• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I'm pleased with Sephiroth he looks amazing and the visuals are incredible. The extra Fight Sephiroth mode is so cool too. I'm not a Final Fantasy fan by any means but they went all out on this Fighter Pass.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Beat Sephiroth and got him, his stage, and music, but the DLC spirit boards still end at Minecraft. What's up with that? How were some people able to access FFVII's spirit board?

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Nice that Sephiroth has remedied the FF7 representation. I have to begin my playthrough of tht game asap.

I'm not gonna pretend to feel sad about Geno, was never on that train personlly, but I might've just witnessed the biggest L a supportbase took in Smash history. The preMiium costume was supposed to be the compromise and they couldn't even get that. Can't imagine being them right now.

Atleast Hollow Knight lives another day in my case.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sephiroth has three victory poses that are all set against the burning Nibelheim background.

The first one is the one we saw in the presentation, the second one has him slashing the Masamune and posing with his black wing, and the third is this shot from the trailer.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Sephiroth's wing seems to work like how I'd make Kazuya's devil form: auto activates after like 90% damage and makes him better at recovering, except he doesn't shoot laser.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  • bruh why is the livestream age restricted
  • Miis right at the beginning? Guess they just wanted to get it over with.
  • Big Genoof. Big, big, BIG Genoof. No song, no upgrade, not even a passing acknowledgement. That's gotta sting.
  • That's an interesting OWA gimmick. It's pretty interesting; Instead of a copy-paste of the original game's mechanics with some streamlining, it's a unique little tidbit that doesn't overturn the entire game. It's kinda nice after the two game-changers of Steve and Min Min.
  • Sakurai you madlad what is that range
  • Sakurai why were you going over the frame data now
  • Oh phew, he doesn't have a giant buzzsaw neutral aerial. We can rest easy.
  • OH GOD THAT EDGEGUARDING IS DISGUSTING
  • The Megaflare/Gigaflare combos scare me
  • Scintilla looks pretty cool. Glad to see the few counters that have been implemented in this game try to be unique instead of just being "no u."
  • With every passing DLC it feels like the line between alt and Echo Fighter is blurred further and further
  • Oh hey an actual music selection. Noice.
  • Sakurai just straight-up spoiled the climax of FF7 didn't he
  • I'd have preferred a full-fledged boss rush mode, but I'll take it.
  • H E L L S G A T E
  • Has Sakurai always laughed this much? It feels like he's laughing a bit more than usual.
  • Sephiroth Challenge. Hope it'll be popular enough to stick around after Sephiroth releases.
  • He's got the fire victory screen boys
All in all, I'm pretty excited.

SKX31

Smash Master
Damn, I was a 1 / 10 second slower on my second Very Hard run (having unlocked him via Normal first):

share_-753058121.jpg

But then again, I cheesed him and got the Climbhazzard off stage spike on him.

It's the perfect way to end Sephiroth's life IMHO.

Sephiroth's wing seems to work like how I'd make Kazuya's devil form: auto activates after like 90% damage and makes him better at recovering, except he doesn't shoot laser.
I do think it's a smart idea to make the Wing activate later if Sephiroth's a stock or two ahead, and earlier when behind. Hopefully Joker gets similar treatment so it isn't as prone to snowballing.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

Lloyd wasn’t in Sephiroth’s pack

the 5ch leak said no Smash 4 costumes would be promoted to playable and Geno got Genoof’d again

AW YEAH. KOS-MOS FP9 TIME, *****.

And yes I did just bring Neku back into my predictions. After all Sephiroth spared him from the Mii massacre and 2B too. No Spirits or music either

Neku is E T E R N A L and I will die on this hill

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Been playing a few games as and against Sephiroth.
And I'm glad he's largely gimmickless.
Don't get me wrong, I love Min Min and Steve's unique gimmicky playstyles, but I'm glad we get normies like Banjo and Sephiroth too.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Imagine the speculation scene if one leaker said they have some info on a fighter that has "Hell Gate" as an attack. I wonder who would have been the character speculated about

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey so

Lloyd wasn’t in Sephiroth’s pack

the 5ch leak said no Smash 4 costumes would be promoted to playable and Geno got Genoof’d again

AW YEAH. KOS-MOS FP9 TIME, *****.

And yes I did just bring Neku back into my predictions. After all Sephiroth spared him from the Mii massacre and 2B too. No Spirits or music either

Neku is E T E R N A L and I will die on this hill
Wait, are you talking about the 5chan leak that also had Reimu?

Does this mean we're getting U.N. Owen was Her and/or Bad Apple? 🤔

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I am pretty sad Geno didn't get in, he was one of my top choices, but it's no big deal. I'm thrilled to see how happy Sephiroth has made everyone, he looks so sick. I'm gonna unlock him later tonight.

Geno, you may get your chance another day, or never. Sit in the corner with Mother 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom