• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

RykZyk

Smash Rookie
Btw you guys whats your opinion on Porky (Pokey) for smash?
DO you want to see the bossfight again?
Porky outside his mech?
THe mother 2 Mech?
Old man Porky?
An assist trophy?

I think if porky is a boss again it should be either Mother 2 porky infront of the devilsmachine or mother 3 porky in the final cave
Just for that little canon spice!

The old zoo could still be a level tho (albeit with more direct beginnings reffrences!)
Hmm... I think he would a very interesting addition to Smash Bros, none of the less.
I would like to see how they would adapt him to make it work as a fighter, especially on size because he as a boss in Brawl was very big. But y'know, Ridley is there with no problem.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Porky outside his mech?
THe mother 2 Mech?
Old man Porky?
An assist trophy?

I think if porky is a boss again it should be either Mother 2 porky infront of the devilsmachine or mother 3 porky in the final cave

The old zoo could still be a level tho (albeit with more direct beginnings reffrences!)
Honestly if we got another Earthbound series character Porky wouldn't even be my preferred pick. I'd much rather get Duster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Porky outside his mech?
THe mother 2 Mech?
Old man Porky?
An assist trophy?

Honestly I don't ever see Earthbound getting more than Ness and Lucas. Maybe I could see Ninten as an echo but nothing else. I think new Earthbound content is only going to be stages and music. It's well represented when it comes to characters and items.

Porky himself is cool, but he always struck me as a character people support more for villain quotas than earnest support.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly if we got another Earthbound series character Porky wouldn't even be my preferred pick. I'd much rather get Duster.
I remember before Lucas was confirmed for Brawl, people wanted his father Flint in. Or both. And Claus of course, who is another extremely solid choice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember before Lucas was confirmed for Brawl, people wanted his father Flint in. Or both. And Claus of course, who is another extremely solid choice.
I remember people specifically asking for "Masked Man" so they didn't spoil the twist.

Granted I think everyone knows the twist now. The game is old enough to vote.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Porky outside his mech?
THe mother 2 Mech?
Old man Porky?
An assist trophy?

I don't think he's particularly likely as a fighter... but dang, his reappearance as a boss with Giygas as a second phase would've been slick.

And if he does become a fighter, it should be the EarthBound/Mother 2 mech

Top Bottom