• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bond of bravery hasnt been in a game though i dont think.
It's in ReArise. Though I think that was later DLC for the movie, and not from the start, but I don't remember. It also released in Digimon Pendulum Z later in the same year after the anime.

Edit: Yeah, they were from later updates, as it was a Gacha Game(that plays via Turn-based rpg too).

But it misses the point. This is his final form for the franchise at this time, not any form of Omnimon(which mind you, only some forms were used in any story, respectively. Game or not). Most Digimon from the manga and anime appear in the games, though there's a significant amount of game-only Digimon who have a one-shot appearance and little else to note(as well as the CD drama ones), barely being recognized as a "proper release". Which makes little sense, really, but I guess being playable or appearing more than once might be what Wikimon defines it as or something? I guess? For a perspective, around 10% of created Digimon are treated as unreleased, at a pretty small 143(for instance, SnowAgumon was not a proper Digimon till later on. Though sometimes they've split Digimon apart too, like Justimon's different arms are for some reason treated as three modes instead. This might only be because his X-Form is a combination of all arms at once or just a weird ruling). There's nearly 1500 total Digimon, with a whopping 1,469 total. Though keep in mind the inconsistencies at times, but you get the idea of how rare it is for one to not appear in a game. For the most part, any important one to a notable movie will have a game appearance down the line anyway.

There's also a lot of games that didn't get released, either. That said, the most odd thing I've seen is the choices in Digimon All-Star Rumble, though only cause it can come out of nowhere to go with it(but from a gameplay perspective, every single odd case kind of stands out as unique).

https://wikimon.net/Digimon_All-Star_Rumble Something though worth noting is that they could've quite easily not repeated the second evolution option without issues. There were both VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon, though this one isn't that bad as there was no other Omnimon variant... yet. We had three Imperialdramon options at the time anyway, and the other two actually are quite different enough. Fusion's options could've just had a different version of Shoutmon X[Number], with X5B being for Impmon respectively, and it's not really that hard to find something different for Gatomon or Biyomon either.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because the characters Smash changed have no reliable canon scale like Ridley or Bowser, or the series fighters have all been scaled commensurately into Smash. As in, all the Kirby characters were kept, more or less, in scale with each other, it's not Kirby being scaled up but Dedede wasn't and they're suddenly the same size, akin to a Lugia barely bigger than an Incineroar would be.

That's why that picture you posted is itself so jarring. Lugia and Charizard are the same size. It looks... off.

Also, what did they do to Charizard? If that character got resized, it wasn't by much.
Kirbys height in smash is sorta canon if you look at Adeline and forgotten lands height measurements in wonderia!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I imagine Agumon having a gimmick akin to Joker, where a bar fills up, and when it does he turns into Greymon, which powers up all his moves briefly.

And Omnimon as his final smash.

A late reply, but imagine how confused the people would be in their reaction videos if they put a Level 5 character in Smash and throw us a complete curveball character like the protagonist from the Inazuma Eleven games.
I dont even think this is an impossibility, just extremely unlikely. The series was pretty popular in regions outside of America.
I want an even bigger curveball in the form of a Rogue Galaxy character (Zegram Ghart). Ruby from Dark Cloud or Monica from Dark Cloud 2 would be great too. I believe all of those games are at least partially owned by Sony so I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Hello! :)
How do you guys feel about Adol Cristin (from Ys) chances for the next game?
I've never played those games, but looking at the trailers and videos of Ys X, he looks like he could be a cool character to play as, (The girl with the axe and shield would make a cool assist trophy as well)
I did some research and the Ys series is pretty old (The first game came out in 1989) so it has it's legacy.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've never played those games, but looking at the trailers and videos of Ys X, he looks like he could be a cool character to play as, (The girl with the axe and shield would make a cool assist trophy as well)
I did some research and the Ys series is pretty old (The first game came out in 1989) so it has it's legacy.
I’ll take just about any Falcom character, but the one I’m specifically rooting for is Estelle Bright from Trails in the Sky.

(BTW, fun fact: Estelle Bright’s birthday is August 7th, the same as a the Japanese release of Tales of Vesperia…which also features a character named Estelle)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I want an even bigger curveball in the form of a Rogue Galaxy character (Zegram Ghart). Ruby from Dark Cloud or Monica from Dark Cloud 2 would be great too. I believe all of those games are at least partially owned by Sony so I’m not holding my breath.
Another curve ball that could be fun would be Oliver from Ni no Kuni. He could be a puppet type of fighters, using his familiar to help him fight.

I think it has a decent shot, the franchises is way more popular than ever with more consistent Western release. If anything I think that Adol have more chances than the Trails protagonists because Adol is consistent while the protagonist of Trails changes every subseries.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
I’ve said things like this before, but I feel like Smash doesn’t fully utilize the idea of representing 3rd party franchises by means other than a playable character. What I mean is, 3rd party franchises without playable characters but still have content like stages, songs, Assist Trophies, etc.

Monster Hunter in Ultimate is the best example of this, featuring Rathalos both a boss AND an Assist Trophy, as well as a few songs and Spirits. A step in the right direction when you consider all the other 3rd party content in the game, but I still feel like it could go beyond that (among what’s feasible, anyway).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’ve said things like this before, but I feel like Smash doesn’t fully utilize the idea of representing 3rd party franchises by means other than a playable character. What I mean is, 3rd party franchises without playable characters but still have content like stages, songs, Assist Trophies, etc.

Monster Hunter in Ultimate is the best example of this, featuring Rathalos both a boss AND an Assist Trophy, as well as a few songs and Spirits. A step in the right direction when you consider all the other 3rd party content in the game, but I still feel like it could go beyond that (among what’s feasible, anyway).
hmm perhaps i should have responded to that here

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Personally I 100% agree with you, but the problem is that it's a double edge sword because I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed to see third party franchises having only having assist trophies or stages with no characters. You can already tell with a lot of mii costumes like Lloyd, Dante or Shantae that some fans were not happy.

I think it worked well with Monster hunter because Rathalos is a very cool boss/assist and nobody was expecting him to be playable, but he's still a very important mascot of the franchise in a way. But having stuff like Crash or Rayman as assist trophies would probably be very controversial honestly.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Personally I 100% agree with you, but the problem is that it's a double edge sword because I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed to see third party franchises having only having assist trophies or stages with no characters. You can already tell with a lot of mii costumes like Lloyd, Dante or Shantae that some fans were not happy.

I think it worked well with Monster hunter because Rathalos is a very cool boss/assist and nobody was expecting him to be playable, but he's still a very important mascot of the franchise in a way. But having stuff like Crash or Rayman as assist trophies would probably be very controversial honestly.
Here’s the thing: obviously there are plenty of 3rd party franchises deserving of a playable character. Equally, I want to cast a wider net by representing 3rd party franchises through non-playable representation.

chinkuru

Smash Cadet
I imagine Agumon having a gimmick akin to Joker, where a bar fills up, and when it does he turns into Greymon, which powers up all his moves briefly.

And Omnimon as his final smash.

A late reply, but imagine how confused the people would be in their reaction videos if they put a Level 5 character in Smash and throw us a complete curveball character like the protagonist from the Inazuma Eleven games.
I dont even think this is an impossibility, just extremely unlikely. The series was pretty popular in regions outside of America.
My dream gymnick for agumon is a care mechanic (food, sleep, vitamins, cleaning) and depending on how well you care for it, it evolves into Greymon, Tyranomon or Numemon. The final smash would be Metal Greymon

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My dream gymnick for agumon is a care mechanic (food, sleep, vitamins, cleaning) and depending on how well you care for it, it evolves into Greymon, Tyranomon or Numemon. The final smash would be Metal Greymon
Sounds like a great idea for a gimmick if you ask me.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'd love to see more 3rd parties in Smash even if it meant they didn't get a playable character. But yeah some of these franchises' fans would probably be disappointed if their game series got "snubbed" or whatever. Monster Hunter is a good example of a game that doesn't necessarily need a specific playable character to be repped "correctly." Tetris is another, could really just be a stage. I would be disappointed but not to the point it'd turn me off to the game as a whole.

One genre that comes to mind that could totally be included for it's iconic status is the action rpg/adventure game like GTA, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed, etc. Games that focus on what appear to be open world, that includes side missions and world building or rpg elements. These games could have a playable rep but could also suffice for stages or bosses or assists.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The most ideal option might be having third party elements from games where a fighter simply isn't practical. There's loads of great shoot em ups, racing releases, puzzle titles, and rhythm games that could still have interesting content even if they didn't have a playable character proper.

Sega especially is loaded with this kind of stuff; get me a Virtua Racer stage with After Burner music while a Panzer Dragoon assist trophy is activated by a Mii in a Ulala (Space Channel 5) costume.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
That's why that picture you posted is itself so jarring. Lugia and Charizard are the same size. It looks... off.

Also, what did they do to Charizard? If that character got resized, it wasn't by much.
It's a literal in-game screenshot. Everybody is pretty much okay with downsizing the legendaries in the source material, even if that downsizing is due to technical limitations (and practical limitations are basically the same reason they'd be downsized in Smash). So I don't see why it would stop them after already making compromises on the scale of a character before, that is, if Lugia was really the character they wanted (which I don't think it would be but that's not the argument). But I mean, I could get the argument that they wouldn't do it unless it was a case like Ridley with overwhelming fan demand or some other extraordinary circumstance.

Edit: On Zard, some people point to its size relative to Pikachu. But regardless of that, I mostly mean that Lugia could be implemented in a way similar to Zard in terms of scale and body type, i.e. in-game it is pretty much the same size as another mon already in Smash with a similar body type, so Zard is a good reference point.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
One genre that comes to mind that could totally be included for it's iconic status is the action rpg/adventure game like GTA, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed, etc. Games that focus on what appear to be open world, that includes side missions and world building or rpg elements. These games could have a playable rep but could also suffice for stages or bosses or assists.
Can chasing the **** train could count as a boss. Bonus points for the characters that can suplex

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The GTA series often makes me wonder how Americans feel about Scotland’s portrayal of their country

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
that is a Scottish movie though
True that. It was marketed in the US but originates there. I've come to accept the bleakness as accurate but having only ties to parts of England it's still "just a story" if you take my meaning. Meanwhile, I'd say from my own gaming experience with the GTA series, they relied on typical Hollywood tropes for story telling, glorification of mobsters and gangs and the like, and yet it's actually fairly accurate lol. Also it pleased SO many gamers just to be in that world, so if anything, they got it right.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I think it has a decent shot, the franchises is way more popular than ever with more consistent Western release. If anything I think that Adol have more chances than the Trails protagonists because Adol is consistent while the protagonist of Trails changes every subseries.
Yup, it seems like with Ys VIII, the series got more popular in the west (I think wasn't aware of it's existence pre-2018), i heard this game was very well recived as well, makes me wonder if they'll pick a Ys VIII stage if Adol comes to smash since it seems to be the most popular entry in the west, (Or maybe even a Ys X stage if it manages to be more popular than Ys VIII).
I don't know much about Trails either, but "Trails of Cold Steel" subseries is the one i heard off the most from people online, so they could pick the protagonist of that subseries (Rean) to rep the series maybe? I don't know if that's the most popular subseries, becausei'm aware a subseries with Estelle Bright exists, and she seems to have more support than Rean, so idk, maybe a Trails fan could give us their thoughts about the "ideal" Trails rep.

I'm a Dark Cloud fan and Max or Monica in Smash would be cool, i liked Rogue Galaxy too.
Starlight Temple and The Dorgenark would make awesome stages as well! I also pick Gaspard and Steve as ATs.
This makes me wonder if we'll ever get a Sony rep at some point?

I would like to see the Space Invaders as ATs, they're one of the most iconic videogame characters.
You could make them a fighter, but they could definitely work as AT as well.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True that. It was marketed in the US but originates there. I've come to accept the bleakness as accurate but having only ties to parts of England it's still "just a story" if you take my meaning. Meanwhile, I'd say from my own gaming experience with the GTA series, they relied on typical Hollywood tropes for story telling, glorification of mobsters and gangs and the like, and yet it's actually fairly accurate lol. Also it pleased SO many gamers just to be in that world, so if anything, they got it right.
good to know

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I think Adol has a chance.

His company Nihon Falcom (much like Square-Enix) is well-known for their RPGs, specifically for pioneering action-RPGs and their games are highly influential too. And yes, Ys started way back in 1987, so Adol is actually older than all the RPG characters in Smash so far. Plus, Sakurai has made a short video showing Nihon Falcom games, namely Ys and Dragon Slayer. Seeing how he's seemingly an RPG fan, he's definitely aware of the series and its significance.

So yeah, I wouldn't doubt Adol's chances. Nihon Falcom is a major Japanese video game company, yet it surprisingly doesn't have anything in Smash. But, of course, that could very well change by the next game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
Anyways, what if Ultimate, instead of a regular Final Smash Meter, had an EX Gauge? Here’s my concept:
Basically, think the Final Smash Meter except you can do more with it (you could still use it as a Final Smash Meter but you could also use it for whatever SSBU calls its equivalent to Roman Cancels). You could also still be anble to turn off the EX Gauge to play Smash as normal. Only question is, how do we balance and what buttons do we assign to it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yeah that really bugs me
Same. It doesn't seem to have a purpose. My best guess is either it's to keep the pages consistent for "semi-unique designs" or it's treated differently in some material like the card game. The latter at least makes sense, former less so.

...Actually, it is the latter. Critical Arm, etc. do have their own cards, so they are at least treated as different modes. Which, imo, is still pretty silly, but making it useful in gameplay is at least kind of a nice thing. The latest card game went out of their way to separate them for gameplay uniqueness. But either way, it's nothing more than a very barely there mode change. I think it did help that Justimon X is an actual fusion of all 3 arms overall, so they did make it slightly less silly in why they're separate things.

Besides that, we have a lot of crazy odd Digimon like the VR copies, the tons of recolors who have no tangible differences at times(Hi, Greymon O), and even some Digimon with identical names but overall differences(both BlackSeraphimon, technically how the Justimon work, and there's an actual alternate version of Imperialdramon Paladin Mode too. VR-Imperial is actually a BlackImperialdramon Paladin Mode. I'm hoping at some point they give it a unique dub name like Tyrant Mode to fit Lawful Evil nature of what evil Paladins are usually in DnD or something better than that. Worth noting that some of the VR's are even full-out recolors instead of just slightly unique Digimon due to how they're created. VenomMyotismon's version has fully blue legs compared to the original's partial shadings. Another fun example is WarGreymon's, which has a darker shade, but is a Virus type too. Unlike ChaosGreymon who looks nearly the same as BlackWarGreymon, VR-WarGrey actually has a much darker shade from the original and stands out a bit more. Including a red eye color to emphasize the evil part).

Man, there's just a lot, lol.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The most ideal option might be having third party elements from games where a fighter simply isn't practical. There's loads of great shoot em ups, racing releases, puzzle titles, and rhythm games that could still have interesting content even if they didn't have a playable character proper.

Sega especially is loaded with this kind of stuff; get me a Virtua Racer stage with After Burner music while a Panzer Dragoon assist trophy is activated by a Mii in a Ulala (Space Channel 5) costume.
Have a Samba de amiigo assist trophy that's kinda like DK's brawl final smash, a Puyo puyo assist trophy i think would be a great idea and Virtual on Mii outfits for Temjin and Fei yen.

I'd love to see more 3rd parties in Smash even if it meant they didn't get a playable character. But yeah some of these franchises' fans would probably be disappointed if their game series got "snubbed" or whatever. Monster Hunter is a good example of a game that doesn't necessarily need a specific playable character to be repped "correctly." Tetris is another, could really just be a stage. I would be disappointed but not to the point it'd turn me off to the game as a whole.

I'm perfectly fine with Monster Hunter never getting a playable character and sticking Rathelos as a boss fight, but man, i wish we got a Monster Hunter stage for multiplayer, i think that was a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Technically we do have a rep from this era of "Level 5 making games for other people to keep the lights on before they made Professor Layton" in the form of the Dragon quest 8 Hero, since Level 5 made that game for Square.

chinkuru

Smash Cadet
Yup, it seems like with Ys VIII, the series got more popular in the west (I think wasn't aware of it's existence pre-2018), i heard this game was very well recived as well, makes me wonder if they'll pick a Ys VIII stage if Adol comes to smash since it seems to be the most popular entry in the west, (Or maybe even a Ys X stage if it manages to be more popular than Ys VIII).
I don't know much about Trails either, but "Trails of Cold Steel" subseries is the one i heard off the most from people online, so they could pick the protagonist of that subseries (Rean) to rep the series maybe? I don't know if that's the most popular subseries, becausei'm aware a subseries with Estelle Bright exists, and she seems to have more support than Rean, so idk, maybe a Trails fan could give us their thoughts about the "ideal" Trails rep.

I'm a Dark Cloud fan and Max or Monica in Smash would be cool, i liked Rogue Galaxy too.
Starlight Temple and The Dorgenark would make awesome stages as well! I also pick Gaspard and Steve as ATs.
This makes me wonder if we'll ever get a Sony rep at some point?

I would like to see the Space Invaders as ATs, they're one of the most iconic videogame characters.
You could make them a fighter, but they could definitely work as AT as well.
Or at least the Nintendo's clone Space Fever

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Same. It doesn't seem to have a purpose. My best guess is either it's to keep the pages consistent for "semi-unique designs" or it's treated differently in some material like the card game. The latter at least makes sense, former less so.

...Actually, it is the latter. Critical Arm, etc. do have their own cards, so they are at least treated as different modes. Which, imo, is still pretty silly, but making it useful in gameplay is at least kind of a nice thing. The latest card game went out of their way to separate them for gameplay uniqueness. But either way, it's nothing more than a very barely there mode change. I think it did help that Justimon X is an actual fusion of all 3 arms overall, so they did make it slightly less silly in why they're separate things.

Besides that, we have a lot of crazy odd Digimon like the VR copies, the tons of recolors who have no tangible differences at times(Hi, Greymon O), and even some Digimon with identical names but overall differences(both BlackSeraphimon, technically how the Justimon work, and there's an actual alternate version of Imperialdramon Paladin Mode too. VR-Imperial is actually a BlackImperialdramon Paladin Mode. I'm hoping at some point they give it a unique dub name like Tyrant Mode to fit Lawful Evil nature of what evil Paladins are usually in DnD or something better than that. Worth noting that some of the VR's are even full-out recolors instead of just slightly unique Digimon due to how they're created. VenomMyotismon's version has fully blue legs compared to the original's partial shadings. Another fun example is WarGreymon's, which has a darker shade, but is a Virus type too. Unlike ChaosGreymon who looks nearly the same as BlackWarGreymon, VR-WarGrey actually has a much darker shade from the original and stands out a bit more. Including a red eye color to emphasize the evil part).

Man, there's just a lot, lol.
that's why i'm glad we have wikis to keep tack of these things

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team

Actually, Magician Type-0 from House of the Dead might work as a Rathalos-esque situation (both a boss and an Assist Trophy).

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I think Adol has a chance.

His company Nihon Falcom (much like Square-Enix) is well-known for their RPGs, specifically for pioneering action-RPGs and their games are highly influential too. And yes, Ys started way back in 1987, so Adol is actually older than all the RPG characters in Smash so far. Plus, Sakurai has made a short video showing Nihon Falcom games, namely Ys and Dragon Slayer. Seeing how he's seemingly an RPG fan, he's definitely aware of the series and its significance.

So yeah, I wouldn't doubt Adol's chances. Nihon Falcom is a major Japanese video game company, yet it surprisingly doesn't have anything in Smash. But, of course, that could very well change by the next game.
It would be cool to see the pioneer of the action-rpg genere in Smash Bros. for sure!
I'm also surprised Nihon Falcom didn't get anything in Ultimate, not even spirits, specially when Ys IX came out in September 2019, they could've added spirits from Ys IX, but oh well.
This is not related to Adol, but i think a Guilty Gear rep is also up there, specially with how popular Arc Sys is right now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that's why i'm glad we have wikis to keep tack of these things
That and seeing new evolution options.

I just love the fact one of my old characters now has a proper path. And one that fits his entire backstory better. I don't know if you remember when I had a MetalTyrannomon X avatar and name, but it's the same guy.

Basically, he's a regal person who was trained into a Gentleman once becoming an Ogremon(being a Goblimon first). MetalTyrannomon now can come from Ogremon, and this justifies his Gentleman persona better than having an odd Flarerizamon as a Champion. Now his "I drink tea" shtick works a loooooot better. Albeit, he can't hold the cup in regular MetalTyrannomon form so went to X-form first to continue who he is. There's a lot of other data, but it was a nice easy way to make everything work out(MetalTyrannomon X looking akin to a Were-Dinosaur also helps, as Were-Creatures sometimes can be humanoid enough to wear a tuxedo, etc).

It's neither the first or last one that gets some cool options thanks to having a Wiki properly explain it. I'm still waiting for ToyAgumon to go into a Puppet Champion that can go into WaruMonzaemon, Monzaemon, or ExTyrannomon, who all feel like pretty decent Ultimate options for Puppetmon. The only actual line that works so far that is all Puppet types are any Puppet(...A.K.A. only ToyAgumon so far) into Omekamon -> Pumpkinmon -> Puppetmon. Only issue I have with it is Pumpkinmon isn't toy-like to some degree like the rest can be seen as, making it kind of meh. It follows the type, but not the theme too well.

That said, the big thing I'd love to see is a quick warp evolution sequence for the Final Smash, which is pretty easy to vary, if only reusing animated scenes depending the exact Megas. Like, looking at Agumon(2006), whatever WarGreymon variant he could have would probably focus on more clothing details, so maybe WarGreymon X as the core design? Or VR-WarGrey also works, as Agumon's colors in Adventure and 2006 are actually heavily changed yellows in brightness. So having their WarGreymon variants being based upon how bright it is stands out enough. It is possible to use a different model like ShineGreymon too, but only if it's a cutscene and not something you outright control. As having multiple Final Smashes is more complicated, and should be accessible to any version being played as. Being based upon a costume doesn't work, heh.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That and seeing new evolution options.

I just love the fact one of my old characters now has a proper path. And one that fits his entire backstory better. I don't know if you remember when I had a MetalTyrannomon X avatar and name, but it's the same guy.

Basically, he's a regal person who was trained into a Gentleman once becoming an Ogremon(being a Goblimon first). MetalTyrannomon now can come from Ogremon, and this justifies his Gentleman persona better than having an odd Flarerizamon as a Champion. Now his "I drink tea" shtick works a loooooot better. Albeit, he can't hold the cup in regular MetalTyrannomon form so went to X-form first to continue who he is. There's a lot of other data, but it was a nice easy way to make everything work out(MetalTyrannomon X looking akin to a Were-Dinosaur also helps, as Were-Creatures sometimes can be humanoid enough to wear a tuxedo, etc).

It's neither the first or last one that gets some cool options thanks to having a Wiki properly explain it. I'm still waiting for ToyAgumon to go into a Puppet Champion that can go into WaruMonzaemon, Monzaemon, or ExTyrannomon, who all feel like pretty decent Ultimate options for Puppetmon. The only actual line that works so far that is all Puppet types are any Puppet(...A.K.A. only ToyAgumon so far) into Omekamon -> Pumpkinmon -> Puppetmon. Only issue I have with it is Pumpkinmon isn't toy-like to some degree like the rest can be seen as, making it kind of meh. It follows the type, but not the theme too well.

That said, the big thing I'd love to see is a quick warp evolution sequence for the Final Smash, which is pretty easy to vary, if only reusing animated scenes depending the exact Megas. Like, looking at Agumon(2006), whatever WarGreymon variant he could have would probably focus on more clothing details, so maybe WarGreymon X as the core design? Or VR-WarGrey also works, as Agumon's colors in Adventure and 2006 are actually heavily changed yellows in brightness. So having their WarGreymon variants being based upon how bright it is stands out enough. It is possible to use a different model like ShineGreymon too, but only if it's a cutscene and not something you outright control. As having multiple Final Smashes is more complicated, and should be accessible to any version being played as. Being based upon a costume doesn't work, heh.
to be honest grim you’ve had so many usernames I can’t remember them

I’m still waiting on penguinmon to get a proper line. there’s several ice birds that’d work for

ok I’m gonna have to look this up cause I do not remember the loving tea part

with the way FS are now there probably wouldn’t be time for a digivole scene. just cut straight to wargreymon throwing a terra force. although the fanboy in me would still love it

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I still feel Monster Hunter missed the mark. The Rathalos' implementation was a good one, but the lack of a stage that came along with it, despite having the assets from the boss arena already present, was still odd. You could definitely do a lot with an Ancestral Steppe stage as there's a number of different locales in the arena, you can use the formation for varied level design, and you can have the different monsters cameo or even take part as stage hazards like Lagiacrus, the pickle (Deviljho), Gore Magala, Mizutsune, or Zinogre.

Also, as an aside, it's kind of funny talking about the idea of a playable character from MH with Smash and MH fans. The former tends to just be fine with Rathalos, but there was a good amount of disappointment that there wasn't a playable character with the latter group. One of the cases where there's a disconnect between general Smash fans and fans of the series.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
You know

what if we were to see more dual Boss and AT characters like Rathalos? Who else would fit both roles?

or even someone who’s both an AT and in a final smash, like Riki?
It would be a shrunken down version in some respect, but having one of the actual Metal Gear models (TX-55, D, Rex, Ray) would be pretty cool to fight or have attack other fighters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
to be honest grim you’ve had so many usernames I can’t remember them

I’m still waiting on penguinmon to get a proper line. there’s several ice birds that’d work for

ok I’m gonna have to look this up cause I do not remember the loving tea part

with the way FS are now there probably wouldn’t be time for a digivole scene. just cut straight to wargreymon throwing a terra force. although the fanboy in me would still love it
The loving tea is from an OC version of MetalTyrannomon X that I don't think I really brought up on this site before today. So it won't help much. XD

Yeah, Penguinmon have a more specific thing would be neat. Honestly, a lot of Digimon could have a somewhat more stand-out line.

Top Bottom