• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
What are some sleeper 3rd party picks iyo? (Basically ones that aren't brought up that often, doesn't matter if they're less likely than other characters, just post 'em)

. Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)
. Marco (Metal Slug)
. Arthur (Ghost n' Goblins)
. Tiz Arrior (Bravely Default)
. Kunio Kun (River City)
. Space Invaders (Space Invaders)
. The Prince (Katamari)
. Goemon (Goemon)
. Laharl (Disgaea)
. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
. Ahri (League of Legends)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
What are some sleeper 3rd party picks iyo? (Basically ones that aren't brought up that often, doesn't matter if they're less likely than other characters, just post 'em)

. Marco (Metal Slug)
. Kunio Kun (River City)
. The Prince (Katamari)
. Goemon (Goemon)
. Laharl (Disgaea)
. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Alis Landale from Phantasy star and Frogger.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

. Marco (Metal Slug)
. Kunio Kun (River City)
. The Prince (Katamari)
. Goemon (Goemon)
. Laharl (Disgaea)
. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
  • Bridget (Guilty Gear)
  • Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
Pretty funny coincidence that the ones I listed here are all female characters

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, think we'll get a Direct announcement this week?
I'll see what happens.

Last year happened on the 13th. 2021 happened on the 23rd. So we could be either getting an announcement soon or we might have to wait a week or two.

toonito

Smash Ace
Alright, so, this may seem like a really obvious question to ask, but I wanted to just put this forward in a much more direct manner and see what ppl say.

Newcomers you think have a good shot for next game. Go.
*besides Pokemon, Mario, and FE

at least one of Dante/Shantae/Dragonborn/Lloyd Irving
a fighting game character (new franchise: Sol Badguy, existing franchise: Chun-Li)
2B (or Geno)
Noah/Mio
Bomberman
Splatoon/Animal Crossing?
Ring Fit Adventurer

AT promotions: Lyn and/or Isaac

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

. Marco (Metal Slug)
. Kunio Kun (River City)
. The Prince (Katamari)
. Goemon (Goemon)
. Laharl (Disgaea)
. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Cybuster (Super robot wars Original generation)
Agumon (Digimon)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

. Marco (Metal Slug)
. Kunio Kun (River City)
. The Prince (Katamari)
. Goemon (Goemon)
. Laharl (Disgaea)
. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Aether/Lumine (Genshin Impact)
  • Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)

… I kinda also wanna say that guy from TimeSplitters. I remember there was this member here once that campaigned super hard for that guy. I hope they’re doing ok now

on a somewhat unrelated note, having played the latest splatfest,this song is absolute fire and the closest thing to Eurobeat in Smash and I need it in the next Smash

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
  • Aether/Lumine (Genshin Impact)
  • Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)

… I kinda also wanna say that guy from TimeSplitters. I remember there was this member here once that campaigned super hard for that guy. I hope they’re doing ok now

on a somewhat unrelated note, having played the latest splatfest,this song is absolute fire and the closest thing to Eurobeat in Smash and I need it in the next Smash
SERGEANT CORTEZ, BABY! TIME TO SPLIT!!!

Man, I was just thinking about that guy earlier today. I remember it was revealed that they were making a new TimeSplitters awhile back, but recently Embracer Group (who own the rights to the IP) have apparently been going through some... issues. As in, "studios they own are getting shut down" kinds of issues.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Man, I was just thinking about that guy earlier today. I remember it was revealed that they were making a new TimeSplitters awhile back, but recently Embracer Group (who own the rights to the IP) have apparently been going through some... issues. As in, "studios they own are getting shut down" kinds of issues.
One of those studios wouldn’t happen to be Volition would it?

no doubt that Saints Row “reboot” and how they acted condescending to critics had a hand in that

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I had a feeling this is the closest we'd ever get to more Timesplitters content anyway.

And even then, it's extra steps if you wanna play more than the first two missions of TS2's main campaign.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I've been hearing correctly:
Hasn't she won just about every Splatfest? I know Shiver is often the most popular out of the 3.
Frye won Taste Sensation (Sweet) and Big Man won 2 (Pokémon with Water and the Chocolate one with White, both sweeps)

shiver’s just been on a streak since the Cryptid one in April

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
One of those studios wouldn’t happen to be Volition would it?

no doubt that Saints Row “reboot” and how they acted condescending to critics had a hand in that
Bingo. Although I gotta ask, just how bad was that reboot to essentially kill the company? I mean, I know they were already on a bit of a decline (their last game before the reboot was Agents of Mayhem), but still...

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Here's a roster that I made for what the next game's roster might look like. You can ignore the cuts if you want, I mostly believe in the newcomer choices.View attachment 377517
I am distracted by how inaccurate that third-party section is going to end up being.

You've gotten rid of half the companies. And the only new one is one indie.

And there are only three new third-parties. None of whom are really megatons.

I'm gonna guess those are personal choices. But I think you need to dream a little bigger.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Newcomers you think have a good shot for next game. Go.
I don't do predictions, only wishlists.

I care about who I WANT, not who I think is most likely.

I feel like it's kind of weird that everyone makes fun of Sonic for not being able to swim and actually drowning underwater, when it's infinitely weirder that Mario can hold his breath presumably indefinately in some games whilst in other games his literal life force is sapped so long as he's doing so
Why does Mario in Odyssey need air underwater, but not on the moon?!

Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)
Ooh, that's actually a really good pick. Important to gaming history, but also a good character with a ton of moveset potential.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Here's a roster that I made for what the next game's roster might look like. You can ignore the cuts if you want, I mostly believe in the newcomer choices.View attachment 377517
I am going to show some restraint and not comment on everything.

But I gotta know, why KK over Nook? I mean, I think KK is a great pick but he probably needs to be in addition to Nook, not instead of.

Why Puff but no Zard? No way series attendance is that important. Zard should be prioritized over Mewtwo, too, honestly. We already know they are open to solo Zard even if the whole Trainer isn't back.

Only Triforce wielders for Zelda? (do you just not believe in one-offs?)

Officer Howard but no Ring Fit? I don't see any way that Astral Chain gets priority for a new Switch-era series over Ring Fit unless they somehow can't come up with a moveset for Ring Fit, which seems unlikely. Like I'd go so far as to say Ring Fit is basically a prerequisite for having Astral Chain on your roster.

I actually don't have that many complaints about your cuts; actually you have left in several characters who I would've cut.
The biggest disagreement I have on the cuts you made besides Zard is Wii Fit. It's hard to take cutting Wii Fit seriously if we're keeping stuff like Ice Climbers and adding Chibi-Robo, for example. Like why would that be the only first party series that gets cut when it looks like you went out of your way to make sure no other 1P series does?

Also I see no Miis. What is your thought on that one?

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
All that is fair. I guess my point is more that I don't expect Sakurai to increase the legal workload he's already gonna have cut out for him in trying to get back the Ultimate characters.

Keep in mind that, despite the number of third party characters in the game tripling from 6 in Smash 4 to 18 in Smash Ultimate (counting Ken and Richter), the number of companies that owned those characters only went from 4 (Bandai Namco, Capcom, SEGA, and Square Enix) to 8 (Konami's return, Microsoft, SNK, and Disney for Sora who's half a Square Enix character). Looking at the companies that got closely involved with Smash's roster, Sakurai initially approached Konami because of his goal to bring back Snake, and he only approached Disney because they had to sign off on Sora's inclusion.

Of the remaining two, Microsoft was probably more of a legal headache, but it sounds like Nintendo asked Sakurai to approach them for Steve's inclusion to begin with, and I suspect (though there is no proof) that Banjo was a package deal with Steve and that Banjo came out first because he was significantly easier to program.

So Sakurai doesn't make it a habit to approach third party companies for characters willy-nilly. While it looks like a huge jump going from 4 companies to 8, there's a compelling reason Sakurai approached three of those four new companies. SNK is the odd one out, and it seems like they were extremely easy to work with, as they're a small company relative to the scope of Smash, and likely would have done anything Sakurai asked. If Sakurai doesn't have a reason to complicate the legal scope of Smash Bros., I don't think he does.
I'm sure you'd be able to find a situation in which a new company being approached would be plausible. Whether via popularity, or because Nintendo wants it, or because they approached Sakurai/Nintendo and talks successfully progressed.

A lot of the remaining unrepresented third-parties wouldn't be too far off from SNK's situation: easier, smaller, cheaper, cooperative. Maybe not the western ones, but the Japanese ones.

I mean, the realistic scenario doesn't have to be any more complicated than "Nintendo wanted to add series/character x, and company y was amenable".

On a semi-related note, going outside of the scope of playable characters, there are 55 "minor third party universes" in Smash Bros. Ultimate according to the wiki, meaning franchises that do not have a playable character, a stage, an assist trophy, or an item. If we include any third party franchises that don't have characters: assist trophies add 5 (Bomberman, Fatal Frame, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight, Virtua Fighter,) items add 1 (Galaxian), and Dig Dug which previously had an enemy in Smash Run but lost it in Ultimate isn't listed on the wiki. That means there are 61 third party franchises in Smash that do not have playable characters. 49 of these are owned by a company that also already has a character in Smash Bros.

(PlatinumGames is complicated because it does kinda have Bayonetta as a playable character, but legally the IP is owned by SEGA and published by Nintendo. They do not technically have a character they own in Smash, but are represented by Wonderful 101 in a non-character capacity also. Make of that what you will.)

The remaining 12 franchises, are owned by 8 companies, Marvelous (who has three), Ubisoft (who also has three), StudioMDHR, Arc System Works, WayForward, The Tetris Corporation, Toby Fox, and Tencent all have some sort of nonplayable representation in the game. 5 of these companies have mii costumes (Marvelous has Travis, Ubisoft has Altair and the Rabbids headgear, StudioMDHR has Cuphead, Wayforward has Shantae, and Toby Fox has Sans.) The others are all represented by spirits.
I think most people would consider a new company being one that simply isn't on the roster when speaking specifically of adding characters, but I think my point is equally cogent either way, for those with supporting content or those without any.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I am distracted by how inaccurate that third-party section is going to end up being.
This is a base game roster, the new third parties are more in line with that instead of DLC selection. To be fair I probably should have had the Konami duo come back in base, but I would be plesently suprised if a Microsoft or Square-Enix character is ever in a base game again. Those two are definitely coming back in the DLC, as well as other more "spicy" characters.
I am going to show some restraint and not comment on everything.

But I gotta know, why KK over Nook? I mean, I think KK is a great pick but he probably needs to be in addition to Nook, not instead of.
It's more of a moveset thing for me. I can't really think of a way to make Nook distinct from both Isabelle and Villager, those two have a lot of the Animal Crossing experience down pact. K.K Slider, on the other hand, works as a way to add a music-themed character to the roster, something we don't have and don't have a ton of options for. If I had put echoes, Tom would probably be an echo for one of the other two AC characters.
Only Triforce wielders for Zelda? (do you just not believe in one-offs?)
I tried to show restraint and only add one character per series. I want more one-off Zelda characters, but I feel like if we were only adding one more Zelda character, it should be Pig Ganon. After that we can work on Vatti or Skull Kid or Midna or what have you. Once again, If I was doing echoes I would probably have added Impa, but she's not a one-off herself.
Why Puff but no Zard? No way series attendance is that important. Zard should be prioritized over Mewtwo, too, honestly. We already know they are open to solo Zard even if the whole Trainer isn't back.

Officer Howard but no Ring Fit? I don't see any way that Astral Chain gets priority for a new Switch-era series over Ring Fit unless they somehow can't come up with a moveset for Ring Fit, which seems unlikely. Like I'd go so far as to say Ring Fit is basically a prerequisite for having Astral Chain on your roster.

I actually don't have that many complaints about your cuts; actually you have left in several characters who I would've cut.
The biggest disagreement I have on the cuts you made besides Zard is Wii Fit. It's hard to take cutting Wii Fit seriously if we're keeping stuff like Ice Climbers and adding Chibi-Robo, for example. Like why would that be the only first party series that gets cut when it looks like you went out of your way to make sure no other 1P series does?

Also I see no Miis. What is your thought on that one?
I Forgor | Know Your Meme - Technical Ripon

Most of those are characters I literally forgot to put on the roster. I don't remember if excluding Charizard was a conscious decision, but it probably should come back, and I definitely didn't mean to axe Wii Fit and the Miis. The Ring Fit Captain is also really likely and should be on there as well.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
It's more of a moveset thing for me. I can't really think of a way to make Nook distinct from both Isabelle and Villager, those two have a lot of the Animal Crossing experience down pact. K.K Slider, on the other hand, works as a way to add a music-themed character to the roster, something we don't have and don't have a ton of options for. If I had put echoes, Tom would probably be an echo for one of the other two AC characters.
Okay, so at least you had him in mind. I'll leave it to the rest of the Nook moveset theorists to prove his potential to you if they so choose.

Most of those are characters I literally forgot to put on the roster. I don't remember if excluding Charizard was a conscious decision, but it probably should come back, and I definitely didn't mean to axe Wii Fit and the Miis. The Ring Fit Captain is also really likely and should be on there as well.
You're welcome, then, haha

Laniv

Smash Champion
Okay, so at least you had him in mind. I'll leave it to the rest of the Nook moveset theorists to prove his potential to you if they so choose.
Yes... I have been summoned once again...

I've said this before, but the best way to make Tom Nook distinct from Villager and Isabelle is to focus on two things they haven't done already: Bells and Leaves. Gaining Bells the more he hits his opponent, and losing Bells if he gets hit. He can spend Bells to make his attacks that much stronger (or spend them on temporary stat boosts?), and if he keeps Pocket, he can convert any projectiles or items he catches into Bells.

Leaves, meanwhile, can be used as traps, like Snake's C4 or Isabelle's Lloid Trap. You step on one, and it turns into a random furniture item to launch you. Alternatively, he can lean into his tanuki origins and convert items or projectiles into leaves for him to use.

And then his Final Smash is building a house for the foe and launching them from the sheer debt they find themselves in.

In conclusion, Tom Nook is a cool guy and I like him. :grin:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
@Pacack Sora isn't half-a-Disney character. Square-Enix has absolutely no ownership of him and any time Disney decides to ask for their input is more of a courtesy and respect than anything else. They obviously will continue to hire them to make the games because they have the right experience for what Disney wants. It's a common sense thing. If SE does something Disney doesn't like, they can always find someone else. They probably won't want to find another developer, mind you. It's just that it's pretty much their franchise to decide things on.

He's 100% Disney through and through. Disney just knows for a fact it makes way more sense to have Nomura handle any of the special details once you have all the Licensing complete. Who else can represent him the best than the guy in charge of the games.
Hey, I know this message is a bit old but, I wanted to answer this.

I'll bring my DISNEY COPYRIGHT KINGDOM HEARTS LAWYER hat once more in the ring to fix something about it.
Sora is Disney 100% on a basic surface, but it seems that contrary to what you says (and from what we know from interview and more through the years) it's not as easy as you explain.

The KINGDOM HEARTS VIDEO GAME series, from different Square-Enix financial report, and investor meeting, is actually CO-OWNED BY BOTH THEM AND DISNEY
Any Kingdom hearts games developped, WILL be developped by them. If they are sent to another developper, ITS BECAUSE SQUARE-ENIX DECIDED OF IT BY HIRING CONTRACTOR.
Any decision on the licence, with ANYTHING RELATED TO THE VIDEO GAMES needs to be taken by both Square-Enix and Disney.
Disney however owns the rights of the CHARACTERS.
However, any video-games rendition of said characters IS THE PROPERTIES OF BOTH SQUARE-ENIX AND DISNEY

Basically, if, let's say, Disney decide to separate themselves from Square-Enix, they'd have right on the characters, let's say, Sora, Riku and Kairi, but wouldn't be able to reference, or do ANYTHING close to their video games counterpart. Or even reference Kingdom Hearts itself. They'd be completely different from the Sora/Riku and Kairi we know.

The "gentleman agreement" that everyone is talking about, is about Sora's use specifically, where, Nomura, being EXTREMELY protective of the character, basically is the one PERSONALLY greenlighting yes or no stuff happening with him (from himself in the past and even during Sakurai's interview)

But yeah, if Disney wanted to break the deal, they wouldn't be able to find someone else to make a Kingdom Hearts game, because that IP is also Square-Enix's

For the easiest source, look any Square-Enix financial reports where they show their owned IP (even on the notes, they specifically say that KH is own by both them and Disney)
Naoki Yoshida's interview with "The gamer" in 2020
And an Interview with Nomura in 2004
And heck, the interviews of Sakurai himself explaining how it was a lot because he had to go through verification for both DIsney, Square-Enix AND Nomura

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, I know this message is a bit old but, I wanted to answer this.

I'll bring my DISNEY COPYRIGHT KINGDOM HEARTS LAWYER hat once more in the ring to fix something about it.
Sora is Disney 100% on a basic surface, but it seems that contrary to what you says (and from what we know from interview and more through the years) it's not as easy as you explain.

The KINGDOM HEARTS VIDEO GAME series, from different Square-Enix financial report, and investor meeting, is actually CO-OWNED BY BOTH THEM AND DISNEY
Any Kingdom hearts games developped, WILL be developped by them. If they are sent to another developper, ITS BECAUSE SQUARE-ENIX DECIDED OF IT BY HIRING CONTRACTOR.
Any decision on the licence, with ANYTHING RELATED TO THE VIDEO GAMES needs to be taken by both Square-Enix and Disney.
Disney however owns the rights of the CHARACTERS.
However, any video-games rendition of said characters IS THE PROPERTIES OF BOTH SQUARE-ENIX AND DISNEY

Basically, if, let's say, Disney decide to separate themselves from Square-Enix, they'd have right on the characters, let's say, Sora, Riku and Kairi, but wouldn't be able to reference, or do ANYTHING close to their video games counterpart. Or even reference Kingdom Hearts itself. They'd be completely different from the Sora/Riku and Kairi we know.

The "gentleman agreement" that everyone is talking about, is about Sora's use specifically, where, Nomura, being EXTREMELY protective of the character, basically is the one PERSONALLY greenlighting yes or no stuff happening with him (from himself in the past and even during Sakurai's interview)

But yeah, if Disney wanted to break the deal, they wouldn't be able to find someone else to make a Kingdom Hearts game, because that IP is also Square-Enix's

For the easiest source, look any Square-Enix financial reports where they show their owned IP (even on the notes, they specifically say that KH is own by both them and Disney)
Naoki Yoshida's interview with "The gamer" in 2020
And an Interview with Nomura in 2004
And heck, the interviews of Sakurai himself explaining how it was a lot because he had to go through verification for both DIsney, Square-Enix AND Nomura

Hope it helps!
All I remember is there was a case that Disney had Sora added to something and SE wasn't involved.

Or maybe it was they could veto Sora so it can't be used in something that I'm remembering? I dunno.

Either way, thanks for the information. :)

------

...People are still incorrectly putting Waluigi in the Wario section? He's never been a Wario character and barely has a cameo at most. Whereas someone like Pauline can fit either Mario or DK respectively, Waluigi is an actual Mario character through and through. It'd be one thing if Wario and Yoshi weren't treated as their own franchises anymore in your roster, but if they are, then the spot makes zero sense. He should be before Yoshi(who would be before Wario anyway). And yes, Yoshi's placement was illogical in Smash 4, being he had no real reason to split up the Mario franchise. The clone trio at least made sense in comparison, as they were last minute additions.

Besides, just cause Waluigi is a spin-off character(with minor cameos in some mainline games via costumes) doesn't mean that suddenly spin-off characters(that aren't some kind of mainline series) would for some reason have their own section. I highly doubt the idea with these is to make Waluigi a specific new universe. It's just placement that doesn't really fit at any point. He is not thematically related to the Wario Universe(and as I noted, barely has a cameo in it).

-------

Incidentally, Mario sometimes does require something to breathe in space. The universe is super weird even without the oddity that's the Mushroom Kingdom only sometimes requiring him to have an air meter underwater. Though to be fair, space and water do not work exactly the same way, but it's more safe to say they don't care about minor stuff like that and only sometimes apply logic for fun(it's applied sometimes in Paper Mario, usually for an odd trading sequence). It's not the only case, as quite a few video games do not treat space as an actual thing other than being identical to any other breathable air. Sonic never even bothered to have this as a factor either(which makes it funnier when Mario, which is less realistic in logic, actually did sometimes). Though at best Galaxy does have you go on planets which have a breathable atmosphere because "why not", but really, it's never been consistent in its rules. Sonic at times makes it so only the animal-type cast can breathe in space(usually played with in the animated adaptions), but humans still require protection. Even then, they don't ignore things like how you can be frozen in space(but it's better to say they don't really care either about accuracy, heh).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it was some KH merchandise sold in Disney World that was Disney branded, but not SE branded.
The odd part is I remember it was a game thing, not merchandise. But memory of a goldfish here.

Anyway, any Square-Enix character(and details) happens to be owned by multiple companies. Funny that.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yes... I have been summoned once again...

I've said this before, but the best way to make Tom Nook distinct from Villager and Isabelle is to focus on two things they haven't done already: Bells and Leaves. Gaining Bells the more he hits his opponent, and losing Bells if he gets hit. He can spend Bells to make his attacks that much stronger (or spend them on temporary stat boosts?), and if he keeps Pocket, he can convert any projectiles or items he catches into Bells.

Leaves, meanwhile, can be used as traps, like Snake's C4 or Isabelle's Lloid Trap. You step on one, and it turns into a random furniture item to launch you. Alternatively, he can lean into his tanuki origins and convert items or projectiles into leaves for him to use.

And then his Final Smash is building a house for the foe and launching them from the sheer debt they find themselves in.

In conclusion, Tom Nook is a cool guy and I like him. :grin:
Or have him beat up opponents with furniture.
(Swing a lamp around, slam down a sofa, things like that)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bingo. Although I gotta ask, just how bad was that reboot to essentially kill the company? I mean, I know they were already on a bit of a decline (their last game before the reboot was Agents of Mayhem), but still...
For one, the SR reboot was devoid of literally ANY humor, it was all serious. Granted, being initially a product of the early 2000s, early SR games had… a lot of humor that wouldn’t fly today. The gameplay was iirc way different to previous games too. And they mocked people criticizing the decisions on their twitter

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The reboot was dog water piss. To this day I refuse to believe someone greenlighted that.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I've tried to make a special move list for Tom Nook:

Neutral B, Furniture Throw: The character chooses a piece of furniture from a menu and throws it, the trajectory and damage depend on the furniture, the furniture will appear as a leaf at the beginning of the throw and will not damage the opponents while it is a leaf, in the middle of the movement it will turn into the selected furniture. The character can move the furniture by approaching it, the furniture will damage the opponents a little while it is moved by the character. The furniture will also move if they are attacked with a smash attack, damaging the opponents with greater damage.

Side B, Vaulting Pole: The character takes out a vaulting pole and uses it, the move does not cause damage but is useful for moving around the stage and avoiding ground attacks, as Nook's hurtbox will rise. In the air, the character will attack with the vaulting pole, and it can result in a meteoric attack if it connects with the tip.

Down B, Bell Slam: The character takes out a bag of bells (money from animal crossing) and slams it on the ground, the damage and range of the movement depends on the amount of bells that the character has at that moment. If you hold down the button, bells will shoot out of the bag and fall slowly towards the bag, which will damage the enemies with a rain of bells.

Up B, Step Ladder: The character takes a wooden step ladder, on the ground the character will leave a step ladder on the stage and can be used as a ladder, in the air the character will try to grab the edge with the leg of the step ladder, if successful the ladder will stick to the edge and the character can use the ladder freely, if not the move will be useless, but it will not end in freefall/helpless state.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s my interpretation of the next possible Smash roster:
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Daisy
  5. Bowser
  6. Rosalina & Luma
  7. Bowser Jr.
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. Wario
  11. Yoshi
  12. King K. Rool
  13. Link
  14. Zelda
  15. Ganondorf
  16. Samus
  17. Ridley
  18. Kirby
  19. King Dedede
  20. Meta Knight
  21. Fox
  22. Falco
  23. Pikachu
  24. Charizard
  25. Mewtwo
  26. Lucario
  27. Greninja
  28. Captain Falcon
  29. Ice Climbers
  30. Marth
  31. Ike
  32. Robin
  33. Mr. Game & Watch
  34. Pit
  35. Palutena
  36. Olimar
  37. Villager
  38. Mii Fighters
  39. Shulk
  40. Pyra / Mythra
  41. Inkling
  42. Sonic
  43. Bayonetta
  44. Joker
  45. Mega Man
  46. Ryu & Ken
  47. PAC-MAN
  48. Kazuya
  49. Cloud
  50. Banjo & Kazooie
  51. Terry
  52. Steve
  1. Dr. Mario
  2. Piranha Plant
  3. Sheik
  4. Young Link
  5. Toon Link
  6. Dark Samus
  7. Zero Suit Samus
  8. Wolf
  9. Jigglypuff
  10. Pichu
  11. The rest of Pokémon Trainer’s team
  12. Incineroar
  13. Ness
  14. Lucas
  15. Roy
  16. Chrom
  17. Lucina
  18. Corrin
  19. Byleth
  20. Dark Pit
  21. R.O.B.
  22. Isabelle
  23. Wii Fit Trainer
  24. Little Mac
  25. Duck Hunt
  26. Min Min
  27. Snake
  28. Simon
  29. Richter
  30. Sephiroth
  31. Hero
  32. Sora
  1. Toad
  2. Waluigi
  3. Geno
  4. Pauline
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Any Zelda newcomer
  7. Raven Beak
  8. Sylux
  9. Bandana Waddle Dee
  10. Magolor
  11. Krystal
  12. The newest Pokémon
  13. Porky
  14. Black Shadow
  15. Lyn
  16. Alear
  17. Whatever FE character is currently relevant
  18. Any Kid Icarus newcomer
  19. Mona
  20. Ashley
  21. Any Pikmin newcomer
  22. Any Animal Crossing newcomer
  23. Noah & Mio
  24. Elma
  25. Any Splatoon newcomer
  26. A Nintendo newcomer from the Switch era
  27. A retro character
  28. A character who previously went unused in older Smash games
I’m not gonna get into 3rd party characters because that’s its own can of worms
Now I'm going to turn this into a proper wishlist.
Veterans
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach & Daisy
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Rosalina & Luma
  7. Wario
  8. Yoshi
  9. Donkey Kong
  10. Diddy Kong
  11. King K. Rool
  12. Link
  13. Zelda
  14. Sheik
  15. Ganondorf
  16. Samus & Dark Samus
  17. Ridley
  18. Kirby
  19. King Dedede
  20. Meta Knight
  21. Fox
  22. Falco
  23. Wolf
  24. Pikachu
  25. Jigglypuff
  26. Mewtwo
  27. Lucario
  28. Greninja
  29. Ness
  30. Lucas
  31. Captain Falcon
  32. Ice Climbers
  33. Marth
  34. Ike
  35. Robin
  36. Byleth
  37. Mr. Game & Watch
  38. Pit & Dark Pit
  39. Palutena
  40. Olimar
  41. R.O.B.
  42. Villager
  43. Shulk
  44. Pyra / Mythra
  45. Inkling
  46. Snake
  47. Sonic
  48. Mega Man
  49. Ryu & Ken
  50. PAC-MAN
  51. Cloud
  52. Banjo & Kazooie
Newcomers
  1. Toad
  2. Waluigi
  3. Pauline
  4. Dixie Kong
  5. Raven Beak
  6. Bandana Waddle Dee
  7. Black Shadow
  8. Ashley
  9. Noah & Mio
  10. Ring Fit Trainee
  11. Dr. Eggman
  12. Chun-Li
  13. Crash Bandicoot
  14. Rayman
  15. 2B

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not going to repeat too much what others I've already said, but here's some notes:
-I really don't see Pig Ganon at this point getting in, even if they really want a second Ganon they definitely would go with Totk Ganon, but personally I feel like Totk will finally be the opportunity to have something else than a Triforce character (with Sidon being imo the frontruner).

-I think people are overestimating Fire emblem chances. In the past games it was mostly very lucky with timing release, I doubt Alear would be considered unless Smash 6 starts development pretty much right now (Sakurai even admits that a 6 month difference could mean that Robin and Lucina wouldn't have been in Smash 4). Next Fire emblem is probably a remake and Smash rarely takes characters from remake so I could just see them skipping Fire emblem in the next Smash unless either FE18 is not a remake or the next Smash is so far off that it's releasing near FE19.

-I really don't see why Chibi Robo would get in. Isaac you could make a case because of fan demand, but Chibi robo don't really even have that, and he's not even old enough to get in as a legacy pick, so he's really in a awkward spot where there's pretty much no way he gets in. Even if you really want 3 new first party franchise, Ring fit was the obvious pick like others have mentionned, or you could maybe make a case for Advance wars because of the remake or a retro pick like Excitebike, Takamaru or Famicom detective club before Chibi robo.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
-I really don't see Pig Ganon at this point getting in, even if they really want a second Ganon they definitely would go with Totk Ganon, but personally I feel like Totk will finally be the opportunity to have something else than a Triforce character (with Sidon being imo the frontruner).
I think Sidon's got a really good chance now, also he's technically not a one-off character as he's been in two games now. He can also be a companion in TOTK and uses a spear, so there's something to work with already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom