• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I've been hearing a lot that if paper mario or Geno would get in, but what about something from the Yoshi series or Luigi's Manison.
Admittedly, I do think King Boo is a sleeper pick. Luigi's Mansion 3 was a huge success and established that the IP has legs as a series - it's almost certainly getting another game next gen. King Boo has been the consistent series antagonist, is recognizable to the general Mario audience all the same (Mario Kart, he was even in Mario Wonder) and would have one hell of a unique moveset. We really don't have any kind of "ghost" character. So factoring in all that, this would be one of those picks that gets neglected until it makes perfect sense in retrospect.

I don't really think a new Yoshi series character is in the cards, and if we got Kamek I believe he would be labeled as a Mario character. After all, he still maintains a role in mainline Mario titles and was recently in the Mario movie. And if we want to emphasize it a bit further, Kamek is also under the Mario series spirits. Either way, I think his chances are low albeit not impossible. Those aforementioned roles are pretty notable and have kept him relevant within the series for quite some time, so it'd be a subversive pick but not an extremely crazy one.

I personally think Waluigi will be added first and foremost, but Mario and/or the other series tied to its universe tend to get a minimum of two new characters per game so perhaps any of these guys could make their debut alongside him. This is an arbitrary pattern, but one that I think simply makes sense since these characters are some of the most recognizable and active. Particularly if the next game returns to a double digit number of base game newcomers, it's pretty likely at least two of them will be from the Mario universe.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While we're talking about SEGA, I just saw this video a few days ago:

Things like this makes me really wish SEGA would make something like this!
There is just something so intrinsic to fanmade Sega crossover content that has incredibly deep pulls but then for Atlus only includes several Persona protagonists and then leaves Jack Frost as the generic Megaten representative. I have to wonder why it's this ubiquitous.

They didn't even use a good victory theme either.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
My one request for any Sega crossover fighting game is some kind of Roommania #203 stage, both because it has a really interesting history and is quite a unique game which captures some themes that resonate with me, and also because I really like Serani Poji. Get those songs in.
Holy **** you are speaking my language hell yeah. That's the kind of weird-ass stuff I'd love to see

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hate to hijack the topic but I've brewed up a Smash roster, feel free to roast me over it
HyperSmashBrosRoster.png

It's... Not exactly for Smash 6. You could probably treat it as a Smash 6 roster, but more than anything I set out to create a Switch-centric Smash roster. Every Smash game ends up a sort of period piece in hindsight, with certain choices only making sense in that era (Jigglypuff in 64, Roy in Melee, Ike and Lucas in Brawl, Palutena and Corrin in 4). However, Ultimate dropped that in favor of being The Smash Game Ever, settling the roster before there was even a Switch to speak of, prioritizing veterans above all else, and dedicating what little newcomers it had to ballot votes and Echoes. Then the DLC jumped to big hype third-parties, with only a couple of Switch era characters who probably would've been in the base game of a normal Smash installment.

Since we're nearing the end of the Switch, I decided to set up a roster that acts as a time capsule of the Switch's library, like a normal Smash game would've been. I workedon the following criteria:
  • The roster will have 60 fighters exactly (Sans Echoes, who aren't full fighters and are treated as bonuses)
  • Each series will have a maximum of five fighters (Again, not counting Echoes). Mario cheats this rule because every other Mario character seems to have a series of their own
  • As mentioned before, characters who have Switch releases are prioritized. That said, I tried to preserve fighters from dormant series, especially ones that are strongly established in Smash already
  • The roster was originally made as a sort of soft reboot; What Smash would look like if it was made today. I ended up going back to preserve more veterans who aren't that relevant nowadays, but you can see traces of the mentality in some of the series reps, mainly Fire Emblem and Pokemon's rep revamps
  • Nintendo characters are prioritized; Third-parties are treated as guest fighters, as they were before Ultimate. Focus is aimed at games and companies that have had a strong Nintendo presence during the Switch era
  • A more expansive character creator would be implemented separately from the roster, so I wouldn't worry about the Mii Fighters-as-custom character
  • Also: Echo Fighters are denoted by an asterik at the start of their name, though it might be a bit hard to make out. I also tried to get each fighter next to the characters from the same series, so the arrangement ended up kinda janky. There's probably a better way to implement that idea, looking back on it
Originally I was aiming for 50 fighters, but I realized I'd be left with some nasty cuts, so I cheated and raised the bar to 55 (And then the roster maker only made perfect rectangles, so I took the chance to throw in five more characters just for fun).

So yeah. Feel free to give feedback

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Hate to hijack the topic but I've brewed up a Smash roster, feel free to roast me over itView attachment 389796
It's... Not exactly for Smash 6. You could probably treat it as a Smash 6 roster, but more than anything I set out to create a Switch-centric Smash roster. Every Smash game ends up a sort of period piece in hindsight, with certain choices only making sense in that era (Jigglypuff in 64, Roy in Melee, Ike and Lucas in Brawl, Palutena and Corrin in 4). However, Ultimate dropped that in favor of being The Smash Game Ever, settling the roster before there was even a Switch to speak of, prioritizing veterans above all else, and dedicating what little newcomers it had to ballot votes and Echoes. Then the DLC jumped to big hype third-parties, with only a couple of Switch era characters who probably would've been in the base game of a normal Smash installment.

Since we're nearing the end of the Switch, I decided to set up a roster that acts as a time capsule of the Switch's library, like a normal Smash game would've been. I workedon the following criteria:
  • The roster will have 60 fighters exactly (Sans Echoes, who aren't full fighters and are treated as bonuses)
  • Each series will have a maximum of five fighters (Again, not counting Echoes). Mario cheats this rule because every other Mario character seems to have a series of their own
  • As mentioned before, characters who have Switch releases are prioritized. That said, I tried to preserve fighters from dormant series, especially ones that are strongly established in Smash already
  • The roster was originally made as a sort of soft reboot; What Smash would look like if it was made today. I ended up going back to preserve more veterans who aren't that relevant nowadays, but you can see traces of the mentality in some of the series reps, mainly Fire Emblem and Pokemon's rep revamps
  • Nintendo characters are prioritized; Third-parties are treated as guest fighters, as they were before Ultimate. Focus is aimed at games and companies that have had a strong Nintendo presence during the Switch era
  • A more expansive character creator would be implemented separately from the roster, so I wouldn't worry about the Mii Fighters-as-custom character
  • Also: Echo Fighters are denoted by an asterik at the start of their name, though it might be a bit hard to make out. I also tried to get each fighter next to the characters from the same series, so the arrangement ended up kinda janky. There's probably a better way to implement that idea, looking back on it
Originally I was aiming for 50 fighters, but I realized I'd be left with some nasty cuts, so I cheated and raised the bar to 55 (And then the roster maker only made perfect rectangles, so I took the chance to throw in five more characters just for fun).

Honestly a very fun and great roster. I’d be pretty satisfied with this. I can see some cuts that’ll ruffle some feathers (i.e. Ice Climbers, Falco, etc.), but overall, I really like this roster.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hate to hijack the topic but I've brewed up a Smash roster, feel free to roast me over itView attachment 389796

why on earth is Skyward Sword Link, Classic Link?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Moving on, I’m going to propose a new topic. If we got a Nintendo vs Capcom by some miracle, what would you want the roster to look like for either company?
I can only really talk about the nintendo side (although capcom better have Megaman and phoenix wright)
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario (wario land)
Donkey Kong
Link (Tears of the kingdom)
Link (wind waker)
Zelda (Windwaker/ Spirit tracks)
Ganondorf (Tears of the kingdom
Kirby
Dedede
Dark Matter
Fox
Captain falcon
Ness
Pikachu (With Red)
Jiggly Puff (With USa Green)
Charizard (With USA Blue)
Mewtwo (With giovanni)
Shulk
Tom Nook

Spiderman

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I’m really sad to see so many of my favorites go like Sephiroth and K. Rool but the expansive character creator sounds great. If the creator is on par with the WWE games or better, that could make up for any individual cuts. I love character creators in games but I’ve never really cared for the aesthetics of Miis.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Nowadays Skyward sword link is used as the green tunic link!
He obviously isnt classic (That fits Links awekneing link, the old artwork designs or oot) and also not popular i guess he just ghot lucky!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I personally never liked the design of Skyward Sword Link. He’s probably my least favorite of all Link’s designs. I’ve always loved his Ocarina of Time design though. I would much rather OoT be used for classic Link. Although I think the ideal scenario is to have each alt represent a different version of him so fans of each game can still play as their favorite.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My guess, which is just a guess because I'm not SharkLord and therefore don't know what's going in his head, is that TotK/BotW Link would get a massive rework while SS Link would be the "classic" moveset seen in previous Smash games.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My guess, which is just a guess because I'm not SharkLord and therefore don't know what's going in his head, is that TotK/BotW Link would get a massive rework while SS Link would be the "classic" moveset seen in previous Smash games.
I think that’s right but the question was why Skyward Sword Link specifically? I don’t think that game was terribly well received compared to other titles in the series and it’s still pretty recent compared to many other Zelda games. Maybe it’s because it was the last time he was portrayed with his green tunic as a default?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think that’s right but the question was why Skyward Sword Link specifically? I don’t think that game was terribly well received compared to other titles in the series and it’s still pretty recent compared to many other Zelda games. Maybe it’s because it was the last time he was portrayed with his green tunic as a default?
it was well received, every just pretends they didn't all love it when it came out

Gengar84

Smash Hero
it was well received, every just pretends they didn't all love it when it came out
I just meant in comparison to other Zelda games. I think people generally liked it as a game but I keep hearing that it was a disappointing entry in the series. Kind of like what I hear about Super Mario Sunshine. We still bought Skyward Sword and I watched my brother beat it and it definitely wasn’t a bad game. The motion controls were a neat idea even if they didn’t always work properly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just meant in comparison to other Zelda games. I think people generally liked it as a game but I keep hearing that it was a disappointing entry in the series. Kind of like what I hear about Super Mario Sunshine. We still bought Skyward Sword and I watched my brother beat it and it definitely wasn’t a bad game. The motion controls were a neat idea even if they didn’t always work properly.
the Zelda fandom always does this though, they always pretend they didn’t enjoy it. And they spend all their time arguing which game they should hate this most

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
the Zelda fandom always does this though, they always pretend they didn’t enjoy it. And they spend all their time arguing which game they should hate this most
Fair enough. I was under the impression that the complaints of the linearity were partly what inspired the Zelda team to go open world with Breath of the Wild. I admit that I can be wrong and maybe I was misreading the situation. Apologies if that’s what happened.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Fair enough. I was under the impression that the complaints of the linearity were partly what inspired the Zelda team to go open world with Breath of the Wild. I admit that I can be wrong and maybe I was misreading the situation. Apologies if that’s what happened.
SS was in fact their first attempt at shaking things up, albeit in a smaller way, but the attitude that led to BOTW started here and continued you through ALBW

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Do they? I remember people initially hating on The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker because it was 2002 and cartoons were for babies, and people not liking The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword because of Fi, The Imprisoned fights, and motion controls, but not a whole lot else.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild had criticisms (that IIRC it's sequel didn't address aside from the fusion mechanic kind of changing how the durability mechanic feels to interact with), but the only person I've seen say the game was bad was that one YouTuber who made a whole poem about how bad it was because he was afraid of backlash from the people who liked it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do they? I remember people initially hating on The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker because it was 2002 and cartoons were for babies, and people not liking The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword because of Fi, The Imprisoned fights, and motion controls, but not a whole lot else.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild had criticisms (that IIRC it's sequel didn't address aside from the fusion mechanic kind of changing how the durability mechanic feels to interact with), but the only person I've seen say the game was bad was that one YouTuber who made a whole poem about how bad it was because he was afraid of backlash from the people who liked it.
yeah they hated the graphics when they were first revealed but they all stopped before the game came out. As for the motion controls the people who complained at the time were in the minority

Gengar84

Smash Hero
yeah they hated the graphics when they were first revealed but they all stopped before the game came out. As for the motion controls the people who complained at the time were in the minority
Most of the time, the motion controls were actually pretty fun. They could get very frustrating when they didn’t respond properly though. Particularly in intense boss fights like Demise.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
While we’re on the subject of voice actors and actresses, here’s just a few of my favorites that would be cool to hear in Smash somehow. Unfortunately many of them don’t really play a prominent enough game character to have much a chance but still:

Crispin Freeman
Steve Blum
Johnny Yong Bosch
Chris Sabat
Robert McCollum
Jamieson Price
Chris Patton

Wendee Lee
Luci Christian
Michelle Ruff
Cheremi Leigh
Cristina Vee
Erica Mendez
Laura Bailey

There’s a lot more but I’ll leave it there because I don’t think a ton of people really care about the subject lol.
If I'm being honest, part of why I wouldn't mind Dead or Alive's Ayane joining Smash Bros. is because I'm almost certain that she'd be Janice Kawaye's ONLY shot at doing voice work for Smash Bros..

Moving on, I’m going to propose a new topic. If we got a Nintendo vs Capcom by some miracle, what would you want the roster to look like for either company?
For the record, I'm sort of just throwing some names out. No need to take this THAT seriously.

Nintendo
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Link
Princess Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus Aran
Ridley
Yoshi
Kirby
King Dedede
Fox McCloud
Krystal
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Ness
Captain Falcon
Marth
Pit
Palutena
Wario
Captain Olimar
Little Mac
Isabelle
Chibi-Robo
Yuka OR Karate Joe
Lip
Hunter (Fossil Fighters)
Jonathan Raimi
Shulk
Takamaru
Isaac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Saki Amemiya

Capcom
Mega Man
Roll
X
Zero
Tron Bonne
Servbot
Ryu
Ken Masters
Chun-Li
Sakura Kasugano
Jin Saotome
Batsu Ichimonji
Akira Kazama
Captain Commando
Strider Hiryu
SonSon III
Princess Devilotte
Saki Omokane
Lou (Three Wonders)
Sir Arthur
Michelle Heart
Ryu and Nina
Pure and Fur
The Unknown Soldiers
Frank West
Monster Hunter
Morrigan Aensland
Cody or Haggar
Edward Falcon
Leon S. Kennedy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Akechi Samanosuke
Dante
Vergil
Trish
Regina
Cyber Blue
Kaijin no Soki
Viewtiful Joe

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Outside of some very very specific personal pet peeves (All the Zelda Characters being based on 1 game, Only Edelgard, Echo Lucina, Hero being changed to only Luminary) I would be incredibly happy with this roster.

Timerra, Purah, Marina and Dracovish are killer picks. Those alongside some things like Noah and Mio being unique characters, Lisa/Oatchi being a separate character, and Shadow being unique are just the cherries on top.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m pretty sure this one won’t be anywhere nearly as popular as SharkLord’s because I have weird tastes but I thought I’d share my custom roster again just for fun. Please note that Olimar is an accidental omission I just passed over for some reason. He should be here. I kept Bowser Jr. over Rosalina mostly for the Koopalings. I actually prefer Rosalina to Jr. on their own. I went the opposite approach from SharkLord and went kind of heavy into third party since that’s where a lot of my interests currently lie. This is more of a wish list than a prediction list but I tried to make the choices at least somewhat realistic.

1716391158315.jpeg

Ideally, I’d rather have Everyone is Here again than cut anyone but if I was forced to make cuts, this is what I’d personally go with.

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
If anything I would say Skyward Sword got very overrated reviews when it came out, that game is by no means a 10/10 lol. Definitely feels like a case where it got a boost just for being a big new Zelda game and the possible backlash, which happens whenever a new mainline Zelda comes out.

Are you talking about Super Bunnyhop's video? For what it's worth I wouldn't say he was negative about it, it was a fairly level review that made it clear what aspects he liked. I think a lot of the criticisms are about the usual stuff people criticise about the game anyways. It's natural that as hype dies down and people leave the honeymoon period that a game like that will receive more criticism but will generally still be well regarded. Happened to stuff like Witcher 3, Elden Ring, God of War, RDR2, etc.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, Smash 6 releasing in late 2025 wouldn't be as crazy as i previously through it would be.
Melee was 6 years and 2 months when Brawl released and Brawl was 6 years and 7 months old when Smash 4 3DS released, Ultimate will be nearly 7 years old if Smash 6 releases by late 2025.
Actually, it might end up the longest time gap if it releases by Nov 2025 at 6 years and 11 months.
I doubt it will happen that early, but time-gap wiseis technically on-par with regular smash sequels.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Late for the "Nintendo vs. Capcom" talk, but I want to say that the crossover we all deserve is, Robo-Street Fighter vs. RoboCop vs. Sonic vs. tus amigos 2: Special Champions Jurassic CD Edition. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Are you talking about Super Bunnyhop's video? For what it's worth I wouldn't say he was negative about it, it was a fairly level review that made it clear what aspects he liked. I think a lot of the criticisms are about the usual stuff people criticise about the game anyways. It's natural that as hype dies down and people leave the honeymoon period that a game like that will receive more criticism but will generally still be well regarded. Happened to stuff like Witcher 3, Elden Ring, God of War, RDR2, etc.
I guess so...I remember a different voice and the stance that the game was bad though, so maybe I stitched the memory of multiple videos together.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
While we’re on the subject of voice actors and actresses, here’s just a few of my favorites that would be cool to hear in Smash somehow. Unfortunately many of them don’t really play a prominent enough game character to have much a chance but still:

Crispin Freeman
Steve Blum
Johnny Yong Bosch
Chris Sabat
Robert McCollum
Jamieson Price
Chris Patton

Wendee Lee
Luci Christian
Michelle Ruff
Cheremi Leigh
Cristina Vee
Erica Mendez
Laura Bailey

There’s a lot more but I’ll leave it there because I don’t think a ton of people really care about the subject lol.
For me, I would say:

Jennifer Hale, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Paula Tiso, Ray Chase, Matthew Mercer and James Arnold Taylor.

EDIT: Also add in Aleks Le.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Will say that the conversations on NvC were pretty cool, and I liked everyone’s take on the matter.
Yeah, I think the idea could be a lot of fun, either as a Smash game or a traditional fighting game. Both Nintendo and Capcom have a ton of great characters to pull from for an awesome roster. I think Microsoft is another great option for a crossover like this, mostly due to their acquisitions over the years.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I will say I think the pitfall with judging a Nintendo vs Capcom roster, especially from the perspective of a Smash fan, is it's too easy to kinda just bring a condensed version of what we already have in Smash over to a completely different game. There would obviously be a lot of overlap with Smash's roster by default - it covers most of the major / popular Nintendo characters - but MvC doesn't have quite the same priorities as Smash.

Like, despite its size I think a series like Animal Crossing has more business with only a single character in MvC than it does in Smash - due to the unconventional nature of the series, you probably just get one face to be kind of the silly "accidental" fighter. There are a bunch of those in Smash Bros already, but that archetype is typically reserved for one or two characters in MvC. And in the context of a Vs game, that character would probably be Isabelle or Tom Nook instead of Villager. Similarly I'm not sure how fitting someone like Robin or Byleth would be for MvC opposed to Chrom or Edelgard... or even someone like Tiki might feel apt. There's definitely a bit less precedent here for avatar characters outside of Monster Hunter once. I wonder how they'd choose to cover Splatoon?

I also think it'd be a shame if they didn't highlight some lesser celebrated series that may be more appealing to Capcom's sensibilities. Saki from Sin & Punishment and Lip from Panel de Pon always felt like characters that would fit right into a game like that. It may come at the expense of some of the more eccentric Smash picks, but again... they're two different games, so it doesn't feel THAT weird not to have Ness or Pit around in this one in exchange for some other Nintendo small fries. Even though I'd like them to be. Captain Falcon and preferably Little Mac are too fitting not to be there, though.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well, since we're posting Smash 6 rosters again:

checks for Hayabusa
finds Hayabusa
Glad to see Sephiroth and K. Rool are still here. Blastoise is my brother’s second most wanted character after the Battletoads so that works for me. Looks like we both have Zero and Bill on the roster, which is cool. Not sure Lance needs to be more than an alt outfit though. I had Magus but Crono is the more logical choice of the two. I’d just be happy to see the game represented at all even if Crono isn’t my favorite character in his game.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Crispin Freeman
Steve Blum
Johnny Yong Bosch
Chris Sabat
Robert McCollum
Jamieson Price
Chris Patton

Wendee Lee
Luci Christian
Michelle Ruff
Cheremi Leigh
Cristina Vee
Erica Mendez
Laura Bailey

Way late but John DiMaggio is one of my favorites as is Phil LaMarr and I'd love it if they both were in the game. For females Tara Strong; Colleen Clinkenbeard, Monica Rial... Any OG Funimation gang basically.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Honestly a very fun and great roster. I’d be pretty satisfied with this. I can see some cuts that’ll ruffle some feathers (i.e. Ice Climbers, Falco, etc.), but overall, I really like this roster.
Yeah, the parameters I set for myself meant there would be some losses, unfortunately. Back when I was planning 50 characters I was at risk of losing Pit, Mr. G&W, Mega Man, and Hero due to the limited space, but I decided the limitations were a little too strict and upped the limit
Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom seem fairly unorthodox compared to the usual Zelda fare, so I decided it was worth setting up a "Classic" Link as an Echo Fighter to preserve the normal Link kit while TotK Link got a bit more changes than just the Rune Bombs. Skyward Sword was the Zelda game that got a Switch remaster, so I used that one as the basis for the "normal" Link
Outside of some very very specific personal pet peeves (All the Zelda Characters being based on 1 game, Only Edelgard, Echo Lucina, Hero being changed to only Luminary) I would be incredibly happy with this roster.

Timerra, Purah, Marina and Dracovish are killer picks. Those alongside some things like Noah and Mio being unique characters, Lisa/Oatchi being a separate character, and Shadow being unique are just the cherries on top.
Yeah, the Zelda cast would be doubling down on the BotW subseries because of the Switch focus, so if people prefer the older games I could understand them being a bit miffed.

I actually considered just doing Marth and the Three Houses leaders to round out the weapon triangle, but betwen Heroes, Engage, and to a lesser extent Warriors, it seems like Fire Emblem really wants you to remember the older titles as well as the new ones. So, I decided to have a more general coverage of the series, with only one fighter per game. The server I've shared the roster on also agreed that Lucina doesn't fit as an Echo, so that seems to be more of a consensus than I realized

Hero was still Luminary because Dragon Quest XI S got a big push as a timed exclusive, so I decided to focus on Luminary as the main Hero. I'd probably find a way to squeeze in the other Heroes as well, at least.

As for Noah and Mio, I considered having them be Echoes going off the class changing in XC3, but then I learned Noah's limit break gives him a unique class where he unsheathes his sword to reveal the game's metaphorical Xenoblade, something Mio can't do. Plus, I worried class changing gimmicks would make the moveset unnecessarily bloated, so I decided just Noah, then brought in Mio separately when I increased my fighter limit.

Lisa and Oatchi were originally Echoes until I realized having An Entire Dog would change up the moveset radically. I only played a bit of the demo, but they'd likely end up a pseudoclone at the very least, with somewhat similar Pikmin mechanics but a completely different kit otherwise. And Shadow, he never felt right to me. He works as a clone when it's just jumping and spinning, but stuff like the wind-up punch or the flippy scissor kick would just feel weird over Shadow. And I intended to rework Sonic's moveset with smore specific stuff from Battle and Frontiers, and that would make Shadow seem ever weirder as an Echo. So unique Shadow it is

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom seem fairly unorthodox compared to the usual Zelda fare, so I decided it was worth setting up a "Classic" Link as an Echo Fighter to preserve the normal Link kit while TotK Link got a bit more changes than just the Rune Bombs. Skyward Sword was the Zelda game that got a Switch remaster, so I used that one as the basis for the "normal" Link
yes they do. they also have most of the things link uses in his smash moveset. for the record classic link tends to mean the original

Top Bottom