• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niagara Thread

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm planning on having it the weekend of April 11th. I'm hoping to make it 2 days, a day for each game.

buenob

Smash Lord
as long as I can get it off work (which I can if you set a date +3 weeks in advance) you can count me in for this tourney

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well I just checked up flights, if I left pretty much right after my exam ( I don't see why I wouldn't) that'd work perfectly.

Hahaha too dope.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Well I just checked up flights, if I left pretty much right after my exam ( I don't see why I wouldn't) that'd work perfectly.

Hahaha too dope.
Ha ha, no time to even relax after a plane trip, just straight to a Niagara tourney. Dedication.

P.S. Will that tourney be the revival of Negative Edge??? Stay tuned.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
it sprays the water in multiple little streams, allowing for more water to escape the head. My guess is that if your having a hot/warm shower the amount of water that hits off of your body is proportional to the amount of steam that is outputted, thus emulating the mist of Niagara Falls

weird.

But Epic

PND

Smash Champion
I don't. It's another forum I have to check, and new players won't be able to find things in the new section.

It's much less inviting to new players, and for what? For organization? I sure didn't notice any problems with the old system. Hell, if they wanted to organize it splitting us into WC and EC would have been the better way to go.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well newcomers have to read the rules first.......so they would understand the subsection.

if they don't read them, then it's their fault. I wouldn't buy a BBQ and expect to know how it works, same with these forums.

PND

Smash Champion
Really? I pretty much just turn **** on until I figure it out. I get owned, occasionally, but I think it's worth it when I realize the time I save overall by not reading instructions.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
There's a new section?

I wouldn't know. The only threads I go to are in my subscriptions, and they all happen to be regional threads.
Seriously, I don't go any where but my UserCP.

buenob

Smash Lord
i figured with all the trolling mike does in the ottawa thread I should start at least checking in here lol... ps mike is stupid :p

also cansir - I already booked FFYF2 off from work, so I can't book more time off, but if my boss is super nice I'll be able to switch my weekend shift off with someone else and I'll be able to make it down for your tournament... yeah ok, I can't make it, I just remembered I have jury duty 16th at 9am at the local court house... so... can't make it down :( really wanted to sorry

Percon

Smash Lord
Huh, didn't even see this social room. Don't think it's totally necessary but it makes sense, I guess.

Also: I'm gonna run an SWC-wide tournament to scout for new players.

buenob

Smash Lord
what's swc?

at OBscene, there's going to be probably 15 complete unknowns if they don't all bail on me... of that 9 of them don't stand a chance, and 4 will probably lose, but the other 2 I haven't played but they are old friends who taught me melee

SmashCentralOfficial

I know who all the smash players are at my school. The ones who play Brawl could probably go even with a Level 8 or 9, and the one's who play Melee are even worse.

We're playing Brawl at my after school club, and someone walks in and goes "Yo do you have Melee? I'll take anyone with Fox in Melee." So I say, "Do you l-cancel?" And everything goes silent.

This one time, someone was trying to argue that Yoshi is the best character in Melee.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
My highschool :p
tell me when this happens, i wanna go lolz

I know who all the smash players are at my school. The ones who play Brawl could probably go even with a Level 8 or 9, and the one's who play Melee are even worse.

We're playing Brawl at my after school club, and someone walks in and goes "Yo do you have Melee? I'll take anyone with Fox in Melee." So I say, "Do you l-cancel?" And everything goes silent.

This one time, someone was trying to argue that Yoshi is the best character in Melee.
yoshi is da best, he has da best shield

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Most people I play go:

"Wait, why are you turning items off?"
"Go to the WarioWare! That map is the best." (Yes... someone called it a MAP. What is this, Starcraft?)

SmashCentralOfficial

LMFAO MY FRIEND ZACK CALLS THEM "MAPS" and "TRACKS".

He's not a scrub though. He plays weekly with all of us so he's just as good as us. Brutal Samus.

nasir123

Smash Ace
Max, I would love to help you host a SWC tournament, I remember playing this one Kirby who wasn't too bad.

AYAZ EDIT: this is Ayaz........yet again

Top Bottom