• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Smash! - Toms River, NJ - Aug 30, 08. RESULTS POSTED

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
im not coming anymore
why not chibo?

Alright, well I guess everyone who's there before 1:30 will complain. Seriously, this rule is way too ****ing gay, and no reason he can give will convince me that it's a reasonable decision. I'd understand this maybe for an online tourney, but seriously, something offline with prize money? Some of us are actually serious about winning, and don't want to throw $10 out for nothing.
I understand where your coming from but please remember.. im not the host.. and there will be an impact tournament this september/october with Standard SBR rulesets..

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow you HAVE to ban Green Greens. If you don't I'm going to play you there with DDD and show you why. It's an automatic infinite on 4 SIDES. I'd rather not have to play as DDD for half the tourney, because everyone is going to abuse that stage if you leave it on.

EDIT: Slight chance I can make singles ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
why not chibo?
as you know i was originally not going to any tourneys this weekend, but found that i was free early sat but had to be home by like 6 30. this tourney was kinda close to me and would only have like 20 people, so i would have been able to go even if i only made it for singles. now that montage is going and this tourney is going to have A LOT more people, I won't have enough time to enter one full event since I have to be home early. Perhaps next time.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with Snakeee...
OH... MY...GOD.. everyone tells me? and im not the host? wow..

i might not even be able to make it because of my stupidity and getting grounded

edit: i see what you mean tho i knew that, ill talk to the host when im aloud out of my house..

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
We KNOW you're not the host. You don't have to keep telling us. You're the one who posted the thread, though, and you'd be the next best person to tell other than the host.

Graz69

Smash Cadet
the rules arent gay,

if the rules were gay itd be that you have to blow the guy next to you before every match =p

Max Ketchum

No, really. The rules are gay. Not being able to play the same character twice in one set is comparable to sucking off my opponent.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
hey, do you know if any ******** strategies are banned? it's not on the first page. i mean such as dedede's infinite STANDING cg... or the ic's infinite throw cg. or infinite grabs on lucas and ness?

they really shouldn't be on lol... especially if you are trying to see who is the best at the game.. cuz stand there with DDD and pressing d throw and grab untill 999%.. does not show ANYTHING lol

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
wahoo. now i can play against you finally lol.

ehh i really wanna make it for singles. it would be fun :bee: lol.

i figured everyone that was going to montage would go here instead haha. ehhh no m2k please lmao.. no offense to m2k :laugh:
im not gunna lie, i want m2k there, but i also dont. i cant force him to come/ not come either way.

Then if you're in charge, scrap the gay rules for us. :D
one of his friends will be running it with me, if he tells ray, hes gunna be angry with me and not let me host my Impact Standard rules tournaments this school year, and i really want to do that.. Lets just all deal with the rules, its still a tournament and then come to the IMPACT tournaments, where its rules everyone will enjoy..

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm gonna learn dedede for this tourney. xD so funny and sad and true at the same time.

good stuff shadow :)

Max Ketchum

one of his friends will be running it with me, if he tells ray, hes gunna be angry with me and not let me host my Impact Standard rules tournaments this school year, and i really want to do that.. Lets just all deal with the rules, its still a tournament and then come to the IMPACT tournaments, where its rules everyone will enjoy..
Then we'll just complain to Ray and see if he changes it. And yeah Shadow, DDD's standing infinite should be banned, and maybe the deathgrab on Ness/Lucas, but the ICs? Their chaingrabs are a huge part of their metagame.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Then we'll just complain to Ray and see if he changes it. And yeah Shadow, DDD's standing infinite should be banned, and maybe the deathgrab on Ness/Lucas, but the ICs? Their chaingrabs are a huge part of their metagame.
that probably wont be banned, and i tried at first i gave up.

Max Ketchum

<_< DDD's standing infinite, not banned? Wtf? Well, with the gay character rule I suppose it's only one match that you'd have to worry about it for. But seriously, these rules...has Ray even played Brawl before? Honestly. -_-

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
<_< DDD's standing infinite, not banned? Wtf? Well, with the gay character rule I suppose it's only one match that you'd have to worry about it for. But seriously, these rules...has Ray even played Brawl before? Honestly. -_-
its banned.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be hilarious.
actually all the tournaments are alot of fun, regardless of the rules set. but it will be with all of you here never playing on this

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
.................................................................... I'm coming XD
YOUR GOING DOWNagainSNAKEEE

Max Ketchum

I'm definitely sitting next to PRiDE tomorrow.

...I mean, what? Gay tourneys? Gross. Yeah.

Max Ketchum

Dammit Atomsk. I was just thinking, "I hope Atomsk doesn't come so I have at least a tiny shot at placing." And you posted in the middle of me writing up my last post.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
im really psyched for today, its gunna be mad fun, regardless of the rules.

i hope you all come to the Impact standard rule play tournament. =)

Max Ketchum

...o_o

Jeez, Atomsk. That made me **** myself.

Edit: Alright I'm out for the night. What time should I come for? I was planning on 12 (didn't actually read any times in the first post) because Tbagz mentioned that the owner would be there at 12, and honestly I want to complain to him. <_<

I'll be arriving with Dyce, and Ussi is gonna meet up with us, so it'll be us 3 at the same time. If anyone else is willing to show up for 12, then we can do doubles friendlies (which Ussi and I need to practice). Anyone up for it? If not we're just gonna aim for like 1.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
its TOO GOOD XD

edit- sure doom i guess i'll practice teams since i'm being m2k and teaming with someone WAAAAAY below my skill level who happens to be my ride XD

Max Ketchum

edit- sure doom i guess i'll practice teams since i'm being m2k and teaming with someone WAAAAAY below my skill level who happens to be my ride XD
Ooh, that's harsh. XD

I'm confident that we'll get absolutely ***** in teams by you. My teams experience is next to none, and I've never even MET the guy I'm teaming with. XD But hey, that's why we're practicing.

Top Bottom