• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The Seahawks have been my personal dark horse team, so I'm not surprised if they come out of the NFC. But I just get annoyed by people who meat ride one thing or another.

Put RW on the Colts, and they aren't as good. Put RW on the Redskins, and they aren't as good. Put Luck or RG3 on the Hawks, and they are golden. Any QB can play with a defense + elite RB like that. Ask Alex Smith. Luck doesn't have an RB to benefit from, so teams are looking to stop him. His team won 2 games last year, his team's defense is shoddy, and he's had just as many comebacks as any other QB in the NFL. Look at his turnovers all you want, but...

All he does is win.

RG3, another guy who was playing with a shaky defense the entire time. He's kept them in more games, and has been clutch as well. He has HAD to keep his turnovers down, or lord knows where the Skins' record would be.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I have no idea which way Russell Wilson was ever going when he scrambled last night. I thought he was gonna rack up 100 yards in sacks on just 4-5 plays. @.@

In other news, pretty much had my best week in Weekly Pick 'Ems (poor man's fantasy). 13-3, would have been 14-2 if I had trusted the Ravens at home ;_; Oh well, next week should be a ton easier.

Jem.

Smash Master
How do you know how RG3 and Luck would play against the NFC West? Which is arguably the best division. No one plays defense like the NFC West.

I'm just saying, who have the Redskins beat that are impressive? The mid-slide Giants and Ravens? NO ONE expected a destroying of the 49ers tonight.. I'm just saying I'd like to see RG3 and Luck play 3 good defenses 6 times a year in the division alone. The Seahawks offense didn't get carried again tonight. RW carried the game. I dislike when people go "Well look at his running back, look at the defense" If RG3 did this to the 49ers with identical stats, everyone would have mega boners "oh wow RG3 the best!" RG3 or RW should be rookie of the year. I could give two ****s about yards. Luck turns the ball over at a Mark Sanchez rate and most his comebacks had to happen because he put his team in that position.

Tavitoes

Smash Cadet
That guy from the Lions, the runningback (I forgot his name) is about to break the record for rushing (in a single season). He only has 10 yards to go. Can someone help me remember his name?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
That guy from the Lions, the runningback (I forgot his name) is about to break the record for rushing (in a single season). He only has 10 yards to go. Can someone help me remember his name?
If you mean wide receiver that'd be calvin johnson and he got it

if you mean running back that'd be the Vikings and Peterson, but I think he has more than 10 yards left to go?

:phone:

Tavitoes

Smash Cadet
If you mean wide receiver that'd be calvin johnson and he got it

if you mean running back that'd be the Vikings and Peterson, but I think he has more than 10 yards left to go?

:phone:
Yeah, Calvin Johnson. I checked. He only has 10 yards to go. He got 81 in his last game.

Peterson, I have no idea. Maybe I have my facts mixed up lol

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Yeah, Calvin Johnson. I checked. He only has 10 yards to go. He got 81 in his last game.

Peterson, I have no idea. Maybe I have my facts mixed up lol
I think you mean Peterson got 81 (86) yards against the Texans, and he has a little over 200 yards to break that record. Calvin Johnson already broke both the franchise and NFL record for receiving yards.

so if the hawks come to Lambeau can we just cancel the game and call it a bye?

p sure you owe us one :glare:
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/images/684_467.jpg

M@v

Subarashii!
AP only needs a little bit to get 2,000 and join the 2k club, which is only like 6-7 people. The record is like 2,100 something.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How do you know how RG3 and Luck would play against the NFC West? Which is arguably the best division. No one plays defense like the NFC West.
PFFT.

I'm just saying, who have the Redskins beat that are impressive? The mid-slide Giants and Ravens? NO ONE expected a destroying of the 49ers tonight.. I'm just saying I'd like to see RG3 and Luck play 3 good defenses 6 times a year in the division alone. The Seahawks offense didn't get carried again tonight. RW carried the game. I dislike when people go "Well look at his running back, look at the defense" If RG3 did this to the 49ers with identical stats, everyone would have mega boners "oh wow RG3 the best!" RG3 or RW should be rookie of the year. I could give two ****s about yards. Luck turns the ball over at a Mark Sanchez rate and most his comebacks had to happen because he put his team in that position.
Man, your homerism's showing. that last line is actually a good indicator that Luck is helping to better his team, by the way.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I don't think the 49ers are all that to be honest. When you give up a 28 point lead, Pats or no Pats, you still have a liability on defense and that just showed more against the Seahawks. Same thing with the Texans, really. It's funny that Christian Ponder did so well against them, because he's obviously a better game manager than a drop-back, throw 50 times QB and Matt Schaub is supposed to be even better at that (though Schaub can do both). In both the 49ers' and Texans' defense though, both QBs were running for their lives a bit more often than they anticipated.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If there's anything I've learned in recent years of the NFL, it does matter if you are hot or not. Right now, teams like the 49ers, Patriots, and Texans are struggling and lacking consistency. Teams like Seattle and GB are on the rise, and are looking to be the favorites coming out of the NFC. Especially given that no one wants to put their money on ATL lol.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pretty sure the Patriots have been relatively inconsistent all season, and yeah the losing games have been one possession games but aside from Brady, I can't really say anyone has been strong since the start (and we lost to the Cardinals).

The Packers on the other hand have looked good since week 1. They've lost close games against good teams - except when they got ***** by the Giants. Just keep Rodgers off early next week and they'll be good.

