• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I actually really like every character from Tales of Arise and I’d love to see any of them in Smash. I’d say that Shionne is my favorite though and I’ve been playing as her for a good chunk of the game. I still haven’t beaten it yet but I’m liking it a lot so far.

As for Jena, there’s just something I love about her design and mysterious character. Astral Chain was a lot of fun and I’d still be happy with Officer Howard even if we don’t get Jena.

I feel like if I was more familiar with the games, a LoL character would probably be high on my list. I’ve never played the games but almost every character has a really cool design. I think my top two favorites are Kha’Zix and Nocturne.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I actually really like every character from Tales of Arise and I’d love to see any of them in Smash. I’d say that Shionne is my favorite though and I’ve been playing as her for a good chunk of the game. I still haven’t beaten it yet but I’m liking it a lot so far.

As for Jena, there’s just something I love about her design and mysterious character. Astral Chain was a lot of fun and I’d still be happy with Officer Howard even if we don’t get Jena.

I feel like if I was more familiar with the games, a LoL character would probably be high on my list. I’ve never played the games but almost every character has a really cool design. I think my top two favorites are Kha’Zix and Nocturne.
My favorite LoL champs are Evelynn and Xayah, but the latter almost never goes anywhere without her boyfriend Rakan and the former is… REALLY NOT FOR GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Not anyone.
Maybe everyone wants to promote FE Lyn to be Playable.
The Bunny doesn't have a cool moveset. He could just grab people as all his attacks.
(My opinion, no Offense)

Not even Sukapon has bad moveset potential, he could even appear as Retro Rep in Smash 6.
1: I was joking
2: I want him playable😡😡😡😡

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This guy?

View attachment 337804

I don't really touch many RPGs outside of FF, so what does this guy and his series do that is fresh enough to bring to the table for Smash?

Is there a dope mechanic unique to Ys? Also, how the hell do you pronounce Ys?

Yeah, that’s the guy. I actually bought two Ys games but I never got around to actually playing much of them. I believe the series is pronounced like “geese” but without the G. I don’t know much about the specifics of Adol’s moveset but the games do have very good music.

1: I was joking
2: I want him playable😡😡😡😡
Eeyyy!
That's my opinion!
And I know you're joking and you want him to be Playable, but some people don't think that he could be Playable like Me.

And stop hurting my feelings. I broke your feelings, but you can't just revenge on me like that.

And Don't be angry and mean!!!

Look, someone said that Andross could be Boss character rather than Playable character and I agreed.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so what does everyone want to see in the next smash game if it happens. I should also ask who does everyone think the next mario rep will be since Mario is probably guaranteed to get a new character in base roster.
its difficult to say who is the next mario rep we could possibly get multiple including echoes but if i had to guess its between Waluigi, Foreman Spike, Pauline, King Boo, Toad and if we had to go bit crazy they can shove in Goomba or Shy Guy
as for what i would want to see my top 15 are:
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Alex Kidd
4. Ninten
5. Grovyle (PMD)
6. Bomberman
7. Sukapon
8. Rayman
9. Crash Bandicoot
10. Club Penguin
11. Harry (Teleroboxer)
12. Skull Kid
13. Boshi
14. Ms. Pac-man
15. CATS (Zero Wing)

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ooo actually...

A mii mage who pulls rng ATs when you press B. Limit 1 at a time. But you can preselect which 5 or whatever and in tournament you only select agreed upon assists like that spinning windmill one slow like a ferris wheel relatively blue I think in brawl..

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Like "keys" minus the K.

And it's kinda the opposite of dope, but that series was known for it's combat where you just bump into enemies.
Old Ys is a dinosaur, but its kinda unfair discount a character from their gameplay from 1988. Action RPGs really did not exist back then. Nowadays, Ys has some sick as hell action rpg stuff, the games are a blast. Ys VIII and IX are super fun and you have a moveset that just kind of writes itself. Its also a cool legacy pick ala Terry. Falcom have been around for ages and helped influence gaming a ton, similar to SNK. While their stuff ain't the most iconic out there, it still was a huge pioneer for RPGs.

Also Falcom music slaps so so hard. Here are just a few great tracks, and I did not even dip into Trails which has its own bops.

This guy?

View attachment 337804

I don't really touch many RPGs outside of FF, so what does this guy and his series do that is fresh enough to bring to the table for Smash?

Is there a dope mechanic unique to Ys? Also, how the hell do you pronounce Ys?
To give you the TLDR, Falcom and Ys were super influential in terms of RPGs, Think of how SNK is to fighting games. Ys is basically their longest continuously running series, Ys IX came out in the west this July. Also Falcom makes the best music.
Yeah and it's boring af.
Better it could be Arcade Bunny rather than a Role Bumping Game guy.
Could you have written this with worse grammar? This might be the most confusing and to be honest weakest line of criticism towards a character I have ever seen. You do know the games have evolved a ton since 1988 right? Or do you just come on this site to complain about third parties in Smash because Arcade Bunny or whateber niche pick you liked did not make it into Ultimate?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Honestly, I really like weird retro picks like R.O.B, Duck Hunt, and Piranha Plant. The roster tends to blend when you just throw a bunch of fan favourites and big third parties at the wall. We need room for the Ayumi Tachibanas and Sukapons of the world for Smash to really be Smash.
Yeah, I love plenty of weird characters that people wouldn’t normally think of for Smash. My number one most wanted character is a side character from a semi-obscure PS2 JRPG. My second most wanted is a secondary character from an SNES JRPG (not Geno). Two more examples I’d love to see are Goomba and Pharaoh Man. I’d even gladly take any random Zeugle from Tales of Arise since they have such cool designs.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
so what does everyone want to see in the next smash game if it happens. I should also ask who does everyone think the next mario rep will be since Mario is probably guaranteed to get a new character in base roster.
Not interested in more mario character, we already have the main duo (mario, luigi and dr mario as a bonus), 3 princess (peach, daisy and rosalina) and 3 villains (bowser, bowser jr and koopalings,pp) + yoshi, wario, DK and his family.

- mid/late switch era characters (splat 3 octolings, xeno 3 protagonist, gen 8/9 pokémon, next FE Lord, ring fit trainer)
  • Excitebiker (nes/wtf rep)
  • Dixie and Kiddy Kong as a duo character to get the complete DKC family
  • Rhythm Heaven rep as always wondered what Sakurai had in his mind years ago
  • Crash a nuke western rep and we can settle in smash the crash vs mario vs sonic rivalry
  • Master Chief as another western nuke
  • Jill with Leon as alt to get Resident Evil representation
  • Chosen Undead as Dark Souls was one of the genre defining games from last decade
  • Dante to see whose Kamiya action character is the best (Bayonetta vs Dante)
  • I liked how they handle fighting game reps in smash, so hopefully they will continue adding more (Chun-Li from Street Fighter, Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter, Scorpion and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought wanting Goku in Smash was just a meme. :191: Y'all were for real?
There's this one dude in one of my Discord servers who is 100% convinced that Goku is an inevitability, and that Nintendo will force Sakurai to break his "video game characters only" rule the second that an opportunity arises to make a profit off Goku's inclusion.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Sure, but, it does still play like that up through the 4th game on SNES.
Yeah, but even then the fourth YS was released...five years later from the first one. Ys III also plays very differently as well, and everything from Ys 6 onward gives us more moveset potential as well. It would be like harping on Hayabusa for not having moveset potential because you only went with Ninja Gaiden 1-3, while ignoring how there is plenty to work with.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It would be like harping on Hayabusa for not having moveset potential because you only went with Ninja Gaiden 1-3, while ignoring how there is plenty to work with.
I mean...other than a lack of Izuna Drop, I wouldn't complain about an NES centric moveset!

Modern Ninja Gaiden games have some of the most frustratingly complicated fighting mechanics ever, and I'm a little terrified Sakurai might try and "accurately represent" those games and ruin the character.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
There's a reason I call Duplicator plus throw1 or 2 is my favorite ninja Gaiden clone a la Sotn.

Buffalo stars.... Iron balls! So many choices would have made a nice game plus option.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
There's this one dude in one of my Discord servers who is 100% convinced that Goku is an inevitability, and that Nintendo will force Sakurai to break his "video game characters only" rule the second that an opportunity arises to make a profit off Goku's inclusion.
This is sad and confusing. M.S. being forced to kill the most important rule to include a character. Smash is already an official M.U.G.E.N, but adding Goku to Smash is the same thing as seeing an OFFICIAL Super Mario game on PlayStation or Xbox. Dragon Ball is loosely based on Journey to the West, and it would be a genius idea to implement the Yuyuki version of Sun Wukong to Smash 6.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Come on.
Super Smash Bros. had made-up fan rules broken through it's six games.
And if the next Smash breaks the boundary that M.S. established since it's inception on the Nintendo 64, we can say hello to a future rivalry with Fortnite in which has more Pop Culture icons on their pockets.
That isn't a fan rule. Stated by Sakurai himself many times. Regardless it would be a bad idea. Also other than lore side, why should Smash be another Fortnite?

Instead of having a identity as Nintendo and Gaming history, it should be a hodgepodge crossover with pop culture just stuffed in making the fanbase bigger and worse than ever before with an unrecognizable game

Why? That would be horrible outcome for Smash

Geno, Shadow, Enemy Octoling, Decidueye, Marx( Sorry Modern fans but I like Marx. Malogor or Tarzana would be cool too) and the long shot: Android 21( She actually originates from a video game so she counts).

I think with all that has happened with the memes, the outcry, fan demand, news headlines and even Reggie coming out saying that Sakurai knows people want this character. I personally believe Waluigi is a lock for Smash 6

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
Android 21( She actually originates from a video game so she counts).
Fair enough, but how would you even represent the Dragon Fighter Z universe without the manga/anime-originated characters? At least Sora has a lot to work with outside of the Disney characters.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
What if the IP is a video game property but the character isn’t? Like Jessie and James from Team Rocket.
It’s kinda weird, considering how big Jessie and James are, you’d think they and Ash would’ve at least been spirits by now if they were eligible.

Then again, Greninha does turn into Ash Greninja for his FS so I guess anime stuff is on the table?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It’s kinda weird, considering how big Jessie and James are, you’d think they and Ash would’ve at least been spirits by now if they were eligible.

Then again, Greninha does turn into Ash Greninja for his FS so I guess anime stuff is on the table?
Yeah, I wonder if there is some licensing issue preventing Smash from using the anime characters and music. I would love to see Team Rocket in Smash and bring several songs from the anime like the iconic original opening theme.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Then again, Greninja does turn into Ash Greninja for his FS so I guess anime stuff is on the table?
I think Anime and movie stuff is allowed on the table as long as the IP is video game-originated. Because we have Advent Children Cloud, alongside Omnislash Ver. 5 and remixes of Those who Fight, Those who Fight Further and One Winged Angel from Advent Children. Lucario is mostly based on the movie version from the Lucario/Mew movie, and I believe even has the same voice actor. Donkey Kong's Giant Punch was apparently based on the Banana Slamma from the DKC Cartoon. And Pichu also has an alternate costume based on the Spiky-eared Pichu from the anime. So I'm positive that under some extent, anime and movie stuff is allowed, as long as the IP is video game-originated.

While Ash was mentioned in the Pokemon Trainer's Wii U/3DS Trophy, I think part of the reason why Ash, Jessie and James are not in is because they were characters that originated in an anime, even if the anime is based on the video game. Even if the characters mentioned above like Cloud have movie/anime stuff, they still originated from a video game first.
Another reason for Ash not being in is also likely because he was based on Red, who is in Smash(and even has Ash's voice actress). And Jessie and James certainly aren't going to be given special treatment if not even any of the major/popular video game Pokemon Trainers, like Misty, Brock, Blue/Gary or even Cynthia, aren't even in Smash as Spirits.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Reminder that Pichu first appeared on a in-game event on HeartGold/SoulSilver. And the movie was released in Japan after those games we're released.
I found out why I was confused. Because I thought Spiky-Eared Pichu was one of the Pichu Bros. that were first introduced in the 3rd Pokemon movie. I thought one of the Pichu Bros. had a spiky ear when in reality, it was ruffled/spiky hair fur. And it didn't help that the Spiky-Eared Pichu is often paired with the Pikachu-colored Pichu.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Except he said that doing Terry's presentation, when he was a character no one in the smash community really knew about because they are relatively uncultured to games outside of Smash or the Nintendo sphere in addition to SNK having been out of the picture up until more recently.
Yes, that's who he is using this statement for. Terry Bogard and Samus Aran. That's the level he feels require this sort of addendum. They're not exactly the most underground characters out there.

Also it's not saying a character DOES need to be recognizable: it's saying their moveset needs to be able to be fun to play and that this is valued higher than being recognizable. It's obvious that Sakurai thinks Geno would be fun to play since he's been trying to get him in since Brawl and admitted in 2016 that he thinks this about him.

It's hilarious how someone can see this image and get something that wasn't even intended out of it.
No, if you say something needs to be x, not just y, they also need to be y. They need to be both.

If someone says you need to wear shoes, not just socks, do you think they're saying you don't have to wear socks?

EDIT: Wow, there is more wrong with your post then I first realized.

First off, Steve was thought to be hard to work because of how he looks and how hard it would be to code, which ended up being true coding-wise. Sephiroth was actually thought to be too strong and his sword a problem, but Sakurai had already made Min Min so he decided it was fine. Kazuya got picked over Heihachi because he couldn't work in Smash and Sora almost didn't even happen. So anyone who thought these characters would have problems are justified, and acting like they aren't is purposely ignoring the facts of them having development difficulties.
You can keep listing examples of characters Sakurai was able to overcome reservations on, I'm not sure if you realize it reinforces my point that finding "fun" in a moveset is something Sakurai won't be largely prohibited by in the long term.

The number of times Sakurai has invalidated the belief that a character is infeasible should gradually diminish the value of lobbying those kind of perceived restraints against candidates. Unless you want to abandon the learning curve.

As it is now, I don't take seriously those kind of "x couldn't work" detractions, bar potentially a very select few exceptions if I really had to think about it.

Also, just because a characters is widely popular doesn't mean they could translate to Smash with a fun moveset, as Heihachi proves alone. Also Geno Boost Geno Boost never said anything about them being fun or not and you completely assumed his stance on Lucas entirely. He was simply stating Sakurai's own statement on what he and the team values. What Sakurai's own words mean is that even if a character is not as widely popular, as long as they are fun to play via a cool moveset, that matters more. Also people WERE upset because of Mother 3, because Lucas in Smash is some of the very little representation of the game outside Japan, so you are just wrong about that as well. I'll give you that MOST of the outrage was Smash fans throwing a fit about cut content, but acting as if the Mother fanbase said nothing is silly.

If you really think Sakurai needs a character to be both recognizable and fun in equal amounts, I'd like you to justify inclusions like IC, G&W, Rob, and frankly Shulk upon his initial reveal since many gamers had no idea who he was.
Here's the fallacy of detracting from big names. It doesn't make the smaller names that much likelier, because this detraction isn't going to invalidate all the big names. Let's look at your Heihachi example. He didn't choose Heihachi... so... did he pick Klonoa? KOS-MOS? Valkyrie? No. He went with another big name from Tekken, another face of that series. This is the antithesis of what you want to prove.

It's like saying Sakurai/Smash is unpredictable. That's doesn't help the case for anyone. All it does it make some likelier characters seem less likely.

If you really think Sakurai needs a character to be both recognizable and fun in equal amounts, I'd like you to justify inclusions like IC, G&W, Rob, and frankly Shulk upon his initial reveal since many gamers had no idea who he was.
Ok. Here's how I'll justify them. Because even under the specific criteria that already separates them from a standard inclusion (that you've ignored) in which most of those examples were selected, we got IC, G&W, ROB and Shulk, and not Mr. Stevenson, Diskun, Parabo, and Aeron. Even when Sakurai was specifically seeking historically relevant characters, we got the option representing the Game & Watch, not the Famicom Disk System. The NES, not the Satellaview. Why do think even the surprise characters like DHD, WFT and PP have, despite being surprising, all been very recognizable? Sakurai even said he went with DHD and PP because of how ubiquitous they were.

So even in very contained, sparsely-populated categories, he still went with the more recognizable option. Though it's also disingenuous to highlight an instance of Sakurai, for example, specifically looking for a retro NES character and going, "see!" as if that applies to your standard inclusion. The retro rep spot doesn't even exist anymore anyway. You're going back to Melee for an example like that, when they still included Japan-only characters.

So, let me turn it around and ask this. Who did we get? Shinjiro, Bianca, Tooty, Billy Kane, Hilda, Mechanica, Jecht, Morag, Marduk and Aqua, or Joker, Hero, Banjo, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, Sephiroth, Pyra/Mythra, Kazuya and Sora? Could the alternative, less recognizable list of characters not be made fun? Of course they could. Every character listed could be made fun with enough creativity. But we didn't even get one not-very-recognizable alternative.

If you're going to say it's not because of recognizability, it's because of general popularity, I'd say well... that's tantamount to the same quality being favored, being "big". Or at least, bigger. Either way, that's going to put the same characters at an advantage and the same ones at a disadvantage.

The fact that you're so downplaying recognizability shows how much it's taken for granted. Can you even go through the Ultimate newcomers and isolate one character who isn't highly recognizable, at least from their respective series? It's an incredibly consistent trend, almost unbroken.

The truth is that Sakurai and his team are adept at making fun movesets, so being "fun" is not a particularly limiting factor, and that's why usually they can almost always add the most recognizable options, because not every fun character is going to be notably recognizable, but most recognizable characters can be made to be fun.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
To give you the TLDR, Falcom and Ys were super influential in terms of RPGs, Think of how SNK is to fighting games. Ys is basically their longest continuously running series, Ys IX came out in the west this July. Also Falcom makes the best music.
Oh okay.

Sooo...what does Ys do different from other J/RPGs?

We kinda got a lot of them, and DQ Crew seems like the defacto RPG character that kinda covers all the generic scopes of a JRPG. Geno has the benefit of being an RPG character who uses ranged combat and fires ammunition out of his puppet body as well as using Star Energy in his attacks, so he is incredibly unique before even considering Timed Hits as a kit mechanic. I'm just wondering what Adon could bring to shake things up.

So my list is rather simple.
  1. Geno
  2. A Skull Girls character (I prefer Peacock or Big Bang, but I would expect Fillia)
  3. The Wah
  4. Spyro
  5. Goemon from Mystical Ninja (GANBARE!)
I really can't pick any characters past this that I actually want, and Sora used to be here but as it turns out I should have placed him lower because he's not a big enough deal to keep me playing Smash. I would have to start filling in picks that other people really want like Isaac and Krystal, or picks I know have no chance like a Dokapon Kingdom character or Prince Pixel from Grafitti Kingdom or Uncle Death, or series that are difficult to implement like Monster Hunter.

He's finally coming home. First it was his Spirit in Smash Ultimate, now he's for real. :jojo:

View attachment 337842
Come on now, we all know that if a JttW character gets in, we already have the perfectly primed pick!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Damn, we can't let this die can we.

Also, wanting a character for being a villain isn't just 'he/she bad, me want them' as it can be much deeper than that. Like, Ganondorf isn't just a evil jerk: he actively believes the royalty of Hyrule is screwed up (and rightfully so in earlier 3D titles) and his people are suffering because of it. Sure, he's power hungry and might be worse overall, but when you listen to Windwaker Ganondorf speak about it you realize that there was at least some noble reasoning behind what he was doing.

Contrast this with wanting Ganondorf just because he's black. How basic is that? Who cares that he is the iconic LoZ villain! Who cares how cool and badass he is! Who cares that he actually has a semi-noble motive and in the timeline where Link rats him out he's imprisoned for a very long time before they try to kill him, so his anger and spite is relatable! HE'S BLACK! THAT'S WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, OVER ALL OF THAT, RIGHT?!

This is my problem with this line of thinking. It's valuing something so basic and surface-level that it spits in the face of everything the characters actually are. It's acting like that is more important than anything else, which is stupid as hell. Ganondorf could have been any skin color and been just as badass with everything I mentioned above, but he comes from a desert-dwelling people and thus he is black...and that's the least interesting thing about him.

If you have a good character that is well-written, skin color, orientation and gender are things people immediately look past into something deeper than that. This is why characters in fan fiction who's core trait is being homosexual or trans often come off boring, and we can see this in High Guardian Spice right now in fact. If the most important thing about the character is something surface level like that, they are uninteresting, much like people in real life. I have met many people who classify as minorities, and when them being a minority is the most important thing they value, they are incredibly boring and sometimes unfun and even toxic to be around. At the same time, I have friends that I hang out with who fall into minorities, but since that's way less important to them than other things in their life they are incredibly interesting and we can sit down and just talk about whatever and have a good time, with not even anime or games as a medium.

Also, that person who mentioned enjoying Heroes vs Villains already likes something deeper than someone who just wants a character with a minority status. Heroes vs Villains is Good vs Evil, which dives into people's morality and core values, what drives them to save or destroy, and can easily dive into more complicated things like what is truly Good and is the Villain really all that Evil? Wanting a character because of their sexual preference is just that: they are attracted to something in specific, and it doesn't go deeper than that other than perhaps why they are, but these kinds of people rarely care about the 'why' and only that they are they status they want.

Bottom line is this: a video game character being a minority is not a valuable reason for them to get into Smash. Smash has evolved into a celebration of gaming, which is Sakurai's own words, so that is CLEARLY what Smash has become. What about choosing characters just because they are a minority or because their core trait is that they are a minority speaks about the history of gaming? It doesn't. This is true for them being a villain or hero, being smart or dumb, being religious or not...none of that really matters as one individual thing: what matters is the impact that character and their game has had on gaming. Do people love that game and it's series? Do people love that character? Do they want to see them in Smash? Will people buy our game if we add them? Can we make them fun to play?

These are the important questions, not are they a minority. If they so happen to fall into the category AND say yes to all the above questions, then congrats you got what you wanted, but they weren't selected because of that minority status: they were selected because of their impact on the gaming sphere. Frisk could very easily make that happen. Maybe in the future, someone will make a super-successful game that stars a minority character with their entire character is 'I'm a minority!' and the game centering around them being a minority and it rocks the gaming sphere...it's doubtful because people need more than that to find a character or game engaging, but it could happen.

Also I believe you brought up gamer-gate in another post, and frankly you need to go back and do a deep-dive of that because it's not as simple as you think and there was a lot of manipulation and corruption by women in that particular incident. What a ****show that was.
Very true the main problem with most requested darker skinned nintendo chars is that there are almost always better choices:
Urbosa = Daruk or mipha (we already have a Gerudo so adding a zora or goron makes more sense)
Twintelle = Any arms char with arms and for the second character either something really weird or someone important
Elma = rex/ Pythra or a villain
The only franchise were it makes perfect sense adding 1 or 2 black chars would be punchout with doc louis or sandman being amazing choices!

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Very true the main problem with most requested darker skinned nintendo chars is that there are almost always better choices:
Urbosa = Daruk or mipha (we already have a Gerudo so adding a zora or goron makes more sense)
Twintelle = Any arms char with arms and for the second character either something really weird or someone important
The only franchise were it makes perfect sense adding 1 or 2 black chars would be punchout with doc louis or sandman being amazing choices!
Not really lol. The 3 of the ones you listed are just flat out wrong lol. Ironically enough, the one example you said did have good candidates arguably fits the mold better for others being more important lol as Glass Joe seems way better of a choice than Doc who would just be kinda bizarre when his entire shtick is that he's Mac's trainer and Sandman having a pretty weird relationship in terms of his roles in the Punch Out games IIRC..

Urbosa being excluded coz of Ganon is flat out false and just random rule peddling lmao. Heck even an argument could be made that she's better cos the familiarity with the Gerudo in smash is already there.

The extremely weird guideline you used for Twintelle being out-prioritized flat out doesn't exist lol and is more arbitrary rule peddling and IDK why. While I'm definitely way more inclined to agree with the more important logic you said, at this point, if Sakurai didn't think it was that big a loss for Spring Man not being the pick, then an argument could definitely be made that Twintelle should be prioritized in that regard.

A villain from Xenoblade doesn't make sense lol. Rex yeah sure, but his ship has long sailed since Pythra were clear substitutes for him. A villain doesn't make any sense lol. Aside from how people overblow the villain representation and insist that characters that are villains are looked upon more positively because of it by Sakurai (they kinda aren't) Malos is literally the only real choice and let's face it, if he was that interesting, he would have garnered more of a talking point. Jin could work but he doesn't seem as likely as Malos. So Elma is probably the best choice now at least, and that's until they eventually announce an X3.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Doc would be a great assist trophy with design choices aplenty but prolly not his nes version to which my friends young sister once asked and I quote

"Why is that fat guy chasing that little old woman?"

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Doc would be a great assist trophy with design choices aplenty but prolly not his nes version to which my friends young sister once asked and I quote

"Why is that fat guy chasing that little old woman?"
yeah little mac is also half nes half wii!

Top Bottom