• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEXT WEST SAN JOSE TOURNEY - Cancelled as of now

L__

Smash Master
you don't need tech skill practice

plus it's easier for you to play your best for longer

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
bad news people

Only residents of the condo complex can reserve the venue, and my friend who reserved the venue is moving out of the complex before the start of July. Fortunately however, I do know somebody else from my high school who lives in that complex, and I'm waiting for his response on whether we can reserve it. (we most likely can)

However, my friend's parents were sort of upset about the idea of hosting a smash tournament, and he no longer can provide the 200 dollar deposit to reserve the place. My parents have said no too. I'll can sell a couple things I own to meet about half the depost (100-120 dollars), but I definitely need help from others to cover the rest. I still need to talk some stuff over with my friend, so I'll keep you guys updated.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Do you guys have stereotypical asian parents? Because unless we ****ed up the deposit somehow, I think we were pretty darn good to the venue and not noisy or disruptive to the rest of the complex, so I can't imagine there would be a reasonable argument against it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Do you guys have stereotypical asian parents? Because unless we ****ed up the deposit somehow, I think we were pretty darn good to the venue and not noisy or disruptive to the rest of the complex, so I can't imagine there would be a reasonable argument against it.
Brandon says there were scratches on the floor from moving the TVs and tables. :(

Next tournament, I may be running it but I may need Miles, Chris, and Sheridan to back me up since I am pretty much like Andrew who never ran a Melee tournament before. :( I will be on 7-10 actually.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Brandon says there were scratches on the floor from moving the TVs and tables. :(

Next tournament, I may be running it but I may need Miles, Chris, and Sheridan to back me up since I am pretty much like Andrew who never ran a Melee tournament before. :( I will be on 7-10 actually.
again just lmk if u need anything

lst tourney sheridan did everything n_n

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
no there was a 60 dollar rental fee. the 200 refundable deposit was something different tho. My friend who reserved the venue for the tourney has literally disappeared tho: hes not picking up his cell, hasn't been online, and I haven't seen him in person either.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Are you asking if the tournament host profited from the excess venue fee? :confused:

Also Andrew, my laptop is down and I don't have AIM on my computer that I am using right now so if you need to tell me important then just PM me on SWF. :)
i think every post you make has smiley faces in it

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
i think every post you make has smiley faces in it
Actually the 1667th post in the SB / SLO Smash thread was my post and it didn't have a smiley face in it. ;) Also the next Melee tournament in West San Jose will probably be 7-17-10 so that is probably when you will get you Melee disc back. :( Do you have access to a Melee set up somewhere right now to practice? :confused:

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
Unless somebody can come up with a personal check for 200 dollars (the venue deposit), theres no way this is happening at all. This is cancelled as of now until somebody contacts me with the fee.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
This tournament will be cancelled unless we can come up with the deposit. Andrew says it will be a hassle to get multiple people to pitch in money to give it to one person. :(

EDIT: Andrew already said it in two posts above me. I was creating this message while AIMing a lot of people so I didn't resume this post until after he posted. :(

WassupJB

Smash Lord
1. if cgc is 7/17 you're not going to get anyone at this tournament.
2. smashers are generally poor. and some are in dejuan, sorry typo, i meant to say debt.

shehehe11

Smash Apprentice
1. the venue is booked for all saturdays up to the 3rd of july
2. BIO in SF is on the 10th I think
3. What the dude above me said - if cgc is on the 17th nobody is gonna come to this
4. Good S*** German is on the 24th
5. I'm gone the rest of july and the first week of august

Its really too much of a hassle to organize another tournament. Besides, there are a ****load of other tournies happening in July anyways. Sorry to the locals who can't make those tournies.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Agh, this sucks. I wosh there's more tournaments here in San Jose before i move to Guam D:

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I'm moving to San Jose June 19th and June 20th...how is the Smash scene here?
It *****, hit me up on aim for the full info we will throw a smash fest for you when you get here.
I decided 10 minutes ago I'm gonna drive up so I'm gonna do that first thing when I wake up tomorrow LOOL.

Let's play guys!
Lets do it Zhu.

Full homo.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Finally I'm in San Jose! After all that packing...now lets get that smashfest started....my aim is envy200

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Finally I'm in San Jose! After all that packing...now lets get that smashfest started....my aim is envy200
Are you getting my AIM messages? Your AIM is set to mobile so my messages should get sent to your cell phone but I sent you two messages but you have not responded yet. Do you want to carpool with us to CF 8? You would be expected to pitch in gas money though. ;)

Also when do you want to have the Smashfest? What part of San Jose are you in? Can you host? :confused:

Miles and Miguel, are you coming to this?

San Jose Carpool list confirmed:
me
Josh
Jon

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Are you getting my AIM messages? Your AIM is set to mobile so my messages should get sent to your cell phone but I sent you two messages but you have not responded yet. Do you want to carpool with us to CF 8? You would be expected to pitch in gas money though. ;)

Also when do you want to have the Smashfest? What part of San Jose are you in? Can you host? :confused:

Miles and Miguel, are you coming to this?

San Jose Carpool list confirmed:
me
Josh
Jon
When is the smashfest? A friend of mine from my school tourney and LAZN100 would like to come.

I can't go on July 3,8, and 11 though.

Yahoo: tythetazmaniantiger@yahoo.com.ph or contact me on my forums (listed on my profile).

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
When is the smashfest? A friend of mine from my school tourney and LAZN100 would like to come.

I can't go on July 3,8, and 11 though.

Yahoo: tythetazmaniantiger@yahoo.com.ph or contact me on my forums (listed on my profile).
For the Smashfest, check this thread or the Bay Area Practice thread. What is your AIM SN? Can you put your AIM SN on your SWF profile? Do you plan on going to CF 8 or GSG? Do you want to carpool with us? I added you on Yahoo IM. Do you use it? :confused:

CF 8 Carpool list for San Jose:
Josh
me
Envy
Jon

We have space for one more person. I call shotgun though.

Top Bottom