• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niagara Thread

KingAce

Smash Ace
forget the melee sauga tourny, nobody that plays brawl is gonna goto that melee sauga event over a big tourny in niagara. they dont even have a date yet so yea max, dont let the melee tourny decide when you want your tourny to be.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Don't push it to Nov Max. Nobody in the Melee scene is gonna give a crap about a braw tourney on the same day. There's more Brawlers than Melee-ers anyway.

I'm itching for the next tournament. If its October, there's a better chance of people coming out. November will be colder and more annoying... especially for the peopel traveling far. October would be great, especially if we can pursuade some of the yanks to come.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you can get a venue soon and put a write-up on smashboards under the tournament listings and canada subforums that wud be great. maybe we can convince some americans to come if they rnt too far away from niagara. if you need help with the venue or any other **** to get this tourny set up just msg me or gimme a pm

Percon

Smash Lord
I think I've got a GREAT venue. I'm going thursday to confirm. It's only 75$ for the venue, though the may be a few catches.

though the weekend I wanted it is taken... so either I need to move it nov 8th or to the sunday of thanksgving weekend.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you can get a venue soon and put a write-up on smashboards under the tournament listings and canada subforums that wud be great. maybe we can convince some americans to come if they rnt too far away from niagara. if you need help with the venue or any other **** to get this tourny set up just msg me or gimme a pm
ye i agree, we def gotta get some of those americans especially rochester guys to come out, maybe even get some from montreal or ottawa'

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think I've got a GREAT venue. I'm going thursday to confirm. It's only 75$ for the venue, though the may be a few catches.

though the weekend I wanted it is taken... so either I need to move it nov 8th or to the sunday of thanksgving weekend.
Hmm, Thanksgiving weekend sounds pretty sick. Considering they're no school the next day, I should be good.

I'll rage if I have a family get together on the Sunday though :ohwell:

Miller

Smash Lord
Nate, there will still be one for you in december, If no one else plans it, i will

it would be dope if some of the montrealers could come out :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm already planning a huge tournament in december. I talked about it before Nate even left. ;) It's going to be in the student lounge at Durham College. I know everyone likes LEATHER <3

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Funny conversation today.

Me: So dad, do you know if we're doing anything on the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend?

*awkward silence*

Dad: Anth, you're not going to a tournament on Thanksgiving weekend.

So it's probably better for me personally if the tourny was on Nov. 8. But if the tourny does end up being on Thanksgiving Sunday, I'll continue to force my dad to let me go :p

PND

Smash Champion
If it's November 8th count me in, in all probability with a carload or two full of Ottawa players.

Stage striking? :p

Miller

Smash Lord
I'm already planning a huge tournament in december. I talked about it before Nate even left. ;) It's going to be in the student lounge at Durham College. I know everyone likes LEATHER <3
K, thanks Niko, It would probably be better in Toronto, since its a more general location that people from Ottawa/Montreal can make it to without that extra hour or two (depending of trafic) car ride.

linksta888

Smash Apprentice
So is anything happening like, this Friday that me and my buddy could go to? We only play Melee though, incase all you guys play is brawl.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Maybe, depends. Max/Percon is the only one who can house lots of people over. btw. When we have practice Linksta, we ALWAYS bust Melee. Last time I went I pretty much only played Melee, lol. So just show up. Melee WILL be played. Just look for the next date when he posts for practice. The majority of Niagara still play Melee.

Come out and show us yours skills. We need more Niagara smashers.

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah its so true, we started playing a lot of melee towards the end of that nights practice lol. Hopefully Max wouldn't mind having us over again for more smash :)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If you guys are doing anything this weekend I won't be coming. I have outbreak of the cold right now. I guess its from the drop in temps. But ye I rather not come and get you all sick.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'll ask my mom if I can host people in her house while I'm down for the weekend. If not there then I'll ask my grandparents. They will be so happy to see me I doubt that they're going to care.

Percon

Smash Lord
That would be SUPER helpful Niko.

You think you can host Ottawa (payback for living up there for a week) and I can host Montreal (gotta pay them back for housing me at FFYF)?

Sliq

Smash Master
ATTENTION!

I will be moving back to the Buffalo area starting this Monday, Sept. 22. I will be interning at Fisher Price again until the 1st week of December.

Keep me up to date on the tournament scene and any smashfests.

Top Bottom