• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

So the guy that I think is said to have connections at Disney, went into more detail of Sora not being in. That Nintendo wanted Sora in Volume 2 but Disney unsurprisingly were being ***es.
I wish this isn't true, but if that person does have reliable sources, and connections to Disney than I won't dare delude myself.

Doesn't make it any less sad though...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Considering how many times we've gotten fake rumors involving Crash, I think it's only naturally to question a random post on Twitter that can essentially be summed up with, "Hey, notable YouTuber! I've heard rumors involving Crash. Could they be true!?!?"

Next this person will claim Geno is being brought up by Nintendo higher-ups. They'll have no way to prove this, but it's okay because everyone wants Geno, so it must be true.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I wish this isn't true, but if that person does have reliable sources, and connections to Disney than I won't dare delude myself.

Doesn't make it any less sad though...
He's just a dataminer, not a real insider. And if it makes you feel better, remember another "leaker" insisted Vergeben didn't know jack about the DLC. Cue a few months later and Hero happened. So no, they're not infallible.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Considering how many times we've gotten fake rumors involving Crash, I think it's only naturally to question a random post on Twitter that can essentially be summed up with, "Hey, notable YouTuber! I've heard rumors involving Crash. Could they be true!?!?"

Next this person will claim Geno is being brought up by Nintendo higher-ups. They'll have no way to prove this, but it's okay because everyone wants Geno, so it must be true.
with ppl theorizing that Hayabusa is leak bait, I low key wouldn't be surprised if Crash was too

SKX31

Smash Master
Fake. Photoshopped Little Mac is obviously gonna be Legend.
Plot twist: Photoshopped Little Mac is in fact Paper-Will.

A.k.a. The Little Mac raised by Jigglypuffs / the Legendary Air Mac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ieja5o
:4pacman:

with ppl theorizing that Hayabusa is leak bait, I low key wouldn't be surprised if Crash was too
And it doesn't really take much to be legitimate leakbait.

Star Fox Grand Prix sounds really bloody silly on the surface, but it involves A) An IP's that's been relatively stagnant for the past decade, and B) something relatively unique that Nintendo would do. And when people want to believe something is true, well... something like that can easily gain traction.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Does leak bait even exist in Smash at all? Pretty sure not. Every big Smash leak known never threw false info around. Not the Gematsu one, not the ESRB leak, and not the 4chan post with all of Ultimate E3's presentation.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It seems Sora might be too expensive that Nintendo is not willing to Pay (I Don't know if that's because of Sora himself, or because of all the OG Disney References in Kingdom Hearts, like Mickey, Donald, Goofy)

Do you guys feel this could be the same thing with Characters like Crash and Master Chief, especially since it seems Chief got no Costume, and i don't know if we'll get 2 Microsoft Characters in the Same pass. I do think Crash will appear, but I don't know as Costume or character....
It would make sense that Chief & Crash would cost a pretty penny. But at the same time, Microsoft & Activision are doing a lot of cross promotion with those two series right now.

I made a post in the Master Chief thread about Halo: Infinite’s marketing; tldr it’s a pretty huge marketing push. Meanwhile, I haven’t seen too much stuff for Crash 4 but I did notice some stuff with CTR last year including Sour Patch Kids & some gum company. In general, I feel that Activision is aiming to return Crash to his former glory. So I could see both companies offering a lower price for Master Chief & Crash since it’d be good promotion.

Chief also has the added bonus of MS already being in Smash, as well as Sakurai mentioning how easy they are to work with. Buuuut that could also hurt the Spartan since Nintendo may want to use that spot to work with another company. 🤷

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Leakbait is a term use by those who think that Nintendo/Sakurai are playing 4D chest.

Chances are the Ultimate development doesn't pay attention to North America forums, youtube videos from small time youtubers, and tweets that don't gain much attention outside of our echo chamber.

Remember when everyone thought Incineroar was leak bait?
Those were....times.
I remember being downvoted on reddit for suggesting that box theory has a more realistic chance of happening over the Grinch leak since retailers make that kind of mistake all the time.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I dislike any Smash speculation YouTube channel simply because 99.9% can be summed up like this (as a matter of fact, so can most channels in general):

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhat's up guys, [super generic name] here back covering another leak. Today's leak comes from a 4chan user who claims to have inside information about the next DLC fighter. But before we get into that, make sure you slap a like on this video and ring the **** out of that notification bell so you can stay updated on all the Smash speculation news going forward.

[WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER INTRO]

Today's video is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends [FAST FORWARD 3:00]

An anonymous 4chan user claims to have interned at the office of Bandai Namco. While giving coffee to one of the programmers, his eyes couldn't help but see a folder sitting on the programmer's desk which read "CLASSIFIED." Sticking out of the folder was what appeared to be concept art for Billy Hatcher in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The user also claims to have seen Geno, Dante and Crash Bandicoot. [RAMBLES ON TO HIT THE 10:00 MARK]

And that's all for today! Make sure you like, comment, subscribe, rate 5 stars, hit the notification bell, like my mom's Facebook page, and I'll see you in the next one!

---------------

tl;dr: NordVPN and Raid Shadow Legends get around more than a hooker.

TheBeastHimself

I really don't see the point of faking a leak. I'm not talking about the extravagant leaks that include a well-made picture or video because those are just really cool, I'm talking about the 4chan leaks, the Twitter leaks, etc.

Like, why do people need their 15 minutes of arbitrary internet clout? It doesn't do anything for the "leaker," nor do people care about them specifically, they only care about the BS that will spew from their mouth.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I really don't see the point of faking a leak. I'm not talking about the extravagant leaks that include a well-made picture or video because those are just really cool, I'm talking about the 4chan leaks, the Twitter leaks, etc.

Like, why do people need their 15 minutes of arbitrary internet clout? It doesn't do anything for the "leaker," nor do people care about them specifically, they only care about the BS that will spew from their mouth.
I imagine a lot of people who fake leaks want to start internet outrage because they think it is funny.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Answered your own question.

Smash fans are easy to **** with, so by proxy, making a fake leak that gets talked about/debated to death in the community is a good source of schadenfreude.

TheBeastHimself

I imagine a lot of people who fake leaks want to start internet outrage because they think it is funny. and Shadenfreude
Answered your own question.

Smash fans are easy to **** with, so by proxy, making a fake leak that gets talked about/debated to death in the community is a good source of schadenfreude.
Imagine being excited to get home from work because you can rile up a bunch of people with a few strokes of the keyboard? Lol.

TheBeastHimself

I mean, not wanting to throw shade at any fanbases in particular, but some are a LOT easier to **** with than others.
I'm catching your drift my friend, and I agree lol. I do hope particular fanbases do in fact get their character though because they're just begging to be thrown a bone, and I can't say no to puppy dog eyes personally.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

This fandom is full of idiots that believe anything. Just at the amount of times we had something like Rayman in Smash 4, the Grinch leak, CacoMallow. Or stupid theories like Google theory and chair theory. As well as look into every single game Sakurai has mention he is currently playing.

Yeah I can see why people would make fake leaks just to get a laugh at how stupid large chunks of the Smash community.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

That hit of dopamine your brain gives you when people pay attention to you. Some people get it through genuine relationships. Others get it through social media. And some, I guess, can only get it through deception.

Or for ****s and giggles. Some people are just assholes. Never forget the Grinch leak was a thing.

TheBeastHimself

Some people are just so bafflingly desperate to believe anything, ugh. Not sure why it's frustrating to me lmao.

I just don't understand following the leak scene, unless it's just to talk about things when there is nothing to discuss. There's like a solid 1% of the community that will actually have some credible info, but all of the attention goes to the 12 year old ResetERA/4chan "leakers."

The leak game, I'd say, hit the Smash community mainstream in the Smash 4 days, and even then, you'd think people would learn from the Gematsu leak or the Rayman leak. And nowadays, the Grinch leak, or the countless other "leaks" that exist.

Why are there so many sheep? We all have to strive to be the shepherd.

TheBeastHimself

Even though every time I see someone mention CacoMallow being real, my face turns into this.

I hope whoever made it is laughing their ass off at the amount of fools they are still tricking to this very day. Because this fandom does deserve moments like that.
Really really not trying to throw shade at anyone, but what merit does Cacomallow have at all? Once again, does nobody recall the Rayman leak which, to me, was the biggest lesson for the Smash community to stop being so gullible?

We aren't living in the early 2000s anymore. Most people have computers, and a lot more skilled artists are gaining access each day.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
the worst part of cacomallow possibly being fake is that the creator hasn't released their jigglebone technology or the actual mii hats for others to use. it's a good looking pair of hats. modding wasn't as far along as it is now, so they just sat on that while others caught up that's wasted time for modders.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
the worst part of cacomallow possibly being fake is that the creator hasn't released their jigglebone technology or the actual mii hats for others to use. it's a good looking pair of hats. modding wasn't as far along as it is now, so they just sat on that while others caught up that's wasted time for modders.
Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm pretty sure it is this

They just put the Mallow hat over the Slime hat

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Something I've noticed is that we seem to have a situation of "a watched pot never boils." All the DLC so far has been a blindside, either for all of us or for some of us. Obviously, not everyone is a complete blindside, like Steve and Byleth, but all the expected characters had something that made others hesitant of them. Maybe they were too old, or too recent, or were just overshadowed by someone else.

That being said, it's rather illogical to just say "hot topic character=Auto-deconfirm." In addition, I realized that a major hot topic has gotten in with Steve; They just weren't a hot topic when they actually came. Perhaps characters like Crash and Dante will begin to drop over time, only to actually get in while their support is on a low.

Basically, I'm telling you to stop expecting Dante and Crash so the Spirits of Screw You up above let them past and we can get our hands on them sooner. Perfect logic, guys! :4pacman:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Something I've noticed is that we seem to have a situation of "a watched pot never boils." All the DLC so far has been a blindside, either for all of us or for some of us. Obviously, not everyone is a complete blindside, like Steve and Byleth, but all the expected characters had something that made others hesitant of them. Maybe they were too old, or too recent, or were just overshadowed by someone else.

That being said, it's rather illogical to just say "hot topic character=Auto-deconfirm." In addition, I realized that a major hot topic has gotten in with Steve; They just weren't a hot topic when they actually came. Perhaps characters like Crash and Dante will begin to drop over time, only to actually get in while their support is on a low.

Basically, I'm telling you to stop expecting Dante and Crash so the Spirits of Screw You up above let them past and we can get our hands on them sooner. Perfect logic, guys! :4pacman:
Makes sense, I expected characters I wanted throughout the DLC. FP7 was the only one I was pessimistic about and expected someone I didn't like, which caught me off guard when one of my most wanted characters got in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom