'd be significantly easier to develop.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
View attachment 323147
I think I came up with a possible solution to the TMNT debate, thoughts?
I feel it would be akward to have Each Turtle be from a different one, I would rather have them all be one consistent show incarnation, plus it is easier for the developers.

Also you dind't mention the 2003 version of the Turtles, the best one.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Fun Fact: Battle Crashers was also published by GameMill
They also published...................................Big Rigs, Over the Road Racing.

.....if this game ends up beign great, then GameMill will probably have one of the best redemption arcs of this Gaming generation.

EDIT: Crape, double post.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm wondering if this whole issue about live action characters is really as big as everyone says it is.

Another game, Dead By Daylight, was able to acquire the character of Laurie Strode from Halloween but not the likeness of Jamie Lee Curtis:
View attachment 323123View attachment 323124
As long as Nick holds the full rights to the characters and changes their appearance enough to not resemble their actors (which should be easy with how cartoony this game is), then it should be fine.

Then again, I'm not a legal expert so what the hell do I know?
If the character on the boxart is indeed Live action Dora, I think this is what they're going to do. It's not going to be exactly Isabella Moner, but it's going to be a older Dora with some traits to look like her a bit.

Which make me think, if the Dora in the game is indeed a older one despite being way less iconic than the child one, this might mean that child character are harder to work with (either because ESRB, or Nick didn't want to see that) so this might hurt more the chances of Tommy and Angelica Pickles than I thought.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Umm.... yes? I mean, I think that's how it works? While we won't truly know if that is the case until we actually get our hands on the game, but unless I'm mistaken it seems pretty convincing
So yes means yes, and no means yes... and not answering, presumably, means yes?

World of Light, over a thousand spirits, adventure mode... I mean, maybe you don't like any of these, but as far as content goes, it is a helluva lot more in quantity than the games you mentioned.

...and then if the argument is about quality, then I'd argue the quality of Ultimate gameplay compared to, say, the quality of PSASBR.

Also you dind't mention the 2003 version of the Turtles, the best one.
I see somebody forgot about the iteration in Power Rangers.
Which make me think, if the Dora in the game is indeed a older one despite being way less iconic than the child one, this might mean that child character are harder to work with (either because ESRB, or Nick didn't want to see that) so this might hurt more the chances of Tommy and Angelica Pickles than I thought.
I know very little about how the ESRB makes its decisions- and if I recall, it is with a very, very loose rubric that seems to be on a case-by-case basis.
But... if Helga is fair game for being attacked, I don't see why many of these others wouldn't be.
I don't personally discriminate what type of child abuse is the worst, but it is quite a statement for the ESRB to do so.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Just been on the Discord server and everyone's hating on Lincoln Loud which I find funny and don't mind.
I’m guessing you’re talking about the NickBrawl server and not the Ludosity one, since over in Ludosity we just dunk on Loud House fans

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Using the Smash Bros. Roster Maker, I made my own predictions for the roster of this game.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Predictions.png

As you can tell, I'm not really expecting much. I only predicted 30 characters, and for a licensed platforming game, I feel like that is well over the amount of characters we could end up getting. The characters underlined in blue are starters, the characters outlined in red are unlockables, and the characters outlined in yellow are DLC.

Just as a recap, these are my current predictions:
  • SpongeBob (SpongeBob SquarePants)
  • Patrick (SpongeBob SquarePants)
  • Squidward (SpongeBob SquarePants) [unlockable]
  • Sandy (SpongeBob SquarePants)
  • Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • Donatello (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) [unlockable]
  • Raphael (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) [unlockable]
  • Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
  • Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
  • Ren (Ren & Stimpy)
  • Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
  • Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
  • Oblina (Aaahh! Real Monsters)
  • Krumm (Aahhh! Real Monsters) (unlockable)
  • Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
  • Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
  • Helga (Hey Arnold!)
  • Zim (Invader Zim)
  • CatDog (CatDog)
  • Reptar (Rugrats)
  • Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life) [unlockable]
  • Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Korra (The Legend of Korra)
  • Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius)
  • Hugh Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius), [DLC]
  • Timmy Turner (The Fairly OddParents)
  • Jenny Wakeman (My Life as a Teenage Robot) [DLC]
  • Blue (Blue's Clues) [DLC]
  • Garfield (Garfield) [DLC]
That's pretty much it. I was close to including Rudy from ChalkZone, but I went with Blue over him since I feel like we could definitely use a Nick Jr. rep.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know I said this before, but I cannot recall if it was before this thread became it's own spinoff thread (huh... how meta).

I would love if the idea of Powdered Toast Man and Reptar meant we were getting more of these iconic superhero characters.

• Monkey Man (Hey Arnold)
  • Really Really Big Man (Rocko's Modern Life)
  • Crimson Chin (Fairly Odd Parents)
  • Quailman (Doug)
  • Artie (Pete and Pete)
  • Mermaid Man (Spongebob)
  • Ultra Lord (Jimmy Neutron)
  • Superdude (All That)
  • Snap (Chalk Zone)
  • Action League Now (any of them)

There's a bunch more. I'll edit it as my brain stops eating itself for hunger. I do understand that some of these may have more issues than others.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
It's surprising how clean this game is looking.

Mikey, Reptar, Nigel, Patrick, and Ang are the mains on my list so far.

Character want list: (excluding confirmed unannounced characters at time of writing)

Otto Rocket (Rocket Power)
Tito Makani (Rocket Power)
Crimson Chin (Fairly Odd Parents)
Rudy or Snap (The Chalk Zone)
Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
Jimmy Neutron (Jimmy Neutron)

Last edited:
Top Bottom