• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like there might be some unintended connotations with that term these days though I do agree it has a cool sound to it.
I also thought about Uproar, but I didn’t know if that sounded catchy. “Riot” sounds like what would’ve been a new game mechanic to replace Rage or something.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Personally, even though I think every character could come back in the Next Smash, I definitely didn't think it be through an Upgraded port. If the next Console really is a Switch 2 or something like that, I Imagine it would be backwards compatible, which would kind of defeat the purpose of a port if you could just play the Actual Smash Ultimate game on your new console

RIP the dream of more Ultimate content.

Ah well, I guess Sakurai has figured out some direction for a new Smash title that has to compete with Ultimate.
The Smash game that "Exceeds" even Smash Ultimate. I'd think it be best to do it now when Nintendo's Relations with other companies is the best it's ever been, they have all that Switch (and Movie) money, Nintendo I.Ps are probably at their most valuable in a long time, along with Sakurai still being on board for the Series, and Bandai Namco still on board for Development. I wouldn't wait if the idea is possible now because there might not be a later to even achieve it

And I know Longterm it won't be feasible to keep doing it, unless Technology makes Game Development much easier in the future. I just think the circumstances are right to do it now

timrtabor1234

Smash Rookie
I’ve been on a bit of a RPG kick lately. I finally finished Octopath Traveller 2 and the DLC for Xenoblade 3. I’m working on Triangle Strategy now and I’m planning on getting the Tales of Arise DLC next. I’ve also got Disgaea 6, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and a bunch of others I’m hoping to get to at some point as well.

Are there any other RPG characters you’d love to see in Smash? Some of my own most wanted are Magus (Chrono Trigger), Zegram (Rogue Galaxy), H’aanit (Octopath Traveller), Etna (Disgaea), Garnet (Final Fantasy), Alphen/Shionne (Tales), and Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts).
Odio
/Oersted
could be interesting due to the reincarnation conceit giving you a ton of different angles you could go through though they have no chance in hell considering its a one off Super Nintendo character that just happen to get a remake.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’ve been on a bit of a RPG kick lately. I finally finished Octopath Traveller 2 and the DLC for Xenoblade 3. I’m working on Triangle Strategy now and I’m planning on getting the Tales of Arise DLC next. I’ve also got Disgaea 6, Shin Megami Tensei 5 and a bunch of others I’m hoping to get to at some point as well.

Are there any other RPG characters you’d love to see in Smash? Some of my own most wanted are Magus (Chrono Trigger), Zegram (Rogue Galaxy), H’aanit (Octopath Traveller), Etna (Disgaea), Garnet (Final Fantasy), Alphen/Shionne (Tales), and Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts).
For me, Estelle Bright from Trails in the Sky.

BuckleyTim

Smash Apprentice
after the last spirit event is revealed (and is probably mario wonder) i'm gonna dip from this thread until something concrete about smash or the switch 2 is revealed

with the idea of something even teeny happening gone there ain't anything to discuss that hasn't already been discussed lol

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Reboot: Super Smash Bros.
Sequel: Super Smash Bros. Infinite (so it can never end)
Iteration of "fight": Super Smash Bros. FRACAS (Acronym TBD)

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman

Some of mine are Terra (FF6), Kefka (FF6), Laharl (Disgaea), Neku (Twewy), Agumon (Digimon), Venoct (Yo-kai Watch), Estelle (Trails), Demi-fiend (SMT3), Aigis (Persona 3) and Terra (Kingdom Hearts). I have more but I just wanted to list 10.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
We going back to Clayface Dorf and SFV Ken
I don’t care for this look at all but I actually do like Ken’s default costume for Street Fighter V.

And that's without the banana hair

Capcom were all in on making their FGs ugly as hell in the mid 2010s

The face is still a bit goofy but the hair style and costume are actually pretty cool.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
What do people think about a Mario vs Donkey Kong stage?

Personally, even though I think every character could come back in the Next Smash, I definitely didn't think it be through an Upgraded port. If the next Console really is a Switch 2 or something like that, I Imagine it would be backwards compatible, which would kind of defeat the purpose of a port if you could just play the Actual Smash Ultimate game on your new console
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

Sakurai says that since the Sora amiibo released, he's finally finished with Ultimate.

Port dream is dead.
i'd better start working on that olimar moveset overhaul video then lol

Stratos

Smash Ace
I know most people won't like the title name I came up with, but that's what came to mind and that is "Super Smash Bros. Combination".

superprincess

Smash Journeyman

Sakurai says that since the Sora amiibo released, he's finally finished with Ultimate.

Port dream is dead.
"Dream"? A port would be a nightmare.

Pupp135

Smash Lord

My most wanted ones are Tidus (FFX) and Isaac (Golden Sun)

Top Bottom