• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Marx's "new" attack aren't new at all, but scrapped attacks for being too scary that only made it back now.
Ironic because he was saying that he had to tone down Marx for Smash...

Unless it was the other way around and I couldn't see that because the subtitles were warping into hyperspace.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Before release, there was the Grinch Leak. For FP1, we got Cacomallow. And now, for FP2, we have...
Uh...
Actually I don't think we have a really big "leak" this year, unless we count that 5chan leak (And even then nobody's buying it).

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Never say never my man. We gotta suffer until December 2021.:denzel:
Fair enough. I’m clinging onto the possibility of Microsoft getting a second character too, so might as well have a wee bit of hope for Sora as well lol
Not only did Sora dodge a bullet today, but you can also technically put 2B on that table too. Square just has so many options for characters between them and Capcom, if we do make it out of Pass 2 and get another Pass No.3 I wouldn't be surprised on seeing another Square or even a Capcom character. Those two alone just has so many great franchises and characters that would just fit really well with Smash.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd and Monster Hunter remain to be seen, what’s your opinion on mii costume upgrades at this point?

Personally I feel it’s a little less likely after the Geno de-confirmation, but being Smash you never know what to expect.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Crack theory: We aren't getting a Monster Hunter. Instead, the MH devs try to push hard for a Nergigante given that it's the face of MH World and because the MH devs think the monsters are more iconic than the hunters.

It sounds dumb but it makes sense when you consider what was stated from Capcom that one time they weren't keen on adding the Hunter to MVCI and only relented after some convincing. Capcom is weird sometimes

INB4 Nergigante too big

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I can only imagine what would happen if this guy got in.
View attachment 296129
Yuri would be so sick. I'd be hyped for pretty much any Tales rep, but Yuri is definitely one of my favorites.

Apparently in the Tales 25th anniversary celebration, they did a survey of Japanese fans' most played Tales games, favorite openings, etc., and Abyss beat out both Vesperia and Symphonia as their most played Tales game, which surprised me.

What are people's thoughts on Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss? In terms of likelihood, I still think a Tales rep would most likely be Lloyd or Yuri, but honestly Luke could be fun too. He could have long-haired and short-haired alts. (Maybe an Asch alt too?)

It'd be weird having Yuri Lowenthal as both Luke and Marth, although I guess that hasn't stopped David Vincent with Robin and Richter.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Since the board early December prediction was correct, and sakurai is back at his office

When do you think they going to reveal the next character?
Crackpot theory everyone has.
Capcom character - dante
Namco character - kosmos
Fire emblem Ellwood.

Fp2 complete.

Faso115

Smash Lord
That said, i'm feeling FP9 is gonna be first party. Probably a good time to reveal Rex since he is still in some weird limbo considering his Mii costume. Imagine him being the only one overcoming the Mii curse

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I think people are jumping the gun by saying that this definitely means Lloyd and Monster Hunter are out of the running now and are heading towards inevitable doom...

...Do you guys really think that Nintendo decided they can't be DLC because they had Mii costumes last game??

Either way I really don't think Monster Hunter is happening anyway, it would have been in the base game if it happened. Lloyd however, is still very much in contention and if he does become playable I expect his old Mii costume to come back with him.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not only did Sora dodge a bullet today, but you can also technically put 2B on that table too. Square just has so many options for characters between them and Capcom, if we do make it out of Pass 2 and get another Pass No.3 I wouldn't be surprised on seeing another Square or even a Capcom character. Those two alone just has so many great franchises and characters that would just fit really well with Smash.
The only issue with 2B is that CERO-kun is going to Bop Sakurai's head very hard the moment they see 2B's hum...Very big 2B's.
And with the way Sakurai didn't alter Mai's Design when she had more "conservatives" one.

I don't expect him to go through the fire loops of CERO for that sadly.
Smash is for good little boy and girlonly.

And trust me, I'd kill for Nier Automata's OST in smash

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crack theory: We aren't getting a Monster Hunter. Instead, the MH devs try to push hard for a Nergigante given that it's the face of MH World and because the MH devs think the monsters are more iconic than the hunters.

It sounds dumb but it makes sense when you consider what was stated from Capcom that one time they weren't keen on adding the Hunter to MVCI and only relented after some convincing. Capcom is weird sometimes

INB4 Nergigante too big
If Rathelos wasn't super long I'd say that it would be the biggest contender. It could definitely work in a traditional fighter, but in Smash, even scaled down I'd imagine it'd would have Mewtwo problems on steroids.

From a glance, it looks like a baby Nergigante would work, at least, better than a baby Rathelos, but I don't know if it would be the best representative for the series.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think all characters that are not mii costumes in the game are still potentially viable. Just because we have geno does not mean we will get them all.

Also, we can get the mii costume and still a character. I can totally see a monster hunter character and the mii costume return in the same pass.

Faso115

Smash Lord
If Rathelos wasn't super long I'd say that it would be the biggest contender. It could definitely work in a traditional fighter, but in Smash, even scaled down I'd imagine it'd would have Mewtwo problems on steroids.

From a glance, it looks like a baby Nergigante would work, at least, better than a baby Rathelos, but I don't know if it would be the best representative for the series.
With Rathalos being a boss AND assist trophy, that automatically disqualifies it in my book.

Nergigante has the added bonus on being the latest mascot mon plus being pushed hard by Capcom everywhere they can. If Madmanhiro Sakurai sees potential in that instead of the hunter, then i can guarantee he can find a way to make the monster a fighter. Hell it's gimmick could be being really big (a shame Ridley didn't get that claim)

Of course, this is super unlikely and probably designing the Hunters is much easier. Or my idea is sound and instead the mascot of Rise is chosen instead. Or they go for a different Capcom character. They have enough of those to pick from

ZelDan

Smash Master
Gotta say, while the new FFVII remixes are great, I'm listening to the AC version of "Those who Fight" for the first time and damn is this version a banger!

Feels nice to actually be excited about FF music in Smash (even if it's just for FFVII)

D

Deleted member

When do you think they going to reveal the next character?
The soonest I could see is February, but the likeliest is March. When they release CP9, it'll probably be 2 weeks after the reveal like how it's been recently.

That also makes me wonder if Nintendo will continue making monthly Partner Showcases throughout 2021 instead of bringing back Nintendo Directs with their own content in it. COVID is still prevalent to Nintendo as their latest Indie World had that release dates being subject to change PSA at the start, so we could be in for some drier periods again.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The only issue with 2B is that CERO-kun is going to Bop Sakurai's head very hard the moment they see 2B's hum...Very big 2B's.
And with the way Sakurai didn't alter Mai's Design when she had more "conservatives" one.

I don't expect him to go through the fire loops of CERO for that sadly.
Smash is for good little boy and girlonly.

And trust me, I'd kill for Nier Automata's OST in smash
Near as I can tell, 2B's adult traits are her boob window and her receding hemline. I'm not sure how accurate they'd want 2B, but I think they could fix the ratings issues without altering much by extending downward a bit (Bayonetta has sheer material on her booty so I think the lace would get through the censors just fine), and removing the thigh cut.

ok, the one big sephiroth question on my mind: why the **** is there math in supernova.
Maybe it's...

rocket science! Ba dum tss!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

INB4 Nergigante too big
I'm predicting were actually getting Palicos.

Plus factor in Sakurai's love for cats, he probably convinced Nintendo.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They gave us a december 2021 deadline. We have 12 months to fill. If we see another fighter in march, then the next will be july and December.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom