• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People taking the lore of wacky wahoo plumber "I eat-a da spaghetti, I save-a da princess" man a little too seriously

Use your imagination. Maybe he wants some treasure. Maybe he wants some glory for once, to prove he’s better at adventuring than Luigi. You could think of a lot of scenarios.

Your lack of creativity does not discredit by thesis :dkmelee:
Then you have Luigi still one up him and get all the credit at the end anyway thus retaining the sanctity of checks notes Waluigi's deep and thought provoking character trait of being a loser.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If Hayabusa ever gets into Smash, not only should they use both his modern and classic designs, but his moveset should also be a mix between his Ninja Gaiden counterpart (both classic and modern) and his Dead Or Alive counterpart. They could probably use his Izuna Drop as his Up Throw.

Also, we need a new remix of Unbreakable Determination (Act 4-2).
Yep to all of that.

And his reveal trailer should be the NG1 intro, but with Greninja.

You know who else would make a good Namco rep? Either Siegfried or Nightmare from Soul Calibur (since they're both practically the mascots of the franchise).
Nightmare for sure. He's straight up the logo for the franchise.

Siegfried as a possible Echo.

Seems like a missed opportunity to add one and not make the other the alt. If they went with SC2 as the default look (which there's a good argument for, it being the most successful and by far the most known to Nintendo audiences), they're literally the same character.
I'd prefer the SC3 version of Siegfried, since that's the one that wields Soulcalibur.

Then you'd have the Soul Edge vs. the Soulcalibur.

If they ever did another Smash Bros game, what do you all think the title will be???
Assuming it's not Ultimate Deluxe, I hope they go the Mario Kart route and just call it Smash Bros. 6.
What we really need is for Toad to get his own game. Not Captain Toad, that's a different guy, but the Toad, the red-spots-blue-vest Toad.
Captain Toad is the superior Toad.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know what would be a pretty cool unique mechanic for Dante if he gets in? They could give him a Devil Trigger gauge.

On a mostly unrelated note, if a Warriors character gets in, they could have a Musou bar, and once the Musou bar is full, their Final Smash could be their True Musou attack.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Creativity without meaning is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Dude, wtf kind of toxic philosophy is that? Somehow managing to gatekeep both 'creativity' and 'meaning' in one sentence.

I know it might not happen, but many fans for many years to this day, want to see Waluigi star in his own video game, and some will definitely want to see it on the Nintendo Switch 2.
Waluigi's Wrecking Crew.

mike drop

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
On a mostly unrelated note, if a Warriors character gets in, they could have a Musou bar, and once the Musou bar is full, their Final Smash could be their True Musou attack.
Although, I guess in order for the True Musou attack to work, they'd have to have taken some heavy damage (70% or more)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here are some pretty cool ideas for Mii Fighters:
The two I want, simply because of how many game characters can be represented by them are:

Mii Mage - wields a staff
Aerith [Final Fantasy] (converted from Swordfighter)
Ashley [WarioWare] (converted from Swordfighter)
Lip [Panel de Pon] (converted from Swordfighter)
Veronica [Dragon Quest] (converted from Swordfighter)
Vince [Art Academy] (converted from Swordfighter)
Viridi [Kid Icarus] (converted from Swordfighter)
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Kamek [Super Mario Bros.]
FF Black Mage [Mario Sports Mix]
FF White Mage [Mario Sports Mix]
Reimu [Touhou]
Magus [Chrono Trigger]

Mii Ninja - wields dual short blades
Altaïr [Assassin’s Creed] (converted from Swordfighter)
Goemon [Mystical Ninja] (converted from Swordfighter)
Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown] (converted from Swordfighter)
Ninjara [ARMS] (converted from Brawler)
FF Ninja [Mario Sports Mix]
Joe Musashi [Shinobi]
Rikimaru [Tenchu]
Guy [Final Fight]
Ibuki [Street Fighter]
Taki [SoulCalibur]
Kasumi [Dead or Alive]
Corvo Attano [Dishonored]

Mii w/ Spear, Naginata and/or Bo Staff
Mii Lancer
How is a Lancer different from a Spear-user?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm guessing the reason why some people are a bit hesitant on a Waluigi centric game is that he's the type of character that could easily fall into the same pitfall as other comic relief type characters that starred in their own spin offs such as the Rabbids, Minions, The Patrick Star Show and Planet Sheen etc, where its pretty much nothing but mindless haha Wah meme's with little else for substance...

I do agree its probably best he stars alongside Wario in a Wario Land or Ware game first so he has someone to properly bounce off of and develop his character a little further before he does his own thing.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I could see a Smash release in late 2025. It'd require that Sakurai began work on the project in 2022, which I don't think is too out there depending on how labour-intensive Masahiro Sakurai on Creating Games is on him personally and how much of the production process he was able to frontend. Assuming the Switch 2 delay rumours are true and Nintendo scrapped a 2024 release to focus on year one software, Pokemon and Smash are two games that would justify such a delay. Throw in Animal Crossing and/or Mario Kart as another tent pole, a couple of entries in Nintendo's small series like Fire Emblem and Metroid throughout the year, and you've got yourself a pretty solid year-one lineup.

I don't think the Studio S listing from a couple of months ago necessarily meant that it was hiring for pre-development. Game development is a long process that requires a lot of staff doing a variety of roles at a given time. Life happens, people come and go from projects, and the makeup of the dev team may change.

Smash always releases within the first two years of a console's lifespan. Assuming the Switch 2 is released in early 2025, late 2026 is the latest that a new entry could come out (I can't see Smash not being a holiday title). However, Ultimate was such a phenomenal success and 2026 is around the time that Zelda, Splatoon, and Xenoblade will be receiving new entries, so I could see Nintendo structuring their software releases to have Smash release before then.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On the topic of Waluigi, I don't think he need his own spin-off to be in Smash. I mean, both Rosalina and Bowser Jr. never got their "own" game, it's just happen that Rosalina had a big role in the most popular Mario game at the time (Galaxy), while Jr. was very prominent at the time too (appearing in Sunshine, the New series, and Galaxy). I think all Waluigi need is a small boost like that. Appearing in Mario rpg would already help him a lot (like in a future Mario + Rabbids or Mario & Luigi if that series make a comeback), or being playable in Wonder would have boost him a lot too. Considering his popularity, I don't think it's out of the question that he appeared eventually in non-sports Mario game. If Daisy could, I'm sure Waluigi could eventually.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This is the best Spyro fan moveset I've seen
I just checked out FeliciaFan’s channel and it seems like we have a lot of similar interests in characters. I watched his Gengar video and I thought it was really cool. Glad he shared my idea for Dream Eater as a down special. I love the drain mechanic and I’ve used something similar on a couple of my movesets (Illidan and Raziel). I’ll have to watch some others later on. The ones on my personal list are Zoroark, Fulgore, Zero, Sub-Zero and EMMI so I’ll watch those first.

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Then you have Luigi still one up him and get all the credit at the end anyway thus retaining the sanctity of checks notes Waluigi's deep and thought provoking character trait of being a loser.
"Being a loser" is his one of his trait and his appeal to some. like Doronbo or Doofenshirmtz. Mock it all you like but Nintendo themselves has been insistent on it. It's the reason he will never anything on his own outside Mario spin-offs.

I don't seeing how character consistency is now "taking lore too seriously" instead of just basic character design.

Dude, wtf kind of toxic philosophy is that? Somehow managing to gatekeep both 'creativity' and 'meaning' in one sentence.
Bringing out all the buzzwords for this one.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
"Being a loser" is his one of his trait and his appeal to some. like Doronbo or Doofenshirmtz. Mock it all you like but Nintendo themselves has been insistent on it. It's the reason he will never anything on his own outside Mario spin-offs.
Or you can just...create a game around that.

Like a game where the only thing you're good at is causing destruction and wrecking things. Perhaps a concept drawn from a retro NES game that's itching for a revival.

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Or you can just...create a game around that.

Like a game where the only thing you're good at is causing destruction and wrecking things. Perhaps a concept drawn from a retro NES game that's itching for a revival.
Or something based on competition like Dance Revolution but Waluigi focused but nah, taking things way too serious here.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If Zero ever gets into Smash, I'm hoping they use both of his designs from Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero. They could give him a remix of his X2 theme with elements of his X1 theme.

X would also be pretty cool. Just imagine him being able to do a Hadoken and/or Shoryuken in Smash...

On an unrelated note, if Dante ever gets into Smash, they should add Mundus as a boss.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If Zero ever gets into Smash, I'm hoping they use both of his designs from Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero. They could give him a remix of his X2 theme with elements of his X1 theme.

X would also be pretty cool. Just imagine him being able to do a Hadoken and/or Shoryuken in Smash...

On an unrelated note, if Dante ever gets into Smash, they should add Mundus as a boss.
I’d love both X and Zero. My preference is Zero’s X design but I wouldn’t complain about his Zero form as an alt. I’d love to see the wall sliding and climbing mechanic from Mega Man X if either one makes it in. I feel like that would be a ton of fun in Smash. That’s something only a game like Smash could bring over compared to a traditional fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom. Incorporating the platforming aspects of their movesets for Smash would help differentiate his Smash character from MvC.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know what I think would be a pretty cool feature for Smash? What if they let you change the weather of the stages?
Ohhh, kind of like Sonic R for the PC, right?

So, how would that work for indoor stages?
Maybe they could also add in a feature to change the time of day (E.G. morning, noon, evening, night)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Maybe they could also add in a feature to change the time of day (E.G. morning, noon, evening, night)
I think it would be cool on stages that in the source material have different time of day, such has Great plateau tower or New donk city, but imo it would be odd in other stages like Mushroom kingdom U at night or Green greens at night would feel off imo.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know who else would make a good Namco rep? Either Siegfried or Nightmare from Soul Calibur (since they're both practically the mascots of the franchise). They could give him remixes of Soul and Sword, In The Name Of Father, and a remixed medley of Worth Dying For and Raise Thy Sword.

Mitsurugi would also be pretty cool.
I'm also hoping for a new orchestral hard rock/heavy metal arrangement of The Edge Of Soul (with the opening narration from the original game)

Last edited:
Top Bottom