• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I'm using him for online. I'm so happy with this character.

He's speedy so I got what I wanted.

I've always been indifferent to Geno in general, but isn't that he's a Mii Costume an acknowledgement of sorts from Nintendo? It's better than nothing right?

So many characters will never even be a costume, let alone a character, so it's good in a way?
This is a fine take. I agree with it.

The only thing is some people will be a bit beat up over it for a while. So just let the healing begin lol. :( SMRPG is still a great game and plenty of people can go enjoy it on the SNES classic! There are also tons of awesome hacked versions that are fun as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing I forgot in the middle of all of this is Sephiroth's wave straight up murdered Cacomallow.
I think the more apt metaphor is Sephiroth just putting the final nail in that coffin.

I mean going by how Mii Costumes work, Monster Hunter is likely deconfirmed now. I think Dante is the frontrunner still. Other potential reps with large chances would be Phoenix Wright, Chun-Li and Arthur. I don't think they'd go for Amaterasu or Morrigan.
Patterns are only patters until they're not.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
View attachment 296082
playstation all stars battle royale 2 looking kind of lit. nintendo better watch out.
listen

smash will NEVER live up to the premise of a hypothetical psasbr2 until they add the man, the myth, the legend, the absolute gaming icon, ROBBIT FROM JUMPING FLASH
Namnl3Fst-7_kopiera.png

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Patterns are only patterns until they're not.
You're not wrong. Remember how people didn't think they'd be a second rep for third parties that weren't echoes? Monster Hunter still does have a small shot IMO, but I know there's going to be some saying "Mii Costumes mean nothing" and others arguing that "Monster Hunter is deconfirmed, the Capcom rep will be Dante/Phoenix Wright". We just wait until March I guess.
Gendo_Ikari_by_Darthval.jpg

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So...what was that about Square-Enix being stingy now that Sakurai explained the deal with the Music?
Which is what a lot of us have been saying for a while now tbh..
Wait, if they used Beware of the Forest Mushrooms when showing off Geno's costume, how come it can't be added to the game?
It was only licensed for a trailer, that's all..licensing works differently for different things.
My hopes and dreams are there, and they can be taken away.
In all honesty, I love Volume 2 so far. Crash is just my #1 since Banjo got in.
Then I will move on to Spyro.
Crash is somewhat likely due to Japanese popularity..though he may end up as the Japanese version of Crash if he gets in..
maxresdefault (5).jpg

Spyro, however, is not very likely..due to terrible decisions made that altered the games, Spyro is not popular in Japan at all..I think a character has to at least be a little popular in Japan to make it in, personally..

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sakurai saying sephiroth is the most recognizable video game villain behind bowser and his all whole focus being the "boss guy vs other bosses" honestly killed eggman chances.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Ignoring literally everything else, this really is the most important thing.

That leak is finally dead and buried, but on the other hand, I have to applaud whoever pulled it off.
Yeah, it probably edges out the Grinch Leak in terms of being the best fake Smash leak due to how long it lasted even if it was just an image and video. Unlike the Geinch stuff which had a ton of stuff that happen to look like it was supporting it.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it probably edges out the Grinch Leak in terms of being the best fake Smash leak due to how long it lasted even if it was just an image and video. Unlike the Geinch stuff which had a ton of stuff that happen to look like it was supporting it.
....Nah, honestly no.

Grinch had the element of surprise at the very least, and more people than not actually believed it.

Cacomallow had 'some' people believe it, but by now, I'd say hardly anyone gave it the time of day outside of Doom/SMRPG fans.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Sakurai saying sephiroth is the most recognizable video game villain behind bowser and his all whole focus being the "boss guy vs other bosses" honestly killed eggman chances.
I wonder is Sephiroth is truly the bigger icon than Eggman in the grand scheme of things.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
sigh They monkey's pawed my wish for a Boss Rush...

Anyway, costumes are great, songs are great-ish(no Chocobo, Prelude or Main FF Theme?).

I honestly love how hard they leaned into how legendary a boss Sephiroth is.
Not hard enough to make Safer Sephiroth an actual boss fight though...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Eggman is getting in but his classic mode could easily just be fighting different animals or something like that, and it would work for the character.

At this point the coffin might as well be 75% nails
Yeah most of the fanbase was content to disregard it pretty much a literal year ago.

I wonder is Sephiroth is truly the bigger icon than Eggman in the grand scheme of things.
I mean Sakurai also put Sephiroth ahead of Ganon/dorf, which I think is pretty debatable.

7NATOR

Smash Master
youre joking right
Well it was just Kneejerk Reaction

As someone said, They Probably would not name Shadow's Codename edge. It probably would either be "Ultimate" or something that deals with reflection or Mirror Image.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
or maybe he just thinks sephiroth > bowser :nifty: you ever consider that option

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly, it's a sensible weakness to have when Sephiroth's so explosive he can follow up Gigaflare (assuming it connects of course) with either Grab or a Smash Attack.
It's so funny to me that this was highlighted. In what circumstances would you ever need to follow up Gigaflare with anything?

Well, you do get style points I guess...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Managed to beat Very Hard Sephiroth with Banjo & Kazooie. It was a tough fight but I managed to beat him by giving him 2 risky forward airs in a row to get him out of the stage as far as possible and then letting him hit me with octoslash before he went down.

What even is this game? I never thought I'd ever see Banjo & Kazooie actually fight Sephiroth, let alone see them officially react to his reveal.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
sephiroth is fun to play

but hes slow as ****

waiting on patch notes currently if theyre not already out
Yeah he definitely takes some getting used to. He's got considerable startup and end lag like I thought before he released but... at least his general movement speed isn't too bad.

D

Deleted member

Ok guys I'm not too much of a conspiracy theorist and this is about a week late, but with Hero and BK appearing on Seph's trailer, maybe, just maybe, Sephiroth was meant to be revealed at this year's E3 had it not been for COVID.

Of course I get it. The possibility of Steve and Sephiroth being revealed at E3 at the same time would've meant DLC progressed way faster than expected because we'd be on the halfway point of Vol 2 within a couple of months which wouldn't have made any sense for the December 2021 deadline, and it's also more logical to believe the trailer was made after Summer. I just wanted to give it a thought cause what if man.

Yeah he definitely takes some getting used to. He's got considerable startup and end lag like I thought before he released but... at least his general movement speed isn't too bad.
The hardest part for me is that he has a really tiny short hop, which is really weird when combined with his slow aerials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom