• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wouldn't even be mad if Goddard made it in.
Sure but I think he'd be best as part of Jimmy's moveset.

Speaking of Jimmy Neutron I've seen people suggest on /v/ that Professor Calamitous should be bad at killing, which IMO seems like a better way to represent his inability to finish things than what I would've suggested: Him stopping and going "Um..." if it's detected he's comboing the opponent.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sure but I think he'd be best as part of Jimmy's moveset.

Speaking of Jimmy Neutron I've seen people suggest on /v/ that Professor Calamitous should be bad at killing, which IMO seems like a better way to represent his inability to finish things than what I would've suggested: Him stopping and going "Um..." if it's detected he's comboing the opponent.
It really is a shame that voice acting is essentially a no-go, because Calamitous and Nigel both being voiced by Tim Curry could lead to some really funny interactions.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

The reception to Nick Brawl has been so insane that they're legitmately considering DLC and post-launch support for the game. What's more, Nick is VERY receptive to the idea of this being potentially a competitive fighter and approached the Slap City devs with that intention from the get-go.

To top it off, the Slap Devs also reported that very few of their suggestions for the roster and gameplay were rejected! Which means this could be a very stacked roster full of legacy picks!

https://kotaku.com/nickelodeon-fighting-game-devs-have-high-hopes-competi-1847310415

1626480857068.png

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

The reception to Nick Brawl has been so insane that they're legitmately considering DLC and post-launch support for the game. What's more, Nick is VERY receptive to the idea of this being potentially a competitive fighter and approached the Slap City devs with that intention from the get-go.

To top it off, the Slap Devs also reported that very few of their suggestions for the roster and gameplay were rejected! Which means this could be a very stacked roster full of legacy picks!

https://kotaku.com/nickelodeon-fighting-game-devs-have-high-hopes-competi-1847310415

View attachment 323066
We can already see that with some of the more outrageous choices like Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, and Nigel Thornberry, as well as the TMNT characters using their classic designs from the 80s rather than giving them their more recent designs from the newer TMNT shows.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
While the potential lack of voice acting is a major concern, I'm not too worried about the lack of music from the shows - Slap City has a great OST and Kart Racers 2's OST really surprised me with its high quality - hell, if they reused songs from Kart Racers 2 I wouldn't even be mad.
With a PC version coming eventually I'm sure the modding scene can potentially be great here

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While I'm not expecting this game to be of the highest quality or have an some insane AAA budget, But should be a fun and wacky game to get on the cheap and just mess around during down time, Will probably get "Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated" in anticipation of this as I used to love playing it when I was 10-year old kid during the Nintendo Gamecube era.

Kind of funny that I'm genuinely semi-interested in it and will follow it somewhat closely and considering how Smash Ultimate DLC has been a major disappointment for me personally outside of Banjo-Kazooie so this game is kind of a breath of fresh air and we should probably have a much better idea what to expect out of the base roster and potentially DLC.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

View attachment 323066
Looks like someone beat me to sharing this lol. I’m seriously so pumped for this game and for those worried about certain characters from shows like Fairly Odd Parents and Jimmy Neutron, these franchises and several others have appeared in a pretty recent mobile game called Nickelodeon Pixel Town! So I don’t think getting characters from those franchises should be an issue

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
bro if they brought in modes like Break the Targets and such that probably really would kill Smash
I really don't care.

Since I've asked Sakurai a thousand times to add Break The Targets to Ultimate.

Only for him to say no while adding in things that did not need to be in Ultimate like awful online, A Story Mode that was more or less discount Smash Tour, and Steve making a punching your munchkin joke in a kids game.

And Sakurai even went so far as to not add Break The Targets during a freaking Pandemic where people were prisoners in their own house and couldn't go anywhere.

All while not bothering to just fix the online.

I say go ahead and add Break The Targets to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl.

While throwing in as many single player modes as inhumanly possible.

Smash is already gonna die after the next character gets revealed.

With Sakurai taking a 9 year vacation and Nintendo forgetting about it to make room for more boring remakes and unnecessary Pokemon spin offs.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I really don't care.

Only for him to say no while adding in things that did not need to be in Ultimate like awful online, A Story Mode that was more or less discount Smash Tour, and Steve making a punching your munchkin joke in a kids game.

And Sakurai even went so far as to not add Break The Targets during a freaking Pandemic where people were prisoners in their own house and couldn't go anywhere.

With Sakurai taking a 9 year vacation and Nintendo forgetting about it to make room for more boring remakes and unnecessary Pokemon spin offs.

Terry wanted me to ask if you're OK. Are you okay?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

You know it's not that serious, right? You don't personally know Sakurai and it's highly unlikely he lurks anywhere you use given he isn't an English speaker. The Steve's meat thing was an accident and patched out (plus if it was intentionally innuendo it seems pretty weird to complain about that in a thread for a game with these guys in it) - also, we have (or "had" could be more accurate) plenty to pass our time during the pandemic - tons of new games and the existing single player and online offerings in SSBU. Break the Targets would've changed nothing.

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
My idea for how they work is that, like, Cat would be on the left and Dog would be on the right, permanently; no amount of flicking the control stick back and forth will make them turn around. (They could maybe turn around by spotdodging or down special or something, but IDK if that would ruin the idea that I‘m going for.) They’d each have their own unique forward tilt, forward smash, dash attack, side special, grabs and throws, and side aerial that’d make them have somewhat of a different archetype depending on which side of them the opponent is on. As such, they’d be a weird sort of stance fighter that’s based on positioning instead of actually changing stances.
I absolutely love this idea. That is certainly interesting. A position based fighter.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
My idea for how they work is that, like, Cat would be on the left and Dog would be on the right, permanently; no amount of flicking the control stick back and forth will make them turn around. (They could maybe turn around by spotdodging or down special or something, but IDK if that would ruin the idea that I‘m going for.) They’d each have their own unique forward tilt, forward smash, dash attack, side special, grabs and throws, and side aerial that’d make them have somewhat of a different archetype depending on which side of them the opponent is on. As such, they’d be a weird sort of stance fighter that’s based on positioning instead of actually changing stances.
But what about the down tilt? Will it be an attack that goes both sides?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I truly hope the game turns out to be a banger. Either way I can't wait. Even if it turns out to be a bit lack luster, which doesn't appear to be the case, it'll still be a fun and meme-tastic game me and buds will play.
I'm hoping that with the surprising overwhelming postive reception and that it sells pretty/fairly well "For what it is" that it has Warner Bros/Cartoon Network revisit the idea with a sequel to "Punchtime Explosion" again with their library of classic "Cartoon Cartoons".

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

View attachment 323066
Awesome! It is great that the support and the attention its getting will allow the series to grow even more.

I really don't care.

But I like Pokemon. :c I would have liked break the targets though

I'm hoping that with the surprising overwhelming postive reception and that it sells pretty/fairly well "For what it is" that it has Warner Bros/Cartoon Network revisit the idea with a sequel to "Punchtime Explosion" again with their library of classic "Cartoon Cartoons".
I am also hoping that they give the chance to someone that ups the quality of those games.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
But what about the down tilt? Will it be an attack that goes both sides?
Yeah, their up, down, and neutral attacks would hit both sides, or centered above or below them for up and down air probably. (I don’t know enough about the show to make an actual full moveset with notable references.)

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Yeah, their up, down, and neutral attacks would hit both sides, or centered above or below them for up and down air probably. (I don’t know enough about the show to make an actual full moveset with notable references.)
Well, at least there is one move I would expect from the duo. Playing fetch with a ball, they did this all the time in the show.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I really don't care.

There's something hilarious about this when taking into account that adding a new mode isn't cheap and how you think it's awful that the entire staff didn't work like hell during the worst part of the pandemic in Japan, being upset about Steve's meat which was completely unintentional when your avatar is Deku and Yang sleeping together in a thread about a game featuring characters who've made significantly more sex jokes than Smash ever will and saying that they didn't bother to fix the online when they did improve online for 1v1s while thinking it's still reasonable for a low budget game that won't be full price to even have half as much content as Ultimate did back in 2018

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well, at least there is one move I would expect from the duo. Playing fetch with a ball, they did this all the time in the show.
The way I'd imagine this working is that Cat would throw a ball, and, when you let go of the B button, Dog launches the pair of them directly at where the ball is at that moment. Delaying Dog going after the ball would increase the move's power and also change their trajectory (since the ball keeps moving as you charge the move.) I'm not sure if this would be right special (so Cat would throw the ball over his shoulder to the right, over Dog's head) or if it would be up special (so you can throw the ball at any angle you want.)

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m curious as to how they’ll make characters from slice of life shows (Hey Arnold &… Loud House maybe? idk I haven’t seen it) fun to play or competitively viable.

The action characters (Danny, Aang, Turtles) & slapstick characters (Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy) have so much more moveset potential. I imagine it’s a lot easier to design them compared to the slice of life characters. You can sort of see this in Smash because Villager, Isabelle & Wii Fit are uhhhhhhh not fun at all lmao

Then there’s Zim who is both slapstick AND action. 😎

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m curious as to how they’ll make characters from slice of life shows (Hey Arnold &… Loud House maybe? idk I haven’t seen it) fun to play or competitively viable.

The action characters (Danny, Aang, Turtles) & slapstick characters (Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy) have so much more moveset potential. I imagine it’s a lot easier to design them compared to the slice of life characters. You can sort of see this in Smash because Villager, Isabelle & Wii Fit are uhhhhhhh not fun at all lmao

Then there’s Zim who is both slapstick AND action. 😎
Apparantly Lucy's the most technical character in the game so far and she has multiple potential recoveries including a teleport, indicating she can ****ing mix you like nothing else, we also see Lincoln use both a yoyo and a sword or something similar with Spongebob using Imagination as a common swordie anti air smash attack, I think the non fighter aspects of those characters aren't the reason you don't find them fun, they just don't jive with you, which tbf is completely fine

FreeFox

Smash Lord
When it comes to catdog, a few cute references that could be used fr moveset include: Mr. Luffa for Cat (from brother), muscular Dog (Pumped), Little Cat (Dummy, Dummy), many possibilities from Siege on Fort Catdog, attacking fleas (Flea or Die), maybe something from Safety Dog, just to name a few.

Edit: and please, no references to that one dental episode.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, Has anyone heard of the codename leak, i sadly don't have a link but i heard of this from someone on youtube.

Top Bottom