• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

M@v

Subarashii!
What's even worse than that is that the jets are the 8th seed out of 16 teams in the AFC this year.

Yeah, the AFC is THAT bad.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
AFC still has the best 3 teams in the league, so it doesn't really matter.

Jem.

Smash Master
I dislike that new article on Russell Wilson on ESPN. It makes it sound like "Ohhh everyone knew how good Russell Wilson was going to be, many teams wanted him!"

Proud of my mannn Russell Wilson though, highest QBR since week 5. Can see his improvement week to week. Literally hurt Brian Urlacher because of having to chase him down.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
I can't believe the giants lost to the skins.

I'm a giants fan and I was completely surrounded by skins fans for the first time ever cheering by myself. The girl I went with was a skins fan. I was deff a great experience besides the loss.

Giants are one of the most dramatic teams in the past 5 years.

Seahawks are having a hell of a season!

I picked up Russel Wilson for fantasy playoffs... I start Andrew luck but hes plays Texans twice still

I still might just keeping start Luck tho

Fantasy bye week!! the pot is 1200 900 1st 200 2nd 100rd

M@v

Subarashii!
I've been pulling for Russell since I watched him in the pre-season. I was surprised he started off slow in the regular season, but I feel that was moreseo Pete holding him on a leash until he was sure he was transitioning to actual games well.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll said they were purposely holding the offense back so that he could take it all in. Also, Golden Tate didn't play week 1 vs AZ, so that game there weren't many weapons at all haha.

This week when the offensive coordinator talked to the media, the first thing they media said was "So it seems like the playbook is opened up" filled with laughs and a "Yep" Seahawks ran the read option 6 times in overtime vs the Bears, the final play being a read option fake into play action pass.

He'd be getting even more media attention if the Hawks D didnt choke up 3 road games, and nearly a 4th. What they did at the end of Chicago they have done multiple times. Was Bears-Hawks the 1 PM America's game of the week or something? Seems like a lot of people saw it. The Seahawks D is actually ranked near-last in the 4th quarter, as evident by letting AZ, Det, and Mia go on game winning drives late. The Hawks have had a lead in every game this season. It's funny that it was supposed to be the defense carrying the offense this year, but it has definitely been the opposite.. I am now more comfortable with the Seahawks offense on the field than the Seahawks D.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Seahawks 58, Cardinals 0.

Holy **** I haven't seen that bad a game since the Patriots pooped on the Titans I think it was a couple seasons back.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Officially adding Cardinals to the list of teams I hate this year.

Thanks to them and the Chiefs, just can't call the Eagles the worst team in the league =/

Yes, I know the Eagles won today, kthx.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
giants scored 52 points on the saints (finally blew them out)

but that seahawks game.....that shouldn't be talked about

Jem.

Smash Master
Seahawks D got me 41 points and unless Arian Foster gets 25 points tomorrow, I got a first round playoff upset in fantasy football over the #1 seed.

Arizona's #7 overall defense got exposed. All I heard was "Russell Wilson struggles vs good defenses like the NFC West" He lit them the F up before we started winning so badly we sandbagged for half the game. Not to mention dat run game.

Also after today I think everyone is glad Richard Sherman is delaying his appeal even further and will be playing vs the 49ers guaranteed. Yeah, not a good QB, but he put in work on Fitz all day including the pick six read.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Don't remind me of that game :^(

Also, in a recent AMA on reddit, some one asked Alfred Morris if he'd rather fight 100 duck-sized JJ Watts or 1 Horse sized Clay Matthews.

This was one of the submitted pictures:

Jem.

Smash Master
NFL moved San Fran @ Seattle week 16 to Sunday Night Football. Hype. If the Seahawks beat the Bills and the Patriots beat the 49ers on Sunday, Seattle controls their destiny for the division title since beating the 49ers would put them a half game lead going into Week 17. Pleaseeee Tom Brady light up the 49ers in Foxborough on Sunday..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Something tells me the 49ers are gonna get blown out by the Pats. The Pats are the class of the NFL right now. Averaging 50 some points per game for the last 5 games or whatever it is. No D can stop that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I was sad that I'd miss out on the Patriots / Texans game since I knew it'd be close but I had to study for finals.

Turns out it was smarter to study than to watch anyhow lol.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
who should i start this week?

David Wilson away vs ATL
NFC player of the week
Special teams player of the week

or

Steven Ridley at home vs SF
over 1,000 rush yards and 10 TDs
5 TDs in the last 5 games.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm in a league that scores return yardage

it's so dumb, i abuse the living hell out of it

wilson got me 50.70 points last week

50.70!!!!!!

allowing my team to score a league record 177.36 points

return yardage is dumb

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I really hope this never happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...er-goodell-nfl-considering-expanding-playoffs

The NFL playoff format of 12 teams, with 6 from each conference is perfect the way it is. The current system rewards the best teams in each conference with a bye for playing great the whole season, while the wildcard round generally has great teams.

Expanding the playoffs rewards bad teams to make the playoffs. Who really wants to see the Broncos vs. the Browns, or the Bears vs. the Rams. Just some pointless games, and these pointless games can lead to injuries with an expanded season, which could water down the the more important games, such as the Conference Championships, or even the Super Bowl.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its really simple why he(as in Goodell) wants it changed:

Also, who do I start:
Jeremy Maclin (Eagles) vs bengals
Josh Gordon (Browns) vs redskins
Antonio Brown (Steelers, WR/returner) vs cowboys
T.Y.Hilton? (WR/Returner) vs texans
Return yards count.

Only pick one, because my other starting receiver is A.J.Green, lol

Jem.

Smash Master
The 49ers better hope and pray they beat New England and that the Seahawks lose the Bills. No way do the 49ers want to come to Seattle with the division on the line. SF @ SEA Sunday Night Football week 16 is going to be the best game of the year with Seattle improving a lot. Kaepernick vs Russell Wilson? Hype

Jem.

Smash Master
For the Non-NFC Westers who dont know the scenario: If Seattle beats Buffalo and New England beats the 49ers, Seattle shares the control / destiny of what happens in the division. SF would come into Seattle with a half game lead, and if Seattle wins they would have to beat the Rams week 17 in Seattle and they would win the division. Although if the Patriots dont beat the 49ers the division is pretty much over since i dont expect AZ to beat SF week 17

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Also, who do I start:
Jeremy Maclin (Eagles) vs bengals
Josh Gordon (Browns) vs redskins
Antonio Brown (Steelers, WR/returner) vs cowboys
T.Y.Hilton? (WR/Returner) vs texans
Return yards count.

Only pick one, because my other starting receiver is A.J.Green, lol
Trade Maclin and Hilton for C.J. Spiller.

Top Bottom