Jem.

Smash Master
If Richard Sherman wins his appeal (Which he has said he is incredibly optimistic that he is going to) Seahawks will make the NFC Championship game. 49ers can cry Justin Smith, well the Seahawks are playing without pro-bowler Brandon Browner and the #3-#4 CB on the depth chart too.. They're on 5 and 6 on the depth chart with Maxwell and Lane and still ballin. If they get to play with Browner and Sherman in the post-season.. That's gonna be sick nasty. I still think they can contest even if we've seen the last of Sherman, Browner goes hard too.

I'm not that interested in the AFC. All I want to see is Broncos vs Pats. All the other matchups I could care less about. All the NFC matchups intrigue me more than all the AFC ones barring Broncos-Pats rematch.

Random Seattle stat of the morning: They have beaten every playoff bound team they've gone against. (1-1 with the 49ers) every other playoff bound team they beat.

M@v

Subarashii!
If Richard Sherman wins his appeal (Which he has said he is incredibly optimistic that he is going to) Seahawks will make the NFC Championship game. 49ers can cry Justin Smith, well the Seahawks are playing without pro-bowler Brandon Browner and the #3-#4 CB on the depth chart too.. They're on 5 and 6 on the depth chart with Maxwell and Lane and still ballin. If they get to play with Browner and Sherman in the post-season.. That's gonna be sick nasty. I still think they can contest even if we've seen the last of Sherman, Browner goes hard too.

I'm not that interested in the AFC. All I want to see is Broncos vs Pats. All the other matchups I could care less about. All the NFC matchups intrigue me more than all the AFC ones barring Broncos-Pats rematch.

Random Seattle stat of the morning: They have beaten every playoff bound team they've gone against. (1-1 with the 49ers) every other playoff bound team they beat.

Broncos pats? More like Broncos vs Colts would be the best AFC playoff game. Master vs Apprentice pretty much. That's the AFC game I want to see.

Also I'd pick seattle as the NFC rep for the super bowl, if it wasn't for the fact that no rookie QB has ever made it there, let alone win it. Then again, we have 2, possibly 3, rookie QBs that will be in the playoffs, so there are higher odds this time.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Also I'd pick seattle as the NFC rep for the super bowl, if it wasn't for the fact that no rookie QB has ever made it there, let alone win it. Then again, we have 2, possibly 3, rookie QBs that will be in the playoffs, so there are higher odds this time.
You forgot about Ray Rice.

Jem.

Smash Master
Broncos pats? More like Broncos vs Colts would be the best AFC playoff game. Master vs Apprentice pretty much. That's the AFC game I want to see.

The scary part is, I keep telling myself the next game wont be a blow-out.. But then it keeps happening.. And to a good freaking team in the 49ers.. Even if Sherman can't play again this year, I have so much hope in the offense the way they play.

Jem.

Smash Master
Seahawks are less intimidating on the road though.
Their road record is pedestrian, but the most they have lost by is 7. Every game was a one possession game. And the Seahawks are so different since then. No team should think they have an easy win vs the Seahawks even if they're at home. And as Pete Carroll said, our road record doesnt matter once you make it to January.

Something tells me 31 other teams fanbase iare going to be really mad when Sherman wins his appeal. "Wow he shouldnt even get to play this is BS" not wanting to see the best corner in all of the NFL in January ;D He's a got a good defense that got Ryan Braun off his 50 game MLB suspension..

His case simplified: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H4na5NeUxU

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

I want to slap you.

EDIT WHERE'S MY PADDLE GUYS

Jem.

Smash Master
Naw I'm the leader of the Seahawks fanbase, I'm not a bandwagoner. I have a signed Pro Bowl jersey of Hasselbeck by Hasselbeck, and a signed Russell Wilson Seahawks home jersey signed by Russell Wilson. Hawks till I die, but I definitely predicted Sherman would win his appeal all week!

Jem.

Smash Master
Haven't decided if I'd rather my Hawks play wildcard weekend if seeds stay the same Dallas or Washington. I think they can win at either. Go against the rookie with a defense that isnt that good, or play Romo who has known to choke but isn't a rookie? Dez Bryant is kind of a beast lately, I'm sure Sherman could handle him though. Washington's #1 rushing game would be annoying though.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its Tony Romo.

In the playoffs.

NEED I REMIND YOU HOW TONY'S LAST GAME VS THE SEAHAWKS IN THE PLAYOFFS WENT?!

It was one of the most hillarious things ever.

TL:DR hope for romo.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Haven't decided if I'd rather my Hawks play wildcard weekend if seeds stay the same Dallas or Washington. I think they can win at either. Go against the rookie with a defense that isnt that good, or play Romo who has known to choke but isn't a rookie? Dez Bryant is kind of a beast lately, I'm sure Sherman could handle him though. Washington's #1 rushing game would be annoying though.
Did not know you owned the Seahawks. Props.

Broncos are going to win it all.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Its Tony Romo.

In the playoffs.

NEED I REMIND YOU HOW TONY'S LAST GAME VS THE SEAHAWKS IN THE PLAYOFFS WENT?!

It was one of the most hillarious things ever.

TL:DR hope for romo.
tony romo has a playoff win under his belt

i'm rooting for the redskins, packers, and lions this week so the giants have hope

the big one is the lions beating the bears, i don't see it happening

Top Bottom