• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nexus Smash! - Toms River, NJ - Aug 30, 08. RESULTS POSTED

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
how far away is toms river from like somerville. i definitely wanna go to this
i map quested it its roughly about 1 hour.

Oh man this is so tempting, I definitely can't make it for teams, but if I came by 4 would I make singles?
its singles first then doubles. first match is startign around 1:30-2.

because when we do singles first more people normally sign up for doubles and get a bigger pot, because they had fun in singles.

It is not listed on the first thread. So if i go, I will argue that I drove all the way down to Toms River under the belief that that HORRID idiotic rule was no longer in place. This tournament will never be taken seriously with a rule like that. It is in fact the only tournament that I have ever been aware of to hold this rule. stupid.

Chibo, I would go to Montage, but if this actually turned out to be a normal tournament and allowing me to play the character that makes the game fun for me, I would rather go here. This tournament would be inui bracket rigging free.
then dont come, i could really care less honestly, go to montage. IM NOT THE HOST, ok? dont come because that rule takes place, when i host a tournament ill think about changing the rules. as for now, i cant change what the owner of the lan center wants, and hes talked to other land centers in other states and i think already 9/12 have accpeted the rules. sorry.

Maybe at the Impact tournament ill see you there. when the rules will be standard SBR.

plus, dont you think i would like to use metaknight every round that makes the game fun for me? its about using other characters also and showing you have more skill in different areas, if you can only use one character and you cant use anyone else as well as your main, oh well. dont blame me, why not call the store owner instead of complaining after u drive all the way here? to complain like that when you were told in advance.

sorry. take it up with him not me

Graz69

Smash Cadet
I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE READING THIS TO GO TO THIS TOURNEY!!!

there are gonna be some extremely good players there (including the impact crew woot!)
and the prize money is probably gonna be pretty gernerous

AND even if you lose you'll get alot better from playing with some serious players

THE DIGITAL NEXUS! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!! =D

and P.S - the rule of having to change characters is a really good rule because it proves who is the better player at brawl, anyone can be godly with one character but it takes alot more skill to be able to use multiple characters

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE READING THIS TO GO TO THIS TOURNEY!!!

there are gonna be some extremely good players there (including the impact crew woot!)
and the prize money is probably gonna be pretty gernerous

AND even if you lose you'll get alot better from playing with some serious players

THE DIGITAL NEXUS! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!! =D
Who are you?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ugh, why do singles first? Less people enter doubles when you do that because more people would rather enter singles and it gives them an incentive to enter teams so they're not just sitting around doing nothing. I guess I'll just go to Montage, but I'll try to make the next one.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you're kidding right? it's mario... hes a world wide phenomonom

but relle hes part of our impact crew, and will be at the tourny
No, as in, who are you to say that you or your crew is good?

Nobody I know has ever seen you guys do... Anything.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, why do singles first? Less people enter doubles when you do that because more people would rather enter singles and it gives them an incentive to enter teams so they're not just sitting around doing nothing. I guess I'll just go to Montage, but I'll try to make the next one.
its not my rules and theres actually a couple of people that are happy there are singles first because they have to leave as well, i hope to see you at the next one =/

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

ToS has seen us play we are a fairly new crew about 4 months or so, but why dont you come to nexus smash before judging us?

besides hes just showing crew pride, chill out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im not vouching any skill, but iv seen some of em play. if u want some results for em tho a couple went to sats

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
im not vouching any skill, but iv seen some of em play. if u want some results for em tho a couple went to sats
dont go by tournament placements, go by playing me.

the people that went were Tbagz, Ralza, Graz, and Neogenesis.

im the best out of the 4 but ralza placed higher then me.

thats why you cant go by tournament rankings =/

but im always up for friendlies!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Sigh.. other tournament is canceled. I guess I am coming to this .. =( I still don't see that rule on the front page...

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm linking people to this from the montage tourney thread since it's cancelled.
If I get there between 3 and 4 will I make it for teams?

Why is Norfair off btw :( ?
...at the least allow it for teams

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
I'm linking people to this from the montage tourney thread since it's cancelled.
If I get there between 3 and 4 will I make it for teams?

Why is Norfair off btw :( ?
...at the least allow it for teams
yeah probably, it will be like halfway through singles by then.. looks like were gunna get alot of people..

Idk why its banned im not the host of the tournament -.-

Sigh.. other tournament is canceled. I guess I am coming to this .. =( I still don't see that rule on the front page...
oh ****, looks like well be getting alot of people then, and i put the rule under rules, look again =/

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh alright, if I'm running a little late can I have someone else sign me and my teammate up? It's even alright if you end up having to drop us to losers first round.

Btw, do Sheik and Zelda count as the same character? I tend to use both during the same game but if it lets me use the other in the next game I'll stay one the whole time.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Oh alright, if I'm running a little late can I have someone else sign me and my teammate up? It's even alright if you end up having to drop us to losers first round.

Btw, do Sheik and Zelda count as the same character? I tend to use both during the same game but if it lets me use the other in the next game I'll stay one the whole time.
no they dont, there 2 different characters, good question though.

edit: which tournament got Cancled?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Alright, now sorry to be a pain but say one game I started as Sheik, but I transformed into Zelda (and back) at certain points in a game. Am I allowed to start the next game as Zelda?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'd like to come to this, but the "can't use same character twice in the same set" rule is a real turn off. I don't understand that. May still come though.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
dont go by tournament placements, go by playing me.

the people that went were Tbagz, Ralza, Graz, and Neogenesis.

im the best out of the 4 but ralza placed higher then me.

thats why you cant go by tournament rankings =/

but im always up for friendlies!
all that matters is how well you do in tourny

i can beat m2k all the time in friendlies with random characters

does it make me better? no because he consistantly out places me and does better then i do in tourny

but "thats why you cant go by tournament rankings =/" yes i suppose your right, i suppose m2k is at my level based on those friendlies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Alright, now sorry to be a pain but say one game I started as Sheik, but I transformed into Zelda (and back) at certain points in a game. Am I allowed to start the next game as Zelda?
I dont understand what your really saying, but heres what i can say to hopefully answer your question.

when you start sheik, and u start fighting as sheik, you cannot transform into zelda then start fighting with her, then go back to shiek, if you choose shiek you must fight with her, but if you accidently transform thats no problem.

im sorry once again im not the host and im trying to answer questions the best i can

all that matters is how well you do in tourny

i can beat m2k all the time in friendlies with random characters

does it make me better? no because he consistantly out places me and does better then i do in tourny

but "thats why you cant go by tournament rankings =/" yes i suppose your right, i suppose m2k is at my level based on those friendlies :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I think how good your are can be based on both, but one person could go up against m2k ironicly every tournament first round and lose, so that couldnt be fair, when they could actually be a very good player

I'd like to come to this, but the "can't use same character twice in the same set" rule is a real turn off. I don't understand that. May still come though.
if you come to the tournament the Host of the tournament will explain it, as for me right now ive explained it 20 times and im tired of doing so.. -.- sorry, you could give the store owner a call if your really interested.

Snakeee

Smash Master
so...Sheik/Zelda is banned as a character completely o_O

Using both of them is a common tactic among Sheik and Zelda players, but oh well I'll follow your hosts ridiculous rules. Sorry, I don't mean any offense to you I'm addressing the host since you say it's not you.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

Using both of them is a common tactic among Sheik and Zelda players, but oh well I'll follow your hosts ridiculous rules. Sorry, I don't mean any offense to you I'm addressing the host since you say it's not you.
ill tell you what ill talk to him about it =) i completley see where your are coming from. ill try my best im going over there in 15 minutes for crew practice

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I think how good your are can be based on both, but one person could go up against m2k ironicly every tournament first round and lose, so that couldnt be fair, when they could actually be a very good player

just do what i do and get 2nd anyway XD

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Since the Montage tournament is canceled that means a lot more people are coming to this one, which means M2K might come. I'll do everything I can to come to this. Not 100% but I'll try.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman

ok! i got ure answer! u can transform between shiek and zelda in battle! but u wouldnt be able to use them twice in the same set of 2/3 because there in the same character slot.

so that helps you a bit i guess =)

just do what i do and get 2nd anyway XD
im just a really good player, like m2k is a 10/10 and so are you, im more like a 7-8/10.

i dont go to enough tournaments hard to find rides im only 16 =/

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
If my ride is willing to drive an extra 20 miles, then I'll be here. But seriously, this is one of the worst rulesets I've ever seen. We should all ***** to the host and petition for the ability to get rid of that gay rule. It might work. -_-

The organization also looks pretty bad...singles before doubles? :/

Oh well. Can't complain. At least it's some competition.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What's good!! Team MOB will be here + Spam cause the Montage tourney was cancelled.

Shadow and Snakeee better be here so I can kick their ***** in singles and teams :D

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
What's good!! Team MOB will be here + Spam cause the Montage tourney was cancelled.

Shadow and Snakeee better be here so I can kick their ***** in singles and teams :D
haha, ****. more competition than i expected. that's cool though. bring it on :laugh:

sadly we can only enter teams =/. gonna be fun testing out my other chars though but i still dislike the ruleset and the stages especially... why the hell would green greens be on? get infinite chain grabbed against a block EVERY time you come back vs dedede lmao. if i was in singles i would DEFINITELY go dedede there on a chain grabbable char.. easy win.:bee:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
God dammit. Inui would have made them change the rule set! >_> The time when we really need him, he is off in Florida at some funeral! >_<

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, i have some news, i know you all want to talk to the owner, if so GET THERE BEFORE 1:30 BUT AFTER NOON~!!!!!

see the digital nexus is a Lan centre but The owner ray isnt making enough money to keep it open, so he got another job to help pay for his store, so hes leaving for his job at 1:30. so if your bringing any tvs wiis brawls please be there on time in registration so he can set them up.

THE PEOPLE THAT WILL BE MAKING SURE THE TOURNAMENT MOVES THOROUGHLY.

Tbagz
Numb
Some kid named Jimmy (not a gamer tag, XD)
and Maybe chibo sempai.

to explain the singles before doubles thing, in our past tournaments when they were like 17 people, we only had like 3 teams signed up so after we did singles first more people had alot of fun and wanted to do doubles, so then ray just always did it like that -_-.

but im sorry alot of you are forced to come to this tournament since i know you dont want to..

PLUS... EVERY1 PRAY TO your GOD that i can come, im grounded.. long story.. beer pong... crew member... never called dad with the number to the house i was "sleeping over" yadayadayada..

well... it looks like i'll be at this and maybe the rest of m.o.b will be too
great sneak now you can play me and my crew like you wanted to do! if i can go

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Alright, well I guess everyone who's there before 1:30 will complain. Seriously, this rule is way too ****ing gay, and no reason he can give will convince me that it's a reasonable decision. I'd understand this maybe for an online tourney, but seriously, something offline with prize money? Some of us are actually serious about winning, and don't want to throw $10 out for nothing.

Graz69

Smash Cadet

i never said in my last post that our crew is good (but i am saying it now)

and nobody has really seen us do anyhting bc the only tourneys we went to were the last nexus smash, and SATS but if you come to this nexus smash youll see that we are a pretty decent crew

Graz69

Smash Cadet

nooooo tanner mest up this is how the shiek/zelda thing goes

you CAN transform between shiek/zelda as many times as you want in a match BUT you CANNOT choose that character slot again, as far as choosing characters shiek and zelda are one
(if that makes any sense im bad at wording things)

so basically if you pick either shiek or zelda for a match you CANT pick them again for the set. but during the match you could do whatever you want

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Team MOB will be here, and winning this.

I think this tourny will be fun, however, the rules do not show who is the better player. With broken characters like snake, d3, falco, mk this all becomes a huge guessing game,
I already have a set strategy that, no 1 but maybe atomsk will be able to beat.
Maybe after tomorrow you will re-evaluate your feelings on this rule proving who the better player is.
It is more so a show of who won first round and gets a free win with their cp if they happen 2 lose r2.

Top Bottom