• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Though personally in this case, while I always loved the idea of Nintendo's mascot taking on SEGA's mascot, I never felt this with Microsoft's mascot. I guess because Nintendo and Microsoft never promoted themselves as competing with each other. There was always Mario vs. Sonic but Mario vs. Master Chief? I never really hear about that. It doesn't even feel the same.
Yeah, it isn’t the same - I imagine Master Chief’s role in a mascot brawl is less a competitive one between rivals but rather built on mutual respect. Hence why I said Master Chief shaking Mario’s hand, not punching Mario’s face in. Mario and Sonic are hot blooded rivals, but Chief being so detached from this platformer rat race contextualizes him in a different way, and a refreshing one in my opinion.

Crash, personally, doesn’t excite me on this front because he’s very much the poor man’s Sonic of this dynamic. He had commercials going after Mario, like every other platforming mascot at the time. But it was a largely one sided relationship. He’s the third wheel. That isn’t to say I don’t think Crash can or should get in on his own merit or popularity, but I’ve never been that excited at chasing this rivalry further. Truthfully, Cloud slots in just as well as a Playstation ambassador if anything. But again, that’s just my personal feeling about it.

If we do want to play rivals though - Mario / Sonic, Link / Cloud, Samus / Master Chief… that looks pretty good to me.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's interesting in general to see how the chosen franchises for such a role often give way to other ones over time. Bonk was pushed forward as the face of Hudson Soft, but the stronger success (and the IP's continued existence after the Konami acquisition) ended up giving Bomberman that title. Heck even Master Chief only became the mascot for Xbox because Blinx simply didn't connect with mass audiences as intended.
Well, it's understandable why. Bomberman and Master Chief had more of this in their games then Bonk and Blinx did.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
[
Basically, this was like Sonic back in the day. In fact, this whole thing was like my experience with Sonic back in the day.

Though personally in this case, while I always loved the idea of Nintendo's mascot taking on SEGA's mascot, I never felt this with Microsoft's mascot. I guess because Nintendo and Microsoft never promoted themselves as competing with each other. There was always Mario vs. Sonic but Mario vs. Master Chief? I never really hear about that. It doesn't even feel the same.

Of course, I know people would love to see Samus and Master Chief thanks to Haloid (which I also loved by the way) but even then, it's not exciting enough for me to want to see Master Chief in Smash. Though funny enough, they're somewhat linked through the Dead or Alive series (thanks, Koei Tecmo).

Now Crash is a character I'd be more interested in seeing. Unlike with Chief, his rivalry with plumber boy was heavily promoted and he was created to compete with both Mario and Sonic back in the day. Now here's a series where he can finally beat'em both up.
Microsoft mascot was going to be and should been Blind, his face structure was PERFECT for cute or cool depending on his expression like Sonic

7NATOR

Smash Master
Time for a little history lesson.

Back in the pre-Smash 4 Days, we had something called the SmashBoards Elite Four.

It was our top five most wanted characters. Like the Elite Four from Pokemon, there was a champion too.

Before the game's reveal, the champion was none other than Mewtwo. With the other four being Mega Man, Ridley, King K. Rool and Little Mac. Those five were decided by a number of extensive community polls done by a fantastic community member by the name of Shorts (RIP King).

When the game and Mega Man was revealed, Palutena joined the Elite Four and replaced Mega Man. When Little Mac was revealed, Isaac replaced him. By the time Palutena was revealed, people stop tracking the Elite Four thing so much. The Gematsu leaks were dominating the conversation.

All of the original SmashBoards Elite Four were eventually included in the franchise. But my question is... What do you think today's Elite Four would be? And should we work together to find out today's Elite Four would be?

Also, my memory past Little Mac's reveal was slightly foggy. I know Palutena eventually joined the Elite Four, but my memory is still foggy on Isaac. If I misremembered anything. Let me know.

If I had to do an Elite Four with a Champion, it would be

Bandana Dee (Champion)
Waluigi
Geno
Isaac
Crash

I put Bandana Dee as the Champion and not Waluigi because I think Bandana Dee has his huge Japanese Popularity backing him, as well as being popular with Western Audiences. I also think Bandana Dee is a more agreeable option, even among people that don't find him exciting personally (like me)

And I would put Isaac in the Elite Four because he has endured for so Long and still is popular with the fanbase, despite his franchise being dormant for all these years. I think he also represents a Nintendo Franchise people want to see come back the most (next in line would be Rhythm heaven Character)

However Since Sora is in the game, and that the Landscape of Smash Character requests has gotten bigger and more varied, I rather do a "Organization 13" of Smash Character requests. It's not really ordered, But there are characters here that might be more popular in Certain circles than others, Let me know if you disagree with these picks

Organization 13

-Bandana Dee
-Waluigi
-Geno
-Isaac
-Dixie
-Another Zelda Character
-Another Sonic Character
-Crash
-Master Chief
-Dante
-Rayman
-Reimu
-Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Cadet
I don't really see the whole Playstation mascot angle for Crash cause I feel like he's definitely not close to that these days, but he has plenty of merit on his own so it's no big deal. And like, I get why some fans would see it that way and want him in for that reason, nothing wrong with that.

I do think it's a bit funny how Microsoft has been buying out so many massive companies and has accrued enough major publishers to have essentially bought its way into the third biggest gaming company for just its gaming division, which has plenty of legal and ethical implications, but the discussion in these circles about that is "How will this affect Crash in Smash tho" lol. I get it and I get why, it's just definitely a bit odd from any other perspective.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I have a very silly question:
Do Anime-styled video game mascots exists?
I know there are Realistic or Scrimblo, but it's kinda weird that there a no VG mascots that can be considered "anime".

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I remember Blinx was the intended mascot but unfortunately, he ended up being the very definition of a failed mascot.
I'm pretty sure that's Bubsy or The Cheetahmen. Or maybe not. I mean, while Blinx is talked more in a positive light compared to those two, those two are still talked about for being infamous compared to Blinx who is hardly talked about.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that's Bubsy or The Cheetahmen. Or maybe not. I mean, while Blinx is talked more in a positive light compared to those two, those two are still talked about for being infamous compared to Blinx who is hardly talked about.
To be more specific, I was talking about console mascots.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is one of those characters who, at least to me personally, felt like Smash was "above" them. 64, Melee and Brawl largely avoided using the extended Mario cast, leaning a bit more into the hardcore side of gaming. It's what made it really distinct from the usual Mario spin-offs like Party and Kart.
Like, instead of Toad and Koopa Troopa you'd get Marth and the Ice Climbers. Instead of bringing in Daisy or King Boo, Smash would dig into secondary characters of other series that are less in the spotlight: Meta Knight, Falco, Zelda... Even characters who did appear in Mario spin-offs like Diddy, Wario and even Yoshi were 100% based on their own games.
Of course the Mario characters were and are more famous than most of the Smash roster, but Smash is not about that. It's more for the real aficionados. A character like Ridley probably wouldn't have been asked for so much outside of that mindset.

But also, of course... that was then.
Nowadays, Bowser Jr. is in, the Koopalings are in, Daisy is in, Rosalina is in, not to mention Piranha Plant... Waluigi and Toad are basically the two usual faces that are not playable, so their absence feels weird.
I lean more towards Toad, but yeah there's not much reason to keep Waluigi out.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Crash and Master Chief getting in would for a lot of people (admittedly myself included) complete that kind of rival mascot concept through all the relevant periods (Sonic as Sega's face in the early 90s, Crash as the unofficial icon of Sony in the mid to late 90s, and MS as the Microsoft symbol in the early aughts). Beyond the fact that game genres and their successes became so varied in the era after this that mascot vs mascot wasn't a marketing hook, I think Mario himself became a bit of an elder statesmen to the broader gaming world. "Move over plumber boy" wasn't a sentiment or image developers wanted for their series, and I think many fans by that time wouldn't have too receptive to it.

In some ways its why Smash is so special; a time capsule of the more heated time period for such rivalries and a healthier context for such characters to battle it out than cheap shots in marketing or online fistfights between fandoms (though the latter will probably always happen Smash be damned).

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
But with Waluigi, it's less what he does and more how he does it. He has a highly distinct personality that is very easy to build around. He would probably end up punching and kicking a lot, but those moves can be just as interesting and unique as the things other characters do simply because it's Waluigi doing the punching and kicking, in his own eccentric sort of way. Add in some cute spinoff props to spice it up even more, let him angrily stomp around the battlefield and flash a dirty snicker when he wallops you with the tennis racket or something, and it's gold.
This. We've even already seen examples of this in Smash before, including the latest entry.

Prior to his reveal, a lot of people based their movesets for Ridley off of his aerial combat expertise with how his boss battles in Metroid games tend to go and how he spends much of his time in the air and using either his fire breath or tail attacks to hit an enemy while airborne, but when he actually became playable in Ultimate, while still a respectable aerial fighter, the aspect his moveset was perhaps most based around was his personality.

Ridley is a cruel, sadistic space dragon, made most evident in Super Metroid with his personal theft of the baby Metroid and his backstory as the Space Pirate commander who gleefully led an attack on Samus' home town, and his moves that weren't made to purely be practical were instead made to reflect that personality. Space Pirate Rush where he drags an opponent across a floor at high speed, his roar taunt when the attack finishes, his Skewer attack that's difficult to land but deals immense damage and stuns an opponent, his D-air stomp attack, his throws, his taunts, and even some of his victory screens such as the one where he tears up the ground before smirking at the camera, all reflect his cruelty and ruthlessness.

Characterss do generally need abilities and attacks to pull from in order to make a complete moveset that doesn't have just wholly original attacks, but incorporating a character's personality into their moveset can help inspire how some of those moves work, or even inspire a few new attacks that they've never been seen using before, yet suit their character and skill set regardless.

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Cadet
Waluigi is one of those characters who, at least to me personally, felt like Smash was "above" them. 64, Melee and Brawl largely avoided using the extended Mario cast, leaning a bit more into the hardcore side of gaming. It's what made it really distinct from the usual Mario spin-offs like Party and Kart.
Like, instead of Toad and Koopa Troopa you'd get Marth and the Ice Climbers. Instead of bringing in Daisy or King Boo, Smash would dig into secondary characters of other series that are less in the spotlight: Meta Knight, Falco, Zelda... Even characters who did appear in Mario spin-offs like Diddy, Wario and even Yoshi were 100% based on their own games.
Of course the Mario characters were and are more famous than most of the Smash roster, but Smash is not about that. It's more for the real aficionados. A character like Ridley probably wouldn't have been asked for so much outside of that mindset.
Yeah I think it's interesting to recognise sometimes that like, Smash covering as many Nintendo franchises as it does and making the pulls it does would not at all be a given if the franchise was only created today. It's easy to see a timeline where Smash basically just ended up with basically a Mario Kart roster, no Fire Emblem/Xenoblade/Kid Icarus/Mother/etc. Obviously, we don't live in that timeline, so I'm not gonna say "you should appreciate the current roster based on this made-up hypothetical", but it is cool that a character like Ridley, a recurring but not even consistent antagonist from one of Nintendo's less popular and less selling franchises, can be considered a big enough deal that his demand led to him being a big E3 character reveal.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I forgot Crash and Doom Slayer are microsoft reps now lol.
I think Crash kind of makes the most sense (to add first at least).
I think the Smash community wants Crash the most. I think Microsoft wants Master Chief the most.

And just like that, never taking a word you say seriously again.
What a loss...

and no one I know call him a Scrimblo/Gwimbly thingamajig.
I really hope calling them Gwimblys replaces Scrimblo. :D

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Clones should exist. They should just also be classified as Echoes.

The fact that we have one official term an two fan terms to describe 3 different versions of "character that uses another character's moves" is dumb as hell.

If a characters moveset isn't unique, they should be an Echo.
Still doesn't work that way. Moveset Clones did not originate because of Echoes. They originated because of extra time to create characters, and have been one kind of Model Swap Fighter. This isn't some weird made up thing. This literally happened. It was just cited recently. The reclassifcation won't ever make any sense since they have had definitions(most of it is loose, agreed). Notably Echoes were not a "last minute clone" either as a concept. While two previous ones were turned into those, the other 5 were planned from the start. Normal clones were otherwise last minute(Smash 64, Melee, 4), while Brawl didn't have any normal clones, but still had everyone in planned from the start. Albeit, it still had older clones, but generally some were Model Swap Fighters(Wolf is especially barely a clone at all, but still required Fox for 70% of the work required). Either way, Ultimate did things a tad differently, similar to Brawl's project plan(but everyone who was base was meant to be base and made it in there, so still a notable difference).

Stop acting like there's rules for how Echoes work! There aren't!

You're like one of those people that keep making up rules for who can't get into Smash based on what hasn't happened yet, and then has to retract their "rule" when a character is added that breaks that rule.

There's only differences that Echoes have had, and differences they haven't had...yet.
I mean other than citing countless times that they "must have the same bodyshape" being the exact reason should say something. And no, there isn't a "didn't happen yet". It literally was told to us that's a defining part of an Echo.

But here's yet another quote which shows... you're still wrong; "Isabelle was designed as sort of a customized version of Villager–similar, but not an Echo Fighter. Echo Fighters have the same shape and structure as their original counterparts, but Villager and Isabelle are built completely differently. Some of their actions, like the Pocket, are very similar in order to maintain the Animal Crossing feel. Also, she’s cute, especially when she’s moving around."

He literally tells us that it's a rule. Sorry, man, but that's just how it is. It's directly cited. You can disagree with it all you want, but that's something that is a hard fact. Is it possible something could change later? Sure. But saying it isn't a hard rule at this time doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Besides that, there's really no reason to try and redefine it.

That said, hey, that's fair if you dislike the normal type of clones Smash has(which is clearly variable) over only Echo Fighters. And it's a perfectly fine headcanon, but people don't just say that to make up stuff. It's actually based around facts. We absolutely hard know the only core rule, and there's no denying the rest is actually legitimately difficult to define. (And this is not counting the bad 4 Marth meme. That never made sense outside of being silly). We don't know if Weight is an actual real factor or just turned out that way due to say, not much time to test. Understandably the overall attributes being similar to the original make sense, as they're mostly 1:1 characters. It still counts as an observation. Only actual thing said about that was by Reggie, who isn't a proper source.

The most confirmed is "they sometimes will have some changes in general", being with the citing of "Echo fighters aren’t simple reskins. First, we give them their own taunts and victory animations. Then, we adjust their abilities and parameters as necessary. Many people also overlook the artwork. Each piece features a given character in their standing pose, and each one undergoes a slew of tiny revisions–but it doesn’t end there. We then have to create a total of eight palette swaps for those artworks. I don’t think there are many other games that feature artwork that changes colors like that." This doesn't make it sound like attributes must be similar, even though it turned out to be the case. And it's fair to think it's not that simple. Cause it isn't, heh.

I do hope they define it more beyond "same bodyshape", though. That's a really boring set of information and doesn't help much to speculate. While the rest at least can be observed reasonably due to what we know of, the massive lack of information is just silly. Nothing is stopping him from making it a tad more clear. The only thing I know of is some weird interview that compares Ken and Dr. Mario, but apparently that's just a rumor or something somebody said but never cited?? I dunno. That's about the only time how Echoes work had any note of being arbitrary(and I agree there is some, due to a major ambiguous set of information).

Anyway, I don't have an "Elite 4" personally. There's all kinds of characters I want. Brian from Quest 64 is always the highest one, but beyond that, nobody is a pure standout.

And yeah, what made Ridley awesome to me is while it's kind of hard to do exact animations at times, making their personality similar is really nice. He's just perfect. I can't mesh well with him, but I'm very happy with how got done. He needs more buffs. I always thought he'd be more aerial too, but they did a great job of focusing on his personality far more than just canon moves(which is a good thing. This, as said before, gives more leeway).

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean other than citing countless times that they "must have the same bodyshape" being the exact reason should say something.
Except that's complete bull****. Because Alt Costumes don't have to have the same body shape. M/F Wii Fit Trainer, Corrin, Byleth, all the Koopalings. None of these use the same body type.

So if Alt Costumes, which have to play completely identical, don't have to have the same body type, then why would Echoes, which don't have to be identical?

countless times
Two is countless?

He literally tells us that it's a rule. Sorry, man, but that's just how it is. It's directly cited.
Did You Know: Things Sakurai says aren't always true.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
[/QUOTE]
People don't want Waluigi in smash, they want an entirely original character in smash inspired by their idea of Waluigi.
The way this makes NO sense 😭

Almost every Smash character is an original character inspired by the idea of (insert blank). Every character has some sort of creative liberty to their design. Every. Single. One.

With Waluigi, there's even more room for that fun stuff because the actual character is nothing! And I say that in the best way. Waluigi is a nothing character but that's the fun of him. He's almost self aware of his unimportance. And that's funny.

You could sneak in some references to stuff he has done like a tennis move of course, or his pretty iconic moonwalking. But other than that? The world (Waluigi's moveset) is your (Sakurai's) oyster my dear.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dr. Mario is the exact same weight as Mario.
They aren't the same Heaviness. That's two different things.

I didn't mean weight. I'm talking about how Dr. Mario moves overall slower and has less mobility. A heavy style. Apologies for the confusion. (Also, they have at one point had different weights, heh).

More akin to this factor; "Dr. Mario's walking speed, dashing speed and initial dash speed use a 0.7942× multiplier; while his short hop height, double jump height, air speed, air acceleration and air friction use a 0.7648× multiplier. As a result, Dr. Mario is significantly less mobile than Mario."

"Dr. Mario's lower short hop makes it easier for him to pressure opponents with short hops and use short hop aerials against grounded opponents, but limits his ability to perform two aerials in a short hop." As well as this. His playstyle is a heavier take on Mario due to specific unique stats catered to it.

That's how what would apply more to Metal Mario, who could still have the same Weight but be a much heavier playstyle. Though I really don't think his weight would be the same. But they remade how Dr. Mario works by instead of giving him different Weight, changing his overall attributes to make him seem heavier overall. I hope that explains the confusion on it. :)

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
Volcano-Level Hot Take:
Negative Zone >>> Mario & Luigi + Poltergust-based moveset
Poltergust Final Smash kinda sucks because... well. It just literally sucks. It does the most basic thing you can do in a Luigi's Mansion game. You know it's like if Mario's Final Smash was a big fireball, or Samus' Final Smash was a big laser. Jokes aside, in Luigi's case it feels weird because he doesn't have the real deal in his moveset, it's literally just the FS.

Also, idk if it's just me, but it feels like an inclusion that's just there to tell people "Look guys! He did the thing!" instead of actually looking cool.

Negative Zone was funny but almost feels too...fever dream-like. It made me uncomfortable. Which I guess was the point but Luigi isn't really in Mario's shadow anymore so sticking it to him feels weird now.

They aren't the same Heaviness. That's two different things.

I didn't mean weight. I'm talking about how Dr. Mario moves overall slower and has less mobility. A heavy style. Apologies for the confusion. (Also, they have at one point had different weights, heh).

More akin to this factor; "Dr. Mario's walking speed, dashing speed and initial dash speed use a 0.7942× multiplier; while his short hop height, double jump height, air speed, air acceleration and air friction use a 0.7648× multiplier. As a result, Dr. Mario is significantly less mobile than Mario."

"Dr. Mario's lower short hop makes it easier for him to pressure opponents with short hops and use short hop aerials against grounded opponents, but limits his ability to perform two aerials in a short hop." As well as this. His playstyle is a heavier take on Mario due to specific unique stats catered to it.

That's how what would apply more to Metal Mario, who could still have the same Weight but be a much heavier playstyle. Though I really don't think his weight would be the same. But they remade how Dr. Mario works by instead of giving him different Weight, changing his overall attributes to make him seem heavier overall. I hope that explains the confusion on it. :)
Yeah I understand what you mean now.

Still, Metal Mario being the same weight (98) as the regular and doctor versions is kinda weird, especially because of Mario Kart. Not to mention the Metal Box is already an item that makes you heavy, gives you armor, makes you stronger, and fall faster. How would Metal Mario transform into Metal Metal Mario upon grabbing the Metal Box.

Speaking of metals, they need to give every Smash character the Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach voice filter from Mario Kart 8 when they turn metallic. It's one of the most iconic part of the Mario metal clones atp. And also speaking of Pink Gold Peach, make her Peach's form when she grabs the Metal Box. Or at least give her a rose gold alt, replacing the ugly gold one.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I understand what you mean now.

Still, Metal Mario being the same weight (98) as the regular and doctor versions is kinda weird, especially because of Mario Kart. Not to mention the Metal Box is already an item that makes you heavy, gives you armor, makes you stronger, and fall faster. How would Metal Mario transform into Metal Metal Mario upon grabbing the Metal Box.

Speaking of metals, they need to give every Smash character the Metal Mario/Pink Gold Peach voice filter from Mario Kart 8 when they turn metallic. It's one of the most iconic part of the Mario metal clones atp. And also speaking of Pink Gold Peach, make her Peach's form when she grabs the Metal Box. Or at least give her a rose gold alt, replacing the ugly gold one.
While it is possible to cheese it with multipliers, it just makes more sense to make Metal Mario a regular clone anyway. Assuming Weight is even something important to an Echo, anyway. But I can imagine Metal Mario having enough differences that beyond that that his style could be kind of a inbetween of Mario and Dr. Mario that he wouldn't work that well as one. (Likewise, if the attributes are heavily changed to such a major degree, there's a fair chance it wouldn't hit the label. I'm not even accounting for Metal Mario being from Smash 64, which would be a pretty arbitrary reason to not hitting that status too. On the other hand, it might be a pretty big reason for Dr. Mario to not count as one. We just don't know, unfortunately).

