• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, are you talking about the 5chan leak that also had Reimu?

Does this mean we're getting U.N. Owen was Her and/or Bad Apple? 🤔
the former yes

the latter... not sure. That’s a fan song with fan vocals and... idk about licensing that

would be sick tho

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
the former yes

the latter... not sure. That’s a fan song with fan vocals and... idk about licensing that

would be sick tho
Bad Apple is actually from one of the official games, although the one with lyrics is fanmade, yeah. Would still like the original version though, even if it's somewhat different.

But, I'd be content with U.N. Owen was Her :>

It's all incredibly flimsy and predicated on the "prediction" of an extremely popular character, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Oh, yeah, it's still a "leak" that's likely fake.

I just like the possibility :p

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I can handle losing Geno.
But Lord, please don't take my Bandicoot away.
Thou hast giveth me my bear and bird. Please do not taketh away my Bandicoot.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Damn, been playing the new consoles too much recently too that point I am kinda rusty. Came close to beating him a couple times on very hard, but settled on normal where I beat him with ease. Oh well at least its still there and got a week left to beat him on very hard.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I got Sephiroth but the spirit board doesn't appear? I might have to exit the game and start it again.

aerith's theme tho
THIS. Oh my god what a remix. I legit felt emotional while listening the remix.

Cosmo Canyon remix made by Yoko Shimomura, Opening Bombing Mission remix made by Yuzo Koshiro, Aerith's Theme remix made by Keiichi Okabe, FFVII Main Theme remix made by Motoi Sakuraba... what a lineup of fantastic musicians to remix FFVII's soundtrack.

Sephiroth's very fun. As a FF fan I'm really really happy.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It is a bit disappointing to see how many people are mocking Geno fans and laughing he was deconfirmed (not on this site). Regardless of your stance on Geno fans, nobody would like that if it was their most wanted. I get a lot of people are either indifferent or didn't want Geno, but at least have some respect.

SKX31

Smash Master
Ok so, the FF DLC spirit board isn’t showing up for me. Is it showing up for anyone else? I’ve already unlocked Sephiroth.
I got Sephiroth but the spirit board doesn't appear? I might have to exit the game and start it again.
I'm guessing the Spirit Board arrives alongside the patch (with character changes) on the 22nd.

From 3 minutes to 32 minutes, that certainly puts a smile on my face. 🙂

View attachment 296080

View attachment 296081
Hey, they managed to get 4 remixes and stuff from AC to spice things out.

It took a while, but I'm a happy camper.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Wait, if they used Beware of the Forest Mushrooms when showing off Geno's costume, how come it can't be added to the game?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can handle losing Geno.
But Lord, please don't take my Bandicoot away.
Thou hast giveth me my bear and bird. Please do not taketh away my Bandicoot.
While no character is safe, I feel really good about Crash Bandicoot's chances, It's usually smaller IP's and secondary/minor characters that get killed off.

Chances are the bigger the character/icon the more "Likelier" they are to make it in Smash as themselves.

Plus I doubt Nintendo would go through all that trouble with Activision to get Crash Bandicoot as Mii costume.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Jokes on you, I beat Very Hard first try!
I lost first try 'cuz edge denial is very strong against Incineroar.

Then he died to a raw Cross Chop on my second try...

Considering this was a stamina battle it would not surprise me if Sephiroth is a featherweight.

EDIT: Also that was the third raw Cross Chop he ran into, so...yeah, he ain't all that smart. Either that or I just found an exploit in the AI.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
This sort of exemplifies the detrimental "in until proven out" logic.

I mean, can't take away what isn't even there.
My hopes and dreams are there, and they can be taken away.
In all honesty, I love Volume 2 so far. Crash is just my #1 since Banjo got in.
Then I will move on to Spyro.

MMXZero

Smash Rookie
Now that Geno is out I feel like we can cross Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving off the list as well. Considering how the Mii costumes were all from a single series/publisher I feel like the MH costumes will come with a big Capcom character.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I already bought the Fighters Pass, but I'm fine with not getting Sephiroth early.

Also, I do have respect for the Geno fans, and sorry that he didn't make it in Geno fans far and wide, but just for fun, here's my reaction to Geno being dead for Smash:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom