• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Jem.

Smash Master
I've never heard an espn person say Kobe was better than MJ.. Most get super sensitive about the subject. See: Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Comparing anyone to MJ is a joke. They blew up about people comparing Lebron to MJ after one ring.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've never heard an espn person say Kobe was better than MJ.. Most get super sensitive about the subject. See: Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Comparing anyone to MJ is a joke. They blew up about people comparing Lebron to MJ after one ring.
I thought this was the NFL thread.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're talking about the present. As I said, when Kobe was in his prime. Mark Jackson, TNT Crew, Michael Wilbon. They've all had their moments when they just suddenly blurt out "Kobe is better than MJ" after Kobe has one of those great performances.

Jem.

Smash Master
So who do you guys got Sunday Night? If someone put a gun to your head and made you put a serious wager on the game.

Interesting stats

SF is 5-0 on primetime this year
Sea is 6-0 at home
SF has yet to win 3 games in a row this year (This would be the 3rd if they won)
Kaepernick and RW having some of the best QB ratings, with Russell Wilson having the highest QBR in the NFL since week 5 I believe
The 49ers have allowed a league-low 218 points – one fewer than the Seahawks
The 49ers rank second in the league in rushing offense, while the Seahawks are No. 3
The 49ers rank second in the league in total defense, while the Seahawks are third.
The Seahawks rank No. 3 in the league is passing defense, while the 49ers are No. 5

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
lions are sooo much better than their record says
I agree. How many close games did Detroit lose this year?

-Barely lost to the Titans in week 3. A bad snap in an attempt to draw Tennessee offsides failed terribly. I think the replacement refs spotted the ball wrong in that game as well on a penalty.
-Could have defeated the Texans on Thanksgiving, but got jipped on a TD call. Hanson also missed a FG to win it.
-Almost had the Colts beat at home, but lost on the final play.

....that's about all I can think of since I haven't honestly watched that many Lions games this year, but didn't they have the lead on Green Bay at home until the final two minutes?

Either way, even if those games were all wins, the Lions wouldn't have likely earned a record to make the playoffs anyways. This year was bad because a good chunk of their losses were similiar to the Lions before 2011, which was finding a way to blow each game one way or another. It's like that curse is back again despite the fact that Detroit came back in a lot of games last season, won 10 games, and made the playoffs.

Congrats to Calvin Johnson on earning the record for most receiving yards in a season. I wonder how much more yardage he'll tack onto it next week against Chicago?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Could've, would've, should've. Dallas would be 12-2 at this point if they didn't blow all those close games from earlier in the season. 49ers would be undefeated if they didn't miss game winning FGs or fumble in their own endzone.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Colts would be... Yeah, we've been more lucky than unlucky in close games and got blown out in all but 1 loss :B

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i mean i wasnt saying they deserved to win those games or theyre better than most of the teams, i just think theyre better than what people give them credit for

Jem.

Smash Master
Seattle's D, although 2nd in points allowed, coughed up late leads @ Det, @ Mia, @ Ari, and nearly blew the @ Chicago game with that 54 yard bomb to Marshall. and then it reminded me: No lead is ever safe with the Seahawks. 1st and 10 on their own 15, 20 seconds left, up 3, AND YOU THINK YOUR TEAM HAS SEALED THE GAME? How dare you think that if you're a Seahawks fan.. Once the Bears game went to overtime it was just like *Facepalm*. I was bracing for the possibility of the Seahawks coughing up the game and season right there, but luckily Russell Wilson saved the day

Jem.

Smash Master
Richard Sherman claiming the cup or seal of the cup was broken. He is still convinced he never took adderall, guess he's meaning somehow Browner's got mixed up in there too. Regardless, if he was able to prove it was broken, he might actually get his whole suspension lifted or atleast reduced to 1-2 games. He's from Stanford so he's a smart guy.. he's legendary if he was able to pull it off

Jem.

Smash Master
"Pull it off"? You make it sound like you know he's guilty, but want him to not be guilty lol.
I'm not the typical homer. Winston Guy, a Rookie on our team, got busted earlier in the year on adderall. Then Browner and Sherman. All 3 secondary players. I just find it hard to believe. Part of me feels like that excuse was to ensure he can play vs the 49ers. But hey, he still stands by he never put adderall in his body. The only way to get out of it would be his excuse, NFL doesnt care how it gets in your body unless they messed up. In Sherman's defense though, he's looked the exact same while "off" adderall. If he did take it my theory is he took it for the MNF game since it was from September. Big game, maybe he wanted an edge or something. But even since then he's looked like the same player, so maybe he really didn't. Hard to say, Sherman showboats sometimes during games so I struggle to get a good read on him XD

Peeze

Smash Master
Go Vikings!

Cowboys lost. Now just gotta focus on the pack next week. And if the niner's beat the hawks tonight, i dont think the Pack will have much to play for.

Sorry gem, but i'm rooting for the niners here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol. It is impossible to win at Seattle.

So 49ers can still win next week and lock up the division right? I wonder if Seattle will play the 49ers in the playoffs.

Also, been watching the 49ers all season. Kaep has some serious issues with snapping the ball on time.

:phone:

prisonchild

Smash Ace
week 17 vikings win/bears loss guarantees vikes make playoffs (also i think washington has to beat dallas and stay on top of their division). if their defense plays like they did today then we got this...

pumped.

two NFC north matchups too!

Jem.

Smash Master
So.. the Seahawks beat the 49ers that badly with Rice and Tate only having 3 total catches.

One brave man became very rich in Vegas tonight.

Does anyone want to play the Seahawks right now? Richard Sherman in post-game said he is incredibly optimistic that his suspension will be removed. And we dont even have pro-bowler Browner out there.. We're down to the #4 and #5 CB playing with Richard Sherman. Incredible.

On a serious note: Kaepernick struggles vs good defenses. Lost to the Rams, lost to the Seahawks, Bears were meh. That is why I said I wouldnt be surprised if the 49ers lose their first game in the post-season.

Russell Wilson deserves to be ROTY. I'd like to see Luck and RG3 play in the NFC West, where all the defenses are tougher than their whole divisions defense except for maybe the Texans, but they got kinda schooled today too by the Vikes.

SEA!!! HAWKS!! Awesome time to be from Seattle. I have no doubt that they are fully capable of walking into Dallas or Washington round 1 if they have to and get out with a win. They are playing hot like fire.

Jem.

Smash Master
It's like talking to Skip Bayless about Tim Tebow.
So, going 11/13 on third down vs the best defense in the NFL.. Is that not a tribute to a great QB?

You'd be surprised the popular names saying Russell Wilson should be OROTY on twitter already. Who have the Redskins beat that are threatening? The Ravens mid-slide babystepping their way into the post-season? The sliding Giants once? Luck has like 25 turnovers. That's not "of the year" for any caliber.

Russell Wilson: 15/21, 171 yards, 4 TDS, 1 INT. 97.6 QBR, 115.3 NFL rating, 11/13 on 3rd down. Those are elite numbers vs the #1 defense in the NFL.

Speaking of Skip Bayless.. 2 hours ago "Unreal throw by Russell Wilson. I never thought he could be this good, especially this quickly. "

Top Bottom