• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Isn't that specifically the Hero from Dragon Quest 1? Who isn't playable in Smash(we have a Mii costume based upon the armor). Erdrick isn't there... which to be fair, would make that accurate.

I mean, just saying.

Hero is missed, but not the one in the picture. XD I'm actually surprised it didn't have Erdrick on that picture, honestly. And this is coming from the girl who wanted the DQ1 Hero playable if we got Hero instead of Slime.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Since We've been getting Premium Costume every Pack since Banjo's, who are your 4 Premium Costume Predictions?

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
...You do realize the bottom row has two FE reps, right? We're gonna be fricked over by the Fire Emblem either way.
I'm banking on the inclusion of Gex mitigating backlash for a single FE rep. If we get two the backlash would be like an all nighter at Richard Simmons' house and other funny Lizard quotes you can tell your friends.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Spend all 15 for the bottom row to maximize reward and as our one straggler leave an FE rep to avoid a community wide heart attack
No.

Hector
Celica
Ayumi
Rhythm Joe
Rex & Pyra
Decidueye
Lloyd

These choices would get me murdered, but it'd be worth it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thinking about it, Vault Boy is the only Deluxe costume to not come with anything unique other than being a good costume. I wish it had music or something otherwise cool. Like unique sound effects.

Bomberman is by far my favorite one. The lack of music is too bad, but I love the alternate colors.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y’all make sure to keep an eye out for things that might be considered bait, don’t respond to it, just report it.

On another subject, a while back I saw that someone said that they considered Sora and Geno both more likely than Lara Croft. Why? I think people overestimate the Smash Fandoms echo chamber. If a globally known character like Lara is up for grabs with the presence that she has, a presence that is just as present in films why would they pass that up? So that begs the question, is Geno and Sora really more likely than Lara?

Last edited:

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
No.

Hector
Celica
Ayumi
Rhythm Joe
Rex & Pyra
Decidueye
Lloyd

I fully respect it, I'm personally just trying to live long enough to see Pheonix Wright in Smash before the fans string me up.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I fully respect it, I'm personally just trying to live long enough to see Pheonix Wright in Smash before the fans string me up.
Phoenix Wright is one my Top 5 most wanted characters. I definitely want him in. Only reason I didn't choose him is because he wasn't an option in that image.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y’all make sure to keep an eye out for things that might be considered bait, don’t respond to it, just report it.

On another subject, a while back I saw that someone said that they considered Sora and Geno both more likely than Lara Croft. Why? I think people overestimate the Smash Fandoms echo chamber. If a globally known character like Lara is up for grabs with the presence that she has, a presence that is just as present in films why would they pass that up? So that begs the question, is Geno and Sora really more likely than Lara?
People are straight up sleeping on Lara's chances IMO. I wouldn't be all that surprised if she made it in, she's a western rep that has the benefit of being owned by a Japanese company, making negotiations a looooot easier than others.

She's probably in my top 3 most wanted SE reps. Haven't even played a Tomb Raider, but her legacy along with her being a big request from my brother would make her super cool.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No.

Hector
Celica
Ayumi
Rhythm Joe
Rex & Pyra
Decidueye
Lloyd

Octoling
Elma
bandanna dee

nobody else I want so I’m not spending any more

yeah I quoted the wrong post and I’m too lazy to fix it at this point
Since We've been getting Premium Costume every Pack since Banjo's, who are your 4 Premium Costume Predictions?
Hollow Knight
Ori
Monokuma
Gunvolt

if only cause I want certain music with em

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Lara's in that awkward spot where she's absolutely monumental to gaming as a whole

But like, basically no one in the Smash community talks about her, lol.
That's because she's owned by Square Enix and pretty much every Square Enix character in existence gets overshadowed by Sora and Geno in the Smash echo chambers, no matter how relevant, popular or iconic they are.

Heck, Hero was also a very monumental character, since Dragon Quest revolutionized RPGs as a whole... but no one here talked about him until the "brave" datamine that happened some time around Ultimate's launch.

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Lara's in that awkward spot where she's absolutely monumental to gaming as a whole

But like, basically no one in the Smash community talks about her, lol.
She's a woman that's not a waifu, so no one really loves her.
She is a gun wielder like, ZSS, Joker and Bayo but she unlike the other 3, she is just that and nothing more, so thematically she is very boring.
In addition her series is waaay pass its prime and isn't popular anymore, I think a lot of tat be blamed on a long span of poor quality games.
I honestly wouldn't mind her as that low key/banjo-esque rep of the pass but she is technically a square-enix character now and there are more exciting choices to choose from.

That's because she's owned by Square Enix and pretty much every Square Enix character in existence gets overshadowed by Sora and Geno in the Smash echo chambers, no matter how relevant, popular or iconic they are.

Heck, Hero was also a very monumental character, since Dragon Quest revolutionized RPGs as a whole... but no one here talked about him until the "brave" datamine that happened some time around Ultimate's launch.
People in Japan were always talking about Dragon Quest, its just America that didn't think of the DQ in smash because the game has never really been popular over here.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If anyone wants to talk about her, her support thread could use some activity.

She also has a twitter support page.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I personally didn't think Hero was coming because people would make the Dragon ball connection

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
People in Japan were always talking about Dragon Quest, its just America that didn't think of the DQ in smash because the game has never really been popular over here.
And most Smash speculators in the Internet aren't from Japan, so my point very much still stands.

Of course Japanese people would talk about DQ in Smash. That franchise is a cultural phenomenom over there.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

And first reactions to him that weren't to the RNG, were "yuck, animuh swordie" or "we don't need some dbz ripoffs"
What?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I know you probably don't care as much about gameplay stuff as I do, however:

Lucina wants to be in your face constantly and push buttons with impunity - her greatest strength is that she has Marth's range while not having to worry about Ultimate's lack of microspacing options. She has no reason to play defensive either either, since she is kind of vurnerable with her defensive game in turn. While Lucina thrives off of comboing (kinda unlike Marth), she also has a great advantage when the opponent's knocked back.

Yuri is not exactly this. Not only would he not share Marcina's attacks at all, he'd have much less emphasis on pure knockback (though his shoulder / elbow bashes and wolf-related attacks could accomplish this) and more on racking up damage. In particular, Yuri punches a lot; which is atypical for a swordie. Yuri would also come equipped with a couple keepaway options and a number of ways to extend the openings he gets.

Devil May Cry pro donguri did a long Tales of combo movie (he's done Vesperia and Beseria separately too.):

Honestly, a part of me wants Ludger in for gameplay reasons alone. Obviously, he's not getting in, but I'd love a character that could switch between dual guns, dual reverse-grip swords, and sledgehammer.

If we were to get a Tales character, it'd most likely be Lloyd, Yuri, or Velvet, and I'd be fine with that. But my favorite will always be Xillia.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Clearly you haven't seen enough PS1 advertising from the late 90's-Early 00's :4pacman:

I'm not going to post any pictures but there are several ads where the main focus is "Lara Croft Naked how cool XD" so someone somewhere clearly thinks otherwise.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And yet she got several ads based on her sex appeal, a good chunk of movies, a reboot franchise of games that did fairly well and is arguably one of the most cosplayed gaming characters of all time.

That's pretty impressive for someone who, according to your opinion, shouldn't be considered a waifu, don't you think?

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm not gonna respond to everyone, but being sexy and being a waifu is not the same thing., IE no one wants to marry her. Moreover at the height of her popularity, graphics were so bad that sex appealed hardly mattered.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Star Wars Visible Confusion GIF - StarWars VisibleConfusion Confused -  Discover & Share GIFs

Isn't she, like, one of the most famous sex symbols of all time for gaming? Like literally the Wonder Woman of video games alongside Samus?

She is a gun wielder like, ZSS, Joker and Bayo but she unlike the other 3, she is just that and nothing more, so thematically she is very boring.
She also has bows and arrows, grappling hooks, explosives, superhuman physical abilities, extensive training in martial arts, and more. Like, literally even the smallest amount of research shows she's far more than just a simple gun user.

In addition her series is waaay pass its prime and isn't popular anymore, I think a lot of tat be blamed on a long span of poor quality games.
She literally had a game release in 2018 that sold more than 4 million copies, which is a heck of a lot better than a lot of the franchises in Smash, even among 3rd Parties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom