• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
And that Smash stops only having two expensive reveals (Snake and Sonic, Mega Man and maybe Pac-Man, Ryu and Cloud, all those veterans and all that Castlevania content, Joker and Hero, Steve and Sephiroth) per dev cycle.
It's very telling how you had to make a reach to prove a non-existent pattern. How come Castlevania was an "expensive reveal," but not Banjo and Terry, the latter which brought just as much content? Please don't push this as a fact to force people to stop talking about characters you hate for no reason.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Still can't believe Geno is Dead. Geno has been apart of every Ultimate Speculation Cycle, but now he dead. He was like the Speculation Mascot

RIP

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Holy **** bros I figured it out.

Sephiroth has white hair.

All patterns start somewhere.

This is Totally real.

Next three packs will have White Hair: Geralt, 2B, and Dante. It’s happening!!!11!!

I’m kidding. Challenger Pack 10 is Pepsiman. My uncle is a Pepsi delivery man and heard conversation around the Pepsi cooler.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
And now Direct happening lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How come Castlevania was an "expensive reveal," but not Banjo and Terry, the latter which brought just as much content?
SNK is SNK, and Banjo-Kazooie is a much smaller IP than Minecraft and barely came with any actual spirits that actually were Rare CG and not just the Smash team's imitations.
Please don't push this as a fact to force people to stop talking about characters you hate for no reason.
I don't hate these characters, I just think "realists" are too focused on what would be hype to them, as well as forgetting that they'd think ARMS and a second unique rep for a third-party series would never happen. Are they not forcing people to talk about bigger characters?

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
OMG!!!!!!!!!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This is for the theme park in Japan, though, so I don't think it'll pertain to anything game related.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Watching the Sephiroth presentation now, since I wasn't able to watch it live due to work. It's a shame that Geno's stuck as a Mii costume again (not even with a mask that resembles his face, or a song - it's almost literally the exact same costume that was in Smash 4), and that the rest of the Mii costumes only focus on Final Fantasy 7 (where's Vivi, or a Black Mage?) Sephiroth looks neat, though - he seems slower than I expected, but given his range, I'm guessing that's for balance reasons.

Hopefully, for the music and/or spirits, we get some content from Final Fantasy games other than FF7, though I doubt that'll be the case.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Watch Pepsiman finish off the definitely totally dude-trust-me coming echo pass as our only cross-series echo. You all are not ready! I can see it now, he offers Captain Falcon an ice-cold can of Pepsi (tm) and when he refuses, Pepsiman realizes what he must do... the mantle he must take, to provide the cast with the refreshments they so desperately need! DRINK!

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Wow a reveal so sooon? /s

Haven't they done specific directs before like a Monhun one for example?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Or anything even remotely related to non-Japanese audiences.
Well, Nintendo of America's doing one too anyway. I'd imagine the parks coming to Orlando and Hollywood wouldn't be too different from the Japanese one.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Maybe we should've been more specific about what kind of Direct we wanted...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, now that's a pleasant surprise. :)

They definitely need a Smash section of Nintendo Land.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
SNK is SNK, and Banjo-Kazooie is a much smaller IP than Minecraft and barely came with any actual spirits that actually were Rare CG and not just the Smash team's imitations.
SNK being SNK doesn't change the fact that Terry brought a ton of content comparable to Castlevania. I'd argue Konami doesn't care that much about Castlevania as well.
Are they not forcing people to talk about bigger characters?
No.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Well, Nintendo of America's doing one too anyway. I'd imagine the parks coming to Orlando and Hollywood wouldn't be too different from the Japanese one.

-Super Nintendo World is at Universal Studios
-E.T. has a ride at Universal Studios
E.T. confirmed for Smash???

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Rip Geno. It's really sad that he's gone, seeing as he was such a big fan request. But I guess it shows that not every big fan request is possible.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I can't believe after 5 whole years of speculation and waiting will end tomorrow. I CANNOT wait to see Mario Kart in action!!! aaaAAAAAAHHHH

(I've been a theme park junkie longer than I have a gaming junkie).
It's funny how when the theme park was first announced we were still in the middle of Smash 4 speculation. How time flies....

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yes, they are. Just because you like to talk about the characters that the "anyone can happen, but only these particular characters can" crowd accepts doesn't mean speculation hasn't devolved into narrow-minded Crash fanboyism.
On one hand I see where you're coming from in many respects... on the other hand - people just like Crash. He's so discussed because people like him. I'm not crazy for him but he certainly seems quite likely - and it's not like we have the hindsight of tomorrow on our side.
Nobody's out to get ya, it's okay.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
this meme is literally the only thing i can think about when i see the math
View attachment 296151
All I can think of is that line of dialogue from Madworld which I can't say because it's Madworld!

Time stamp 2:27

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yes, they are. Just because you like to talk about the characters that the "anyone can happen, but only these particular characters can" crowd accepts doesn't mean speculation hasn't devolved into narrow-minded Crash fanboyism.
If you knew the answer then why did you ask the question?

Anyway, nobody's really even talking about Crash right now. And yeah, there are a handful of characters that the majority doesn't really see happening, but we're not overly centralized on a single few characters either. There are a few that get brought up often, but it's mostly because people genuinely like them, and smaller characters get talked about too. There may only be one or two people overly invested in the smaller characters, but that's because their appeal is smaller, and while not everyone has a high opinion of their chances (depending on who it is), they aren't completely shut down either.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nobody's out to get ya, it's okay.
Yes, you're right. I should be the change I wish to see, instead of constanly telling people "dude, they can't all be huge icons, nintendo has to spend money on other things, lower your expectations".

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wonder if they'll announce a Mario Café rep in the Direct.

I mean, I would've preferred another Kirby Café rep, but we all know how much they'll want to promote this.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yes, you're right. I should be the change I wish to see, instead of constanly telling people "dude, they can't all be huge icons, nintendo has to spend money on other things, lower your expectations".
They can't all be huge icons. They won't, haven't, and shouldn't. But having huge icons is pretty important to Smash's identity. It's not something to oppose on principle.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I look forward to the chat being full of people expecting a Smash reveal.
I wonder if they'll announce a Mario Café rep in the Direct.

I mean, I would've preferred another Kirby Café rep, but we all know how much they'll want to promote this.
Super Nintendo World to open spring 2021 at Universal Studios Japan

Nintendo World food items now confirmed to be item DLC.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
feeling like we're gonna hunt some monsters in smash bros
Feeling like we're getting another Capcom character at least.

bruh I can't believe they wasted no time and went straight to the Mii Costume lineup at the start. I was in the shower and
...are you really a Smash fan?

WOW GUYS WASN'T SEPHIROTH CRAZY
Well now that's over with let's start speculation about FP9 :^)
Arthur's next! He's got a new game in Feb and MH costumes to go with him!

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Just from the standpoint of preparing software updates and pushing them, having 10.0.0 be a two-parter like this is... really weird. But I can admire the dedication to presenting Sephiroth's introduction to Smash as a hostile takeover. Seems like Cloud's new Final Smash, the Mii outfits, and the balance will be coming on the proper release date; for anyone curious, the content on that front isn't just being withheld, it's not in the game data yet.

I wonder, will any future DLC fighters be rolled out in a similar manner? I feel this is probably a one-off thing, myself.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Guy in a Mario Mascot Costume confirmed for smash! :mask:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom