• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can say we aren't getting a double reveal.

It will be a third party.

My bet is on Sol Badguy now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, after 6 months since "lol next character is arms, stfu and enjoy", I'd fall into any type of brainless hype when the reveal is barely hours away
Mate

It's 4am and the only reason I'm even alive right now is because I've injected soo much caffeine into myself to force myself to stay awake.

I'm too ****in' far gone by this point
****, guess I'm just built different. When y'all get disappointed for chasing pointless spots, I'll post the Cooler TFS clip.

I am very confident it will be Sol Badguy now.

Remember Banjo?
Yeah, that was the leaker dude who said "Smashing time". Don't be so gullible.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Any I am SO PUMPED! I've been waiting for the next fighter reveal for a while now! At this point I don't care who it is! (Just as long as it's not a Pokemon since I think 10 fighters is enough)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bruh, I can't believe our last reveal was in March basically.
What do you expect? This pandemic threw everything into a loop.

The brief announcement is probably going to be about why this one took so long and the rest of the fighters being delayed with it lasting into 2022.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
****, guess I'm just built different. When y'all get disappointed for chasing pointless spots, I'll post the Cooler TFS clip.

Yeah, that was the leaker dude who said "Smashing time". Don't be so gullible.
Eh, it's the final hours. The minute some other seiyuu retweets the direct, people will be losing their minds over that as well. :mybodyisreggie:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh, it's the final hours. The minute some other seiyuu retweets the direct, people will be losing their minds over that as well. :mybodyisreggie:
Everyone is just forgetting that baboom always wins.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So there's a chance of it being Sol Badguy eh?

I'm down in that case, not a supporter but he seems like a character that would be fun to play.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think the character is from Rated M game, that's all I will say

EDIT: Also the Actor of Sol Badguy retweeting is interesting, it wasn't the creator of Guilty Gear himself. I don't know if a voice actor would know of Character inclusion if they were just mii costume or something, but he could just be fan of smash though

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
also we might like get the character super soon

cause i remember he said making sakurai presents being really hard due to the pandemic so he might just not have one now and the little extra message after is just the mii costumes or something

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are people just speculating or is there a reason people think it is Sol now?
Based off his voice actor retweeting it lol. It's like how one of Sora's creators or Kingdom Hearts devs (don't really remember) retweeted someone saying Sora in Smash would be cool and everyone thought it was a hard lock confirm.

We just don't know who it is and probably won't know who it is until like, 30 minutes before it airs lol

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sol Badguy would be pretty ace, and with Strive coming up it could give Guilty Gear the huge break it's been waiting for. If nothing else the music he would bring would make it all worth it alone.

Still, don't take retweets to mean anything significant, for every case of it actually panning out, there are two cases of it not doing so.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I will be back later, but my gut is telling me that something big is coming so everyone get ready

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
His JP Voice actor retweeted the presentation. Make of that as you will. Doesn't mean it's happening, but it's not a negative thing either.
Has he played anybody else? It's possible that's it's one of his other characters.

That ain't happenin' unless they change the lyrics like they did Mass Destruction. :mybodyisreggie:
I low-key want a censored version of his in smash just to play it with the animal crossing characters
I think animal crossing being in this game at all is funny.

Shroob

Sup?
Has he played anybody else? It's possible that's it's one of his other characters.

I low-key want a censored version of his in smash just to play it with the animal crossing characters
I think animal crossing being in this game at all is funny.
His other notable game roles are like, Doomfist from Overwatch, one of Heihachi's sons in Tekken and Kirei from Fate franchise.

I'm really sus on Tekken since we got the Mii costume of Heihachi back.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I would be hyped for Sol, but I think saying it's gonna be him (or another character his VA voices) because the VA retweeted the announcement is jumping to conclusions. We just had a situation where Abby Trott (singer of Lifelight, VA for Annette, Maya Fey, Pod 153, and others) quote retweeted the announcement with an eyes emoji and specifically had to clarify that she was just excited to find out who it will be because Twitter started jumping to conclusions about her being involved in the reveal trailer in some way.

If it does end up being Sol, that'd be really cool, but the RT could just as easily be something like Abby Trott's, where he's just excited about the reveal.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I've been generally avoiding any gaming sites, has there been any sort of leak? I don't want to know who if so, just interested :)

7NATOR

Smash Master
I've been generally avoiding any gaming sites, has there been any sort of leak? I don't want to know who if so, just interested :)
I know there was one claiming to have pic of FP7 Trailer, but that seems to be pics of other things though

Otherwise nada, it's clean right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom