• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
TY Hilton.

But I don't play fantasy, so what do I know?

Also, Kaepernick is going to get molested by Belichik. But the Seahawks are losing to the Bills and SF is winning in Seatle anyway.

Reizilla

What happened there at the end? The recap thing was pretty vague and I don't get it.

Never mind. Found the recap.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm sorry, what now?

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Flaco is by comparison. :troll:

Smooth Criminal
Flaco is in the AFC north, the best worst division in football this year.

Except for the Afc West. No even the Broncos' win streak can make up for the utter garbage the rest of the division is.

Also:

Seahawks NFC

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. 49ers (10-3-1), vs. Rams (6-7-1)

CLINCHING SCENARIOS: Seattle clinches a playoff spot with: 1) SEA win OR; 2) CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss or tie + WAS tie OR; 3) SEA tie + giants loss + CHI loss or tie OR; 4) SEA tie + giants loss + MIN loss or tie OR; 5) SEA tie + CHI loss or tie + MIN loss or tie OR; 6) SEA tie + DAL loss + WAS loss + CHI loss or tie OR; 7) SEA tie + DAL loss + WAS loss + MIN loss or tie OR; 8) CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss.

My head.

Reizilla

The Rams are 4-0-1 in their division, aren't they? I'd be a little scared if the Seahawks down beat the 49ers.

Jem.

Smash Master
The Rams are 4-0-1 in their division, aren't they? I'd be a little scared if the Seahawks down beat the 49ers.
Everyone used the Cardinals as an example and their 3rd ranked pass defense "Seattle lost the first time to AZ, don't be surprised if they lose to them in Sea!". Yes, AZ's Pass defense was ranked 3rd when coming into Seattle. And RW torched it for 150 yards super quick before not needing to try anymore.

It'll be tough, but Seattle is probably by far the most improved team in the NFL since earlier in the season except for maybe the Broncos. Seattle's offense has evolved heavily since all 3 of their divisional matchups. Seattle has shown no reason to believe they'd drop two straight home games. They lost by 4 to STL despite turning it over 3 times, once in their own territory. And STL's only TD coming on a fake field goal.

Reizilla

I'm just saying those Rams have been doing the opposite of what everyone expects (good and bad) all season.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm just saying those Rams have been doing the opposite of what everyone expects (good and bad) all season.
And people expected Russell Wilson to have a real shot at rookie of the year? And hell, if Seattle keeps playing how they are, I see no reason to believe they wouldnt have a shot to go far in the playoffs. If RW closes out these last two games, I don't see a way you cant give him rookie of the year.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the 49ers will lose in Seattle, but close out the division against Arizona. RW is legit, and Lynch can punish the 49ers. Plus, 49ers D-Line is banged up, and missing Justin Smith can have a big impact.

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm curious how the 49ers come out too after a big emotional tough win in New England. Brady had 90+ snaps on that D. We'll see if Lynch can get some wear and tear off them. If they seal the division and potentially #2 seed in Seattle, I'll be heavily impressed as a Seahawks fan and expect them to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. But Seattle is still playing to get in the post-season.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The defense would be weak if you your offense keeps going 3 and out the entire second half. Collin Kaep turned into Alex Smith -2.0 with all those check downs.

Jem.

Smash Master
And then I said to myself

"AND THIS IS WHY YOU SCORE 50+ EVERY WEEK IF YOU CAN" not trying to deal with Brady and other guys having furious comebacks

mood4food77

Smash Hero

Jem.

Smash Master
The biggest travesty is forgetting how sexy Seattle's Defense was. As some (Steve Young) said, that was one of the all-time great defensive performances that MNF has ever seen and people forget that due to the final play of the game

Jem.

Smash Master
Lol at all time. I love Steve Young as much as the next guy, but there have been far more dominating defensive performances.
Tell me how many times you've seen an Elite QB get sacked 8 times in one half on Monday Night Football.. And a lot of those sacks were stellar plays by Irvin and Clemons. Holding Aaron Rodgers to 12 points when IIRC they had the ball more is pretty impressive. I'll always remember being at that game, lol.

That game doesnt even seem like this year since the Hawks have changed and improved so much. It's always like "Damn, that team doesn't even look the same as it does now"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tell me how many times you've seen an Elite QB get sacked 8 times in one half on Monday Night Football.. And a lot of those sacks were stellar plays by Irvin and Clemons. Holding Aaron Rodgers to 12 points when IIRC they had the ball more is pretty impressive. I'll always remember being at that game, lol.

That game doesnt even seem like this year since the Hawks have changed and improved so much. It's always like "Damn, that team doesn't even look the same as it does now"
49ers pummeled the Steelers last year on MNF 24-3. Big Ben had 3 interceptions, heavily pressured, and sacked 4 times.

Chicago held the Lions earlier this year to a score of 13-7.

Dallas had 5 INTs against Chicago, with 2 leading to TDs. Also held their running game to 2 YPC.

And this is all just from recent memory. We tend to all be prisoners of the moment when we see something incredible. You being at the game only heightens that. However, to chalk it up as "all time" is asinine. Maybe all time Seattle MNF performance. However, MNF has been going on since 1970, and so, there is more than likely a HUGE list of great performances. "All time" is being used too liberally here. At this point, this "all time" list might just include a grand total of 100 games or something rather than 5 or 10.

Finally, I'm no big fan of GB, but even I'd admit that they were not playing their best football earlier in the year.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess Jon Gruden and Steve Young have no idea what they were talking about. And Big Ben was really battered up in the 49ers one last year and shouldn't have even played. And Cowboys are always overrated nowadays! I was at the 2006 MNF game where the Hawks pitched a shutout vs the Raiders.. Wasn't impressive because it was the Raiders!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gotta hype it somehow. Don't get me wrong, still a "A" rated defensive performance, but I would not jump and put it in the top 5 or something, until I've looked at all other great performances.

Reizilla

Wasn't Steve Young the one saying you needed two hands on the ball and to bring it to your chest to have possession? I'm sure he knows exactly where it ranks among great defensive performances. Not to mention, that was when people were still assuming that the GB offense would be as good as it was last year, when it was no where close early in the season.

Jem.

Smash Master
Wasn't Steve Young the one saying you needed two hands on the ball and to bring it to your chest to have possession? I'm sure he knows exactly where it ranks among great defensive performances. Not to mention, that was when people were still assuming that the GB offense would be as good as it was last year, when it was no where close early in the season.
Seattle's offense had much more valid excuses for starting slow.. Take this how you will: Not only did Russell Wilson have to share snaps throughout training camp/pre-season with Matt Flynn.. but he had to share them with.. *hurls in mouth* Tavaris Jackson. He clearly wasn't in sync enough with the offense and it showed early on. People always are like "Seattle has a top defense!" But anyone who watches the game realizes it's the Seahawks offense carrying the team this year. I'm still convinced if RW does fine these last two games, he should be offensive rookie of the year.

Reizilla

I didn't say anything about their offense? I was referring to the all time great defensive performances comment.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Prisoner of the moment. Nothing else has to be said. If we didn't have analysts or commentators say "this is one of the best..." then it would just dull TV ratings. Imagine hearing Steve Young say "Now hold on here, I thought this was a great performance, but let's not forget about...blah blah". At the end of the day, the NFL is all about entertainment, and that trickles down (or up?) to the commentators and analysts as well.

I mean, good lord. How many times have I heard someone on ESPN say during Kobe Bryant's prime that "he's better than MJ"?

Top Bottom