• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Rhythm Heaven, maybe. I would hope it at least has them considering better supplemental content, but I wouldn't be 1000% convinced on a character. I have to wonder if Sakurai passed on them for a reason, and unlike Golden Sun it's a less clear cut thing who they would add in the first place. I do think it would increase their chances exponentially, but I wouldn't quite put my complete faith in it. Even though I'd like to... since yknow, Chorus Kids are my most wanted. Worst case scenario, just give us a stage and some more music.
Yeah unfortunately I'm not really convinced with Rhythm heaven too... Because it literally happened with Ultimate and we got nothing. Megamix released in June 2015 in Japan when Ultimate project plan was most likely early 2016, and despite doing fairly good sales in Japan and bringing in for the first time an actual main character (Tibby), we got nothing aside from a bunch of spirits and 2 music iirc?. Then again, I guess you could argue that what hurts Rhythm heaven chances in Ultimate is Everyone is here and the little amount of base newcomers more than anything, but I still don't think it would be a lock even with a new game unlike Golden sun who have way more popularity to back it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean Skull Kid is cool in Majora because he is being controlled by the Mask. He’s a distant threat who isn’t even that responsible for his actions as he’s a child slowly being corrupted by the Mask into being an Awful Person. And I’m not sure if that Dynamic could be replicating in something like a Fighting Game. Now Zelda One-Offs aren’t completely off-limits, Sheik exists, but I feel like there’s a better option for a One-Off Villain who wouldn’t risk losing what makes that character special while also having a better possible moveset.
View attachment 383034
Vaati has been fought directly and is a more intentional villain in character than Skull Kid, and is also a Toon Character as a Bonus. I think you genuinely have a cool idea here and I think this would be a fun way to represent more of the Zelda Series since Vaati is technically not a One-Off. I think he’d be neat.
he's not a one off either

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
he's not a one off either
Non-Ganon Villain but my point still stands. That actually gives Vaati another advantage too so that works out lol.
Vaati would be cool!
If he uses The Wind instead of dark magic!
The MC Version just uses dark magic!
Him Using body parts of his boss form and wind magic while using his human form normally would be really cool!
There is one issue with vaati tho his human form is a capcom/ Flagship character and those usually never appear in nintendo zeldas!
(I mean when was the last time we saw the Tokay, Minish etc.)
Yeah this is the exact stuff I am talking about! Though to be fair, Vaati counts as a Retro now so since Capcom is nice I could see them being willing to cooperate if Vaati is added next game. Also Vaati was in the Link’s Awakening’s Remake so he is still used occasionally. A Wind Using Shapeshifter would be cool to see, and giving Toon Link a Villain would be fun. I like it!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Non-Ganon Villain but my point still stands. That actually gives Vaati another advantage too so that works out lol.

Yeah this is the exact stuff I am talking about! Though to be fair, Vaati counts as a Retro now so since Capcom is nice I could see them being willing to cooperate if Vaati is added next game. Also Vaati was in the Link’s Awakening’s Remake so he is still used occasionally. A Wind Using Shapeshifter would be cool to see, and giving Toon Link a Villain would be fun. I like it!
capcom doesn’t own vaati so they wouldn’t have to cooperate

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Isaac and Mathew would be great for 1 Reason THEY USE EARTH MAGIC Like barely anyone in fiction uses earth magic!
I would love more Earth or ground type moves in Smash. It's funny but when I first played Brawl I assumed Charizard rock smash was earth only to learn it's a fighting type move lol.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Vaati was in the remake?
Where? PLS SHOW ME NOW!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
hmm more evidence for Fighter's pass 3 ? or a highly unusual mistake ?

PapaGenos , on X
·
Jan 12

The new Super Smash Bros Ultimate spirit “Noah & Mio” doesn’t list the series above their names for some odd reason. https://pic.twitter.com/J7BawTzv3t
I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with a Fighters' Pass 3, which is not happening, by the way.

BuckleyTim

Smash Apprentice
hmm more evidence for Fighter's pass 3 ? or a highly unusual mistake ?

PapaGenos , on X
·
Jan 12

The new Super Smash Bros Ultimate spirit “Noah & Mio” doesn’t list the series above their names for some odd reason. https://pic.twitter.com/J7BawTzv3t
It's a weird mistake for them to make considering how simple it allegedly should be to make spirits, but that's most likely what it is: a mistake that'll get patched with the Sora amiibo update or maybe even the next new spirit event. If the next spirit event comes and gives us another spirit that's mysteriously missing a series, then sure put the tinfoil hat on and start speculating, but there's a snowball's chance in Hades of that happening. Need I point out the fact that fighters' spirits do have the series they're from listed already?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Careful, it might be misdirection. It is cooking, but don't put hope in the wrong place.
Screenshot_20231124_014952_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with a Fighters' Pass 3, which is not happening, by the way.
Who's to say? Mario Kart 8 DX got DLC after 439 years, Smash Ultimate could as well. No Smash being in development now means there's a chance they might just push Ultimate a little further until they figure out what to do next.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who's to say? Mario Kart 8 DX got DLC after 439 years, Smash Ultimate could as well. No Smash being in development now means there's a chance they might just push Ultimate a little further until they figure out what to do next.
COUGHBecause of TourCOUGH

Ahem

Sorry, had something caught in my throat:nifty:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
my most wanted stage for the next smash game what do you guys think?
the 3 smrpg and windows stages on the bottom are shapeshifting stages btw
View attachment 383044
I mean I get that it's a personal list, but...man.

I'd be so beyond disappointed if they used one of the new Pokémon stage slots for an anime-exclusive stage.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Yeah. There is really isn't connecting issue between the 2 games to assume the same will happen for Ultimate.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a port of Wii U game which became the best-selling Switch, Mario Kart and racing title of all the time, is still continuing to sell to this day and Nintendo obviously wanted to capitalize on it with extra DLC even much years later.

Other than that, no other multiplayer game from Nintendo gets that treatment. It's clear that MK8D is a very special case.

As much of a success the game was, you can't say the same for Ultimate. Nintendo already squeezed all the juice they needed from it

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
so Smash will too
Minus that one guy who thinks that Noah must be DLC because something's off about his spirit, I think for most people it's a "could", not "will".

But I don't think Noah and Mio would be a part of an FP3/Booster Fighter Pass/whatever if Rex and Pyra was considered impossible.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Like most of the X comments and on here I don't think the missing series name is anything but clown food but even if it's meant to make people think about xbc3 for the next Smash I pretty much feel like they're in. Ooo forgot to add that as a "lock" indicator when xbc4 is on the next console.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I mean...

Cerulean Cave exists.
yeah but but i dont think there is any gimmick beside swimming?
new island can be a transportive kind of stage where it goes to multiple area around the building with different platform layouts and maybe even fight against :003::006::009: clones or try avoid getting hit by Mewtwo balls that capture anyone that touches it
like the stage can start in this area

then goes inside

then enters the stadium

maybe goes here as well

D

Deleted member

The best newcomers for Smash 6 are:
Bandana Waddle Dee Kirby
Bomberman from Bomberman
Ryoma from Fire Emblem
Space Invanders Space Invanders
Raiden from metal gear solid
Aerith from Final Fantasy
Waluigi from Super Mario
Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
Takamaru from Mysterious Musarame Castle
Tails from sonic the hedgehog
Paper Mario from Paper Mario
Jin kazama from Tekken
Geno from Super Mario
Octoling from Splatoon
Shadow From Sonic The Hedgehog
Snorlax from Pokemon
Double post,please delete

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The newcomers for Smash 6 are:
Bandana Waddle Dee Kirby
Bomberman from Bomberman
Ryoma from Fire Emblem
Waluigi from Super Mario
Jin kazama from Tekken

How am I supposed to enjoy this roster without a Pokemon??

D

Deleted member

Jin is metatextually such a funny idea to add to Smash. We already got Cloud and Sephiroth's thing going on, might as well add the Mishima Blood Feud to the game as well

if Jin kazama is a newcomer,that would be awesome

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well,if Jin kazama is a newcomer,he would be an echo fighter of Kazuya mishima but with some different attacks.
Jin after Tekken Tag Tournament wasn't a clone of Kazuya anymore, but Devil Jin is perfect for SSBU's Kazuya moveset. Just have him permanently stuck in his devil form instead of shifting to it depending on the move and bam, you got yourself a decent DVJ moveset.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
The newcomers for Smash 6 are:
Bandana Waddle Dee Kirby
Bomberman from Bomberman
Ryoma from Fire Emblem
Waluigi from Super Mario
Jin kazama from Tekken
No Geno? No Shadow? No Splatoon Newcomer? Decidueye?

Off-base!
Off-Sync!
Rejected!

D

Deleted member

Other Newcomers that could be in Smash 6
Shadow
Geno
Octoling
Snorlax

Top Bottom