• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I do have to wonder how Dante would work. Would he have sword normals and gun specials or a mix of both in the normals and the most iconic other weapons as specials? For his Neutral Special, would he wield his guns and would he be able to cancel his attacks into them, or would he have extendo attacks like Bayonetta?
How I imagine it is that his Neutral Special changes depending on what stance he's in, and you change your stance with Down Special.

Royal Guard: A quick block that acts as an instant parry, but has tight timing
Swordmaster: Stinger/Million Stabs
Gunslinger: Cold Shower (ground)/Rain Storm (air)
Trickster: Sky Star (basically an air dash)

Powerman293

Smash Ace
You know the one thing I dislike about the Sephiroth Challenge?

We won't be able to do it with the last three characters. :drsad:

I hope the team takes a note from Splatoon and allows it to come back at some point. And here's hoping the last three bring stuff like that too, because it's cool as ****.
Yeah. They should at least make the Sephiroth challenge be in World Of Light somehow. Putting it there would be nice since it would be out of the main menu but not gone.

As a person who never played Tales, please tell me.

I really do love their purple hair.
I'm mostly implying that people would make comparisons to Sephiroth because of the katana and the long hair. But yeah, they wouldn't play alike at all. Yuri would probably be like a mashup of Sheik, Roy, and Terry if anything.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still didn't expect Sephiroth in a million years and after him, I truly don't have the slightest clue where the roster is gonna go from here.

To me, his inclusion only.makes sense in hindsight. I never couldve predicted him before his reveal, and if looks like almost everyone else was equally as surprised. The fact that he wasn't on a lot of people's radars and got barely any support are the telling points.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I do have to wonder how Dante would work. Would he have sword normals and gun specials or a mix of both in the normals and the most iconic other weapons as specials? For his Neutral Special, would he wield his guns and would he be able to cancel his attacks into them, or would he have extendo attacks like Bayonetta?
Weird, but my one request for Dante is that his Forward Smash must be that move where he uses his bike's front wheel as a buzzsaw.
Gives me Judas Priest vibes.
93f2d84f76294ddf8b6d3aa645a17dbc.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'm disappointed we finally get a playable katana user and his iaijutsu move is incredibly underwhelming, just the lame uncharged version of octaslash
What iaijustu move? His non-charged up b?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The Dante love brings a tear to my eye.

Give me my wacky wahoo pizza man Swordfighter.

He wouldn’t be anything like Sephiroth, though it kills me that other characters have Dante color palettes...even though I know they’re not actually Dante based.

I’m gonna try not to get my hopes up but MAN would this be a cool matchup...Sephiroth vs. Dante.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
We living in Bizzarro world now.

Sonic fans VS. Kirby fans VS. Zelda fans

Who would win in the self victimhood on pretending they have "bad" or "the short end of the stick" of Smash
When they have 90000 other things in the game

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So what will happen to Lloyd and Monster Hunter?
Their fans pray there's an exception to the returning Mii costumes. And that Smash stops only having two expensive reveals (Snake and Sonic, Mega Man and maybe Pac-Man, Ryu and Cloud, all those veterans and all that Castlevania content, Joker and Hero, Steve and Sephiroth) per dev cycle.

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I've played a bit of Sephiroth, and I enjoy his playstyle. A lot of my Byleth muscle memory translates over pretty well (mainly with fair, bair, and Flare -- nair is kind of similar too in terms of its hitbox, but I need to stop using it so early since Sephy's isn't multi-hit), and I like his mobility, especially in wing mode. The Sephiroth Challenge is also a cool idea that I wasn't expecting at all.

Lloyd managed to survive CP8, which I'm happy about, although it's very possible his Mii costume shows up in a future pack, given the pattern so far.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Speaking of, when Sakurai talked about Marx, I have to wonder if he was referencing this, still really unexplained scene from Kirby SuperStar:

View attachment 296117

This came yeaaaaaaaars before Marx Soul became a thing, but it pretty damn close to looking like it.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Marx's "new" attack aren't new at all, but scrapped attacks for being too scary that only made it back now.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
How I imagine it is that his Neutral Special changes depending on what stance he's in, and you change your stance with Down Special.

Royal Guard: A quick block that acts as an instant parry, but has tight timing
Swordmaster: Stinger/Million Stabs
Gunslinger: Cold Shower (ground)/Rain Storm (air)
Trickster: Sky Star (basically an air dash)
I feel like that would feel a bit more comfortable as a side special, especially with Sky Star an Stinger. I'd keep going "I want to go this way, so that must be the air dash move-AW FRICK WRONG THING."

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Saying Dante is like Sephiroth is like saying Monster Hunter is like Byleth.
Change my mind.
Actually, I think it's even worse. "Monster Hunter would be like Byleth" is focusing on the moveset, while "Dante would be like Sephiroth" is only focusing on aesthetics. I may think people are expecting too much out of big third parties, but even I still know Dante would be way more combo-focused for one.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I predict Sephiroth will be dropped today. Seems a little weird to make us wait like a week and distract us with Christmas when they could build up hype with an “Out Now!” Announcement.
Now that I am officially a master leaker. I predict that Smash Ultimate will be ported and get 300 more newcomers. Also, Sephiroth is sauce and I’m maining him.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Now, in my honest opinion, I believe the final three costumes are all in a very hard situation for inclusions. Capcom Miis have been randomly thrown into other batches that don't hold any relationship to the DLC characters, and the Namco ones have been half-random half-related. I expect the Hunters to pop up in whatever character they plan (would be better if they came with an actual Capcom character, but that wouldn't be likely), and for Lloyd, I can see him appear if another JRPG character comes, which I believe is very likely.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I do think it's cool that a challenger pack ends up changing existing content so much. Cloud getting a new Final Smash animation and music that can go on an older stage is neat. I mean it happened before musicwise but... you know, this time it's for a series that didn't have tons of content even before the DLC.

Kinda wish more costumes came with songs so they could be put onto old stages too. Like if the Team Rocket outfit came with the Team Rainbow Rocket battle music for all the Pokemon stages, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom