• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Does the half of the Double Dragon has any of the attributes mentioned in the video?
Yes. In Double Dragon Advance, he has the flying kick, nunchacku, and the stomp (from Enter the Dragon) and in Double Dragon Neon, he has the One Inch Punch. Sometimes Billy's hairstyle even resembles Bruce's (depending on the artwork) and then there's the Double Dragon Advance artwork that was a homage Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris's pose from Return of the Dragon/Way of the Dragon.

Then there's the name, with Billy coming from the first name of Bruce's character Billy Lo from Game of Death and, of course, Lee coming from Bruce's last name.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love the Mii Fighters how they are. They aren't regular Miis, nor meant to be. They're specific to the Smash Bros. Universe and meant to be purely generic in that regard. Which is kind of how they appear in any game, where they're designed to fit the particular game. It's unfortunate we lost some personality, but that wouldn't really work if you're trying to show off tons of characters who couldn't be played as, so the trade-off is understandable. I also don't see any chance of them being reworked to be like the Wii series Miis, since that would go entirely against their point in Smash. See below for another way to give both worlds while not removing their intended purpose.

A playable regular Mii with moves from the various Wii series sounds good too. They both would serve different purposes. Sure, it'd be more limited in costume options(maybe only appearing with the options of any Hat, but also whatever you created the MIi as, and even could bring back the Weight/Size differences while leaving the Mii Fighters as a more balanced variant).

That said, I don't see any massive reworks of any character coming up bar a completely different reboot. Even the most reworked, like Pit and Bowser, still retain their core concept. Pit has new moves, but doesn't shed the core of how he fights. He still uses his main Bow as a multi-weapon, still has a unique barrier move, and the biggest change is no gliding. He's certainly more different. Bowser is more wrestler-like instead of his kaiju design, but he still is a hulking brute with tons of power. If anything, he starts to just fit his evolution throughout the later Mario games, as he plays more and more in sports, making his Wrestler style still fitting.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Speaking of changing character design it was not missed on me that Ganondorf missed out on the Tekken Tourney which was replayed this weekend.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I figured Noah was likely before, but it’s nice to see his VA show support

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I figured Noah was likely before, but it’s nice to see his VA show support
don't be daft noah's got no chance. sak made it perfectly clear that hates xenoblade protags and he hates popular fan requests. what do you mean the rex thing made me paranoid?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Noah is quite likely honestly. I don't see a reason not to add him, or Mio if they rather do something different or if she ends up being more popular.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Noah is quite likely honestly. I don't see a reason not to add him, or Mio if they rather do something different or if she ends up being more popular.
sakurai doesn't need a reason to not include a charcter. you know like how the MK8 team didn't need a reason to exclude your name sake

Aligo

Smash Ace
Chances are it will be skipped like Xenoblade X due to the likely amount of time between 3 and a new smash game. There may even be a more recent Xenoblade chronicles or X sequel between then and the development of a new smash. A lot of games miss out on representation due to bad timing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chances are it will be skipped like Xenoblade X due to the likely amount of time between 3 and a new smash game. There may even be a more recent Xenoblade chronicles or X sequel between then and the development of a new smash. A lot of games miss out on representation due to bad timing.
yeah and it’s my thinking that this is the bad timing period

Aligo

Smash Ace
I would agree with that. At least they aren't particularly interesting design or moveset wise to miss out on. Actually makes me wonder if the next monolith game will be a big project, with the main team being freed from Zelda development maybe.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would agree with that. At least they aren't particularly interesting design or moveset wise to miss out on. Actually makes me wonder if the next monolith game will be a big project, with the main team being freed from Zelda development maybe.
well that’s a bit harsh. On Noah and monolith

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
Ah. Sorry about that, I am letting my personal biases cloud my better judgement on the matter.

I just feel that if monolith had more of the full development team available in the future they could achieve something truly magnificent in both scope and quality, like what the original intention for X was.

The game releases over the past console generation have been very good. As far as xenoblade 3 and potential character choices for smash go, that's more to do with the fact that 3 emphasized the gameplay moreso than the characters and story, resulting in better quality of life than the other titles and cool features like water combat, but I think other aspects of the design were left to the wayside in the process.

Tl:DR

I selfishly wish to see how far monolith could go as a development team if they had full focus on a single title. And I think that both switch xenoblade titles were negatively impacted by BOTW/sequel development.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i'm fairly certain it's standard practice for the bigger game companies to work on multiple games at once. apart from rock star from what i hear

Aligo

Smash Ace
i'm fairly certain it's standard practice for the bigger game companies to work on multiple games at once. apart from rock star from what i hear
Monolith or Nintendo isn't to blame for any of these situations, given the intense difficulties of development and scheduling releases, especially when complications occur as is what has happened with breath of the wild presumably tears of the kingdom.
I just wish the circumstances could have been different. XC2 is my favourite game but I understand how issues performance and quality of life affected the experience for many people, moreso before the game received performance updates. 3 is far more solid in those regards, but the story falls apart along with the world building as it goes on unfortunately dragging down the rest of the experience for me.

It is wishful thinking on my part. I don't want to see a series I really like either disappear like Kid Icarus and Wario Land did, or lose it's identify like Halo.

On another note, does anyone else think that little buddy/smallfry from splatoon 3 could work as a throwing item, like the cucucoo?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just wish the circumstances could have been different. XC2 is my favourite game but I understand how issues performance and quality of life affected the experience for many people, moreso before the game received performance updates. 3 is far more solid in those regards, but the story falls apart along with the world building as it goes on unfortunately dragging down the rest of the experience for me.

It is wishful thinking on my part. I don't want to see a series I really like either disappear like Kid Icarus and Wario Land did, or lose it's identify like Halo.
That’s just how it goes, even a person most favourite writer in the world can make a story they don’t personally take too

Why would the series disappear?

Aligo

Smash Ace
Any number of reasons. Lead writers/developers can leave or shift priorities. Teams can be reorganized and merged with bigger ones. Rights may be handed over to new groups that take the series in a different direction. Subsidiary companies can be disbanded or broken up. In this case it may be that descisions are made for the development teams at monolith soft to prioritize or move to helping development of big series titles or spinoffs. The same happened to golden sun when Camelot was relagated to producing mario sports titles. Before monolith soft became independent and were under bandai namco similar issues lead to the rushed development of the later xenosaga games.

I was wrong in saying the the series Disappear, as it is more like the series is no longer in active development, and so has to be revived as some might say.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Any number of reasons. Lead writers/developers can leave or shift priorities. Teams can be reorganized and merged with bigger ones. Rights may be handed over to new groups that take the series in a different direction. Subsidiary companies can be disbanded or broken up. In this case it may be that descisions are made for the development teams at monolith soft to prioritize or move to helping development of big series titles or spinoffs. The same happened to golden sun when Camelot was relagated to producing mario sports titles. Before monolith soft became independent and were under bandai namco similar issues lead to the rushed development of the later xenosaga games.

I was wrong in saying the the series Disappear, as it is more like the series is no longer in active development, and so has to be revived as some might say.
no cause you see even if it was the exact same writers working to the exact same standard there is 0 guarantee they’d make something you like. That’s just not how writing or any form of creativity works.

ok but why would that happen? Xenoblade has been very well received, more so than golden sun and uprising iirc

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that Xenoblade has had three new games in about the last 7 years (and a remaster of XC1) it doesn't feel like its in much danger of disappearing especially when the Switch titles have all sold fairly well.

Speaking as a Star Fox and Donkey Kong fan, there many other franchises which feel far more at risk of being in semi-permanent hibernation.

Aligo

Smash Ace
Sorry, I should have specified that I am not talking about personal like with this. I know that lot of people enjoy the story a lot for xeno 3 or have it as their favourite in the series and it would be wrong to expect all aspects to be what I'd like.

You are right about xeno being more popular than the other games than I mentioned but it is still not a large series and is thus not immune to those kinds of misfortunes. Even Donkey Kong country has been left in the lurch for a while, and is a better known series than xenoblade. Heck if xc2 sold poorly they may not have continued titles on switch or significantly scaled back development. Sometimes things just happened for little or no reason at all l.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
DK’s dormancy seems to because everyone who would develop it has been doing other things. Star fox, well zero got a lot of flak so that’s what happened there. A number of Nintendo franchises go dormant cause of sales and I will never forgive you lot letting that happen to chibi and of course there’s the chance that the devs themselves don’t want to do it. Ioti said earthbound is done so that’s why that’s not happening. Kid Icarus went back into dormancy cause the guy responsible for the revival has been busy. There can be any number of things

with DK I feel it’s just a case of no one interested making it and/or retro was told to do mp4 instead

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It’s been pretty well known for a while that a new DK game has been in development by I think the Odyssey team for a while now so if that, very likely honestly, rumor is legit DK’s Dormancy won’t be for TOO much longer.

Honestly, DK really just needs a dedicated team for its development. Yoshi’s has Good Feel right now, Kirby has Hal, Mario and Zelda has EPD, Metroid will likely have MercurySteam going forward, etc. but ever since Rare left Nintendo, DK hasn’t had a dedicated team to develop games. That looked to change with Retro but then SOMETHING happened, who knows what. Monster Games would’ve been a great choice to take over after making DKCR3D and helping out on Tropical Freeze but now they got bought by iRacing or whatever.

It’s just a shame too because DK games sell well. They really do but outside circumstances end up resulting in a dormancy period really often. Despite that the DK franchise has a tendency to be filled with absolute bangers DKC 1, 2, Returns, Tropical Freeze, and Jungle Beat especially.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It’s been pretty well known for a while that a new DK game has been in development by I think the Odyssey team for a while now so if that, very likely honestly, rumor is legit DK’s Dormancy won’t be for TOO much longer.

Honestly, DK really just needs a dedicated team for its development. Yoshi’s has Good Feel right now, Kirby has Hal, Mario and Zelda has EPD, Metroid will likely have MercurySteam going forward, etc. but ever since Rare left Nintendo, DK hasn’t had a dedicated team to develop games. That looked to change with Retro but then SOMETHING happened, who knows what. Monster Games would’ve been a great choice to take over after making DKCR3D and helping out on Tropical Freeze but now they got bought by iRacing or whatever.

It’s just a shame too because DK games sell well. They really do but outside circumstances end up resulting in a dormancy period really often. Despite that the DK franchise has a tendency to be filled with absolute bangers DKC 1, 2, Returns, Tropical Freeze, and Jungle Beat especially.
FWIW, I think Retro may have had issues with creative differences and people leaving. DidYouKnowGaming posted videos on two cancelled Zelda games by Retro (the Sheik spinoff, and a SRPG called Heroes of Hyrule), and both vids gave me the impression that Retro had a bunch of problems behind-the-scenes. Can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with DK dying just as quickly as it had come back...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

in fairness Kirby has always been hal unlike your other examples

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
My personal guess is that tap-jump exists because it's the same input that is used in traditional fighting games like Street Fighter or KoF. I agree it's awful in Smash, though I have seen arguments that it can be good for specific characters like Meta Knight.

As someone who played Brawl on a Wiimote, I've got to tell you that jump is way less precise on triggers than face buttons. Consistently timing slightly out-of-sync button presses with a thumb and forefinger is a struggle. If there was an attempt at the short-hop problem, I'd like to see the short-hop window extended an extra frame. That would mean full-hops would need the same initial jump momentum as short-hops or jumps would have to come out 1 frame slower, but it would make the input easier. Less input delay might make it easier, too, since the screen would match up with people's fingers more. Pressing a button less time to jump less high is pretty common and makes sense. It just needs to be a little easier to pull off so people don't need shortcuts to do it.
Hey thanks for the reply (I'm pretty sure we've had similar conversations in the past in this thread because I recognize your avatar I think) and oof with regards to Wiimote Smash. Always plugged in a Gamecube controller when playing Brawl but I didn't have Brawl for very long. Personally with these little rants of mine, I don't even begin to consider the Joycon players out there. I just sort of presume that the overwhelming majority of people don't play that way and the ones that do are at least partially aware of the Joycon's inherent limitations.

I'd also never advocate taking tap-jump away entirely because it's an innocuous enough inclusion for the players that want it or the characters it helps but I do advocate for defaulting it off.

My jumps are a little weird but I have one set to L and the other set to ZR. For me it gives each hand a jump and also makes each one "feel" distinct from the other which helps me I guess. Plus like you I like my grab above my action buttons. Feels more natural for me too considering that's where the Z-button was on the Gamecube controller with it being grab in Melee and Brawl.

You actually only have to do the short-hop shortcut if you're just jumping without attacks as the game defaults the jump to a short-hop if you action an attack simultaneously with the jump. This makes it so you have to slightly delay the attack if you want a full-hop. This is another reason I think having 2 distinct short-hop and full-hop buttons would be very good for the game.

The only dilemma for a player like me at that point is deciding which hand gets what hop but that's nothing to worry about.

I do find the button placement for roll and grab unintuitive, so what I always do for my custom controls is put shield on the left (now roll is all done with the left hand) and grab on the right (all offensive maneuvers are on the right hand). If there was a dash button I'd also put it on the left, and final smash would be on the right if that ever gets its own button (I don't know why it hasn't, tbh). I have to change the grab button in literally every fighting game though, so it might just be me.
Nah man it's a good organizational philosophy. I didn't really think why I preferred my grab on my R button until you articulated your thought process here. Doesn't hurt that I'm right-handed and one would naturally want their dominant hand working the more "actionable" buttons so to speak.

I actually don't care for out-of-shield specials (I think they make both offense and defense less thoughtful), so I'd rather go the other direction. That said, I think it's less that side-B while shielding causes a roll, and more that hitting a direction while shielding causes a roll and the B button does nothing in those instances. Side specials out of shield would mean stacking a roll and a special on some of the same inputs, and cause accidental rolls when timing isn't perfect. I suppose you could change how rolls work, but I don't see how they could be any more intuitive than they currently are.
Yeah I know. The game doesn't recognize the Side-Special and Down-Special as unique inputs from simply holding your left-stick to the sides or down. Though what makes this all the more perplexing is that Smash-Stick still suffers from this line in the game's code. You don't move with your right-stick in this game whatsoever with any setup and yet the game still registers Smash-Stick side/down inputs just the same as it does your left-stick. Ultimately what I'm saying though is that I wish it would recognize them as unique inputs because I think it'd be better for the game.

The thing is I actually kind of agree with you. Even though out-of-shield options are such a staple in this game they're also kind of 1-dimensional... Though I think perfect-shielding had done a lot improving this. Another major part of this problem is that I think it's because you're limited to short-hop aerials, Up-Smash and Up-Special. Opening up the sides and down give everyone 4 more options (Side-Specials/Down-Specials + Side-Smash/Down-Smash and whether these would be good or even usable options for any 1 particular character in question is another case altogether) which would add a little extra variety to the equation.

So kind of a different tangent here but I thought I'd include it. This conversation had me consider another potential problem with having only 1-shield input on your controller and the process of hypothesizing around it made me discover something already in the game that I didn't know about.

So the issue was if I decided to keep my 1-shield on the Y-button like I'm saying then all of a sudden, because I'm a Tilt-Stick user, my Out-of-Shield Smash attacks (obviously just Up-Smash currently but this same issue would apply even if the devs opened up Side/Down-Specials/Smash out-of-shield) became extremely unnatural to perform trying to slide my sort of clawed index finger over the A-button. While Melee players have become accustomed to this very unhealthy hand position (another reason I think the Melee community needs to get over their "git gud" crap and prioritize their players' health and well-being by allowing button mapping) and have demonstrated that it's something players can get used to it's still way too much way to ask of the overwhelming majority of Smash's audience because even putting aside the hand-health concerns it's still very unintuitive and not something even I'd like to practice.

I had a eureka moment when I thought that simultaneous directional+grab inputs that act as Smash inputs ONLY while in shield would remedy this situation. I was actually a little worried about proposing this because I thought it would just be seen as another one of my overthought fixes but I was surprised to find out that this is already the case in the game with regards to Up-Smash! It also feels super natural too and basically I've discovered that I don't need my 2nd shield input whatsoever now and I'm currently deciding what I'm gonna put there instead. Having a 2nd special button for my other hand is looking pretty good right now. Gonna have to practice to make sure I don't whiff grabs when I mean to Up-Smash though.

Good ****. Crazy how long this game has been out and the hours I've put into it without ever once thinking to try that.

Something that might help some of this stuff is if the game allowed people to customize their controls without leaving character select. Some of those issues like tap-jump and not liking where shield is placed would be a lot less intrusive if the game let you change button layout on the fly, even if the game didn't change them by default.
Yes I too would love the ability to mess with my buttons as I wanted. It's not something I'd prioritize but more seamless player control is always the best as far as I'm concerned. I just name all my **** what it is. Tilt-Stick, Smash-stick and the like.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also the "DK game made by Odyssey team" rumor has been around long enough now for a lot of people to lose belief in it. It could still turn out to be true, but in any case the wait doesn't make DK fans any less nervous about the possibility of it not being true.
This is exactly it. There have always been rumors, just no evidence. Yeah there's a theme park going , great. So far it means to me Nintendo is willing to do everything but make a DK game, and it's relatively easy to make a DK theme park, for once it's closely related to Mario and second jungle theme parks are a major thing in say, Disney and Warner Bros theme parks, or at least the ones I went to (Paris and Florida Disney parks especially gave me a strong DKC vibe when I was young and went there with my parents, minecart rides especially, they could copy paste it and tag DK unto it and that'd be it).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This is exactly it. There have always been rumors, just no evidence. Yeah there's a theme park going , great. So far it means to me Nintendo is willing to do everything but make a DK game, and it's relatively easy to make a DK theme park, for once it's closely related to Mario and second jungle theme parks are a major thing in say, Disney and Warner Bros theme parks, or at least the ones I went to (Paris and Florida Disney parks especially gave me a strong DKC vibe when I was young and went there with my parents, minecart rides especially, they could copy paste it and tag DK unto it and that'd be it).
I’d still love if Nintendo could hire Playtonic to make a DK game. I’m not sure what they’ve been up to since Impossible Lair but it would be awesome to at least see some of the original team that made the classic DKC games have a go at making a modern sequel. I need more David Wise music in my life lol.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I’d still love if Nintendo could hire Playtonic to make a DK game. I’m not sure what they’ve been up to since Impossible Lair but it would be awesome to at least see some of the original team that made the classic DKC games have a go at making a modern sequel. I need more David Wise music in my life lol.
I DID see some people claim they're working on a Yooka-Laylee sequel (one that plays more like the original), but I couldn't find any sources for that. Given that they seem to be a bit on the smaller side, maybe they can't quite afford to work on multiple projects?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Wha...? I wasn't doing that. All I said was, it pains me how well they fit.
I, for one, thought it was pretty cool to be honest. I love Smash mods and I’m completely in favor of fans trying to make characters take more direct inspiration from their source games, even if that means ripping animations from existing games. In fact, that almost makes it even cooler in my opinion.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just want to know how after multiple Excite games including Excite Bikes: World Rally, Excite Trucks, and Excitebots, Pilotwings Resort, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D,Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade 3D, Monster Games didn’t get scooped up by a Nintendo and instead let them make NASCAR games, get bought by iRacing, and then fade off into obscurity. What a waste of talent man.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A number of Nintendo franchises go dormant cause of sales and I will never forgive you lot letting that happen to chibi
In total fairness here, I wouldn't blame anybody for the failure of Zip Lash specifically aside from Skip, Ltd. themselves. The game was an absolute trainwreck. Why they decided to bank on a poorly done genre shift to save the franchise, I'll never know.

Honestly it feels like every game in the series had these sorts of really bad executive decisions. First game has no marketing as a late release on a console with poor sales, Park Patrol was a Walmart exclusive in the US, the third game never left Japan, and Photo Finder was an AR game on a console with a horribly grainy camera.

Just a lot of unfortunate decisions all around.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Honestly the biggest reason I think DK will emerge from hibernation is the fact the second gate on Nintendo Land is going to be DK themed. Doing a second gate on Zelda or Pokemon would honestly be a lay up, but instead of doing one of their other two biggest series they went with the great ape. Might mean nothing, but its at least something more concrete than rumors to go off of.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I DID see some people claim they're working on a Yooka-Laylee sequel (one that plays more like the original), but I couldn't find any sources for that. Given that they seem to be a bit on the smaller side, maybe they can't quite afford to work on multiple projects?
Nintendo should buy them up honestly. This would probably make old Rare employees considers working for Playtonic. It's maybe a bit too logical and makes a little too much sense, so it probably wouldn't happen.
Honestly the biggest reason I think DK will emerge from hibernation is the fact the second gate on Nintendo Land is going to be DK themed. Doing a second gate on Zelda or Pokemon would honestly be a lay up, but instead of doing one of their other two biggest series they went with the great ape. Might mean nothing, but its at least something more concrete than rumors to go off of.
As I said, DK's world translates easier to a theme park. All they need is a jungle layout, a minecart rollercoaster ride, maybe a merry go ride with the Animal Buddies , a barrel blast type of attraction, Funkys Flights, something like an attraction resembling the Arcade game avoiding barrels and stuff, and I dunno what else, but it's very easy to imagine , especially compared to Zelda and Pokemon. Also, DK is the biggest series related to Mario.

I'd like to believe it too, sure, I'd love a new DK game more than anyone else, but this wait is terrible and these rumors, while consistent with stuff that already did came out as Kirby and the Lost World, Metroid Dread and Fire Emblem Engage , it's just the ONE missing title every time and it's almost meme worthy at this point how it's one of the most anticipated games for just about every major announcement, but it's just never there. Might as well change my username to Cranky Kong once this new game releases, if it ever does before even my bones are turned to dust.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I just want to know how after multiple Excite games including Excite Bikes: World Rally, Excite Trucks, and Excitebots, Pilotwings Resort, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D,Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade 3D, Monster Games didn’t get scooped up by a Nintendo and instead let them make NASCAR games, get bought by iRacing, and then fade off into obscurity. What a waste of talent man.
I'll admit, I'm just spitballing, but going by Wikipedia they hadn't worked together since 2015. Maybe Nintendo didn't see them as a high priority?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, companies like Monster Games are the only ones I'm okay with Nintendo buying.

Companies that work frequently with Nintendo that are on the verge of financial ruin. Otherwise we get cases like Alpha Dream.

RIP Alpha Dream. Gone too soon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In total fairness here, I wouldn't blame anybody for the failure of Zip Lash specifically aside from Skip, Ltd. themselves. The game was an absolute trainwreck. Why they decided to bank on a poorly done genre shift to save the franchise, I'll never know.

Honestly it feels like every game in the series had these sorts of really bad executive decisions. First game has no marketing as a late release on a console with poor sales, Park Patrol was a Walmart exclusive in the US, the third game never left Japan, and Photo Finder was an AR game on a console with a horribly grainy camera.

Just a lot of unfortunate decisions all around.
well the wal mart thing is NOA’s fault not skip’s and the 3rd one not coming outside Japan was undoubtedly cause of how the previous two did, same with the new play control version. Let’s go photo being down load made it easier to take a risk on and from what I recall was very well received

Top Bottom