Absolutely agreed on the filters. If they have a voice, use it! Though I admit them being voiceless machines adds to the badassery and in some ways make them seem way more dangerous and cold-blooded. It also helps the original Metal Mario was a separated character, so it's not hard to give the Metals their own personality to a degree. Then again, sometimes it works fine in both ways. Many don't have voices and keep this factor. Those who do still sound pretty dangerous~

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
That's why you give it to Waluigi instead :V
We went over this a few days ago with Black Shadow (BS lol) but I'm not a huge fan of characters getting someone else's leftovers.

Negative Zone doesn't even really make sense for Waluigi because he constantly wants a spotlight on him. Making it darker around him doesn't seem in-character, despite often being in the shadows of literally every other Mario character.

My favorite Waluigi FS idea that I literally just came up with is him trapping his opponents in a pinball machine and playing a game of pinball while they're in it. The stage is replaced by a uniquely crafted, Waluigi themed game of pinball. You control the flippers with the shoulder buttons on your controller and try to hit your opponents with the ball. All while an unhinged remix of Waluigi Pinball intercepts the normal music for a little, and a giant looming Waluigi appears in the background with flashing purple lights and other casino related imagery.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Volcano-Level Hot Take:
Negative Zone >>> Mario & Luigi + Poltergust-based moveset
I actually liked Negative Zone as a Final Smash because of how bizarre (and effective for K.Oing opponents if used well) but like Superprincess said above, it doesn't really suit Luigi's character, especially not anymore since he's gotten several new games and more prominence in general since Brawl.

I like the Poltergust more, but I would like to see the Negative Zone return somehow.

That's why you give it to Waluigi instead :V
Like this. This would perfectly fit Waluigi.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We went over this a few days ago with Black Shadow (BS lol) but I'm not a huge fan of characters getting someone else's leftovers.

Negative Zone doesn't even really make sense for Waluigi because he constantly wants a spotlight on him. Making it darker around him doesn't seem in-character, despite often being in the shadows of literally every other Mario character.
I think that was sarcasm.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For the most part, I don't either, but if it's like just one move or something like a Final Smash, I don't mind.

Doing something like placing Ganondorf's entire old moveset on Black Shadow, without even altering or significantly buffing it, however, yeah, now that'd actually be pretty lame.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace

My favorite Waluigi FS idea that I literally just came up with is him trapping his opponents in a pinball machine and playing a game of pinball while they're in it. The stage is replaced by a uniquely crafted, Waluigi themed game of pinball. You control the flippers with the shoulder buttons on your controller and try to hit your opponents with the ball. All while an unhinged remix of Waluigi Pinball intercepts the normal music for a little, and a giant looming Waluigi appears in the background with flashing purple lights and other casino related imagery.
I'd argue Negative Zone fits Waluigi better than it ever did Luigi since it emphasizes his chaotic nature. I'd also argue it doesn't "darken" anything since it's more like a giant spotlight and makes him even more garish and unavoidable to look at since a negative color for Waluigi is quite bright in comparison to Luigi's.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Are there any characters that tick ALL the boxes, relatively popular in their game/series, Charming design and personality/traits, relevant and from a franchise already in Smash BUT the one thing going against them is the number of characters above them from the same series that have equal or more qualities.
For me it's Nia from Xenoblade, lowballing it she's got Melia, Fiora, Elma, Noah and Mio, Rex and Jin, Lora and Malos as contenders. I hate how best girl is doomed to mii costume probably forever.
3f508adce84706de2ecd98f2b128f17ab0325ee8r1-786-720v2_00.jpg

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Are there any characters that tick ALL the boxes, relatively popular in their game/series, Charming design and personality/traits, relevant and from a franchise already in Smash BUT the one thing going against them is the number of characters above them from the same series that have equal or more qualities.
For me it's Nia from Xenoblade, lowballing it she's got Melia, Fiora, Elma, Noah and Mio, Rex and Jin, Lora and Malos as contenders. I hate how best girl is doomed to mii costume probably forever.View attachment 388442
Final Fantasy is overflowing with cool potential fighters that are outranked by about 6-8 obvious choices from the franchise (about 3 of them from FFVII alone).

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Final Fantasy is overflowing with cool potential fighters that are outranked by about 6-8 obvious choices from the franchise (about 3 of them from FFVII alone).
Rotating cast franchises like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy and Xenoblade are doomed to having really interesting side main characters or popular characters screwed over for MAIN main characters.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'd argue Negative Zone fits Waluigi better than it ever did Luigi since it emphasizes his chaotic nature. I'd also argue it doesn't "darken" anything since it's more like a giant spotlight and makes him even more garish and unavoidable to look at since a negative color for Waluigi is quite bright in comparison to Luigi's.

Evil Waluigi Be Like

Top Bottom