• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that Geno is out I feel like we can cross Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving off the list as well. Considering how the Mii costumes were all from a single series/publisher I feel like the MH costumes will come with a big Capcom character.
Monster Hunter Mii will be coming with Palicos. Calling it now. Sakurai is definitely gonna surprise us.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
TIL you can just buy the spirits from character packs you don't own.

Went into the vault shop and walked away with three new Minecraft spirits.

That seems a bit weird since I thought it was all paywalled content. But not complaining.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Now that Geno is out I feel like we can cross Monster Hunter and Lloyd Irving off the list as well. Considering how the Mii costumes were all from a single series/publisher I feel like the MH costumes will come with a big Capcom character.
Well, this wasn't the case for Banjo and Kazooie, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve, Terry too, but his costumes exclusively focused on characters from fighting games.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, this wasn't the case for Banjo and Kazooie, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve, Terry too, but his costumes exclusively focused on characters from fighting games.
Also correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t the Mega Man costumes split between two waves?

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if nothing else, the Monster Hunter costumes will show up in March, right around the time that CP9 drops.

They could be upgrades, they could not be, but dropping the costumes the same month as the BIG NEW EXCLUSIVE Switch title seems logical.

toonito

Smash Ace
Sephiroth's so dope

I wish Cloud's classic mode boss could get changed to Sephiroth but getting to battle him as Cloud on Northern Cave will do

At the very least I wish the bosses from the roster's home series could appear as Classic Mode bosses. M. Bison, Geese, Dr. Wily, Eggman, Black Shadow, Kamek etc.

Geno's out

MH and Lloyd remain. could come with a Capcom or Namco character or get bundled randomly with the last characters regardless of company.

Last edited:

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
So this whole thing about copyright holders has made me realize Destiny content would really be super easy to get, as Bungie is the sole owner of everything Destiny related worldwide, so it'd be super easy fro Nintendo to get a mii costume.

However, don't know if Crash will be able to join now, his stuff is shared across multiple holders.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So have any balance changes been made or do we have to wait for the 23rd for those?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Really happy with all of this, but man...

I just really want a proper Boss Rush. Or adding a Quick Rematch on their Spirits, that works too.
I mean, there's a Boss Rush in World of Light.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
W E L P.
Geno's a Mii costume, as felt obvious. I'm surprised he's just the old Smash For one though. Bah, I say. At least the Genomania is finally over.
Also, is Sakurai watching me? My mod hath been stolen! I kid, I kid. I'm sure it's a coincidence.
I like how they're releasing him, too. It's... bizarre but in a cool way. Love seeing the red carpet treatment he's been given. And lastly... the victory screen looks real, real nice. Yeah, well... I've got some things to do. Such as set up mods for the new version - a hassle every time there's a major update - and of course, play as Sephiroth. Wanted to pop in and pop off juuuust a little bit, yeah?
I shall await you in the crucible of souls.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, who's ready for the Capcom wars to start again?

CP9 in March seems likely

2 missing Monster Hunter costumes

Rise comes out at the end of March

Is it time to make like America and start another war?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Is it just me, or is Megaflare better than Gigaflare?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

And Palicos is our fighter. I'm betting on it.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Wow, I thought "Let the Battle Begin" was the FF7 main theme. The actual main theme is really nice.

Maybe I should give FF7 another try.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I prefer Dante, but I think the stars are aligning for Monster Hunter.
This is basically the "too many swordfighters" argument, but I feel that Dante is a little too similar to Sephiroth. I would say the same about Alucard from Castlevania.
It's almost like the Doom Slayer vs. Master Chief debacle.

SKX31

Smash Master
I lost first try 'cuz edge denial is very strong against Incineroar.

Then he died to a raw Cross Chop on my second try...

Considering this was a stamina battle it would not surprise me if Sephiroth is a featherweight.

EDIT: Also that was the third raw Cross Chop he ran into, so...yeah, he ain't all that smart. Either that or I just found an exploit in the AI.
He apparently died to a fully charged Cloud F Smash at 42 % on the Presentation. Hold on, lemme lab:

He apparently dies to an uncharged Cloud F Smash at 75 %, from the middle of normal Battlefield.

Tested the same F Smash on Kirby on the same spot. Kirby dies at the same %.

Apparently :ultsephiroth: is in the same weight class as :ultpikachu: , :ultkirby: and :ultolimar:. Huh.

Yes, feather / lightweight.

Why would Sephiroth, with all these abs, be so light? Are these muscles fake or something?

Seriously, how much does this guy weigh?
Serious answer:

If he wasn't light he'd be very difficult to KO early and possibly able to survive to Winged form much more consistently.

Honestly, it's a sensible weakness to have when Sephiroth's so explosive he can follow up Gigaflare (assuming it connects of course) with either Grab or a Smash Attack.

Count me in for that insanity.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'm using him for online. I'm so happy with this character.

He's speedy so I got what I wanted.

I've always been indifferent to Geno in general, but isn't that he's a Mii Costume an acknowledgement of sorts from Nintendo? It's better than nothing right?

So many characters will never even be a costume, let alone a character, so it's good in a way?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
sephiroth is fun to play

but hes slow as ****

waiting on patch notes currently if theyre not already out

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I mean going by how Mii Costumes work, Monster Hunter is likely deconfirmed now. I think Dante is the frontrunner still. Other potential reps with large chances would be Phoenix Wright, Chun-Li and Arthur. I don't think they'd go for Amaterasu or Morrigan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom